Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Ideas

jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sims 4 has a pretty cool build mode but regardless of that I find there's a bit of a lack of innovation. As in, there isn't really anything new and instead some features that we had before have been taken away (-cough- multiple foundation levels -cough-). I would really love to see these things added in to build mode and then us builders can really get creative with our sims lots.

- U and L shaped stairs. I know this has been mentioned a million times and now I'm mentioning it for the million and one(th?) time. Please! Imagine the creativity in houses if we could make L or U shaped stairs! Now I know you can sort of use the foundation trick but I'd prefer to not have to do that. Maybe a new foundation block for use of stairs only that are able to be used more than once so we can get creative with our shapes. We have this too now.

- Changing ceiling tiles. No matter if we're not staring at the ceiling at all times, we could do it before so why not again?

- Ceiling decor. Like arches, beams, tray ceiling style, vaulted ceilings. Ever had a fence on the top floor because you've made an open living room only to see that there's just this odd thin space and you so wish there was ceiling deco to cover underneath that fence? Yeah same.

- Different foundation heights. Instead of one height for the entire lot. I assume we'd need to go back to the foundation placement tool, I'm cool with that alongside the foundation height slider. Rooms would come with no foundation but can be placed on top of one. We have this now but you can't really connect the rooms if they're of different foundation levels.

- More everything. More walls/floors, more plants, more roof tiles, more windows, more doors, more colours for those windows and doors, just more everything, there's not enough.

- Attics. Able to be have an attic room with a sloped ceiling.

- Octagonal Roofs. I forgot this one but how can we build octagonal rooms but have no octagonal roofs? We have this now yay

- Rounded walls. We can build round rooms that can use a round fence but not a round wall.

Maybe a builders pack would be good, since these stuff packs are meant to be replacing the store now. I wouldn't mind that.
6Y6GB8R.png
Post edited by jheyjuneice on

Comments

• Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    It would be awesome if they gave us a build themed stuff pack that didn't give us buy mode objects but just build mode. As for CAS items... a simple construction crew uniform with hardhat would go really well with the pack. In the pack it could include 10 new windows for both normal, medium, and tall walls, a new variety of single and double doors, and new stair types like L-shape and U-shape. Other items that would go great with the pack would be some new wallpapers, terrain paints, fences, and railings. Maybe three to four architectural influence themes like Mediterranean, Gothic-Renaissance, Nouveau/Baroque and Moroccan.
  • Options
    KarstenmausKarstenmaus Posts: 32 Member
    Hi Guys,

yesterday I was in the buil mode.
    There I've seen what I would like to have.

Awnings like in the sims 2:

9uom5g321x2a.jpg

You could drag them around the house on each floor.
    That would be more flexible.

More floorsas we have now. I know that you have the possibility for only 6 floors (including 2 basement floors), but if you would bring 2 more over the earth that would be so cool (WE NEED 8 or more!!!!!) ;) :

urr7gbqxwof0.jpg

Other roof shapes were awesome:

adk6bstqrf5f.jpg

Turnstiles (revolving doors), escalators and elevators.

Perhaps we get something like this in the future?

greetings
  • Options
    It would be awesome if they gave us a build themed stuff pack that didn't give us buy mode objects but just build mode. As for CAS items... a simple construction crew uniform with hardhat would go really well with the pack. In the pack it could include 10 new windows for both normal, medium, and tall walls, a new variety of single and double doors, and new stair types like L-shape and U-shape. Other items that would go great with the pack would be some new wallpapers, terrain paints, fences, and railings. Maybe three to four architectural influence themes like Mediterranean, Gothic-Renaissance, Nouveau/Baroque and Moroccan.

I would actually love this
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

yesterday I was in the buil mode.
    There I've seen what I would like to have.

Awnings like in the sims 2:

9uom5g321x2a.jpg

You could drag them around the house on each floor.
    That would be more flexible.

More floorsas we have now. I know that you have the possibility for only 6 floors (including 2 basement floors), but if you would bring 2 more over the earth that would be so cool (WE NEED 8 or more!!!!!) ;) :

urr7gbqxwof0.jpg

Other roof shapes were awesome:

adk6bstqrf5f.jpg

Turnstiles (revolving doors), escalators and elevators.

