Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    @pammiechick Do the sims have to have skills? Or just create and share? I'm not good with backstory and not sure how to post pictures but I'm willing to give it a try.

They don't have to have skills or backstories. I can make it up. Create, upload to gallery and make sure you put #dayandknight like you did your simself.

Make sure to fill out the submission form on the other thread. You don't have to put a pic.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    @pammiechick Do the sims have to have skills? Or just create and share? I'm not good with backstory and not sure how to post pictures but I'm willing to give it a try.

They don't have to have skills or backstories. I can make it up. Create, upload to gallery and make sure you put #dayandknight like you did your simself.

Make sure to fill out the submission form on the other thread. You don't have to put a pic.

Thanks! Will get started tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    So, I checked Andrew's Studio and he's updated the Teleporter Mod.
  • Options

Kisses! Thanks for letting me know!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @orangeplumbob Wooo!! *high five* *clicks Awesome like 100 times*
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

We are saved! Back to screenshoting all those arrests, fights, kisses and steamy moments!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

We are saved! Back to screenshoting all those arrests, fights, kisses and steamy moments!

I giggled so hard. "Arrests" HAHAHAHAHA And I'm just glad the thing is working, cause I think I'd have just died along with Pammie.
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ok - I hate to sound like a complete newb...but yeah, there it is.

Where do I find the CC for the Alex Day books and the Jackson Day posters etc? I know while I was tearing through this thread binge reading I saw links, but are they compiled anywhere or do I have to ... search? Please let me know (or direct me to the page number!!) Thanks all!!

Nevermind, found that using quotes made the search work great!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Here's another Jackson Day poster I made if anyone wants it. It was that large one on Luci's wall (but I increased the size. It's just a normal poster.)

JACKSON

And here is the background poster that's pictured here (I enlarged it. Just a regular poster size):

Screenshot_1640.jpg

Llama Kings background
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Where is my "next" button? Where the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 did it go?
    So, yeah. Finished the boring-but-I-killed-it writing I had to do hours ago. In my timezone right now, it is currently 1:30AM. Hubs is out of town, so at least I don't have him nagging my as* to go to sleep.

I was team Luci. :( I guess I can say that I'm happy she's happy. Sorry, but I'm just not a fan of Winter. Not that I hate her, but...yeah.

I want to give a better comment here, honestly. But, I have a rule with myself: no writing after 10PM. (seriously--it's like an 8 year old wrote it at that point. The dog ran. The dog ran far. It ran so far that it got tired. Yeah. That bad.) (Oh, that whole 10PM thing suddenly makes me think of Gremlins--'cept that was midnight) (If I don't check myself, I can have WAY too many asides...kinda like now when I've forgotten what I was talking about) *reads* Oh yeah! It's late. At least my brain functions enough to read.

I'll give more decent commenting later. 'night!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Where is my "next" button? Where the plum did it go?
    So, yeah. Finished the boring-but-I-killed-it writing I had to do hours ago. In my timezone right now, it is currently 1:30AM. Hubs is out of town, so at least I don't have him nagging my as* to go to sleep.

I was team Luci. :( I guess I can say that I'm happy she's happy. Sorry, but I'm just not a fan of Winter. Not that I hate her, but...yeah.

I want to give a better comment here, honestly. But, I have a rule with myself: no writing after 10PM. (seriously--it's like an 8 year old wrote it at that point. The dog ran. The dog ran far. It ran so far that it got tired. Yeah. That bad.) (Oh, that whole 10PM thing suddenly makes me think of Gremlins--'cept that was midnight) (If I don't check myself, I can have WAY too many asides...kinda like now when I've forgotten what I was talking about) *reads* Oh yeah! It's late. At least my brain functions enough to read.

I'll give more decent commenting later. 'night!

LOL! That was a great comment...and I understand where you're coming from. I can't write past 5 PM.

I understand your feelings about Winter...she is who she is...and I appreciate any and all emotions when it comes to my characters. Ha! ;) So definitely don't hold back. :)

I applaud you for getting it done so quickly! Wow!!! <3 Now, I'm off to bed!!! (I've spent the rest of the night NOT shooting the wedding but replacing Jackson in my game. I only had him as a teen in the gallery--no tats, no scars, NOTHING! UGH! He was culled because too many people got preggers in the house. (Not telling who, though.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

I giggled so hard. "Arrests" HAHAHAHAHA And I'm just glad the thing is working, cause I think I'd have just died along with Pammie.

You save everyone's bacon with that announcement. We all couldn't function. Our stories CANNOT work on EA emotional poses alone. Ugh!

And yay for what @Maladi777 is cooking up...yessss... (and you...need more updates!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I was looking for Andrew's post about the announcement, couldn't find it, so I thought maybe to check the pose player forum, and I just happened to see the update. I was actually surprised no one else saw it to be honest. He did it all stealth like, I think.
  • Options
    nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
    *sees that there are 46 notifications today*
    OH YAY THERE MUST HAVE BEEN AN UPDATE!
    *Clicks and searches for update, only finds comments and replies*
    ....Not even mad :D

And did you see the casting call? I remember you missed it last time.

