Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't login to Sims 3 store, weekly specials have not updated.

Since yesterday morning (Thursday 13th October 2016, GMT+11 time zone), when I try to log in to the Sims 3 store the login popup just spins indefinitely. I can log into Origin and also play the game just fine - it's just the store.

In addition, I've noticed that the weekly specials, which normally update that day are still set to the ones from last week. The daily specials are rotating normally.

Is there some unannounced store update or maintenance that's going on? Or is there something I need to do with my account?

Comments

• Options
    simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    It's still going on. Make Me an Offer won't work either. And I could log in using Internet Explorer but not Chrome. Not sure about firefox. I never get logged out of that. Weird thing is, you can still buy stuff and get Simpoints. Just the sales and Make Me an Offer aren't working. Daily Deal is.
  • Options
    By the way, I'm in Eastern Time Zone.
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    I'll have a try with some other browser and see. Fortunately nothing I want has come up yet.
  • Options
    Firefox didn't work for me, nor did Microsoft edge (IE is long gone...)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    The MMAO works for me and I'm using IE but the sale page is still on last weeks stuff.

I'm not sure what SimGuru/Staff member to tag other than @SimGuruDrake so that she can alert the team that the sale page hasn't been updated yet. I just hope that they haven't forgotten about the store as there is still a lot of TS3 players that still use it.
  • Options
    Just tried Dolphin on the phone with no joy. Don't know if IE is an option there, and I'm blocked from the site on the work PC. Probably have to try IE when I get home.
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    It wasn't just the sales page. The Daily Deal reset from 170ish to 91 and the wishlists reverted back almost a week as well. When I talked to Anees from EA customer service I was assured that it was some sort of site maintenance that caused the problem and that they were working on it. I was told that everything should be back to normal in a couple of hours but that was 10-12-16 at around 7-8:00pm EST. Here we are almost 24 hours later and many people are still having log in issues and MMAO isn't working and so on. The Sales and Daily Deal, according to what I was told, should just continue on from their new starts as if nothing happened and so far that is true. But I'm wondering what happened.

Although to log in try waiting about 30 seconds for it to spin and then refresh the page. That sounds weird but it works for me. I use Edge. Here's hoping we get an official response soon or that things go back to normal soon. And please don't change the Daily Deals again, we are all just now adjusting to the new schedule. Hope that helps someone.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    IE didn't work for me either. Looks like I might have to wait on a fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I talked to Customer Service again and they said they are aware of the issues and that it was elevated to the studio and that they are looking into it but no idea how long it is going to take. Try a different device. Some folks are having luck on phones or laptops or pcs but not the others. I wish I had better news or advice but at least they are looking into the issue.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    IE is down now. Haven't tried Dolphin on phone yet. And now I'm annoyed about the Daily Deals... I use the Google Spreadsheet to track when they are happening, and I know one I really wanted was coming up on my birthday. Guess it's not now. Well this sucks...
  • Options
    Can log in again on Chrome. However, Make Me an Offer is still down and the sales are still saying that they end on 10/12/16. Daily Deal seems fine though. This is as of 1pm EST
  • Options
    Hasn't changed for me as of 06:00 AEDT (GMT+11) yet.

Frustrating as it is, I'm not going to miss any specials, since it appears they reset it back a week or so. Here's hoping for a quick resolution.
  • Options
    Okay, finally managed to get in, running Internet Explorer on admin mode on the laptop. Doesn't help my phone much, but hopefully things are looking up!
  • Options
    Make Me an Offer is down, though. :(
  • Options
    New development. I've been happily clicking on the get SimPoints button and farming merrily away for a while, but now when I do so I get the 2011 terms and conditions and nothing else. Also, any new tabs I open are now unlogged ones (just a while ago I could duplicate as many as I wanted.) Progress? :)
  • Options
    Been loading up on Simpoints as well. It's the only good thing right now. Gives me time to save up for one set that is ALWAYS on my Make Me an Offer. Like they only offer me items for this one set I need to buy, and also for the 2 Superstar sets or whatever that are not complete your set eligible. So stupid.
  • Options
    If you get a window, good luck. Nothing works for me at all now. One of the phone browsers I tried gave me a warning about it not being a trusted site; I'm wondering if they may need to reset their site certificate? Didn't that happen last year?
  • Options
    Okay, I managed to again get on using IE for a bit, and when it's working I am able to purchase and download content. It does appear that this has something to do with the site certificate; IE is clearly treating it as unsecure (http instead of https) but will still let me deal with it if I give authority to do so. Notable that IE only lets me in if when I navigate to the site it already has me logged in (!). Any time I need to renew my password (such as accessing my purchase history), I get the indefinite spin. Make Me An Offer remains down.
  • Options
    Looks like in order to access the store I need to be fully logged in to the game. Origin in online mode and logged in from the Sims 3 launcher. If that is the case, running Internet Explorer to access the store website avoids the login popup and works. Any time I need to enter my details through the browser, it fails. Hope that helps some people.
  • Options
    I think I would feel better about all this if they would just let us know something in the forums or somewhere. It's been a while since I talked to someone there is still no change.

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    I have found that if I open My Page and login through that page, I can then click on the store page on be connected.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Yep, that worked! I can go back to Chrome now, and the phone is back as well! Thank you SO much!
  • Options
    Logging in through my My Page does work. Thank you so much. I was worried that I wouldn't get this Daily Deal I have been saving up for. And it's the lowest price for the rotation, so I really wanted it.
  • Options
    Still no update for the sales. Is this problem being addressed? It seems like they are ignoring it because it's Sims 3. If it was 4, they would have fixed it when it first happened.
  • Options
    Well, to be fair the things that aren't working are just bonuses. There was never any obligation for them to provide them, and you can still purchase store items at list price. At least the DD rotation is still going, touch wood.

I do suspect this may mark the beginning of the end, though. Just went ahead and bought Lucky Palms, which I really wanted, just in case. I have no complaints - I should have gottten onto the DD thing much earlier and bought some weekly offers for things that aren't on the rotation, so I've had my chances. As it is, I'm pretty close to owning the non-World parts of the store.