Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best computer for Sims 4 and other gaming?

Comments

• Options
    Addicted2GamZzAddicted2GamZz Posts: 135 New Member
    > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > i agree with chesterbigbird, most computers(laptop and pc) i have seen come with a 128/256gb or 512gb ssd and 1tb HDD, as the SSD is used as the windows boot drive, it will use nearly all the space, leaving you with not much room for games, a 256gb is enough for windows and sims 3, the HDD can be used for music, programs, and other data. i would recommend getting a 256gb ssd and a 1tb hdd so you will have more than enough room.

i'm helping Stormsview with what storage is the best option, so please don't report me, i'm just giving some tips, i'm not a computer expert but know most parts in a computer
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited October 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

@chesterbigbird as we know everyone cannot afford an expensive computer. and a lot of Teens do not want to accept a
    desktop lol sad but true.

Don't hit me yes this is a notebook lol. whats the verdict? it is low priced

CyberpowerPC TVR15400 Tracer II VR 15.6" Gaming Notebook with i7-7700HQ, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi, BT, Win 10, Black
    $1,099.99 & @chesterbigbird System: Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Quad-Core | Intel HM175 chipset | 16GB DDR4 | 250GB M.2 SSD | genuine Windows 10 home 64-bit
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card, FHD/UHD IPS Anti-Glare 15.6" Display LCD | Audio: 2x 2W Stereo Speakers + 1x 3W subwoofer
    Connectivity: 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 802.11 AC Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.2 | 4-in-1 Card Reader
    Special feature: Full Red Backlit Keyboard + Click pad
    1 Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support Services

Product information
    Capacity:16 GB DDR4 | Style:NVIDIA GTX 1060
    Technical Details

Collapse all
    Summary
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
    Processor 2.8 GHz
    RAM 16 GB DDR4
    Hard Drive 250 GB Flash Memory Solid State
    Graphics Coprocessor GTX 1060
    Chipset Brand NVIDIA
    Card Description Dedicated
    Graphics Card Ram Size 6 GB
    Wireless Type 802.11n
    Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 6 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name CyberpowerPC
    Item model number TVR15400
    Hardware Platform PC
    Operating System Windows 10 Home
    Item Weight 6.1 pounds
    Product Dimensions 15.2 x 10.4 x 1.5 inches
    Item Dimensions L x W x H 15.2 x 10.4 x 1.5 inches
    Color RAM/Memory: 16GB DDR4
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 4
    Flash Memory Size 250.0
    Optical Drive Type None
    Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.

That will play the game fine on ultra settings. However you may want to add a 1TB HDD as a secondary drive. Only having one 250GB SSD and no other drive is not a good idea, you will have zero space left LOL.

I have never used this brand before. I should stay with the brand we trust, my daughter picked this one for Christmas, She only plays Sims 4 so far.
    Thanks for the fast reply :) my worst problem is, she wants to pick it out.

Allot of people here own cyberpower without issue, they are good for laptops.
    Here is another good one with the added 1Tb..
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074542262/ref=psdc_13896615011_t3_B074F18HKS
    i would recommend it.

Thank you so much, I would love her to have what she asked for Christmas. <3 and ty for being kind. If it needs anything more we can easily get it for her.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

@chesterbigbird as we know everyone cannot afford an expensive computer. and a lot of Teens do not want to accept a
    desktop lol sad but true.

Don't hit me yes this is a notebook lol. whats the verdict? it is low priced

CyberpowerPC TVR15400 Tracer II VR 15.6" Gaming Notebook with i7-7700HQ, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi, BT, Win 10, Black
    $1,099.99 & @chesterbigbird System: Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Quad-Core | Intel HM175 chipset | 16GB DDR4 | 250GB M.2 SSD | genuine Windows 10 home 64-bit
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card, FHD/UHD IPS Anti-Glare 15.6" Display LCD | Audio: 2x 2W Stereo Speakers + 1x 3W subwoofer
    Connectivity: 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 802.11 AC Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.2 | 4-in-1 Card Reader
    Special feature: Full Red Backlit Keyboard + Click pad
    1 Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support Services

