Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    AronTavaresAronTavares Posts: 5 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > AronTavares wrote: »
    >
    > So, today I was just playing until I decided to start fresh and move in a new household. But then, when I clicked "Next" on the game setup, it grayed out and became unclickable, even tho everything else was just fine. Because of this, my Sims can't even go to uni! Please help! :'(
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi there. There are a lot of things that can cause this. There could be something slightly wrong with the house/household you are trying to move in. Or the issue could be, previously undetected until now, with the world you are moving them into. This is in an ongoing game? Do you get better results if, as a test, you attempt to move a different household into a different world on a newly spawned game? Or the same household on a newly spawned game?
    >
    > Or your system or the game engine just at that point could be overloaded. Without (yet) asking for system specs, have you tried quitting out, deleting the five cache files that appear on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents, then rebooting the computer and trying again?

HOLY CRAP IT WORKED I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH *worships*
  • Options
    VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    I recently began receiving the following Script Error when the Sims 3 Launcher opens . I just realized that the Error mentions facebook . https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/940658069295804?v=2.7.23
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    I recently began receiving the following Script Error when the Sims 3 Launcher opens . I just realized that the Error mentions facebook . https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/940658069295804?v=2.7.23
    That's an EA server side error, these haven't always involved Facebook but they have come and gone many times over the years. It doesn't matter if the player clicks Yes, No, or "X" to close the script error window, as long as you can get past it. The errors are harmless and have nothing to do with the actual game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    igazor . thanks . i'm not having any trouble getting past the Error Window . i just found the facebook reference perplexing :smile:
  • Options
    TerlynTerlyn Posts: 3 New Member
    igazor, I have been getting the same script error too. It's annoying, is there any way to get rid of it. Would it help to uninstall and reinstall Origin?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Terlyn wrote: »
    igazor, I have been getting the same script error too. It's annoying, is there any way to get rid of it. Would it help to uninstall and reinstall Origin?

There is no way to stop it other than X out of it. Origin has nothing to do with the error. Many of us have the old game version that does not require origin and we still get the script errors
  • Options
    SwiteziankaSwitezianka Posts: 2 New Member
    The same error happened to me today and I can not play the game. It wont load. Nothing has been changed, I haven't downloaded anything and a person on a Polish web site is also experiencing the same exact problem with the same error within the last 24 hours. It's not our computers and we didn't all just get a virus on the same day. What's going on?! Error https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/940658069295804?v=2.7.23
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The same error happened to me today and I can not play the game. It wont load. Nothing has been changed, I haven't downloaded anything and a person on a Polish web site is also experiencing the same exact problem with the same error within the last 24 hours. It's not our computers and we didn't all just get a virus on the same day. What's going on?! Error https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/940658069295804?v=2.7.23
    Repeating myself now. This is an EA Side web server script error that has to do with the Launcher tie-in to Facebook. It has nothing to do with anything at all on your computers or viruses and should have no impact on the game.

I'm sorry that you cannot get past it. You have tried all three ways, even if the error appears multiple times -- Yes, No, and hitting the interior "X" to close the script error window? If that's so and you still can't get past it, then I suggest you post this issue on the EA Answers HQ board (link below) for EA staff to see. However, I expect that the helpers over there are going to tell you exactly the same thing, as I see they are now doing for others posting on it. These EA side Launcher script errors have been appearing on and off for years now.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    swws98swws98 Posts: 1 New Member
    Newbie here. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but going to give it a try.

Where can I see how many tips I've made so far as a magician?

I've must have performed for tips some 40-50 times by now with my Sim. The achievement should have unlocked already (20k tips). Is there anywhere I can keep track of how much tips I've made so far at least? Or is this (the magic of money) a glitched achievement? I don't understand. I really should have got it by now. My Sim makes about 1k tips per session.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @swws98 - Are we talking about the achievement badges that appear on our TS3 website profiles, or something in-game that is supposed to happen when you reach this goal? If it's the online badges, many of them are fussy and indeed broken. I'm afraid that most of us here on the Tech board (or maybe I'm just speaking for myself and will be corrected) tend to ignore those completely.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KharkyKharky Posts: 13 New Member
    Ok! So, when Sims 3 came out I was poor and had to sell all my Sims 2 to helps raise money to buy the new one. I was so excited!
    What a waste of money and good games! Sims 3 was insanely buggy to the point I found it unplayable.
    Some things I was not even sure was a bug but could have just been really terrible parts of the game.
    The community lots, like shops - I couldn't go in them. If I needed to buy ingredients I would travel to the shop like normal but I would just see the facade of a shop and I would get the option to buy stuff.
    Same for work - the sim would travel to a place of work and I would just see a bad image of a building - just a drop-down menu of how hard they should work. Is this right and normal or did I have a bad installation? Was I supposed to buy more expansion pack to be able to do stuff that wasn't my home lot?