Perhaps we get something like this in the future?

greetings

Awesome ideas!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Added 'octagonal roofs' to the main post
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I agree so much with L shaped stairs and octagonal roofs! I also wish they would add some more color variations, especially bright colors. Like there's no yellow siding!
  • Options
    Another item added to the list: Rounded walls.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd really like to be able to toggle foundations on and off for different on the same lot. For example, using foundations on decks, pools, and patios without having to have foundations on the house itself. I'll add my vote for different stairs as well, as having only the one type is frustrating, especially when the space for placing the stairs is small. I wish spiral stairs would make a comeback :( The final thing I really wish for is either a ladder or something akin to it to use for a tree house :( I want to build tree houses for my Sim kids but I really hate using the currently available stairs as they don't look right and take up so much room :(
  • Options
    harveyjames7harveyjames7 Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd like to see custom stairs, conservatories (inc glass roof). I agree with the comment above re - foundations. Having different heights would be great. I'd also like to see different height walls per floor level, symmetry in builds is good, but it would be so cool to mix it up a bit more :)
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Love the various suggestions and especially the idea of having a Builders Stuff Pack, for those of us who love to build.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I would love rounded walls but I think back in S3 a guru said it was because they couldn't get a flat door/window in a rounded wall.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would love rounded walls but I think back in S3 a guru said it was because they couldn't get a flat door/window in a rounded wall.

Well that does make sense. Perhaps although it's rounded it works like an octagonal room? That would be easier to put doors and windows in to it.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Well that does make sense. Perhaps although it's rounded it works like an octagonal room? That would be easier to put doors and windows in to it.

It depends on the radius of the room and the size of the door/window. If you have a large, round room with a single door or window, it might work and look okay. But, if you have the opposite, a small, round room and double windows/doors, the center of the doors/windows will be too offset from the radius of the wall to line up and work properly.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I want everything you just named. I would also think it would be cool if we could make a house with a story and a half and dormers. It's hard to explain and I can't yet post any pictures but a lot of English cottages have a story and a half.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    I've built houses with attic bedrooms with dormers, is that what you mean?
  • Options
    angierlevelangierlevel Posts: 28 New Member
    Hey you guys. I don't know if anyone have ever mentioned this idea yet, but I would like it if the sims, when they have cars and terrain editing, that the terrain work better with attached garages that sit on foundation. In the sims 3 there was always this gap that I didn't like.
  • Options
    jewelcrazy85jewelcrazy85 Posts: 25 Member
    I would love to have windows with built in seats!!! That The Sims can sleep, sit and read on.
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    I hope thet in EP3 there will be some new options. Rumor has it that there will be apartment lots, so maybe, just maybe we will get elevators or L shaped stairs? I miss them so much...
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    HuskerBlueHuskerBlue Posts: 6 New Member
    I agree with all of your ideas!

I think that if we added ceiling colors or patterns, it'd look a lot nicer, even though we're not looking at it, if you know what I mean. Also, U and L shaped stairs would be awesome! And possibly spiral ones too? :open_mouth:

I really hope the developers look into this, because it'd make build mode a lot more entertaining!
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    @Dannydanbo
    Kind of but that's not my whole idea. Its very hard to explain, but I'll try:
    I mean that you have the wall of the ground floor and first floor and you have a roof on top of that. The ground floor is just the height of a wall. But that wall extends into the first floor. So a bit of the first floor is half a ground floor wall and then a diagonal roof. If you have dormers on this roof the bottom of the dormers meet the tip of the wall.
    I hope my explaination makes sense :).
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    I wish we're able to have different foundation heights on the same lot or at lest an option to turn off auto foundation like with auto cabinets.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    We definitely need more options for stairs and laying out stairs.

I wish we could do this and have different number of stairs.
    Zig-Zag-Home-Stairs-Shape.jpg

- Ceiling decor. Like arches, beams, tray ceiling style, vaulted ceilings.

- More everything. More walls/floors, more plants, more roof tiles, more windows, more doors, more colours for those windows and doors, just more everything, there's not enough.

YES! I want these the most and more flexibility with stairs.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    It would also be nice if they had three tiled arch ways and the ones that we have now for all ceiling heights. Curve pool tools and if they could change the color splotches like the sims 2 where you have more options, for example the bed you could pick the colors for the bed frame and bed comforters separately. I hope they make it to where you can put foundation on the roofs and stack the foundation on top of each other if they don't bring back floor elevation. I think that's what its called lol I can't remember now. It would come in handy if the wall heights can be changed to having multiple wall heights on the same level as well.
  • Options
    NickSims wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo
    Kind of but that's not my whole idea. Its very hard to explain, but I'll try:
    I mean that you have the wall of the ground floor and first floor and you have a roof on top of that. The ground floor is just the height of a wall. But that wall extends into the first floor. So a bit of the first floor is half a ground floor wall and then a diagonal roof. If you have dormers on this roof the bottom of the dormers meet the tip of the wall.
    I hope my explaination makes sense :).

If I understand what you mean, you can have a second floor with a full height wall or an attic with a roof and dormers, but you can't have a roof on a half wall (on the second floor).
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    I 100% second that Attic idea. I've been trying to make an attic in my game but it never turns out good :(