Product information
    Capacity:16 GB DDR4 | Style:NVIDIA GTX 1060
    Technical Details

Collapse all
    Summary
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
    Processor 2.8 GHz
    RAM 16 GB DDR4
    Hard Drive 250 GB Flash Memory Solid State
    Graphics Coprocessor GTX 1060
    Chipset Brand NVIDIA
    Card Description Dedicated
    Graphics Card Ram Size 6 GB
    Wireless Type 802.11n
    Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 6 hours
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name CyberpowerPC
    Item model number TVR15400
    Hardware Platform PC
    Operating System Windows 10 Home
    Item Weight 6.1 pounds
    Product Dimensions 15.2 x 10.4 x 1.5 inches
    Item Dimensions L x W x H 15.2 x 10.4 x 1.5 inches
    Color RAM/Memory: 16GB DDR4
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Count 4
    Flash Memory Size 250.0
    Optical Drive Type None
    Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.

That will play the game fine on ultra settings. However you may want to add a 1TB HDD as a secondary drive. Only having one 250GB SSD and no other drive is not a good idea, you will have zero space left LOL.

I have never used this brand before. I should stay with the brand we trust, my daughter picked this one for Christmas, She only plays Sims 4 so far.
    Thanks for the fast reply :) my worst problem is, she wants to pick it out.

Allot of people here own cyberpower without issue, they are good for laptops.
    Here is another good one with the added 1Tb..
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074542262/ref=psdc_13896615011_t3_B074F18HKS
    i would recommend it.

Thank you so much, I would love her to have what she asked for Christmas. <3 and ty for being kind. If it needs anything more we can easily get it for her.

Your Welcome ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited October 2017
    > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > i agree with chesterbigbird, most computers(laptop and pc) i have seen come with a 128/256gb or 512gb ssd and 1tb HDD, as the SSD is used as the windows boot drive, it will use nearly all the space, leaving you with not much room for games, a 256gb is enough for windows and sims 3, the HDD can be used for music, programs, and other data. i would recommend getting a 256gb ssd and a 1tb hdd so you will have more than enough room.

i'm helping Stormsview with what storage is the best option, so please don't report me, i'm just giving some tips, i'm not a computer expert but know most parts in a computer

We did up it as much as was possible, Thank you so much. :) the price was a little higher but it's worth it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    PeachesNevPeachesNev Posts: 8 New Member
    > @chesterbigbird said:

>
    >
    >
    > If you could spend more then i would go for this:
    >
    > https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40128/pccg-gunmetal-1060-gaming-system
    > Has better graphics card bigger SSD and the intel cpu... also has a better case.
    > For a monitor
    > https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35179/lg-24mp48hq-24in-widescreen-ips-led-monitor
    > Any good 1920x1080 60Hz monitor is fine.. ips panel is better. Asus/LG/BenQ make good choices.

Thank you so much, that's exactly the advice and encouragement I needed! I'll definitely get it, I'd rather have a bigger SSD than save a couple hundred dollars initially. I can't wait to start playing the Sims again:)
  • Options
    PeachesNev wrote: »
    > @chesterbigbird said:

>
    >
    >
    > If you could spend more then i would go for this:
    >
    > https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40128/pccg-gunmetal-1060-gaming-system
    > Has better graphics card bigger SSD and the intel cpu... also has a better case.
    > For a monitor
    > https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35179/lg-24mp48hq-24in-widescreen-ips-led-monitor
    > Any good 1920x1080 60Hz monitor is fine.. ips panel is better. Asus/LG/BenQ make good choices.

