Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    bigmattb28bigmattb28 Posts: 1 New Member
    New laptop i7 7700hq and nividia 1050ti was running sims 3 fine few days ago now is saying graphics card not detected or something, help please! I can't find the button to start a new thread.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    bigmattb28 wrote: »
    New laptop i7 7700hq and nividia 1050ti was running sims 3 fine few days ago now is saying graphics card not detected or something, help please! I can't find the button to start a new thread.
    Not detected or not recognized? If it's only not recognized, that happens to all players with graphics cards that are newer than the game's final development cycle but most see that warning only once. Maybe once again after a graphics card driver update. Does the game allow you to start playing and do things appear to be working as they should?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MadVelvetMadVelvet Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I am in need of help for the gift card on origin, it keeps saying I need the Sims3 starter pack, but I already have, my ad block is off, also I bought sims3 through Stream so I don't know if that's the issue, doesn't make sense since I have an account on the sims site anyways right? I ust want the Deliciously Indulgence Bakery T^T Please help me guys. Thank you.
  • Options
    MadVelvet wrote: »
    Hello, I am in need of help for the gift card on origin, it keeps saying I need the Sims3 starter pack, but I already have, my ad block is off, also I bought sims3 through Stream so I don't know if that's the issue, doesn't make sense since I have an account on the sims site anyways right? I ust want the Deliciously Indulgence Bakery T^T Please help me guys. Thank you.
    You are having problems redeeming a gift card on Origin? Sounds to me like you're right, the Steam purchase shouldn't matter. When it comes to TS3 store points to enable purchases of things like the Bakery Set or EA Store Worlds, Origin should merely be acting as a purchasing agent. The actual points would show up on your account on the original TS3 site where the Store is.

Not entirely sure how gift card redemption is meant to work, but I think it would be best to contact EA Customer Service for a real time conversation (chat or phone callback, depending upon what they have available in your area and time zone) about what's happening there. The link should be at the bottom of each of these forum pages, when viewed in full-size web browsers. No one from Customer Service with access to players' actual accounts would be on this Forum, even the Sim Gurus and Moderators I believe do not have such access.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    8989898989898989 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have Nraas MC, Overwatch and just recently added the Animator one.
    I was testing them out and was having trouble when I select the pause from that interaction box(don't know the proper name for it).

Thank you in advance for helping :)
  • Options
    > @89898989 said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have Nraas MC, Overwatch and just recently added the Animator one.
    > I was testing them out and was having trouble when I select the pause from that interaction box(don't know the proper name for it).
    >
    > Thank you in advance for helping :)
    Edit: It only freeze the game while I select pause on some of the animation I choose. I was just wondering if that was normal?
  • Options
    89898989 wrote: »
    > @89898989 said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have Nraas MC, Overwatch and just recently added the Animator one.
    > I was testing them out and was having trouble when I select the pause from that interaction box(don't know the proper name for it).
    >
    > Thank you in advance for helping :)
    Edit: It only freeze the game while I select pause on some of the animation I choose. I was just wondering if that was normal?
    Hi there. Offhand, I've never heard of this effect. Animator is usually a very gentle mod.

I would suggest a couple of things:

1 - Add ErrorTrap to your collection of mods.
    2 - Post the question on NRaas, on the general Chatterbox board. Support for the mods is provided there and our developer or other members might better be able to suggest reasons for this happening. Also, if ErrorTrap kicks up any unusual script errors relating to Animator, that would the place to upload them and ask for help in interpreting them.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
    (free Wikispaces account and NRaas memberhship required to post and upload files)

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Redneck_kingRedneck_king Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay so here's my situation, I keep trying to download all of my expansion packs for The Sims 3 and download The Sims 4 and all of its expansion packs, I have origin to set up to download to my D drive since my C drive is a SSD, even though I have origin to set up to download everything to my D drive it keeps downloading it to my C drive and filling it up and I have to erase everything and it won't install to my D drive
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Okay so here's my situation, I keep trying to download all of my expansion packs for The Sims 3 and download The Sims 4 and all of its expansion packs, I have origin to set up to download to my D drive since my C drive is a SSD, even though I have origin to set up to download everything to my D drive it keeps downloading it to my C drive and filling it up and I have to erase everything and it won't install to my D drive
    Is Origin itself installed on C or D? Although you shouldn't have to do this, if it's on C or actually either way you might want to try uninstalling Origin entirely, clean the registry with a tool such as Piriform's CCleaner to get rid of hidden remnants of the prior game installs, and install the Origin client on D if you can to see if these steps help get it to honor the drive selection.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Redneck_kingRedneck_king Posts: 2 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > 🐸🐸🐸🐸_king wrote: »
    >
    > Okay so here's my situation, I keep trying to download all of my expansion packs for The Sims 3 and download The Sims 4 and all of its expansion packs, I have origin to set up to download to my D drive since my C drive is a SSD, even though I have origin to set up to download everything to my D drive it keeps downloading it to my C drive and filling it up and I have to erase everything and it won't install to my D drive
    >
    >
    >
    > Is Origin itself installed on C or D? Although you shouldn't have to do this, if it's on C or actually either way you might want to try uninstalling Origin entirely, clean the registry with a tool such as Piriform's CCleaner to get rid of hidden remnants of the prior game installs, and install the Origin client on D if you can to see if these steps help get it to honor the drive selection.
    > https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Its on the D
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Its on the D
    Advice is the same, uninstall Origin and any TS3 games and packs, clean the registry, try again. Something is telling Origin to download or install on C at least sometimes and hopefully this can resolve it. If not, I would suggest posting on the EA TS3 Answers.HQ board as the support we fellow players can provide for Origin itself is really quite limited. Seems likely others would be having this problem as well if it's being that stubborn about it.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > 89898989 wrote: »
    >
    > > @89898989 said:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I was wondering if anyone can help me? I have Nraas MC, Overwatch and just recently added the Animator one.
    > > I was testing them out and was having trouble when I select the pause from that interaction box(don't know the proper name for it).
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance for helping :)
    > Edit: It only freeze the game while I select pause on some of the animation I choose. I was just wondering if that was normal?
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi there. Offhand, I've never heard of this effect. Animator is usually a very gentle mod.
    >
    > I would suggest a couple of things:
    >
    > 1 - Add ErrorTrap to your collection of mods.
    > 2 - Post the question on NRaas, on the general Chatterbox board. Support for the mods is provided there and our developer or other members might better be able to suggest reasons for this happening. Also, if ErrorTrap kicks up any unusual script errors relating to Animator, that would the place to upload them and ask for help in interpreting them.
    >
    > http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
    > (free Wikispaces account and NRaas memberhship required to post and upload files)
    >
    > http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload

Thank you for the suggestions Igazor. I also wanted to add that I tried out that mod with another family and no problem so far :)
  • Options
    JazzyJuliebeanJazzyJuliebean Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi everyone!

My game is glitching pretty badly! Here are the issues:

1) A few weeks ago I installed the deep fryer from the store. Everything was working fine for a while, but the other day it stopped working. Sims who try to use it start to cook, but then the action cancels itself out. The frying animations continue (including arm distortion if the Sim walks away), but other than that the fryer acts like there's nothing cooking. Food never completes.

2) Stairs aren't working properly. When I tell Sims to go to another floor they walk to the base of the stairs and either teleport to whatever I told them to do (and return to the original floor once they're done), complain about something being in their way, or do the action standing next to the stairs, which sometimes causes arm distortion like what happens with the fryer if they're far away from whatever they're doing. When I give them the "use stairs" command the stairs work fine.

3) There are no interactions with the pizza oven I installed at the same time as the fryer.

I have tried restarting the game, clearing the caches, replacing the ccmerged file, uninstalling and reinstalling the fryer... nothing is working. My game has a handful of NRaas mods installed, but I haven't made any changes to what mods I have installed between the fryer and stairs working and the problems starting. They started to malfunction at around the same time. The pizza oven has never worked.

Is there anything else I can try? I was really excited about using the premium content items, and the problem with stairs is quite annoying.

Thanks!
  • Options
    @JazzyJuliebean - At the risk of asking what might be obvious, is all of this happening only on one lot in one game, or is it the same if you (in a test run, no need to save it) move your household out to a different residential lot? What about a different household? Or a newly started game, maybe in a different world?

Also, a broken ccmerged file is the first thing I thought of. You've already addressed that but how did you replace it? If the problem persists across saves, this is going to sound odd but it has worked for some (we don't really know why). Leave your ccmerged file where it is but put a second copy of it in Mods\Overrides (not in Packages, in the other more seldom used subfolder). Any better?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Update: After posting that I realized I should probably test the objects in another neighborhood, since I've only used one. The deep fryer and pizza oven are still misbehaving, but the problem with the stairs seems to be resolved by switching games. Does that imply a problem with the saved game that's having problems, and if so can I salvage it? I'm quite attached to that family, and they're very rooted in the town they're in so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable pulling them to another one.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @JazzyJuliebean - At the risk of asking what might be obvious, is all of this happening only on one lot in one game, or is it the same if you (in a test run, no need to save it) move your household out to a different residential lot? What about a different household? Or a newly started game, maybe in a different world?
    >
    > Also, a broken ccmerged file is the first thing I thought of. You've already addressed that but how did you replace it? If the problem persists across saves, this is going to sound odd but it has worked for some (we don't really know why). Leave your ccmerged file where it is but put a second copy of it in Mods\Overrides (not in Packages, in the other more seldom used subfolder). Any better?

I got a copy of ccmerged from someone else and used it for a bit before things started acting up. Once I saw problems I replaced it with another clean copy of the same ccmerged I got, assuming the original was corrupted. I'll try putting a second copy in the Overrides folder and report back.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    This would be the trusted source for a clean ccmerged file that we always recommend for those having these problems.
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items

On the stairs issue, which now sounds unrelated, the problem might be with the lot more than the sims or the entire world unless you've already ruled that out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    That's where I got the ccmerged file. Putting a second one in Overrides seemed to fix the premium content issues. :smiley: Thanks! The stair issue seems to be lot related, which sucks considering how much work I put into it. But moving houses is better than having to move to a whole new town.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @JazzyJuliebean - I still wish I understood better why the ccmerged copy in Overrides trick works when it does for some players, but glad that it did. Must have something to do with the split-millisecond timing of things as the game loads and Overrides forces certain things to happen later in the process. On the lot related issue, I think we all face those occasionally. At least it wasn't something more serious. Tricky when two of these awful things happen at the same time and therefore just seem related. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    OnyxLionessOnyxLioness Posts: 29 New Member
    @igazor
    said
    > @OnyxLioness - What is the source of these installations? Are these retail store discs, Origin digital, or from some other source (which one)? 19.0.101 etc. is a version number for the Isla Paradiso EP, not the game itself for which we go by patch numbers now, so that part is a bit confusing but not entirely relevant.

iGazor, you are great person! Thank you for your patience. The source of my installations are CD-Roms all purchased from Amazon.com. After reading your reply I got suspicious about the World Adventures CD-Rom and looked up a couple of unboxing videos of it. It turns out, it is not actually World Adventures so I am returning that for a refund.

Ok I have another question please. I installed Late Night, Ambitions, Island Paradise and then Supernatural in that order onto the D Drive but I noticed something odd, when I tried to install the 2nd expansion pack (Ambitions), it would give me an error message saying something like "This folder already has Late Night installed". I don't understand why that would be an error message. Why can't we install 4 different expansion packs in the same folder?

So I installed the other 3 expansion packs into new folders on the D drive. I get a medium amount of freezing and lagging when I play Sims 3 . Is it because I only have 8 GBs of RAM?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @OnyxLioness - How can a WA installation disc not be a WA installation disc? (maybe I don't want to know...) You're right, the error on Ambitions doesn't make any sense. Are you sure that your remaining discs are legitimate?

The procedure for disc installs should be install the base game, patch it to 1.67 using EA's SuperPatcher, test it to make sure it works (after patching), then install each of the EP/SPs you have. Run the SuperPatcher again at the end, even though that shouldn't really be necessary, and force it to run anyway if it says you already have the latest patch. Ignore any offers along the way to install the EA Download Manager (EADM) or Origin unless you want to land on 1.69 and have an Origin controlled game. If you are offered the EA Store patch or updates to any of the very early EP/SPs themselves along the way, you can accept those.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-super-patcher

From where you are now, try running the SuperPatcher if you haven't already and then maybe try Ambitions again, if it's a legitimate disc?

