Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Map

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2016
    @auramaris wrote: »
    aclavo wrote: »
    auramaris wrote: »
    Why is this pack keep disappointing me with every new thing i see?!! I can't believe how small the map looks and half of it is fx buildings.
    Is this a part of the city or is this seriously all of it cause ? ?? Isn't Windenburg larger than this? I was honestly expecting a larger map than we already have in the game, it doesn't matter there are a lot of lots to live this doesn't even look like a real city.

Looks like i won't be expecting anything from any pack to come after this cause it always ends with disappointment.
    God i really miss Bridgeport now.

What's stopping you from going there now?

Oh for god's sake stop attacking people here and let them voice their opinion. I am genuinely upset about this cause city worlds are my favorite but this map looks hopeless.

I'm currently playing in Belladona Cove from TS2 and even that map looks so much better than this mobile app game looking thing.
    And before someone else tells me to go back and stay in TS2, that's already my plan.

The Sims 2 doesn't have a map. The Sims 4 is the only game to have a map in the series.
    The Sims 1 - 3 have an actual overhead view of the "world".
    The Sims 4 has a map of the world.

People like to point the finger and go "Mobile App Map" and don't actually stop and think what a map is.

A map is a cartoon drawing of a real life place.

I searched "School Map" in Google for example and found:

campus_map4.jpg

A map uses cartoon imagary to show where things are.

An overhead view is not the same as map. A map being cartoon has nothing to do with a mobile app.

That's what a map is. Cartoon.

Worst of all, people act like the "cartoon map" is what the game looks like when you actually load in.

I'm sure the Sims 2 with its pixelated buildings and 2D trees look real good? No? Really?

Well at least you have the "map" that you can stare at.

Seriously, it's been over two years and people are acting like the map is what detiremines how the game looks when you load it up and "play" not stare.

But obviously, you must love pixelated backdrops and The Sims 4 doesn't live up to that :)

The Sims 2 is the "standard" for lots of things, but for worlds? Anyone trying to make out that The Sims 2 for presentation beats 4 (or 3) in anyway obviously needs to re-evaluate.

Like the average person spends less than a minute per session in 2. You don't even see the map when you leave your house. You only see it to choose a family or move in.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Egomouse wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    One thing i'm wondering is if they did the same thing they did with GTW where there are hidden hood/lots for careers. I mean one of the reoccurring trends from each pack that adds a world/hood has been hidden/special areas so they could be counting that toward the overall world.

I can just imagine an alleyway to the biggest crime syndicate in San Myshuno as a hidden spot.
    Then you'd be force to do all these inappropriate tasks in order to pay them off for discovering their hideout, otherwise bad consequences will happen to your Sim.
    .....It won't happen but that would be interesting xD

I want this in my game so bad!!! >:)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    FWIW on the nonresidential lots, one of the super easy things to do in Sims 4 is to switch out one lot for another. This is my plans for penthouses at the moment: keep at least one free for nonresidential, and switch it out as needed: one play session it might be a rooftop pool, another it can be a fabulous restaurant, another it can be a nightclub, another it can be a park...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    FWIW on the nonresidential lots, one of the super easy things to do in Sims 4 is to switch out one lot for another. This is my plans for penthouses at the moment: keep at least one free for nonresidential, and switch it out as needed: one play session it might be a rooftop pool, another it can be a fabulous restaurant, another it can be a nightclub, another it can be a park...

Yeah I build one lot with all the facilities on for different types of venue, then simply switch the lot type to get different behaviour per visit.
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Why is this pack keep disappointing me with every new thing i see?!! I can't believe how small the map looks and half of it is fx buildings.
    Is this a part of the city or is this seriously all of it cause ? ?? Isn't Windenburg larger than this? I was honestly expecting a larger map than we already have in the game, it doesn't matter there are a lot of lots to live this doesn't even look like a real city.

Looks like i won't be expecting anything from any pack to come after this cause it always ends with disappointment.

Oh for god's sake stop attacking people here and let them voice their opinion. I am genuinely upset about this cause city worlds are my favorite but this map looks hopeless.