I did! Thank you for letting me know, I would've missed it otherwise lol
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Mkay. I'm going to bug y'all with this for a sec. This reminded me of something. I am one hell of a pose maker for Sims 3 (modest too). I used to take requests all the time. People have asked me to start making poses for sims 4, but I wasn't a fan of having interactions replaced. (the last time I bothered to check) Now, I see that's no longer an issue. However, MOO doesn't work in Sims 4 for sims themselves (really, really lame on EA's part).

How user-friendly is that suit of armor thing? I am VERY PARTICULAR about placement being just right.

Edit: Oh, and no big surprise, I mostly dreamed about this story last night. Alex and I mowed the lawn. There were other, hazy-to-my-memory-now things, but for some reason, mowing the lawn is what I remember. I don't even know how to mow a lawn!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @mypalsim1 Oh, the Teleporter is next best thing after Meatball and toddlers if you ask me. The fact, that we can't practically live without it speaks for itself. You just buy this armor in build mode and put it anywhere you want, then click it and instantly teleport any sim there. Magic! If you start making poses, get ready, because you'll probably never ger rid of me. Ever! I'll be scrounging and scrounging for poses for my story.

You and Alex moved a lawn? Does Alex know how to move a lawn? And you did other things together that are hazy now, aha... That must have been some intense lawn mowing that you can't remember the rest of the activities. If Meatball was there he would tell you one or two things about lawn mowing too... which reminds me I need to speak with @eXokamikaze because I just remembered she had a story about Meatball and lawn mowing I haven't added to my archive yet!

Sorry to @pammiechick if I'm too offtopic.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick I really don't intend to hijack your thread. I was just reminded of it, and since it was recently discussed, I thought I'd ask.

@Maladi777 I'll pick this up in my thread.

*goes back to corner now*
  • Options
    @mypalsim1 I've been gone all day and just saw this.

I will love you forever if you start taking requests as a posemaker for sims 4!!! :love:

Teleporter is like MOO. You can teleport any sim on the lot to go wherever the armor is and we use several sims in one spot for couple and group poses. You can summon any sim from anywhere in the world with the summoning tab on it. This is so helpful with parties of more than 12-15. I summon all I want with it. And Andrews pose player makes it easy to scroll through the poses to get what you want. Unfortunately, I wish the poses would alphabetize themselves but I can't complain since I'm not a modder. I'm grateful that we can use this instead of the replacement of actions.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

I will love you forever if you start taking requests as a posemaker for sims 4!!! :love:
    She's mine!!! I saw her first!!!

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    @Maladi777 I forgot to answer: Yes, we mowed the lawn. It was hot. I mean hot outside! Yeah. That's what I mean. I kept thinking he's not getting the same thing out of this that I am. LOL

@pammiechick Is it hard to snap sims together as needed for a kiss pose?
    And I love making poses for storytellers. imho, there aren't enough out there to provide enough variety. I still think that about sims 3 poses. It was me getting super picky about what my screenies looked like that forced me to buckle down and learn how to do it. Thus far with sims 4, I've been using in-game and telling myself that I'm just playing the game; I'm not going to go all out and redesign how it'll look. Yeah. Sick of that. :)

So, is it too late to submit for the next generation? I was thinking who I might like to hand over, and I couldn't think of anyone that you couldn't get elsewhere except Graham, but he looks best as an adult. Then, I remembered I have someone that's currently a toddler that would be neat to do. It's fine if it's too late. I'm patient.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @mypalsim1 Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make poses for all of us! :D Or at least teach me how to do it. I'm more than willing to learn! :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @mypalsim1 Go ahead and submit. It's open until March 31.

You put several teleporters in the same place. Click on the sim and in pose player, you choose the kiss pose (or whatever). Click the other sim, choose that same pose (but their position in the pose--you will understand once you do it.) Press play and they will go to their respective positions in the pose. They start out on the same spot which makes it easy for posers to put them into a starting position. Definitely start using them. You'll love it. I hardly use regular interactions anymore because I'm sick of EA's same stuff.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

She's mine!!! I saw her first!!!

Well...I'll just steal your poses...you might as well let me have my way.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think I know what I'm doing this evening. I hope the learning curve is small going from 3 to 4. I'm betting all it is is a new rig in Blender and figuring out how to get the .pngs in the pose player program.

Look out, Sims 4 community!

But seriously, don't expect miracles just yet. Later, maybe... :P

edit: And I'm glad they snap. I'm going to START with couple poses, just like I did last time. The kiss in my banner was only the 4th set of poses I made. Day 2. Nothing like starting easy!
  • Options
    Okay. I uploaded with the hashtag dayandknight That's correct, right?