APRIL 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Patch notes here.
Friday Highlight 04/13 is out in the wild! Check out the highlights here!

Pleasantview Gameplay Story

NekoGirl52NekoGirl52 Posts: 55 Member
edited October 2016 in The Sims 2 Creative Corner
Hi all, I've gotten a little bored of my normal gameplay. I don't have much time to work on this story, with college going on & a broken down car. Still, I'll see what I can do.

We start with the Caliente household. Dina has a thing for Mortimer's money, but I never let her win in my games. This time, I am trying something different.

snapshot_2dae895f_c5086f88.jpg

snapshot_2dae895f_c5086fa8.jpg

He joined the household, giving the sisters $51,153 simoleons. This isn't what Dina planned for, she expected the Goth manor & everything in it, including all the money.

I make a quick stop at the Lothario condo next. I have Don invite Dina over first with Mortimer in tow, instead of Nina like the game suggests for me to.

snapshot_adae8020_85087615.jpg

snapshot_adae8020_e5087654.jpg

He immediately makes out with Dina, not knowing about Dina's plans to win over Mortimer's money. This makes Mortimer furious at Dina....... which is why I'm flipping back over to the Calientes.......

snapshot_2dae895f_65087754.jpg

Dina tries to salvage what's left of her devious plot by getting Mortimer to propose to marriage, only he saw her accept Don's make out happily. He's no dummy, he won't be fooled by her games any longer.

He does, however, let Dina keep the simoleons that he moved in with. In the hope that she will leave him & his family alone......

snapshot_2dae895f_a50878ac.jpg

snapshot_2dae895f_250878b7.jpg

Dina realizes she really messed up on that plan.........

Meanwhile, Nina takes the initiative to actually earn her own money the honest way, & gets a job in the Slacker career.

snapshot_2dae895f_c5087734.jpg

That's it for Part 1. Hope you guys enjoy this, I don't know how much drama I can cook up between these families. Usually, I play out happy, peaceful lives for all of them except Don Lothario & Dina Caliente, who are typically miserable, lol!

I have no idea when or if I'll update. So, for now this is a story of how I play the Caliente sisters. =)
Post edited by NekoGirl52 on

Comments

• NekoGirl52NekoGirl52 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm looking at other stories on this forum, so I'm making the guess based on those that we can make double posts like this as long as it's for a story......

Next, we visit the Oldie family. Herb & Coral wanted to move as close to their daughter & grandchildren as possible.

snapshot_cdae9d39_c508848a.jpg

I try to avoid the Romance aspiration when I can, so for such a sweet elder married couple, I had them go on a date with each other (remaining on the home lot, so no pictures) in order to get Herb's aspiration level into Platinum, so he could use this thing.

snapshot_cdae9d39_e5088650.jpg

He changed his aspiration to Knowledge, something I find very easy to keep platinum so he can have a gold gravestone later. Between that & their future dates....

snapshot_cdae9d39_85088689.jpg

Just as Herb's doing that, Coral greets the welcome wagon. That's Darren Dreamer, Mortimer Goth, & Nina Caliente, the usual group.

snapshot_cdae9d39_250886d8.jpg

I changed Coral's turn ons & turn offs so that they would mostly only be attracted to each other. They both got gray hair & glasses for turn ons, & I don't remember their turn offs.

There is a bigger reason of moving them in here. I switch over to the Pleasants just long enough to play that disaster out...

snapshot_cdae71fd_e508eb83.jpg

snapshot_cdae71fd_c508ebd0.jpg

Lilith is talking to her grandmother while the parents both dote over Angela. I am merely making their Wants happen at this point. Lilith wants a friend, both parents want to talk / hug Angela.

snapshot_cdae71fd_4508ec84.jpg

I usually can't stand romance sims, as pointed out with Herb. Daniel, I'm at odds with. I hate playing out the cheating husband trope, it's overused & boring to me. But neither of them deserve each other, IMO, so I let it happen once in my game. Then Daniel focuses on being a devoted father. He claims chicks love that sorta stuff, but I think he really does enjoy having most of the custody rights.

snapshot_cdae71fd_0508ecef.jpg

snapshot_cdae71fd_c508ed15.jpg

The women of the house leave for the day, as Daniel begins working on his body skill. I will keep him in the Athletic career, but I'm not sure I'll let him make it to level 10.

snapshot_cdae71fd_6508ed32.jpg

Kaylynn the maid arrives promptly at 10am sharp, as per the usual. This is the first bit of gameplay, so she has nothing to clean, & immediately asks to stay on after work. I have Daniel agree as per the prompts, & well, we all know where this goes........

snapshot_cdae71fd_8508edc4.jpg

Daniel says he liked her old outfit better. Kaylynn replies sadly that it was the people in charge of the maid company. They kept getting phone calls from angry wives & girlfriends about mistresses from the company.

snapshot_cdae71fd_a508f081.jpg

I don't bother putting them in the right outfit because I don't care for this sort of action.

snapshot_cdae71fd_e508f0ae.jpg

Because I chose "Grammer Check" on Mary-Sue's pre-programmed chance card, she was fired. This therapist is the result.

snapshot_cdae71fd_2508f0ff.jpg

The betrayal is enough to cause her to go through round two.

snapshot_cdae71fd_c508f182.jpg

Kaylynn leaves, embarrassed of the situation despite egging it on. You might think Daniel will get the boot, but quite the contrary.....

snapshot_cdae71fd_e508f259.jpg

It's Mary-Sue who leaves! She wants a fresh start, & plans to move in with her parents. It will be awkward having to look at this house every morning as she leaves for work.

End of part 2!
    Now we'll be visiting the Brokes. I do lots of little tricks with their house to keep them from having repo man problems in the near future.

snapshot_2dae7a30_25090558.jpg

First thing to do, is I have Dustin talk to Daniel Pleasant, so they can develop a better relationship.

snapshot_2dae7a30_850905c0.jpg

Second, I have Dustin quit his job as Brandi works on teaching Beau his toddler skills. This might seem contradictory to my goal, but it will actually help.

snapshot_2dae7a30_250905e2.jpg

Next, I get rid of the swimming pool. It's unfinished, & they don't have the money to finish it for awhile.

snapshot_2dae7a30_25090605.jpg

Untitled_1.png

Untitled_2.png

Finally, some interior remodeling & deleting of the expensive items Brandi has tried to keep from her doomed marriage. She also gets an easel because it brings in money, & her one true hobby is Arts & Crafts. She needs some stress relief.

By the time I'm done, they have $1,638, as evidenced by the picture, & a house more suitable for 3 - 4 sims.

snapshot_2dae7a30_25090b2f.jpg

After Brandi spends her day helping Beau along, Dustin brings Angela home from school. He wants her to meet his mother & Beau. Angela does so, then........

snapshot_2dae7a30_45090ad8.jpg

Brandi: "I want grandkids Dustin, please make this last."

Dustin: "Moooomm!"

snapshot_2dae7a30_05091227.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_05091256.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_c5091269.jpg

They have their first kiss & fall in love before Angela leaves. :smiley:

snapshot_2dae7a30_c5091333.jpg

After Brandi takes a nap upon finding out she's pregnant, Dustin gets her to help him with his homework.

snapshot_2dae7a30_4509200d.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_e509204c.jpg

Day number 2 is here. With it, a couple big life changes for Beau.

snapshot_2dae7a30_c5092308.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_4509234e.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_850923e9.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_250923f6.jpg

Beau finishes his toddler training, & grows up!

This is it for part 3. Don't know who I'll do next, thinking about the Goths.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 34,530 Member
    Hi :)

Nice progress. I enjoy reading about Pleasantview and how others play it different. :)
    edited October 2016
    Thank you! I enjoy doing the same. Pleasantview is by far my favorite premade town. <3

Before my stop in the Goth family, I move the Burbs into this lot.

snapshot_2dd72caf_85090306.jpg

snapshot_6dae6a73_25093561.jpg

snapshot_6dae6a73_65093570.jpg

snapshot_6dae6a73_c5093595.jpg

Don turns out to be the coward he usually is......

Also, remember how Mortimer was furious at Dina for making out with Don?

snapshot_6dae6a73_a50935c9.jpg

snapshot_6dae6a73_e5093691.jpg

snapshot_6dae6a73_e50936c6.jpg

He's mad at him too, lol. Don is no longer welcome at the mansion, ever!

snapshot_6dae6a73_a509362e.jpg

I know Michael's grave should probably stay with Dina, but I can't help it. He's Bella's brother..... therefore, I keep the grave in the Goth family graveyard....

snapshot_6dae6a73_250936f7.jpg

Aw! I've never seen the family aspiration failure action before. Cute, & sad at the same time.

snapshot_6dae6a73_c509363d.jpg

With no longer an immediate need for the wedding setup, I delete it & place a swingset for Alexander.

snapshot_6dae6a73_05093776.jpg

I have Cassandra fix her red social bar by talking with Darren, as per her wants...

snapshot_6dae6a73_250a7116.jpg

..................... End of Part 4.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 541 Member
    Awesome! I love seeing how others play out all the drama.
  • cianeciane Posts: 14,589 Member
    Aw! Makes me want to play sims 2 again!
  • simgirl18simgirl18 Posts: 17 New Member
    please make more this is so cool :) :)
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    How can I post pics here from my game?
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2017
    [url="[URL=http://s347.photobucket.com/user/Simsimsalabim69/media/Screenshot_zpsaxt7yiki.png.html][IMG]http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p455/Simsimsalabim69/Screenshot_zpsaxt7yiki.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]Screenshot_zpsaxt7yiki.png

Beau and Dustin grew up, went to college and after graduating with high honors, they returned home, found jobs and saved up enough money to get their mom and younger brother out of the dumps and into a brand new house in a beautiful neighborhood.
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 63 Member
    Nice, makes me nostalgic for Sims 2 again, I did a very in depth series back then called Time marches on. It was alot of fun, I am attempting a new Sims 4 saga with all original characters, however it is a bit tough since I don't have the free time I once had.
  • CocandyCocandy Posts: 5 New Member
    Love it and love playing the sims. I always like to destory the original households with my own sims and twists. You've inspired me to post my own Sims stories.. I've played for years and recently have gotten a new laptop so we are waiting for it to download. :smiley: