Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Get Married?

Comments

• Options
    CodaH3artCodaH3art Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, as well as other bugs- like aging by means of baking a cake.
  • Options
    llsuisllsuis Posts: 10 New Member
    From my personal experience being unable to marry is due to having many boyfriends or girlfriends. This has only happened in game to my sims who have multiple love interests- not sure if being boyfriend/girlfriend is the problem or having romantic interest at all is. Either way, breaking up with everyone made it so my sims could get married. This is the third time so I KNOW that's the problem in my case.
  • Options
    KatieKillzKatieKillz Posts: 1 New Member
    More than one lover will cause this issue. You can either breakup with the others, or delete them, either way should fix this issue. My sim had ano alien boyfriend. He was impossible to reach so I deleted him. Problem solved.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    I also have the same issue. It started with the Toddler & City Packs. In my game, it seems to affect households (and former households) where there was a connection (not necessarily a romantic relationship) to Zachary Henley (babysitter) or Carla Lance (maid). I hope this bug can be fixed soon.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    In the patch notes they did say that Sims at weddings will stay seated now so they obviously did something in the area of the wedding programming - so perhaps that fixed your issue.

Hah! I've held two weddings since that 'patch' and the guests still mill around during the wedding. Even my controllable Sims will mill about. After I've put into their queue where to sit! I'm frustrated and angry that the wedding has been messed up since the beginning of this iteration. Here we are well into February in the new year, too. Writin_Reg, please understand I'm not yelling at you. I'm just ranting, in general.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Just another tip if your sims can't get engaged - if they exchanged promise rings as teens, they can't get engaged. I've always had to break them up and get them together again.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KatieKillz wrote: »
    More than one lover will cause this issue. You can either breakup with the others, or delete them, either way should fix this issue. My sim had ano alien boyfriend. He was impossible to reach so I deleted him. Problem solved.

Still this isn't normal and needs to be fixed. I've found that trying to be girlfriend/boyfriend with a married sim will get rejected everytime..
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimGuruNick says they know about this issue and are looking into it. I'm getting tired of these patches breaking stuff.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Just another tip if your sims can't get engaged - if they exchanged promise rings as teens, they can't get engaged. I've always had to break them up and get them together again.

Yes, it is true. I did same.
  • Options
    definitelynitkatdefinitelynitkat Posts: 1 New Member
    Still having this same exact issue! Any tips on how to fix it?
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Tell your partner "be just friends" and then again ask be gf/bf
    For me, I don't exchange the rings in teen age any more. Then, when they become young adult - I don't have such problem.
    For married sims - clear their marriages. Or add to family, then break up with spouse.
  • Options
    YoutubeAddictYoutubeAddict Posts: 1 New Member
    This is happening to me to. My sim has two boyfriends which could be why she can't get married, but this is the Sims I should be able to make my sim a snake if I want to lol.
  • Options
    KITkingslayerKITkingslayer Posts: 4 New Member
    Ok this is how to fix it.You need to debug the object used to hire any help (DJ,cook,maid,or who ever) Make sure that the employee is released.Debug the object by opening the console and entering testingcheats true.Once you enter the cheat shift+right click the object( Dj booth fridge or what ever you used to hire them.)The select debug object.
  • Options
    KITkingslayerKITkingslayer Posts: 4 New Member
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    xQueensimmer189xxQueensimmer189x Posts: 1 New Member
    Bekahx3 wrote: »
    I'm not posting this in the bugs section because I'm assuming it's not a bug, just something I don't understand.
    Edit: The more I look into this, the more it is definitely a bug.
    My sim is engaged and the two marriage interactions are greyed out, with the message "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship."
    Does that mean her job won't allow her to marry? She's an internet personality. I don't get why that would prevent her from marrying. x.x
    Update:
    Luckily this Sim has the Serial Romantic aspiration, so she had several boyfriends and girlfriends lined up. I dumped the first guy and tried marrying two more people and I'm getting the same message. The weird thing is that the option will randomly be available for a minute and then if I click it, the action will cancel and it will be greyed out again. And I can't seem to notice any specific pattern with when the option becomes available. With the first fiance, I even tried adding him to the family and employing him. Still got the same message. And when I added him, his marriage option to marry the girl was there, but it would just immediately cancel every time I clicked it.

Right so what happened with my sim is she got married but she was divorced and tried to marry her new bf it said no so after typing in testingcheats true and then typing in cas.fulleditmode then shift click on the sim and click on marriages.. then clear marriagesz :wink:
  • Options
    Nike_BaeNike_Bae Posts: 6 New Member
    This just happened to me. I was trying to let the guy purpose, but it didn't work. I had to have the female purpose (weird) but it worked that way. I hope that when I plan the wedding, it does not make it hard for me to get them married. :/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello
    For simmers who are having issues with proposing , try having the sims use the " just be friends " interaction, then build up their relationships again until the option to propose appears.
    If you have the I ssue where you get notification that they are unable to marry someome that they employ , try having the sims break up with any other boyfriends or girlfriends that they have, and see if that helps.
  • Options
    OwlTamerOwlTamer Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I am a few monhts late but the problem popped up in my game as well and I found a fix , if you use ctrl+🐸🐸🐸🐸+C and enable testing cheats you can right click on the sim and choose "Clear Marriage" then you can actually propose
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

You know, it wasn't always that way. I had a teen couple, who did the entire promise thing, too. Then I aged him up first and then her and he was able to propose. Not any more. I do wonder who placed their sabots into the works, as in sabotage?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    My Sim was a Serial Romantic. I did what someone suggested and changed all romantic relationships to just be friend relationships and it freed up the use of the propose button.
  • Options
    MissaMullinsMissaMullins Posts: 17 Member
    A modder created a fix for this.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=594607
  • Options
    aylin0213aylin0213 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have the same problem.. my sim is also an internet personality so i think that's the reason...?
  • Options
    Shybug91Shybug91 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm currently having this same problem :(
  • Options
    kaytkayt Posts: 1 New Member
    So mine says I can't get married because my sim is the others superiour, but they are in different professions. Mine is in the Scientist career and the other is in the Detective career, so I don't get it.