Thank you so much, that's exactly the advice and encouragement I needed! I'll definitely get it, I'd rather have a bigger SSD than save a couple hundred dollars initially. I can't wait to start playing the Sims again:)

Your Welcome!
    If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to PM me :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    PeachesNevPeachesNev Posts: 8 New Member
    Of course as soon as I decided to purchase they sold out :'( I guess i'll just have to be patient and wait for a restock :p
  • Options
    > @Stormsview said:
    > Addicted2GamZz wrote: »
    >
    > > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > > i agree with chesterbigbird, most computers(laptop and pc) i have seen come with a 128/256gb or 512gb ssd and 1tb HDD, as the SSD is used as the windows boot drive, it will use nearly all the space, leaving you with not much room for games, a 256gb is enough for windows and sims 3, the HDD can be used for music, programs, and other data. i would recommend getting a 256gb ssd and a 1tb hdd so you will have more than enough room.
    >
    > i'm helping Stormsview with what storage is the best option, so please don't report me, i'm just giving some tips, i'm not a computer expert but know most parts in a computer
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We did up it as much as was possible, Thank you so much. :) the price was a little higher but it's worth it.

no problem, i know from experience that a 128gb ssd is too small for windows and other data, where a 256gb/512gb is larger and can store sims 3, which can take a while to load to HDD, yeah sometimes you have to pay extra for larger storage but always worth it in end :)
  • Options
    MilabobilaMilabobila Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Milabobila said:
    > Hello all!!
    > I am looking for a desktop replacement that would allow me to play all of the sims 3 (at max specs) as well as the sims 4 in the future. I would most likely only use this computer for gaming, as I have a personal laptop. My budget is <$1500 and I would love to have it before the holidays. Any suggestions? I am grateful for all suggestions as I am quite overwhelmed by computer shopping and I don't want to keep procrastinating on this. Many thanks!
    >
    >

Hi I'm sorry, I don't mean to double post but I was worried that my comment got lost in the fray.
  • Options
    PeachesNev wrote: »
    Of course as soon as I decided to purchase they sold out :'( I guess i'll just have to be patient and wait for a restock :p
    I would call them and ask when they will build more. Or even leave them a private facebook message as they are pretty active on facebook :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Milabobila wrote: »
    > @Milabobila said:
    > Hello all!!
    > I am looking for a desktop replacement that would allow me to play all of the sims 3 (at max specs) as well as the sims 4 in the future. I would most likely only use this computer for gaming, as I have a personal laptop. My budget is <$1500 and I would love to have it before the holidays. Any suggestions? I am grateful for all suggestions as I am quite overwhelmed by computer shopping and I don't want to keep procrastinating on this. Many thanks!
    >
    >

Hi I'm sorry, I don't mean to double post but I was worried that my comment got lost in the fray.

@chesterbigbird This person has a high enough budget for a custom desktop Thanks
  • Options
    Milabobila wrote: »
    > @Milabobila said:
    > Hello all!!
    >
    >

I will send you a pm :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    does anyone know when cats and dogs is getting released and whats the min/recommended specs, as i've tried to look for cats and dogs on origin, amazon, and i can't find, if anyone knows the release date for cats and dogs, please let me know as i love having animals in my sims games :)
  • Options
    does anyone know how good Alienware gaming laptops are(e.g build quality, performance, and cooling) as i'm thinking of buying the Alienware 17 R4(i7-7820HK/GTX 1080), how good are the pascal MSI Laptops(GTX 1070 and GTX 1080)
    Also another question i'm buying a custom built gaming pc from cyberpowersystem.co.uk, for those who have bought custom desktop gaming pcs from them, do they build it for you or do you build it yourself? sorry for the questions i'm new to the gaming pc experience, any tips or guidance you could give me? I'm selling my 5 year old pc my dad had, and selling it and building my own
  • Options
    > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > does anyone know how good Alienware gaming laptops are(e.g build quality, performance, and cooling) as i'm thinking of buying the Alienware 17 R4(i7-7820HK/GTX 1080), how good are the pascal MSI Laptops(GTX 1070 and GTX 1080)
    > Also another question i'm buying a custom built gaming pc from cyberpowersystem.co.uk, for those who have bought custom desktop gaming pcs from them, do they build it for you or do you build it yourself? sorry for the questions i'm new to the gaming pc experience, any tips or guidance you could give me? I'm selling my 5 year old pc my dad had, and selling it and building my own
    > Thanks ::)

