Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT on earth is my Sim wearing?!

My child just came home from school wearing an entirely random outfit that I've never seen before.

292a9f7.png

It's not part of any of her other outfits
lfos6.png

How did this happen?? Has this happened to anyone else?
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Lol.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful. Do you have freewill on?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Lol.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful. Do you have freewill on?

Considering I don't know what that is, probably not.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Awww
    The little cat sweater
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2016
    LOL Maybe she traded clothing with a friend. Did you get her off the gallery with the family? If I take families off the gallery even if they say no cc, sometimes I end up with them wearing things I never even knew existed. I guess I have cc that I never knew I had, like they come attached to something else, and I did not know it.
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    LOL Maybe she traded clothing with a friend. Did you get her off the gallery with the family? If I take families off the gallery even if they say no cc, sometimes I end up with them wearing things I never eve knew existed. I guess I have cc that I never knew I had.

No I created her from scratch. I don't understand where this came from. I don't have any cc or mods so it's not that either.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Looks cool
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Looks cool

I mean it's not a bad outfit, it's just not my outfit :lol:
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Yeah, that happened with my simself's born in-game son. He came back with a pumpkin head! I didn't even know that was in game...

I just changed his clothes back to everyday and I haven't seen it since.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    this happens to me a lot when sims go to work and when they go to school, had one appearing for a long time with clown make up and a paper boy hat! unfortunately, i don't know of a current way to fix it other than to just change your sim into their normal everyday.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    This happens in my friend's game too though I have never seen it in mine.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Can any Guru's help with this? @SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruDaniel ? Someone? This happens in my game also.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I have seen it in my game before too, several times, with both children and adults. I have no idea where the outfits come from.
  • Options
    HogweedHogweed Posts: 10 New Member
    I have seen it happen where a sim wearing something different. i went into the CAS, and could not find the clothing in there, so I just left it on her, thinking she is wearing something unique that i dont have!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    edited July 2016
    @FFX2Paine506 hey this happens to me almost all the time but only when my sims got grades improvement at school or when they got promoted at work. i had this after being promoted to staff manager (or whatever you call it) in IT guru profession (or whatevfer you call it)

09.06.2016_20-32-35_zpskftwy82l.png

Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've had it happen to kids too. I also think it has something to do with improved grades and is like when adults get promoted at work and come home in weird outfits.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2016
    maybe she was bullied, they stole her clothes and hse had no choice to dive into the lost and found.

Oh who am I kidding, Nobody lost that shirt, shorts
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    In TS3 my sims used to randomly dress in strange outfits after taking a shower, but I haven't had that happen in TS4 except for new job uniforms. Maybe like others said, the game thinks she got a promotion in a job. It is a career outfit. :p
  • Options
    queentellerqueenteller Posts: 44 Member
    I think this has happened to me before in my game also. And for future reference freewill is a setting that allows your sims to basically do whatever they want/need to do when you are not commanding them to do things. I think the game is automatically on this setting.But you can turn it off and they will I believe only do things to survive like eating.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i have never seen this in my game and have freewill on and keeping it on and never seen that happen
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    There is a known bug for this when kids and teens go up a grade and I think also with work promotions they come home wearing something else. I keep getting this in my game I just have them change clothes. I'm not sure where the thread is about this bug.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member
    I'm guessing it's a bug. :P But it's a funny one so why not? :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a bug. :P But it's a funny one so why not? :D

It definitely made me laugh!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Mod Related?
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I am like 99% sure that the sweater is cc as I have just downloaded one that is almost identical to it. No idea how it got into your game though, unless you download a sim and didn't realize it came with CC.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif