Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite things to do in the sims 2?

takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
I'm currently redownloading ts2 onto my new computer, and I've been realizing how much I've missed it! It's my favorite version of the sims by far. I don't know where I'm going to start once it finishes downloading. So! What are your favorite things to do in the sims 2? Do you have any fun challenges I should try, etc?

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Well, my favorite thing is building, so I spend a lot of time doing that.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    There are so many things I love! I love trying different challenges because I think they can actually be a challenge, I've found with the later versions of the game it can be very easy.

My favourite challenges are:

The Apocalypse Challenge
    The Legacy Challenge
    The Random Legacy challenge
    The Asylum Challenge
    The Royal Kingdom Challenge
    The Prosperity Challenge.

I love building my own neighbourhoods, community lots, sub-hoods from scratch. I love having the freedom to do that. I love being able to start with a few sims and build up the neighbourhood and by playing rotationally everyone can age at similar rates.
  • Options
    There are so many things I love! I love trying different challenges because I think they can actually be a challenge, I've found with the later versions of the game it can be very easy.

The Apocalypse Challenge
    The Legacy Challenge
    The Asylum Challenge

I love building my own neighbourhoods, community lots, sub-hoods from scratch. I love having the freedom to do that. I love being able to start with a few sims and build up the neighbourhood and by playing rotationally everyone can age at similar rates.

Did you do the Asylum Challenge from over at MTS? I really want to try that one but I don't understand what the maker of that challenge means with the numbers for the personality, so I haven't been able to do that challenge yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

The Apocalypse Challenge
    The Legacy Challenge
    The Asylum Challenge

Did you do the Asylum Challenge from over at MTS? I really want to try that one but I don't understand what the maker of that challenge means with the numbers for the personality, so I haven't been able to do that challenge yet.

Yeah. If it's the one where you divide the Astrological signs into two groups of six. Set one is odd numbers and set two is even. So you roll the dice, say you get a four? You would then roll it again but whatever number you roll you would pick from the even set. So a two would be Scorpio.

That's the version I use, it's been a while since I played, I don't know if ups changed for later versions as I've only ever did the challenge for the sims 2.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    No challenges from me. I like graduating sims including some mascots and cheer leaders.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    No challenges from me. I like graduating sims including some mascots and cheer leaders.
    I would say that having some student Sims graduate from college in itself is a challenge. :)
    I enjoy when their want is to do assignment (or influence a Sim to!) or write the term paper or even do group research. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I still enjoy making neighborhoods and starting challenges. My favorite challenge is the Apocalypse Challenge. I've finished a few but it's always different and fun to start another. :mrgreen:
  • Options

The Apocalypse Challenge
    The Legacy Challenge
    The Asylum Challenge

Yeah. If it's the one where you divide the Astrological signs into two groups of six. Set one is odd numbers and set two is even. So you roll the dice, say you get a four? You would then roll it again but whatever number you roll you would pick from the even set. So a two would be Scorpio.

That's the version I use, it's been a while since I played, I don't know if ups changed for later versions as I've only ever did the challenge for the sims 2.

YES! OK, that's the one I saw, and yes, it's the odd/even thing I was so confused on. However, thanks to your explanation, I THINK I understand it now.

THANK YOU!!!!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    PLAY! :love: BUILD! :love:

I love the Sims themselves and get lost in their stories. I've recently become addicted to building as well.
  • Options

The Apocalypse Challenge
    The Legacy Challenge
    The Asylum Challenge

YES! OK, that's the one I saw, and yes, it's the odd/even thing I was so confused on. However, thanks to your explanation, I THINK I understand it now.

THANK YOU!!!!

No problem! Any other help required just say. :-)
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Play the Pleasantview premades and watch the neighborhood story unfold. <3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    Play the game. :) A long time ago, I really wanted to create a scene I saw in an old game, Indiana Jones. So, in TS2 I dug down and built an underground cave. I had a cc ladder that let Sims down into the large hole. I put things around like Indiana had dug up some stuff. It was really cool and above ground it had lots of mountains and jungle. Springs and waterfalls. I raised the ground like a cliff in one area and got some terrain paint to look like flowing water and rock terrain paint like a water fall cascading over the rocks down a great divide. Then I used the Uni community shower and move objects on cheat to put it there so Sims could take a shower out in the wild in what looked like a waterfall. That was pretty cool. But underground in their 'cave' I sent Sims to this community lot or 'island' and they could dig (since that action was later added) like they were digging for treasures, and actually they are since they may dig up an old bone or statue etc. That was a lot of fun. I used to say: The Sims 2 Where Your Imagination Never Ends'. :D ETA: In my mind's eye it was a jungle/mountain excavation digging site. No walls or lights anywhere except those tiki posts that came in Seasons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like to play with a story in mind, got a new computer as when my old one died I was left with one that quickly ran out of the tiny bit of space it had so I couldn't play for a while reinstalling already thinking of jumping right back into my old ways of bouncing around the households deciding what sim will do what...first to get the game installed and see how it does from there. I've read that for some of us the playthroughs are rarely exactly the same just adding your own story and twists can change quite a bit for the sims. Oh and also hi again peeps I saw before (and new ones heh) been a little while hope all is well.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I used to love creating my own neighborhood and letting it evolve and grow. Now I love playing the premades in the neighborhood and watching how the neighborhood evolves. I am starting to get into the the second generation of Pleasantview and I must say it is quite entertaining. Some are still in college but some are back in the neighborhood. One of the premade Tricou teens I sent to college. She will come back as an immortal vampire and take over the Tricou mansion. I am not sure where her story goes from there but her teen siblings will be headed to college as some point and will become immortal vampires too. Right now she is sleeping with Daniel Pleasant Jr. (Daniel and Kaylynn's son) Wonder if she will kill him, turn him or just continue to sleep with him. Daniel doesn't have any intentions on settling down...lol