The only lots I could use were 2 nightclubs - I had the late night expansion from start - which I, without fail got stuck in the lift. Also a park, I think and a cemetery.

I gave up pretty quickly. I am tempted to try Sims again but I am wary of splashing out on SIms 4 + expacs. I am tempted to go retro and buy Sims 2 second hand.
  • Options
    Kharky wrote: »
    Ok! So, when Sims 3 came out I was poor and had to sell all my Sims 2 to helps raise money to buy the new one. I was so excited!
    What a waste of money and good games! Sims 3 was insanely buggy to the point I found it unplayable.
    Some things I was not even sure was a bug but could have just been really terrible parts of the game.
    The community lots, like shops - I couldn't go in them. If I needed to buy ingredients I would travel to the shop like normal but I would just see the facade of a shop and I would get the option to buy stuff.
    Same for work - the sim would travel to a place of work and I would just see a bad image of a building - just a drop-down menu of how hard they should work. Is this right and normal or did I have a bad installation? Was I supposed to buy more expansion pack to be able to do stuff that wasn't my home lot?

The only lots I could use were 2 nightclubs - I had the late night expansion from start - which I, without fail got stuck in the lift. Also a park, I think and a cemetery.

I gave up pretty quickly. I am tempted to try Sims again but I am wary of splashing out on SIms 4 + expacs. I am tempted to go retro and buy Sims 2 second hand.

The sims 3 has what you call rabbit holes. Some jobs are hands on and others you just go to work and disappear into the rabbit hole. The fire fighter career is hands on. Some of the dr's career is hands on. You need ambitions EP . The stores are also rabbit holes. There are mods you can add to the game to have more hands on jobs.

The sims 3 and 4 require a gaming computer unlike the sims 2 or 1. The sims 3 and 4 are both buggy but will be more buggy if you happen to have a computer that does not meet requirements to run the game
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Kharky - Hi there. Welcome to the forums, but even though you were directed here I think you might be in the wrong place (slightly).

This is the Tech Discussions board for TS3. We help players with their technical issues here -- meaning install problems, hardware not performing as it should or in need of upgrades, software not doing what it should or getting in the way of game performance, things like that. This particular thread is for New Members who have such technical issues and would like some assistance, but cannot yet start up their own threads. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with TS3. It is a very heavy hitting performer, or at least it was for its time when it was released in 2009, and really needs a suitable computer on which to function properly. EA consistently understated the requirements that the game really needs to run properly.

Lots such as grocery/book stores, schools, and what we call rabbit hole career lots are not meant to be seen inside. Other community lots such as parks, beaches, cemeteries, community gardens, playgrounds, and venues are wide open and host activities that the player can see and control their sims through. Each of the EPs as they came out added more of both types of lots to the game, but even in the base game alone there were many open type lots in the world and the player could always add some to each town by way of Edit Town if they wanted more.

But it sounds to me more like you just didn't like the game, not that it crashed in your face or behaved totally wrong every time you played it. If you provide us with some specs of your current computer, we could tell you how well (or poorly) TS3 or TS4 might be expected to perform for you and how many EPs you could expect to play with properly. But this really isn't the place to discuss which game versions we prefer or don't care for once we get past actually getting the game to work. The General Discussion boards on both TS3 and TS4 sections, as well as the TS2 board just below this one on the main forum's legacy games menu, are really better places for those conversations. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    As a World of Warcraft gamer, I would have had a reasonable system back then but I couldn't tell you what was I was running.
    There was definitely actual glitches and bugs, like everyone getting stuck in the elevator when the Night club closed. As it was 8 (OMG?!) years ago now, I can't remember.
    Not really gamed much recently so my set up is a few years old now: Currently, I am using a GTX770, 8gb ram, Core I3-3220 @ 3300Ghz. Soon to be upgraded to an I5 2500k- I am inheriting my OH's old processor.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    As a World of Warcraft gamer, I would have had a reasonable system back then but I couldn't tell you what was I was running.
    There was definitely actual glitches and bugs, like everyone getting stuck in the elevator when the Night club closed. As it was 8 (OMG?!) years ago now, I can't remember.
    Not really gamed much recently so my set up is a few years old now: Currently, I am using a GTX770, 8gb ram, Core I3-3220 @ 3300Ghz. Soon to be upgraded to an I5 2500k- I am inheriting my OH's old processor.
    All of the sims games have bugs like that. I would have to say that TS3 has more than its fair share, to be honest, but we manage to forgive the game and play around them. There are mods available to help players work through many of them that EA never resolved. If you can see my signature line, it shows that I am from NRaas -- we make and support a collection of very popular mods that can help.

Since we are talking about elevators and night clubs, you must have had more than the base game in play back then. Those came with the LateNite EP that was released late in 2010.