I'm currently playing in Belladona Cove from TS2 and even that map looks so much better than this mobile app game looking thing.
    And before someone else tells me to go back and stay in TS2, that's already my plan.

Worst of all, people act like the "cartoon map" is what the game looks like when you actually load in.

I'm sure the Sims 2 with its pixelated buildings and 2D trees look real good? No? Really?

Seriously, it's been over two years and people are acting like the map is what detiremines how the game looks when you load it up and "play" not stare.

But obviously, you must love pixelated backdrops and The Sims 4 doesn't live up to that :)

The Sims 2 is the "standard" for lots of things, but for worlds? Anyone trying to make out that The Sims 2 for presentation beats 4 (or 3) in anyway obviously needs to re-evaluate.

Like the average person spends less than a minute per session in 2. You don't even see the map when you leave your house. You only see it to choose a family or move in.

Then let me say that i personally don't like how the cartoony map looks and it feels like a mobile app game to me.
    I can't take the city seriously when it looks like that in the map view.

About TS2, yeah it looks really nice and i actually don't like those fake blurry backdrops in TS4.
    You see the map view a lot in TS4 cause it's how you travel and stuff and i just don't like seeing it, it feels like i'm playing a game for 10 year olds.
    Also i can see buildings from the map in TS2 lots and the thing is they look good in game and feel real in the map too unlike those faded fx buildings in the TS4 map.

30ubrya.png
    This picture's taken in a park and you can see the buildings which also show up in the map view as they are.

I don't get why everyone's trying to prove something while all i'm saying is i don't like it. It's personal preference, get over it already.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Took a picture of it when they showed it off.

b786aNX.jpg

I am looking at this and wishing there was one more area that consisted of empty lots so I can place whatever community lots that I want, both now and from future EPs. Yeah, I will have some sims living in the City, but I will have a lot more living outside of it and who will visit the city for entertainment and shopping (if we have alternative to ordering everything on the computer.) More lots would future proof this EP. Right now the amount of community lots areas looks puny for a city.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Then let me say that i personally don't like how the cartoony map looks and it feels like a mobile app game to me.

About TS2, yeah it looks really nice and i actually don't like those fake blurry backdrops in TS4.
    You see the map view a lot in TS4 cause it's how you travel and stuff and i just don't like seeing it, it feels like i'm playing a game for 10 year olds.
    Also i can see buildings from the map in TS2 lots and the thing is they look good in game and feel real in the map too unlike those faded fx buildings in the TS4 map.

30ubrya.png
    This picture's taken in a park and you can see the buildings which also show up in the map view as they are.

I don't get why everyone's trying to prove something while all i'm saying is i don't like it. It's personal preference, get over it already.

You definitely have a right to your opinion. If you don't like, fine with me, then you shouldn't be "talked" into liking it. But, TBH, it makes me laugh that people hate the cartoon map of a cartoon city. That's just funny. I mean of all the things not to like, you pick the cartoon map of a cartoon city. LOL! Good one mate.
  • Options
    What icon usually shows up on a completely empty lot?
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

It's normally just a transparent plumbob isn't it?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

30ubrya.png

You definitely have a right to your opinion. If you don't like, fine with me, then you shouldn't be "talked" into liking it. But, TBH, it makes me laugh that people hate the cartoon map of a cartoon city. That's just funny. I mean of all the things not to like, you pick the cartoon map of a cartoon city. LOL! Good one mate.

Oh believe me it's not my only pick, i have a nice long list of things i don't like about this game.

The thing is i prefer more realistic looking graphics and some other people like the cartoony style. You like the map? Awesome.
    Me? I'm disappointed cause it looks small for a city world and there is too much fx.

*let it go starts playing in the background*
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

30ubrya.png

Oh believe me it's not my only pick, i have a nice long list of things i don't like about this game.

The thing is i prefer more realistic looking graphics and some other people like the cartoony style. You like the map? Awesome.
    Me? I'm disappointed cause it looks small for a city world and there is too much fx.

