Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new careers would you like to see added to Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    military of course, some part time job for YA and A and with a season expansion seasonal job, like in winter working on a ski station, in summer lifeguard on a beach, grape/fruit plantation etc
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    military of course, some part time job for YA and A and with a season expansion seasonal job, like in winter working on a ski station, in summer lifeguard on a beach, grape/fruit plantation etc

All great ideas! Always wanted a sims ski resort destination!
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Another job that might hopefully revive some creativity for players is to have a fashion designer career, or bring back the sewing machine. One great feature could be to allow players to pick patterns and colors again, like the color wheel and the slider from TS3. Model, designer, tailor, seamstress, etc. could all be different branches of the same career. One branch could also be fashion-writer for magazines or Vlogs. Maybe even fashion photographer. If players can design their own clothes they could sell their sims designs through their own retail store in the game. They could put on fashion shows with a cat walk, or simply make cloths for their own children, toddlers, tweens, teens, young adult, adult, babies, and elderly family members.
    Costumes for holidays or other careers for rock-bands. Knitting could be another creative outlet to make gloves, sweaters, and hats. New knitters could make oversized sweaters, or they could have way too long of sleeves. You could also have an ugly sweaters. If pets come back, the dog or cat could wear a sweater. If pets come back, the cat could play with the yarn.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    A gardening career would be good (as would other skill-specific careers).
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Some that I want
    • Carpenter ( inspired from the woodworking bench)
    • Landscaper ( gardening related)
    • Actor/ Actress
    • Singer
    • Dancer
    • Veterinarian
    • Political
    • Military
    • Fashion Designer
    • Wedding Planner
    • Model ( modeling and stuff)
    • Teacher
    • Park Ranger
    • Firefighter
    • Maid/ Butler
    • Zoologist
    • Meteorologist
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Rock Star :love:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Wow everyone has such good suggestions. I hope EA is taking note of this thread :#

A fashion career would be be great, especially if you can split it to either go model route or designer route. Would also be perfect for a...ahem...city-themed release.

As mentioned several times above, I would love to see a veterinarian career be added. That could be a lot of fun.

Hopefully there is a celebrity pack ahead of us that will give us the rock star, actor, and filmmaker careers. Sounds like most folks are in agreement about those ones!

• Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    OMG, there is SOOO many jobs I wish they had, cause I'm so tired of all my sims having the same jobs !?

-Military
    -Teacher
    -Politics
    -Lawyer
    -Construction
    -Acting/Directing
    -Real-Estate
    -Therapist
    -Dentist
    -Nanny
    -Firefighter
    -Stylist

And make some of them where you go with them!
  • Options
    EllomiSimmerEllomiSimmer Posts: 33 Member
    -Model
    -Socialite
    My brain is fried but I'll add more, both careers would bring in a lot of money. And it would be fun to travel with your sims too. Plus I would love if my sims could model clothes for retail stores.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited September 2016
    veterinarian, ventriloquist, archaeologist, drag performer, bike shop owner, cryptozoologist, spelunker/geologist, pirate, evil doll-maker, mortician, architect, motorcycle gang member, glass blower

also, body building. we've already got all of that gym equipment. i want sick muscles on my sims. i want to oil them up and make them pose in their little tiny speedos and want them to cry when they lose to mr. roid rage 2017.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • Options
    SimazingLexySimazingLexy Posts: 16 New Member
    - celebrities
    - hunter of everything supernatural (and go to work with them)
    - something made for vamps, so they can go at night
    I also want them to make everything playable, like the GTW careers
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MILITARY!!!

