Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something weird happened to the time traveler. Has this happened to anyone else?

I was getting ready to send my family into the future, but decided to hold off for a bit, when I saw the time traveler come through the time portal looking like...well you can see in the picture, he is the guy with the blue hair.

13680236_638781582938807_7737045307155343305_o.jpg

I'm not sure what happened, also when he showed up for the first time, you know how he normally will ask your sim to help in collecting these little things on the ground around the lot....well he never asked that either. This is the very first time this has ever happened in any of my game saves. At the moment I'm a little afraid to even send my family into the future, who knows what awaits them there.

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Emit!! Whatever happened to you :D You may be the very first simmer who could look Emit into his eyes ;)
    (sorry, I have no clue what happened; it's like he travelled to the fifties and forgot to change haha)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    My only guess is that he'd been to a salon lot and got a makeover before coming through the time continuum. I've seen npc sims get made over at the salon before when I was completing a mission
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It is winter in that picture (Or cold temperature). It may be his outerwear.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It is winter in that picture (Or cold temperature). It may be his outerwear.
    Bit cold on the arms :D As far as I know Emit doesn't care about the weather. I bet his futuristic uniform is air conditioned :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    That's really weird, it doesn't look like Emit at all. Not just the clothes, but his face shape looks different to me and he's very muscular. Have no idea what caused that.
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @LaBlue0314 never had that happen to me. wonder if it has something to do with it being dystopia instead of being regular future? ideas anybody?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    In one of my saves my sim is trying to complete the time travel challenge where you have to complete different challenges to change the future & cycle through all futures to become the Time Traveler or something. (Been a while since I played that save & I don't remember the description properly) Basically every time my portal activates for the Time Traveler (the time traveler & having the portal on annoys me, so I tend to send him on his way as soon as I can) to come through to give new directions, it is a new one. I think she knows about 6 different time travelers up to this point. & I've only done the normal & dystopia versions up till now. When she succeeded in changing the future, I visit the different futures with her just to see what it is like. On the second visit which was to the dystopia future I saw three of those time travelers in the town. Two of them were on my home base. Only one of them was in the traditional time traveler uniform. I also noticed they did have different genetics but that blue hair is a constant. I don't think it really means anything game breaking (but I tend to roll with the glitches) except maybe for the challenge I'm doing where your supposed to be friends with the time traveler. I made my Sim socially inept so having her build up relationships can be challenging & I hope I don't have to befriend all the time travelers in the end.

If you are unsure if something is about to break your game just do a save as, so if it does crash you can go back to where things were going alright. I also do save as before traveling to the future & normal vacations, I don't know if it still happens but I had some really bad game breaking bugs back when Sims 3 was younger when travelling. My experience with S3 has taught me to keep backups (with NAARS Porter) of Sims in the library & to save as when I feel it is needed to.