*let it go starts playing in the background*

It does look smaller than I thought it would be, but in game, the city may seem a lot larger.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Cos I see some of those "countryside" areas the blog mentioned, you can see them like fields, but no sign of icons on them. So I wondered if there were empty lots on them waiting.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Cos I see some of those "countryside" areas the blog mentioned, you can see them like fields, but no sign of icons on them. So I wondered if there were empty lots on them waiting.

I don't see countryside areas mentioned anywhere?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hmm well I could have imagined it, but then we'd all (including myself) come to the conclusion I had imagined the Friday livestream and then it turned out to be true. I feel certain I read "and had enough of the noise of the city? move out to the countryside" or something like that, and although it didn't say it was part of the city world I assumed it must mean that rather than use the quiet lots in windenburg. I even remember pondering over it a while and thinking that's a bit silly we already have a rural area
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2016
    Are you sure it wasnt the park they were referring to @IngeJones ?

I vaguely recall some wording similar to that but it was about going to the park.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I wondered that when we saw the trailer with the park in it but I saw there were buildings in sight all around it and I thought that can't be what they meant.
  • Options
    And I didn't see anything in the blogs referring to the park either, I am gonna rewatch the trailers now
  • Options
    The park does seem to be off by itself.
  • Options
    Oh well I guess time will tell...
  • Options
    I'm hoping there's at least one "special" lot like in Windenburg.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Check your numbers again.

Willow Creek - 21 22 lots - Plus Sylvan Glade
    Oasis Springs - 21 22 lots - Plus Hidden Grotto
    Windenburg - 21 27 lots - Neighbourhoods are 5/5/6/8, plus Bluffs, Ruins and Von Haunt Estate
    Magnolia Promenade - 4 8 lots (!!!! Why did they bother?) - Plus Sixam, Police Station, Hospital, Lab.
    Newcrest - 15 lots
    Total: 88 100 lots for 5 "worlds." That doesn't even total up to that ONE world from Sims 3.
    I was right about everything except for my count for Windenburg. I actually had 27 lots written on my paper when I counted them, but somehow managed to type in 21 when I posted here. So, 27 lots for Windenburg. I was right about everything else, because I was just counting lots that could be built on plus the Von Haunt Estate. You can't count the police station, hospital, Sylvan Glade, etc. because you can't build on those.

So buildable lots total 87, not 88 like I said, since we can't build on the Von Haunt Estate and I included it.

• Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    This is a joke right? please tell me it is... this map is tiny! even smaller than willow creek and oasis springs, let me get this right. they have had an entire year to work on this expansion pack, what the plum have they been doing for a year? who makes these maps they are tiny! not impressed EA not impressed!
  • Options
    Nectere wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasnt the park they were referring to @IngeJones ?

I vaguely recall some wording similar to that but it was about going to the park.

I think that was in the launch trailer? It makes sense - you get big parks with natural features in them in lots of big cities. You can still see the city, often all around you, but you've got a bit of an escape in the middle of it. Think Central Park in NYC or Shinjuku Gyoen in Tokyo.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Took a picture of it when they showed it off.

b786aNX.jpg

I am looking at this and wishing there was one more area that consisted of empty lots so I can place whatever community lots that I want, both now and from future EPs. Yeah, I will have some sims living in the City, but I will have a lot more living outside of it and who will visit the city for entertainment and shopping (if we have alternative to ordering everything on the computer.) More lots would future proof this EP. Right now the amount of community lots areas looks puny for a city.

Yep, I was expecting shops and restaurants between the buildings not out by themselves somewhere. Like live above the fish market. Live beside the best dressed dress shop, with offices above that street level shop. The community lots (?) seem detached and not up to snuff with a city vibe.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    This is a joke right? please tell me it is... this map is tiny! even smaller than willow creek and oasis springs, let me get this right. they have had an entire year to work on this expansion pack, what the plum have they been doing for a year? who makes these maps they are tiny! not impressed EA not impressed!
    It might look tiny, but there are actually 30 lots in it, including apartments.