(Edit: Sorry, you did say above that you had LateNite. But it's not a requirement to play in Bridgeport, there are certainly some design flaws inherent in that world that could have been arranged better. I got LN myself for the musical instruments and mixology, didn't get around to trying out a city (urban) world until ages later.)

Your system would be fine for TS3 provided that it and its components age well and hold up mechanically. @phoebebebe13 would have to comment on TS4, there is a heavy EP about to be released for that one.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @igazor that i3 maybe too weak for the 770 card @Kharky you could be bottlenecking. @chesterbigbird is the build expert so you need to ask her. The sims 4 is also processor heavy and yes you need a better processor for that game. I don't know if the 2000 series intel i5 processor would be too old for TS4 if you were to switch out your i3 processor . Most people using i5 or better on the sims 4 are using 4000-7000 intel series

also are you capping your fps with the sims 3? The sims 3 has no fps limiter. You need to cap your fps to your monitor refresh rate with vsync
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Edited my post above because I hadn't seen where the OP did mention that they had LN from the outset. But while I'm at it yes, guess I was focusing on the i5 processor they were planning to add, not the i3.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    EerietteEeriette Posts: 34 Member
    I can't find my product code to register in the sims 3 store! Help me please. I bought island paradise yesterday and downloaded asap. no pop up. and the email I got saying i bought the game didn't have the code in there. where can I find it??
  • Options
    Eeriette wrote: »
    I can't find my product code to register in the sims 3 store! Help me please. I bought island paradise yesterday and downloaded asap. no pop up. and the email I got saying i bought the game didn't have the code in there. where can I find it??
    This was an Origin purchase and install? If you use the same login (email address) for the older TS3 site, it should eventually pick up on your Origin purchase and "register" it for you, though that can take some serious time to happen. But the Store isn't really involved. Have you installed the pack and does it work, I mean when you start your game by way of Origin, does IP show up for loading along with any others you may have?

If there is some disconnect between your Origin account and your TS3 account, or you are using different logins, you may have to contact EA Customer Support to get that fixed up -- see the Help menu below the forum pages on full-sized browser windows.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Same emails. My SIM points update asap after I purchased them. But the game itself isn't registered. Do I really have to wait forever for it to just do it for Me?? If so that sucks. When will I know so I can download the free content that comes with redeeming a game code? Am I suppose to just keep checking? Again not efficient. I'm disappointed if I can't just click and see a code right away rather than a run around or dead end.
    I checked all sorts of help sites. Ea.. origin.. here. Nothing works. Latest try..
    Help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-find-your-product-code-in-origin

Doesn't work. Also the page In this forum is outdated.
  • Options
    Lol. Thats plum. XD Suppose to be dumb**
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Eeriette - Then I suggest you contact EA Customer Support for assistance. Telling other players trying to help out here that the registration system is not intelligent (the forum censors/"plums" out not so nice words) or inefficient, while certainly accurate, I'm afraid is not going to be very helpful. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ive already contacted a ea rep. didn't get anywhere. this was my last resort. searched through previous threads hoping to find someone else with a solution. asked for myself for anything helpful. and deadend. so not good. now im forced to wait for the update on the sims3.com website.

thanks anyway.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @igazor that i3 maybe too weak for the 770 card @Kharky you could be bottlenecking. @chesterbigbird is the build expert so you need to ask her. The sims 4 is also processor heavy and yes you need a better processor for that game. I don't know if the 2000 series intel i5 processor would be too old for TS4 if you were to switch out your i3 processor . Most people using i5 or better on the sims 4 are using 4000-7000 intel series
    >
    > also are you capping your fps with the sims 3? The sims 3 has no fps limiter. You need to cap your fps to your monitor refresh rate with vsync

He has got the 2500k with a 980ti on his pc and runs all except the very newest games at max settings. and boosts to 3.9GHz. Surley a game like sims shouldn't be THAT hungry for CPU?
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @igazor that i3 maybe too weak for the 770 card @Kharky you could be bottlenecking. @chesterbigbird is the build expert so you need to ask her. The sims 4 is also processor heavy and yes you need a better processor for that game. I don't know if the 2000 series intel i5 processor would be too old for TS4 if you were to switch out your i3 processor . Most people using i5 or better on the sims 4 are using 4000-7000 intel series
    >
    > also are you capping your fps with the sims 3? The sims 3 has no fps limiter. You need to cap your fps to your monitor refresh rate with vsync

He has got the 2500k with a 980ti on his pc and runs all except the very newest games at max settings. and boosts to 3.9GHz. Surley a game like sims shouldn't be THAT hungry for CPU?

The sims 4 is cpu hungry. Allot of people having issues with better specs as far as CPU goes. You will find allot of threads in the tech and bugs section of this forum on that issue
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top