Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I've always wanted Seasons the most, but to have both would be pretty great. And pets not as objects? Even better.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    Who is being insulted or insulting? Perhaps I have been desensitized while I was away but I dont see any insults in this thread prior to your post?

This probably should be in speculation tho.
    So a member of the Sims 4 team confirms that we'll likely be getting two oft-requested features in the future, and the fans are still going to find a way to use this to insult them. Awesome.

I was wondering that myself lol!

I can't wait for a seasons and pets pack, both have always been two favourites of mine
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    That's reassuring after all the pessimistic rumors lately. Now stop reading if you're not up for an emotional rant. ( I promise I don't do this often).

I know that I can't expect this game to get all the things I want. This is a new iteration, we're not "promised" anything. But somehow I'm not able to accept the thought that seasons might not come to TS4. My very first reaction when I saw pictures of the base game, was "this is going to be amazing when weather is added". That feeling increased when we got Windenburg. I can't stop thinking about how beautiful the different seasons will be, that it will be the best version of seasons in The Sims yet. Looking forward to Seasons is part of my game experience. I know I shouldn't take it for granted and I know I shouldn't feel this way, but whenever someone here claims the devs won't be able to patch weather into the existing worlds I almost get tears in my eyes and think "but they just have to find a way to do that, because anything else would be the worst betrayal ever". Then I remember that's exactly how many people probably feel about toddlers already. And that makes me feel downright scared. It makes me realize that I probably wouldn't have bought this game in the first place if I hadn't expected seasons to be added later. I honestly don't know what I would do if seasons turn out to be limited to one world. I would probably leave the game entirely. But look how many people already left because of the toddler "betrayal", and it doesn't really make a difference. Nobody knows where this game is going, but all of us have expectations based on the past iterations. And some of us are bound to be let down. I just desperately hope it won't be those of us who feel like the game is incomplete without weather and who can't wait to see spring break out in Willow Creek, snow fall in Windenburg old town and autumn colors in the Windenburg country side. Please please please make it happen!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just want snow that accumulates, to see the sim stand knee deep in snow and not terrain paint, and survival play for seasons.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I don't think many doubted that seasons and pets would return. What's in doubt is whether seasons are going to affect all the worlds, and if CL apartments is anything to go by, that answer is no.

The more worlds that get released, the likelihood of Maxis retroactively adding gradual snow to them goes down. Every world background is handmade, so they would have to be change it to account for every season; they've put themselves in a corner with their shortcuts.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »

Why dig this up? Those tweets are from 2015 from a member who isn't here anymore that I know of. Or hasn't returned. Do you see Seasons? No. It doesn't matter if it can be done or not the problem is do they want to do it, maybe not, and are they going to do it, maybe not. The game is in it's third year and we don't see a lot of things.

I don't even care about your comments anymore
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    So a member of the Sims 4 team confirms that we'll likely be getting two oft-requested features in the future, and the fans are still going to find a way to use this to insult them. Awesome.

Since toddlers are also a feature that fans are often demanding and requesting to see in the game, I think it's very reasonable to question whether or not we're actually getting Pets and Seasons. The development team has already proven to us that just because a huge amount of fans are demanding/requesting a certain feature does NOT mean we'll get it.

If the development team actually listened to us, then we'd have toddlers by now. But, instead, the developers just keep posting completely unnecessary forum threads about how toddlers "need to be thought out" or whatever.

It's very reasonable to question their motives. Especially after they've been treating the whole toddlers situation.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

Why dig this up? Those tweets are from 2015 from a member who isn't here anymore that I know of. Or hasn't returned. Do you see Seasons? No. It doesn't matter if it can be done or not the problem is do they want to do it, maybe not, and are they going to do it, maybe not. The game is in it's third year and we don't see a lot of things.

You obviously care enough to actually reply to their comment...
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

I don't even care about your comments anymore 2
  • Options
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    I don't think many doubted that seasons and pets would return. What's in doubt is whether seasons are going to affect all the worlds, and if CL apartments is anything to go by, that answer is no.

The more worlds that get released, the likelihood of Maxis retroactively adding gradual snow to them goes down. Every world background is handmade, so they would have to be change it to account for every season; they've put themselves in a corner with their shortcuts.

