Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Grandpa's Grove

Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
I have a question you all might be able to help me with. I am interested in this set Grandpa's Grove but I can't afford to get the whole set at once. So I thought I would get it piece by piece and even maybe put some of the items on my Wish List individually. But I can't find a way to get it like that. So here is my question: does it ONLY come as a set? Except for the Tractor, which I see is considered Premium Content and seems to be available separately, what about the furnishings? Can anyone direct me to a page where I can buy only the pieces I really want? I was also looking at Brunch at the Old Mill and on that set you can click each piece and then there is a link to View Full Item Details which takes you to a page where you can buy each piece. But I don't seem to have that option with Grandpa's Grove. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I think you can buy pieces separately, BUT... that set isn't available for CYS, so getting pieces doesn't help you towards getting the entire thing, and getting it piecemeal makes it more expensive, and you won't get the venue itself that way. That's because it's considered a venue, not a set.

Have you tried following the Daily Deal thread? There's a pattern to when each of the items appears on the Daily Deal, and you can get some pretty good discounts. The first page of that thread lists everything that appears on the daily deal over the course of the rotation.

Grandpa's Grove comes up three times during the rotation, in fact, with discounts of 57%, 61%, and 72%. A full rotation of the list takes 82 days, which would make that the maximum time you would have to wait for the best discount.

There's a spreadsheet linked on the first page of the thread, which will show you what exact date and time each deal is going to show up for the next year or so. It's very useful, and if you're diligent enough to click ads, and patient enough to wait for deals, you can end up owning the store without paying a penny. I've done it, as have many others. It just takes some work and patience on your part to accomplish it.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello :)

Just to add to what MiaSkyWalker explained so well, most of the items described as venues have to be bought as a whole if you want all the items. As you say you can buy quite a few of the premium content (the ones you can do fancy things with like drink tea, fight evil chickens etc) separately but not the non-premium items. It's best, if you can, to buy the whole venue because eventually you will end up wanting all the items because Sims is irresistible ;)

Anyhoo to confuse the issue more Brunch at the Old Mill and Bohemian Garden are part of Complete a Set (CYS) that like with other Sets (not venues) work so if you buy items individually it will bring down the price of the whole set.

Also according to the Daily Deal Spreadsheet Grandpa's Grove is on sale for 475 simpoints on the 27th of November at 9:54 pm UTC, hope that helps :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I hadn't realized it was coming up so soon, as I hadn't looked at the spreadsheet. That's very good information, and @Faith_Andhope, that means you can get the entire thing for the price of a single piece of the premium content. That's a much better way to go, right? :)
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    @MiaSkywalker and @AlphaFen , Thank you SO much for such a great, complete and helpful answer. I didn't realize it was a venue. That explains it and I am really excited to get a chance at getting it so soon for such a great price. Thanks so much again.