Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT on earth is my Sim wearing?!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited July 2016
    Mod Related?

@catloverplayer No I don't use mods.
    thelawtman wrote: »
    I am like 99% sure that the sweater is cc as I have just downloaded one that is almost identical to it. No idea how it got into your game though, unless you download a sim and didn't realize it came with CC.

@thelawtman it's a sweater from GTW. I created her in CAS I never installed her.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    Ahh it must be a glitch than, I have never seen my sims come home in something different, but it looks like a few others have.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Yeah it happens often in my game too, no mods and long before I started using cc
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    This happened to me today, Ironic, huh?
    The thing is, my Sim just go to the Park with her daughter, and suddenly ALL her clothes were different.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Maybe she wanted to fit in with the Townies? :p

Hasn't happened in my game....yet ;)
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    I submitted a bug report on the AHQ site this morning for this issue. If anyone would like to pop over to that thread and hit the "me too" button, and/or submit your own experience with this happening, here is the link:

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Promotion-Fashion-Weirdness/m-p/5441059#U5441059

LOL, had to submit that report when my sim came home with a promotion in the Painter career wearing a bathing suit, ranger hat from OR and low boots. Funny but don't think it's an intended result. The pic's in the report, if you care to see a jaw dropping fashion choice, lol.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,792 Member
    Try "repair" game. I've not yet experienced this kind of weirdness. My Sims generally age up into some horrible ensembles, though. I simply march them over to their dresser and we 'fix' the problem. But, this sounds like some kind of glitch, that you're experiencing. I always fall back on the "repair game" option. Go to Origin and right click on your Sims4 game, then select "repair game". Let it do its thing and make sure you don't have a green bar filling up, even when it tells you it's done. Also, it's always a good idea to go into your documents folder and delete the localthumbcache file. That's documents>Electronic Arts> Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

@charlotteprice She fit too much :<. I almost went into despair at the thought of having to change every single one back.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    Hyeion wrote: »

@charlotteprice She fit too much :<. I almost went into despair at the thought of having to change every single one back.

That is really weird. Every outfit? Wow..........hopefully they get a fix for this!
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I used to have the weird makeup and stuff but not any more, I have had my child come home in cloths I haven't seen before, but as long as they aren't weird I don't really care. They only have them on the one time and it doesn't take away from the cloths I have given them in the beginning.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    My child just came home from school wearing an entirely random outfit that I've never seen before.

292a9f7.png

It's not part of any of her other outfits
    lfos6.png

How did this happen?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Hahaha I'm sorry but I needed a laugh today.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    The thing is, my Sim just go to the Park with her daughter, and suddenly ALL her clothes were different.

Whose clothes were different?

Are either of them in clubs? THAT will mess with preset fashion, if you have club outfits set to add color or style choices, for example.

Otherwise, the new outfit is probably their school uniform, especially if their grades went up. Situation outfits, makes sense considering we don't SEE them at school, but as far as I know there's no way to directly edit a Situation outfit.

With MC you can use Dresser to Copy a different outfit and Paste it onto the sim, but it's unlikely to "stick" between Situations, they generally get remade as they're called for. Pretty untested field so far.

Do any of you really feel like You Rule... considering we can't even always dress our sims in what we want?

• Options
    You only rule if you choose to rule

It is weirder stories, if you make them weird

*darts out*
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    You only rule if you choose to rule

It is weirder stories, if you make them weird

*darts out*

Ain't that it? hahaha! (Which side are you on, Rule or Weird?) :wink:

I've said from the beginning, Weirder Stories would have been a MUCH better tagline for this version. You Rule is NOT the experience I've had at all.

Weirder Stories? I could write a book.
  • Options
    KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2016
    Finvola wrote: »
    I've had it happen to kids too. I also think it has something to do with improved grades and is like when adults get promoted at work and come home in weird outfits.

LOL makes sense, happens to me personally all the time at work.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1
  • Options

Whose clothes were different?

Are either of them in clubs? THAT will mess with preset fashion, if you have club outfits set to add color or style choices, for example.

Otherwise, the new outfit is probably their school uniform, especially if their grades went up. Situation outfits, makes sense considering we don't SEE them at school, but as far as I know there's no way to directly edit a Situation outfit.

With MC you can use Dresser to Copy a different outfit and Paste it onto the sim, but it's unlikely to "stick" between Situations, they generally get remade as they're called for. Pretty untested field so far.

Do any of you really feel like You Rule... considering we can't even always dress our sims in what we want?

@egwarhammer The Young Adult one, she is indeed in a Club, but it wasn't a gathering, and the club doesn't have an outfit.
    YES, THAT WAS WEIRD.
    Gladly I saved awhile before going out , and could go back to the save before that happened.(Something I do all the freaking time now is saving before blinking)
    True, Some stuff really annoys me. However sometimes, if it's a single outfit and not ALL OF THEM*Cries* it might be a bit funny.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    ishlimitishlimit Posts: 1 New Member
    okay so i dowloaded some tops and my sims is wearing them but it won't be on her in freemode it would be on he side of her in the air but when you zoom in on her its on her body i need helpp