I haven't played vamps in Sims 2 in a long time. If they have children, are they human?
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I used to love creating my own neighborhood and letting it evolve and grow. Now I love playing the premades in the neighborhood and watching how the neighborhood evolves. I am starting to get into the the second generation of Pleasantview and I must say it is quite entertaining. Some are still in college but some are back in the neighborhood. One of the premade Tricou teens I sent to college. She will come back as an immortal vampire and take over the Tricou mansion. I am not sure where her story goes from there but her teen siblings will be headed to college as some point and will become immortal vampires too. Right now she is sleeping with Daniel Pleasant Jr. (Daniel and Kaylynn's son) Wonder if she will kill him, turn him or just continue to sleep with him. Daniel doesn't have any intentions on settling down...lol

I haven't played vamps in Sims 2 in a long time. If they have children, are they human?

They will be human. Short of aliens, none of the occult states are able to be passed on through Try for Baby pregnancies. PlantSims can be be genetic through spawning Plant Sim babies.

You will be able to turn the offspring into a vampire when they turn teenager. Then they'll remain a teen until such time as you send them to University as they will not age.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In TS2 it's easy to play the whole hood. Build it the way you want it, decorate it the way you want. I often had only one Mayor, I mean what town has two? lol A few police officers, a few professors (Education Career) one Dean, etc. etc. I didn't give all Sims all the careers. It made sense to me some of those careers would have different Sims on different rungs of the ladder. So, a lot of them never got an actual promotion (easily avoided in TS2) so they would remain a dishwasher, etc. Some had businesses (right in the main hood a lot of the times) where my Sims had to go if they wanted furniture, groceries, a restaurant meal, a club event etc. I made the Sims I played visit my other Sims' businesses to buy anything. I had whole lots, with mixed venues. Like a toy store district, a close shopping district, restaurants etc. All on one huge lot etc. I rebuilt London in the 1800's for my Sherlock and all the criminal elements and shop owners. Police station (with modded prison stuff that worked) etc. I took a lot of my ideas from other worlds I saw in adventure games. One rule I had in one hood was if they were friends with Sherlock then they would not die. Anyone else was fair game. lol I had my family sections, my slum sections (apartments/warehouses etc.) and the river, with a dock for the big ship. It was possible to build a plank, (with terrain tools) to get over to that ship from the shore, and many seedy crimes happened there at the docks I built. TS2, is more than a 'closed' world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    One of the premade Tricou teens I sent to college. She will come back as an immortal vampire and take over the Tricou mansion.

My memory might be failing me, but, don't the Tricou teens need to be resurrected?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2016
    @slynnski wrote: »
    One of the premade Tricou teens I sent to college. She will come back as an immortal vampire and take over the Tricou mansion.

My memory might be failing me, but, don't the Tricou teens need to be resurrected?

Not the teens, they're downtownies and wander around. The Tricou adults need to be resurrected, though. It's through those teens that it's easiest.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Not the teens, they're downtownies and wander around. The Tricou adults need to be resurrected, though. It's through those teens that it's easiest.

Ah. I knew there was some kind of resurrection involved with that family. :D

What is the best/easiest way to get the teens playable? I'm interested in exploring their family, like @keekee53 is doing.
  • Options
    slynnski wrote: »

What is the best/easiest way to get the teens playable? I'm interested in exploring their family, like @keekee53 is doing.

Easiest way is to ship them off to University. You can send off any of the teen townies to University. There's a button when you're out in the neighborhood that will let you ship Sims off to University. It's to the left of the CAS button, I believe. Near the evict button.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    slynnski wrote: »

Easiest way is to ship them off to University. You can send off any of the teen townies to University. There's a button when you're out in the neighborhood that will let you ship Sims off to University. It's to the left of the CAS button, I believe. Near the evict button.

Thank you! As soon as I made that comment, I remembered there was that option. Hmmm, I think I know what I will be doing with my next play session!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @slynnski I am glad you got your answers from the helpful people around here. My one teen is still in college but yeah I am excited to play in the mansion. I think I am going to keep the family members dead and just play with all the teens in the mansion. All vampires..lol
  • Options
    @slynnski I am glad you got your answers from the helpful people around here. My one teen is still in college but yeah I am excited to play in the mansion. I think I am going to keep the family members dead and just play with all the teens in the mansion. All vampires..lol

Yes, I love this community, everyone is always so very helpful and friendly!

I'm going to send the teens to college and then put them back in the mansion like you did, but after that, I'm not sure.... I think I will probably try to resurrect the other family members too. I haven't played with a TS2 vampire in a long time, and there are two coffins in the cellar.... we'll see! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Can you have a Vampire Zombie? If so, that would make for some interesting game play.

edited for typo.
  • Options
    Can you have a Vampire Zombie? If so, that would make for some interesting game play.

edited for typo.

Yep.

You can even have an alien, zombie, vampire, werewolf, plantsim, witch all in one. Plant Sim + vampire makes for interesting game play. Vampires are killed by sunlight, but plant sims require sun light to live...