Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want a fairy tell ep with princes and princess dragons and castles and poison apples

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
frogs that will turn into handsome princes or lovely princess riddle quest it could work just like when you go into the rocket
ballroom dances you could win an award for the best one the sword in the stone aspiration you can become king or queen of the sims
it would be an empty title but still cool
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims Medieval?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    no not at all
  • Options
    more magic
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Medieval magic????
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2016
    just because fairytales normally takes place in a medieval world doesn't mean they can't be retold in the modern world- Hillary Duff's A Cinderella story? I have a Storybook EP thread around which allows for cross-bending the story (ie Cinderfellow, a Handsome and the Beastess, Frog Princess, a female Aladdin, etc) and in the modern time instead of it being a coach that the pumpkin changes to it a car instead.

glass or golden slippers .

a pumpkin stage coach (for a FT like land)/car (modern day version)

magic mirror-can be different types the traddiontal one which is actually *on* the wall. Or it could be a handheld mirror (kind of like the Beast's mirror)

Fake death aka, sleep by either apple or spinning wheel (or it could go further and the 'potion' could be put on choclate and oranges too..your free to ask how the later two came to be included)

crown for all ages and genders.

proper trait (I don't know does for males, if they have a proper trait bow to females?)

long skirts for woman (when they aren't in ballgowns) and I mean ones that hide the ankles. Not being sexist it just up until like the 50s or so..showing even a little bit of ankle was scandalous.

How about for special gown option ((coming from either 1)a NPC fairy godmother or 2) whoever "You" choose to be the godmother)) that turns bag into dirty work clothes at midnight-but they would need to fix the clock in the sims so there would be enough time for Cindy to get to the ball and dance with the prince (it could either be an NPC -or someone you choose-I rather it not be a NPC-since as soon as your female sim marries him he wouldn't be a prince unless they can change it that you move into his place instead

and/or maybe an option so you could choose a) move Prince into your sim's place, b) move into the Prince's castle, or C)random.

royal family bloodline, a bit like the vampire bloodline, but of course restricted to one or 2 families and not as much spawning, but then sims could have a LTW to marry prince charming; marry a member of the royal family.

the fairy god mother thing should be like a profession, and magic is the new skill that it goes with..

a glass coffin/altar bed

two different kind of spinning wheels-one that is the sleep one mentioned above, and the other one can make straw into simloeans

two different types of Red Riding Hood cloaks (the difference is if your sim is a werewolf or not) if s/he is a werewolf the 2nd cloak can 'keep the wolf away'.

A sim life time wish to marry a prince or princess.

Maybe as an 'evil' profession, a sim can choose to become a "Rumpelstiltskin/Sea Witch" kind of person. If you don't quite understand what I mean it means people who are desperate for anything would go and make deals[​IMG] with the Rumpelstiltskin/Ursala kind of witch.

Mermaids vs. Sea witch. A sea witch could offer a mermaid different kind of potions for them to be able to spend time on land, if they have no other option too and for different lengths of period but the mermaid would have to give something up (like her voice-note, that's important in all TLM adoptions not just Disney's) but need to get something in return for the sea witch..

Also *maybe* if they could get the right from Disney to have Disney related stuff they could have like..a warobe that could take you from the 'modern-day world' to the FTL or there could be a a 'dark curse' for the FTL to take them to the Sims' world. Or a magic hat or magic bean which could take you to Oz, Never, Never land.

And also you don't have to stick with original story..Like for instance you could have a male Cinderella, or a Male Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. You could have like a female Aladdin.. Or you can have "Handsome and the Beast"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    yes thats what im talking about
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want dark fairy tales.

I want a land where apples aren't safe to eat.
    Where a sleeping beauty likes to get up at night, and snack on other sims plasma.
    A witch who lives in a gingerbread house.
    A maid who is waiting to be invited to a ball.
    A strange furry man dressed as a little girls grandmother
    A lot of what @MadameLee suggested (she's got some good ideas!)

I think it would be a good way to bring in supernaturals, without it being too much like the TS3 supernatural EP.

MadameLee wrote: »
    long skirts for woman (when they aren't in ballgowns) and I mean ones that hide the ankles. Not being sexist it just up until like the 50s or so..showing even a little bit of ankle was scandalous.
    I think you mean until the 1920's.
    But even that isn't true.
    There were ankle length skirts in both the 1500's and the 1700's
    frenchfashion1.jpg
    Women_Knaves_detail.JPG

But I get what you mean. I want some longer skirts too, and tops with sleeves.

Some skirts like this would be nice
    93de94292d2c60ffc00e32aae19fb024.jpg

Skirts or frocks like this
    searsdresses333.jpg

Or like this. The 70's had a bit of a return to longr skirts
    il_fullxfull.311801394.jpg

They also had some cute tops
    [img]http://www.fashion-era.com/images/2011-trends-images/blouses/🐸🐸🐸🐸-peasant-blouse-tops.jpg[/img]

As did the 50's. How's this for a more modern fairy tale?
    x354-q80.jpg

There's also been a lot of fashion editorials done with a fairytale theme
    NewsEugenioRecuencoFairytales.jpg

I've met the designer of these. He's an aussie!
    fairytale-dress-paolo-sebastian-fw-2015-couture1.jpg
    Paolo-Sebastian-SS16-Lookbook_Digital_sm5.jpg
    Paolo-Sebastian-2016-Autumn-Winter-Couture-Collection-2.jpg
    Paolo-Sebastian-2016-Autumn-Winter-Couture-Collection-Runway-22-400x600.jpg
    8.jpg
    paolo-sebastian-2016-bridal-collection-wedding-gowns-thefashionbrides22.jpg?w=700
    Paolo-Sebastian-SS-2015-16-Collection-7-640x400.jpg
    Paolo-Sebastian-2016-Autumn-Winter-Couture-Collection-4.jpg
    psaw1506.jpg
    MG_0324.jpg
    MG_0364.jpg
    1717.jpg

I got carried away.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    I'm happy you two get it I also thought castle stuff would make for great build options
  • Options
    I hope ea sees this and likes the ideas
  • Options
    true loves kiss could be in there as well it could break spells or save from poison
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    just because fairytales normally takes place in a medieval world doesn't mean they can't be retold in the modern world- Hillary Duff's A Cinderella story? I have a Storybook EP thread around which allows for cross-bending the story (ie Cinderfellow, a Handsome and the Beastess, Frog Princess, a female Aladdin, etc) and in the modern time instead of it being a coach that the pumpkin changes to it a car instead.

magic mirror-can be different types the traddiontal one which is actually *on* the wall. Or it could be a handheld mirror (kind of like the Beast's mirror)

Fake death aka, sleep by either apple or spinning wheel (or it could go further and the 'potion' could be put on choclate and oranges too..your free to ask how the later two came to be included)

proper trait (I don't know does for males, if they have a proper trait bow to females?)

How about for special gown option ((coming from either 1)a NPC fairy godmother or 2) whoever "You" choose to be the godmother)) that turns bag into dirty work clothes at midnight-but they would need to fix the clock in the sims so there would be enough time for Cindy to get to the ball and dance with the prince (it could either be an NPC -or someone you choose-I rather it not be a NPC-since as soon as your female sim marries him he wouldn't be a prince unless they can change it that you move into his place instead

and/or maybe an option so you could choose a) move Prince into your sim's place, b) move into the Prince's castle, or C)random.

royal family bloodline, a bit like the vampire bloodline, but of course restricted to one or 2 families and not as much spawning, but then sims could have a LTW to marry prince charming; marry a member of the royal family.

the fairy god mother thing should be like a profession, and magic is the new skill that it goes with..

a glass coffin/altar bed

two different kind of spinning wheels-one that is the sleep one mentioned above, and the other one can make straw into simloeans

two different types of Red Riding Hood cloaks (the difference is if your sim is a werewolf or not) if s/he is a werewolf the 2nd cloak can 'keep the wolf away'.

Maybe as an 'evil' profession, a sim can choose to become a "Rumpelstiltskin/Sea Witch" kind of person. If you don't quite understand what I mean it means people who are desperate for anything would go and make deals[​IMG] with the Rumpelstiltskin/Ursala kind of witch.

Mermaids vs. Sea witch. A sea witch could offer a mermaid different kind of potions for them to be able to spend time on land, if they have no other option too and for different lengths of period but the mermaid would have to give something up (like her voice-note, that's important in all TLM adoptions not just Disney's) but need to get something in return for the sea witch..

Also *maybe* if they could get the right from Disney to have Disney related stuff they could have like..a warobe that could take you from the 'modern-day world' to the FTL or there could be a a 'dark curse' for the FTL to take them to the Sims' world. Or a magic hat or magic bean which could take you to Oz, Never, Never land.

And also you don't have to stick with original story..Like for instance you could have a male Cinderella, or a Male Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. You could have like a female Aladdin.. Or you can have "Handsome and the Beast"

That's really sexist.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I thinks both your ideas are great movotti and lee sorry I can only give you 1 awsome
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I would buy it. I love fairy tales and fantasy. I think a medieval stuff pack will probably be all that we actually get though.
  • Options
    I could go for a Prince Charming costume, the fancy blue jacket with the red sash. And a nice up do with a tiara and a selection of crowns (male and female). There is a pretty, sparkly dress that came with one of the packs.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

a glass coffin/altar bed

That's really sexist.

200.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    I want dark fairy tales.

I want a land where apples aren't safe to eat.
    Where a sleeping beauty likes to get up at night, and snack on other sims plasma.
    A witch who lives in a gingerbread house.
    A maid who is waiting to be invited to a ball.
    A strange furry man dressed as a little girls grandmother
    A lot of what @MadameLee suggested (she's got some good ideas!)

I think it would be a good way to bring in supernaturals, without it being too much like the TS3 supernatural EP.

I think you mean until the 1920's.
    But even that isn't true.
    There were ankle length skirts in both the 1500's and the 1700's
    frenchfashion1.jpg
    Women_Knaves_detail.JPG

But I get what you mean. I want some longer skirts too, and tops with sleeves.

[/spoiler]

I also kind of want more sleeves with dresses since I can't stand the dresses without sleeves we have they are too 1920s/1950s. I would love to have "Puffed" sleeves (look at Disney's Cinderella)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    I can't wait for supernatural, Sorcerers instead of Witches, Werewolves, Magic Hunters.

And you don't necessarily have To be a good Sorcerer to wield light magic and an evil sorcerer to wield dark magic.

I Love modern fairy tales. My Sorcerer is going to drive a kawasaki motorcycle, He's afraid of heights so flying on a broomstick is not the "Preferred way to travel" get yo' life.
    Personal spellbooks, that is tethered to your Sim's magic. If another sim of any life state stole your book, they have access to your magic.
    I want a cauldron so bad.
    Wands and Staves are optional. Hand magic is default, Wands are suppose to be used to help achieve spells that can't be casted with raw power. Wands do conserve your Sim's energy.
    Your sims Magic will be drawn and Depend one 4 Factions
    -Experience - with the Spell itself, and practice.
    -Needs - Mainly Energy, since magic is a form of Energy.
    -Skill Level
    -Emotions

I also want a challenge when it comes to magic.

I want to be able to make my own sleeping curse, gather the ingredients. once I've done that, I can use my Mischief skill to sneak potions/curses into the dish, drink or fruit/vegetable and use my cooking skill to disguise the taste.
    I want no indicators that a fruit has been poisoned. the only indication you should get is if you put a Poisoned apple in the fridge or inventory it won't stack on top of the regular apples.
    and Skilled werewolves can maybe sense if a dish has been poisoned.

I want to create my own Magic Mirror. By using my enchanting skills I can imbue any mirror of my choice, with my power. Once it's maxed. All I have to do is cast an Isolation curse upon a Sim of Choice, and They'll be forever trapped in my mirror. That way the reflected Face in the magic mirror will look like a ghostly face of the sim I trapped. And everybody's mirror will be unique.

That's another thing Permanent spells.
    Maybe if you're a beginner at magic, magic can wear off.
    but Some spells ought to be permeant.
    "Toadification" - This time needs to be real, I want a sim to turn into an actual frog. not a Sim in a frog costume.
    Sleeping curse - is permeant until sure Loves Kiss can wake them. and true love doesn't only mean romance, it could be a close family, best friend, or lover. and they need to make it it look like death. If you're really evil, make sure everyone your victim knows is dead!

"Magic comes with a Price, Dearie." -Rumplestiltskin

No more potions to swap life states.
    All transformations are done by Spell now, that can be casted by a Sorcerer or Elvish Sim.
    Vampire Curse is the only way to become a vampire in game.

Other Alternatives:

Only Alpha Werewolves Have the power to turn Humans into werewolves, if they Will it and no permission needed. the best they can do is offer, the bite, but it's not guaranteed a success.
    If the Alpha wills the bite, your sim will turn successfully.
    if the Alpha doesn't will the bite, or You beg the Alpha for the bite. Now you're gambling, In this instance, it's a 50/50 shot, your sim could turn if you're lucky, or Your sim will die, because their body couldn't handle the supernatural changes. Like I said magic comes with a price.
    Turning will take 3 days at the max. there is a rare chance nothing will happen at all.
    Poetically, The Alpha's made you what you are, the Alpha's bite can also end you. As an Alpha they can decide to disown you, and all it takes is one bite.