That would be awesome to have that back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFg3Hwva8WA

This also XD
    This is exactly what career I want to see come back the military career reward is a must so I can recreate my favorite Sims 2 family.
    I'd also like to see bands as a active career I will need total control I want to pick my band members not forced to add in NPCs
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'd like to see the animal care career from TS1 back with the upcoming pets ep.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Military, veterinarian, teaching with two routes of academic (dean, professor etc) or in school, architect, actor, law, activist, classical musician (opera, orchestra member, solo musician), rock/pop star, psychiatrist, interior designer...
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    Alleykat1445Alleykat1445 Posts: 71 Member
    I agree with all the careers here, with each one it has the opportunity to create new builds and possibilities to house them all, these are the things i would like to see in my game...

Teacher/lecturer: nursery/kindergardens (for toddlers), primary/middle schools (for younger kids), high schools (for teens) and colleges for young adults, (but with the added option for adults to return to full time education to gain more skills).

Tradespersons: plumbers, carpenters, electricians, builders/construction workers, factories can also be built to help with training in their specific field.

Farmers: sims start off with a small piece of land and build a house, barn and a space for growing fruit & veg, (if we had the animals options again) then a small field for raising cows, chickens, pigs etc, this could then grow from having a small barn to a larger farmland.

With the farming option, it can also lead to sims knowing where their food comes from (and not just magicialy appearing in their fridge, i wish it did in real life! lol) where we can get them more involved with the process, such as farmers markets, food/grocery shops with the option of selling or buying eco/organic friendly foods etc. This can also lead to fishing, sims just now can fish at local fishing spots in smalls ponds, but what if we expand them into the sims taking out small boats into the middle of a lake, fish from there and bring them back to sell at the farmers markets? these small boats can extend into larger fishing boats/trawlers that can sit at a harbour.

Military: We have the option of Army, Navy & Airforce, each with their own rank and field of experience, i know very little about these careers but i'm sure there is a wider range of simmers out there that can expand on this. (In saying this i do like the idea of having a marina, that houses smaller boats, trawlers, speed boats, yachts, houseboats etc) i think this would also help expand the idea of beach life or marine options.

TV/Movies: I know we already had the Superstar ep in the S1 but i think we can delve into this a bit more, it's not easy to become a famous sim without help, most of the work (in real life) is done backstage by the crew, i think there should be more career opportunities to work in the creative industries, such as stage hands, cameraman/women, make-up artists, wardrobe, directors, prop builders/model makers.. this list goes on.. each sim would build up their trade and land their dream job working behind the scene in TV & Theatre. For the movie part i'd like to see 'on location' lots where you can build your own movie set and run it the way you like, including directing the movie. For TV, i'd like to see programmes such as soap opera's being filmed or game shows etc.. the list is endless :D

Going back to the tradespersons career, without these professions nothing would ever get done, we all need someone who can build houses, install plumbing, fix the electrics, build the physical walls and roofs over our sims heads. As someone who likes to build i can wholeheartidly agree that builders have been very much left out of the S4, granted it is easier to create rooms but without floor elevations, lifts/elevators, various types of stairs, choices in wallpapers/floors, windows that don't open and automatic roofs, (to name but a few) it makes things harder to get the build that we want, we feel very limited in our ability to create our dream house, we already had quite a few of these in previous versions of the game and we would like to see them being installed back into it.

With every career/profession that is in the game right now to the ones that we would like to see, are every players desires, the way i would love to play my own game is to start with a young sim, goes to school and gets good grades, goes to college and start building up their own career or profession, but instead of just seeing them leave the house for a few hours, i would like the chance to follow them, (granted we have this option for careers/professions just now) but i don't feel it is quite enough, i would like to be able to follow my young sim to school and play that option of them having a typical school day, or, following my sim to a construction yard and see him build the houses or places to work in. For every career/profession it shows a potential amount of possibilities that can be explored in much better detail, a teacher for e.g. can show them teaching their pupil/students, giving out homework, dealing with school bullies, watching their pupils/students learn and pass their grades. A Farmer can be seen to feed their animals, grow their own fruit/veg and take them to the farmers market. An army officer can be seen training their soldiers from boot camp onwards. For those sims wanting to work in the creative industries, give them the tools needed to train themselves into becoming part of the crew, or a hairstylist/make-up artist into doing makovers.