I'm actually not really sure we're gonna get Pets or Seasons at all... especially after the developers have been treating the toddler situation. If we haven't gotten toddlers (an actual base game feature) by now... what makes anyone think we'll get Seasons or Pets?

The developers have already proven not to care about what fans actually want.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

lol If you didn't care, then you wouldn't reply.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited October 2016

Especially since one of them said they couldn't go back and patch worlds because it would corrupt our saves. And when I asked well, then how did you patch the game to add in some trash cans in NC or move a trash can closer to the sidewalk in WC because Sims couldn't reach it because it was located in an non routed area how they could say they would wind up corrupting our saves. I don't think I got an answer.

OP, no where did Daniel say he wants to make it clear we get pets and seasons. Your title is misleading..where did he say that? All he said is I think so..but what does he know. End of quote. He also said in the past cemeteries were on his to do list...two years ago.

This. And I care about your comments Cinebar..
  • Options

lol If you didn't care, then you wouldn't reply.

I don't even care about your comments anymore 3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Especially since one of them said they couldn't go back and patch worlds because it would corrupt our saves. And when I asked well, then how did you patch the game to add in some trash cans in NC or move a trash can closer to the sidewalk in WC because Sims couldn't reach it because it was located in an non routed area how they could say they would wind up corrupting our saves. I don't think I got an answer.

OP, no where did Daniel say he wants to make it clear we get pets and seasons. Your title is misleading..where did he say that? All he said is I think so..but what does he know. End of quote. He also said in the past cemeteries were on his to do list...two years ago.

This. And I care about your comments Cinebar..

Thank you. I try to stay out of speculation threads and that's where this belongs. Because Daniel's responses are not saying this:

Simguru Daniel REALLY want to make it clear that we get pets and seasons
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I'm actually not really sure we're gonna get Pets or Seasons at all... especially after the developers have been treating the toddler situation. If we haven't gotten toddlers (an actual base game feature) by now... what makes anyone think we'll get Seasons or Pets?

And CL is the 2nd EP in how many years? 2 ? Correct me if I'm wrong pleas.
    TS games run its course in about 4 years.
    So at this rate, idk if we're seeing seasons or pets.
  • Options

That's also a very good point. Unless, of course, EA/Maxis decide that Sims 4 will be the exception and will end up lasting much longer than most Sims games... which would honestly be very disappointing. I'm ready for Sims 5. If they do decide to make a fifth Sims game, hopefully they'll fix the many mistakes they made with the current iteration... Sims 4 is horrible compared to previous games. They have not (and probably will never) bring it to its full potential. They've already missed a lot of opportunities.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

That's also a very good point. Unless, of course, EA/Maxis decide that Sims 4 will be the exception and will end up lasting much longer than most Sims games... which would honestly be very disappointing. I'm ready for Sims 5. If they do decide to make a fifth Sims game, hopefully they'll fix the many mistakes they made with the current iteration... Sims 4 is horrible compared to previous games. They have not (and probably will never) bring it to its full potential. They've already missed a lot of opportunities.

Please don't jinx it lol.
    I'm so ready for ts4 to be over.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Maybe three years. The Sims only lasted three years. It was over about a year by the time TS2 came out. Makin' Magic was the last EP in Oct. 2003. 2000-2003.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Maybe three years. The Sims only lasted three years. It was over about a year by the time TS2 came out. Makin' Magic was the last EP in Oct. 2003. 2000-2003.

The last EP for The Sims came out close to 4 years (3 years, 9 months) after the base game did. The Sims 2 came out about 4 and a half years after The Sims.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member

Since toddlers are also a feature that fans are often demanding and requesting to see in the game, I think it's very reasonable to question whether or not we're actually getting Pets and Seasons. The development team has already proven to us that just because a huge amount of fans are demanding/requesting a certain feature does NOT mean we'll get it.

If the development team actually listened to us, then we'd have toddlers by now. But, instead, the developers just keep posting completely unnecessary forum threads about how toddlers "need to be thought out" or whatever.

It's very reasonable to question their motives. Especially after they've been treating the whole toddlers situation.

How does this have anything to do with toddlers? Like, seriously, do you want every thread to be about toddlers?