As for the freeze and lag, which world are you playing in and how does a newly started game in Sunset Valley behave? Isla Paradiso would be the worst world to test things in, it has all kinds of problems that can glitch up gameplay for anyone if the world isn't fixed up first. Bridgeport is not as bad, but probably the second worst designed world for testing. In addition to SV, Moonlight Falls and Riverview, as well as the other EA Store worlds, should be fine as should the other EP worlds that you don't have yet.

Other than that, we would have to know more about the hardware you are playing on. On the RAM, 8 GB should be plenty unless you are using over half of it for other applications at the time you want to launch the game or during gameplay. The game itself can only make use of ~4 GB. A dxdiag report might help us see any hardware related issues getting in the way.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

You would have to post the results, the full report that is, into several responses here as they will be far too long to fit into one or use pastebin.com and provide a broken link that we can use to see them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    OnyxLionessOnyxLioness Posts: 29 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @OnyxLioness - How can a WA installation disc not be a WA installation disc? (maybe I don't want to know...) You're right, the error on Ambitions doesn't make any sense. Are you sure that your remaining discs are legitimate?
    >
    > The procedure for disc installs should be install the base game, patch it to 1.67 using EA's SuperPatcher, test it to make sure it works (after patching), then install each of the EP/SPs you have. Run the SuperPatcher again at the end, even though that shouldn't really be necessary, and force it to run anyway if it says you already have the latest patch. Ignore any offers along the way to install the EA Download Manager (EADM) or Origin unless you want to land on 1.69 and have an Origin controlled game. If you are offered the EA Store patch or updates to any of the very early EP/SPs themselves along the way, you can accept those.
    > https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-super-patcher
    >
    > From where you are now, try running the SuperPatcher if you haven't already and then maybe try Ambitions again, if it's a legitimate disc?
    >
    > As for the freeze and lag, which world are you playing in and how does a newly started game in Sunset Valley behave? Isla Paradiso would be the worst world to test things in, it has all kinds of problems that can glitch up gameplay for anyone if the world isn't fixed up first. Bridgeport is not as bad, but probably the second worst designed world for testing. In addition to SV, Moonlight Falls and Riverview, as well as the other EA Store worlds, should be fine as should the other EP worlds that you don't have yet.
    >
    > Other than that, we would have to know more about the hardware you are playing on. On the RAM, 8 GB should be plenty unless you are using over half of it for other applications at the time you want to launch the game or during gameplay. The game itself can only make use of ~4 GB. A dxdiag report might help us see any hardware related issues getting in the way.
    > https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    >
    > You would have to post the results, the full report that is, into several responses here as they will be far too long to fit into one or use pastebin.com and provide a broken link that we can use to see them.

@igazor
    Thank you so very much for your reply :)

I was playing on Isla Paradisa. After reading your reply I decided that in a couple of months I will reset my computer. I will have to wait a couple of months because of life circumstances. So in the meantime I disabled Island Paradise and I am playing in Twinbrook now.

To answer your question about the so-called World Adventures CD-Rom not being an actual World Adventures CD-Rom, I apologize for not being clear. I purchased a World Adventures Expansion Pack CD-Rom from Amazon.com marketplace and when I received it, it took me a couple of days before I realized that it is actually not World Adventures EP. So I mailed it back to the company and got a refund.
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    ok wait, is Isla Paradiso gonna cause problems for me if I get the expansion pack, since I'm getting it next month?
  • Options
    The Island Paradise expansion pack is fine, although one of the heavier hitting ones on performance compared to the others. It's the Isla Paradiso world that comes with it that is impossible for most to play as it comes due to design flaws. The choices become don't play in that world (use the content elsewhere), there are many fine player-made custom tropical worlds out there, or use a fixed up version of Isla Paradiso that is playable like this one.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    inconsolabileinconsolabile Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, I have an issue with the relationship panel in the game, and I couldn't find a thread for that, also, I can't open my own, so I came here :)

I chose an existing household when I reinstalled the game recently, it was a couple with 2 puppies. I changed the active household, and when I came back, the puppies were gone. In the relationship panel, they are highlighted grey, like people from abroad, and there are no photos, just blank squares.

Did anyone else ever have this issue? Why are the puppies gone in the first place, and is there a chance to get them back? :(

Thank you all in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top