I feel that we have only really scratched the surface of what we can do with this game, there are soo many things that have not been taken into consideration and i only hope things get better by the time TS5 comes out :)
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Attorney. Good compliment to the detective career. Law & Order style. Detective makes an arrest. The suspect needs a lawyer. Sims work their way up from intern, assistant, to full attorney. Handle cases and trials. Different cases; murders, divorce; child custody.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Military
    Teacher
    Law
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    therapist
    rock star
    adventurer
    super hero
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would love to have part time jobs for adults
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2017
    I want a lot more variety and agree with all suggestions here, esp. trade, education, dancer, military. I would also really like to be able to choose librarian as a career, and nurse, mechanic (with cars added) and tattoo artist careers.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Law (Prosecutor and Defense Attorney path)

Military (Navy or Ranger path)

Education (Headmaster or Professor path)

Music (Rockstar or Group Idol path)

Movie (Actor or Director path)

Transportation (Airlines Crew or Cruise Ship Crew path)
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Race car driver, with a world that has race tracks and fast cars that you design and soup up for speed (maybe sale), and maybe earn some fame the more races you win. Celebrate victory parties spray champagne, sneak off and have woohoo in your winning car. Maybe have a job as an auto mechanic.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Magician career. Sims start as an apprentice, they gain new tricks as their skill levels increase. They can get hired to perform childrens birthday parties and such. Work their way up to master illusionist and perform in front of larger crowds. All kinds of tricks and illusions; card tricks, rabbit out of the hat, levitation, disappearing acts, many others.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    These are what I'd like to see in a university pack:

Law: especially if they added an Active Career element to it. Imagine starting off in college visiting the city municipal court as an intern, then you graduate and become an ambulance-chaser who talks to Sims at accidents/crime scenes throughout the various worlds. Then you branch into a Prosecutor or a Defense Attorney, where most of your day is spent back at the courtroom, this time taking interns under your wing and teaching them to become the next generation of lawyers (and of course you put bad guys in jail/get them off the hook, too).

Education: as a student, you're a student teacher who performs low-level duties in an inner city high school.
    The kids are complete brats, and talk in class, throw paper balls, make out on the tables, and just generally make your life a living he.ll. Then you graduate, and you become a substitute teacher. You can wrest a little bit of control from the kids, and since these are teen Sims drawn from your actual game, as you work your way up the ladder you can impart knowledge on them and guide them towards a future that you as the player, would want to see them in. This comes in the form of skill boosts mostly, but obviously encouraging certain behaviours would also affect Character Values, if you have Parenthood.
    Eventually you get the choice to branch out into Academics, which lets you do the same, but at the actual University campus, or you can stay at the high school and be a High School Teacher, which leads to things like chaperoning the prom (you can scold teens for spiking the punch, or getting Flirty with one another, or you can let it slide, and be the cool teacher that everyone loves).

Naturally, if these were hidden lots (like the Police Station/Hospital/Lab), then it should have the added bonus of being usable by other Sims.

High School would become an active career, Prom would be a random event that your teens can attend, and Sims could get married at the city municipal court.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    I wish firefighters could make a return. That was my favourite career in Ambitions but I couldn't play it more than once because it became consistently bugged for me. The alarm would stop ringing before my sim could even get to the truck or the fire just wouldn't be there.

In terms of careers we haven't seen already, I'm not entirely sure since we've seen a wide variety over the years since Sims 1. I think I'd like to see an actor career but I'm not sure how they'd go about setting that up as an active career.

Actors were an active career in The Sims 1.
    It was basically, go to a studio lot, click on a set, and act to raise your fame level. Basic, but the interactions were great. There was a "General Hospital"-type soap opera set, a fantasy castle where your Sims would actually swordfight each other, and I think one other.
    wJbomAo.png