Sorcery and Elvish
    If your sim is human, it's possible to awaken magic with in them. Seek a sorcerer or elvish sim and become their apprentice.
    they might be able to awaken magic within... unless there is no magic with in.

Alternatively, Magic is a Gift, and like all gifts, they can be stolen.
    Like I said you must steal a Sorcerer's spell book, which is easier said than done.
    Sorcerers tend to keep their book under lock and keys with protection barriers, and sealed by blood magic.
    but doing so You can also absorb their magic from the book. and use their power as your own. Sorcerers have no fear, there will be a way to repossess your powers. For sorcerer's for any reason they lose their magic, they can absorb magic from their Spell Book too. as well as imbue their spell book also. the Spell book is like a Back up drive, capturing you're sims abilities.

Vampires have a Unique talent now when Biting another Supernatural.
    Instead of sapping their blood, they can sap their abilities, If a Vampire bit a Sorcerer, all of the Sorcerer's experience, and Magical talents will transferred to the vampire. rendering the sorcerer powerless, and the vampire able to use the Sorcerer's powers against them.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    wishing on a star
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Gnaa I love it too much I now really wants a fairy-tale pack! which guru does expansion packs?
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    These ideas are awesome! Love it :)

I'd also like some cute games for children to play to come with this pack:
    -Play wizard/witch
    The child will put on a wizard hat, take out a wand and play pretend, casting "spells" on his/her toys. If the sim has a frog, he/she can play the game with the frog. The frog will sit on a pile of books next to the child, like an apprentice.
    -Play princess/prince
    The child will ride on imaginary horses, fight monsters in the air and their toys etc. If the child is a girl, she will lay down on the ground/bed/loveseat and "wait to be kissed." If a girl and boy who are not related plays together, there is a chance that the boy might kiss the girl if she plays sleeping beauty. This will result in an "ewwww" embarassed buff, but the sims will start out with a little bit of romantic progress when they age up to teens.

Also, it would be great if there is an actual death-inducing spell/potion. Poison apples or eating a death flower should cause a sim to die.
    The poison apple could give your sim a "fake death" (sleeping until true love's kiss) as mentioned above, but eating a death flower should kill a sim instantly. A death flower can be used to give back life with the Grim, so it might as well also be able to take life >:)

And yes to the long dresses with sleeves! I often remake medieval-type stories in my game, but the dress choice for it is horrible.
  • Options
    @Louise_G0325 I think the playing Snow White/Sleeping Beauty (which I did a lot of as a child) should apply to both genders-and not just limited to one (ie the girl) since what if the girl didn't want to play the heroine part?.

and i mention "Sleeping Death" (as its called in Snow White) or "Sleeping Curse" in Once Upon a Time is mention and can be applied to everything from Apples to Candy to Spinning wheels
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I still really want this do you guys think it might happen?
  • Options
    The sims is a contemporary game, it does not lend itself to different worlds being different time periods because all the worlds are connected now. This idea would make for a great stand alone game like Pets Life or Castaway was, but not part of this version. Do you want Bob Pancakes to knock on your castle door or see Eliza jogging by? Wouldn't that break all this important immersion that people can't seem to do with out?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The sims is a contemporary game, it does not lend itself to different worlds being different time periods because all the worlds are connected now. This idea would make for a great stand alone game like Pets Life or Castaway was, but not part of this version. Do you want Bob Pancakes to knock on your castle door or see Eliza jogging by? Wouldn't that break all this important immersion that people can't seem to do with out?

you can have fairy tales in a modern time you know
    disneys enchanted happens in our time
    so does petes dragon
    jeremy thatcher dragon hatcher is a book I like
    also once upon a time is a show with all the stories in modern time
    grim is another
    these are off the top of my head but there are a lot more out there
    books
    comics
    movies
    all just waiting for people to watch them or read them
    my point is modern fairy tales would be great for the sims 4 @Dannydanbo
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    just imagine a fairy godmother comes to your sims door and offers to send them to a ball
    and if you say yes she changes your sim in to beautiful clothing and then they go dance with a prince or princess
    maybe they'll even fall in love with your sim

or your sim is hungry and he comes across an old lady selling apples and he eats one
    and falls into a deep sleep but don't worry other sims can wake him with a kiss

or your sim finds a cave and he goes inside he sees an egg it's lovely and seeing that all the other eggs had hatched
    and only shells remain he knows it must be abandoned poor bird he thinks and takes the egg home hoping to save it
    three days later he looks on in wonder as the egg hatches it's not a bird at all it's a baby dragon.

@rosemow
    @luthienrising what do you guys think
    Post edited by comicsforlife on