Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Ways To Make A Lot Of Money

I would like it if there were more ways to make money, a lot of money. Like lottery tickets. Why? I got the Dine Out pack and instead of just waiting to get enough money to buy an empty lot, I started building the restaurant. So with that household I need to get 29,000+ Simoleons. And I want that household to own the three first restaurants I'll be playing with, and that one to be the first. (I don't want to cheat.) I assume we earn a lot of money from restaurants but I haven't tested anything yet. And you probably want more money anyways for other things without using cheats. :)

Comments

• Options
    SnowstormTheCatSnowstormTheCat Posts: 40 New Member
    Comments anyone?
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    It's way too easy to make money in this game, they need to make it more difficult.
  • Options
    It's way too easy to make money in this game, they need to make it more difficult.

Maybe for you, but not for me.
  • Options

Actually, have any tips for getting like 29,000 Simoleons when you have only like 100 or 200 Simoleons?
  • Options
    I agree that it can seem difficult to build up to that much when you have so little to start with. I was talking more along the lines of when you go through a week or two in any career and have bought everything your sim needs, the game doesn't really give you much to spend your money on that's super expensive. Therefore it's too easy to make a lot of money. As this is a question/suggestion post, it's in the wrong section and I was confused.

The best way I've found to earn a lot of money really quickly is giving my sim a loan. Yes, this is technically cheating, but I figure it's not so bad since I make them pay it back. I give them money through any of the money cheats and then every time they get paid, I use the cheat again to take away a certain amount until the loan has been paid off.
  • Options
    I agree that it can seem difficult to build up to that much when you have so little to start with. I was talking more along the lines of when you go through a week or two in any career and have bought everything your sim needs, the game doesn't really give you much to spend your money on that's super expensive. Therefore it's too easy to make a lot of money. As this is a question/suggestion post, it's in the wrong section and I was confused.

The best way I've found to earn a lot of money really quickly is giving my sim a loan. Yes, this is technically cheating, but I figure it's not so bad since I make them pay it back. I give them money through any of the money cheats and then every time they get paid, I use the cheat again to take away a certain amount until the loan has been paid off.

Ah, I think I'll just keep it legit, no cheats, even if I "pay" them back, thank you though.
  • Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member

Ah, I think I'll just keep it legit, no cheats, even if I "pay" them back, thank you though.

painting and writing novels are quite a good way to make money.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    harun789 wrote: »

Ok, and if I'm REALLY desperate, I'll do a cheat, and "pay" them back. I read something saying that some paintings are worth thousands of dollars/Simoleons.
  • Options

Ok, and if I'm REALLY desperate, I'll do a cheat, and "pay" them back. I read something saying that some paintings are worth thousands of dollars/Simoleons.

you can actually make 9000 out of a painting if you have max skills and marketable reward trait.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options

you can actually make 9000 out of a painting if you have max skills and marketable reward trait.

I've never heard of that trait, is it in Get To Work or something? I have The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out and Get Together. How much do you make if your skill is just maxed out?

• Options

I've never heard of that trait, is it in Get To Work or something? I have The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out and Get Together. How much do you make if your skill is just maxed out?

its in the base game .costs 1500 points.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Go for the Fabulously wealthy aspiration, it's hard at first but, once you finish it, you get the shrewd trait and that's free money.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    @SnowstormTheCat I like the idea of the lottery. It seems like it would be something fairly easy for the developers to implement. What I'm thinking is a Sim can use the computer to "Purchase Lottery Ticket" for $5, and that creates say a 1 in 10,000 chance that they'll get $1,000,000 the next day.

@SuicidalSpiders I like your loans idea. Perhaps that could be implemented as well? That way you wouldn't have to use cheats. What I'm thinking is that a Sim could use the computer to request a loan using a separate UI (like when a Sim is ordering something) to choose a loan. Then Sims would be responsible for "Loan Payments" in addition to the "Bills" which are already in the game. Then NPCs could show up to repossess our Sims' property when they don't pay back their loans!
  • Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    I know with a high charisma skill you can get small and large loans from other sims, not sure how much they give you though.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    tselph wrote: »
    @SnowstormTheCat I like the idea of the lottery. It seems like it would be something fairly easy for the developers to implement. What I'm thinking is a Sim can use the computer to "Purchase Lottery Ticket" for $5, and that creates say a 1 in 10,000 chance that they'll get $1,000,000 the next day.

@SuicidalSpiders I like your loans idea. Perhaps that could be implemented as well? That way you wouldn't have to use cheats. What I'm thinking is that a Sim could use the computer to request a loan using a separate UI (like when a Sim is ordering something) to choose a loan. Then Sims would be responsible for "Loan Payments" in addition to the "Bills" which are already in the game. Then NPCs could show up to repossess our Sims' property when they don't pay back their loans!

I really like the idea of having a lottery system too, that'd be fun, especially for story telling. Also, I wish they'd put a loan system in too. This would be nice for people who don't like to cheat, and if they have to pay interest on the loan, that'll help keep our sims from making too much money too quickly....which is a problem after a certain point with nothing to spend said money on.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I disagree. I think there should be more options of losing a lot of money.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I disagree. I think there should be more options of losing a lot of money.

Well, if you actually wanted to lose money than you could use a cheat which removes money.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    You could use a cheat to gain money. ;)

I don't cheat, it makes the game pointless.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    You could use a cheat to gain money. ;)

I don't cheat, it makes the game pointless.

I don't want to cheat with this specific "account". But there is a cheat that isn't really cheat, "bb.moveobjects on".
  • Options
    tselph wrote: »

Something like that, there would also be lower ones like 30,000$ for less like 3$ and a 1 in 3,000 chance since it's lower.
  • Options
    I would like it if there were more ways to make money, a lot of money. Like lottery tickets. Why? I got the Dine Out pack and instead of just waiting to get enough money to buy an empty lot, I started building the restaurant. So with that household I need to get 29,000+ Simoleons. And I want that household to own the three first restaurants I'll be playing with, and that one to be the first. (I don't want to cheat.) I assume we earn a lot of money from restaurants but I haven't tested anything yet. And you probably want more money anyways for other things without using cheats. :)

Well, I don't think owners of restaurants even earn any money... And in Get Together, Candy Behr and Eliza Pancakes, asked each of my Sims to go to that restaurant, and I haven't bought it yet, and there was employees, and other customers. Can anyone explain why that's happening?
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I think the woodworking table gets over looked a lot.
    Generally, when I'm starting a new legacy or something like that, my founder sim never has a job - collecting, gardening (dragonfruit specifically), painting and woodworking (bathtubs bring in a lot and don't take too much time) are my job. It pays super well once your skill level is decent and keeps them busy. Plus, the can invite over a friend and chat while they paint or make bathtubs.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    There's the wishing well in Romantic Garden that sort of does this. You can ask for money and there's a chance you'll gain a lot. Not sure what are the other potential outcomes though.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Grow Alien plants, those harvestables sell for a lot and, you don't have to water those plants.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The problem isn't making money it's what to do with it once all is said and done.When my Sims finally meet the grim reaper they have a fully furnished home with around $500,000 or more.