sorry i also forgot to mention the games i will be playing are: Sims(1 2 3 4), Mafia(II and III), Grand Theft Auto(III-V), and among others, not just the sims :)
    sorry i forgot to mention it on my original post, sorry ::)
  • Options
    > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > > @Addicted2GamZz said:
    > > does anyone know how good Alienware gaming laptops are(e.g build quality, performance, and cooling) as i'm thinking of buying the Alienware 17 R4(i7-7820HK/GTX 1080), how good are the pascal MSI Laptops(GTX 1070 and GTX 1080)
    > > Also another question i'm buying a custom built gaming pc from cyberpowersystem.co.uk, for those who have bought custom desktop gaming pcs from them, do they build it for you or do you build it yourself? sorry for the questions i'm new to the gaming pc experience, any tips or guidance you could give me? I'm selling my 5 year old pc my dad had, and selling it and building my own
    > > Thanks ::)
    >
    > sorry i also forgot to mention the games i will be playing are: Sims(1 2 3 4), Mafia(II and III), Grand Theft Auto(III-V), and among others, not just the sims :)
    > sorry i forgot to mention it on my original post, sorry ::)

one last thing, any simmers who want to suggest a gaming laptop, and tips for a gaming desktop, you can post on this thread or you can PM me :), the laptops i'm interested in are GTX 1060, GTX 1070 or GTX 1080, an i7-6700HQ, i7-6820Hk, i7-7700HQ or i7-7820HK, and it can only be UK only websites or sellers, as i live in UK, i'm open to any sugguestions and i will have a look at them, when i'm on my laptop, which will be every day
  • Options
    kai227kai227 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm thinking of buying a new desktop just for playing, filming, and editing videos of the game. I'll also be downloading a lot of custom contents for either The Sims 2, 4, or both. The most I'll pay is a little over $1,000. Any recommendations on a great desktop to purchase?
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited October 2017
    What computer could I get for no more than $1200 that can run Sims 4 (with all DLC and Cats and Dogs) and Planet Coaster on the highest settings? $1000 or under would be ideal but yknow, computer are expensive
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Rae357 wrote: »

First one and the 3rd one are both fine. The second one has a weaker processor. If going for a ryzen processor it should be 1600 or above.

Yes you would need a wifi adapter if the description does not include wifi.

amazon has cheaper monitors than walmart I believe. They make them with internal speakers but those cost more. You can buy a monitor and get cheap external speakers for the monitor.

If you want other options speak to @chesterbigbird
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Rae357 wrote: »

Absolutely the third is the best, the cpu is fine for this game and the graphics card (rx 580) is far better then the GTX 1050.
    If you can push the budget just little tiny bit then this would get you a little better cpu performance
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/CYBERPOWERPC-Gamer-Master-GMA3200W-Gaming-Desktop-PC-AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-Processor-16GB-Memory-2TB-Hard-Drive-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Included/55764659#read-more
    The Ryzen 5 1400 will beat out the Fx 8320 in games. But definitely go with the RX 580 graphics above the rest.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    What computer could I get for no more than $1200 that can run Sims 4 (with all DLC and Cats and Dogs) and Planet Coaster on the highest settings? $1000 or under would be ideal but yknow, computer are expensive

I Missed your post Sending PM
  • Options
    jada01jada01 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey guys, I want to buy a gaming computer to play the Sims 4 with all expansion packs and minecraft on. I am looking at this PC right here. I do not know many things about PC's, so I was wondering if you guys could help me. This computer I can get some free upgrades if i customize it because its a black Friday special. Could someone help me build this PC please and Thank You!!!!
  • Options
    jada01jada01 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey guys, I want to buy a gaming computer to play the Sims 4 with all expansion packs and minecraft on. I am looking at this PC right here. I do not know many things about PC's, so I was wondering if you guys could help me. This computer I can get some free upgrades if i customize it because its a black Friday special. Could someone help me build this PC please and Thank You!!!! It would not let me add a link so add www. before the ibuypower

ibuypower.com/Store/Black-Friday-AMD-Ryzen-3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top