Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We could change it all- Sims 4 Apocalypse challenge

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2017
    He's so cute! Oh my, he's so cute. The idea of blond Lilly Feng made me laugh. I hope they treat him well. On the other hand with the Fengs one can never know, they might use the poor boy for shady stuff.
    And the conversation flew smoothly, I had no idea you struggled with those. Conversations are actually my favourite thing to write, you can make the character's personality show in them. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    edited April 2017
    You did a great job with this part! I was interested in how Leanord's lack of being registered would be handled, and I'm excited to see where it goes!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited April 2017
    Poor Lenny! If only he could stay with Mika! Hopefully time will fly for him! (That's a hint, put life span on short so that the handsome boy doesn't have to suffer! :lol:)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Book marked keep up the good work on your writing look forward to more of the story
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Maladi777 He is so handsome! you did a wonderful job creating him. I am starting to enjoy writing converstions more now, though Inner Monologe and Journal view will stay my favourites.

@Broncos4life Thank you! @Maladi777 and @Marialein greatly inspired and helped me come up with his Story line. You have them to credt for most if it :)

@Sterretjeee I wish! But the plot needs to move forward and this is a great part of it!

@RamblineRose Yay new reader! Thank you for the compliment!
  • Options
    So should probably tell you guys why there isn't a chapter out yet. There are several reasons. number one is that I have been having a really hard time writing the next chapter. a bit of a writers block combined with emotional struggle getting it written down. I actually have a heart and feel guilty sometimes for what I do to my characters. I know, I was surprised too. reason number two is a terrible internet connection. The only place I have Wifi is the kitchen table where I hate sitting while writing because my family is nuts. Mickey mouse clubhouse playing loudly on the tv kinda ruins the focus. so does the tiny kid watching it. third is a big pile of of homework I'm busy procrastinating about. I should be doing it right now actually. To cut it short, Real life is catching up with me and I shouldn't be b*itching about it to you guys. I'm sorry, and The chapter will be up as soon as possible.
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez Take your time. Writing should be fun not a chore. Just let the characters talk to you while you're doing other stuff. When I'm stuck I do that too. Let them have free conversations in your head, you'll be surprised what they might tell you about themselves. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Real life is a female-dog that deserved to be female-dogged about ;)
    I completely understand the feeling, don't worry about it! Take your time, take a sip of whatever hot beverage you like and enjoy writing again. After all it's supposed to be fun for you! Keep that in mind :blush:
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Tissue warning!!!

“And you want me to come with you guys; why exactly?” Charlie asked at slightly annoyed tone. “Because you need to learn how to handle a buisness situation. You only know how to make a mess, not how to clean it up.” Mika said; clenching her jaws to prevent herself from getting mad. “You're coming with us to observe and learn. That's it.” Charlie sighed and got up from her chair; rubbing her hands over her lower back. “I could use a stretch anyway.”
    04-15-17_3-56-32c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-15-17_3-56-50c2a0pm.png?w=680
    After a short walk the group stood in front of a a shelter made of light weathered bricks. Mika knocked on the door. “Coming!” a warm female
    voice shouted. The door opened and in the doorway stood a woman with gorgeous brown eyes and blonde hair up in a bun. She was wearing a simple yet elegant black dress and she started to smile when she recognized Mika's face.
    04-15-17_4-04-59c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-15-17_4-17-01c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “Mika!? Oh my It's been so long!” She embraced her tightly. Chuckling, Mika hugged back. “It's always a pleasure to see you Lily. How's Victor?” The younger woman's face lighted up at the mention of her husband. “He's been doing great! Since he stepped down he has been so much more relaxed!”
    04-15-17_4-23-59c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Lily looked over Mika's shoulder and noticed Leonard and Charlie standing in the doorway. “Mika, who are the young people you have with you?” Her smile faded. “This isn't just a fun visit is it?” Mika's smile faded. “I am afraid not. They aren't dangerous though. Leonard is in a bit of trouble and Charlie is merely here to observe.” Charlie smiled politely and Leonard extended his hand. Lily took it. “pleasure to meet you ma'am!” Leonard exclaimed nervously. Lily nodded politely and turned her attention to Charlie who was still awkwardly standing in the door opening. Lily smiled at Charlie like she had known her for ages. “You're Corleonesi’s girl aren't you? It's those big blues that give you away. You look so much like Esmeralda! Oh if only she'd she were still among us.” With that Lily turned around and invited them to the living room.
    On one of the couches sat a somewhat older man of Asian descent. He smiled politely when he saw Mika enter the room. “Mika, what a pleasant surprise.” He gestured for everyone to take a seat. He and Lily sat on one side, Mika and Leonard on the other. Charlie stood next to the couch with Mika and Leonard on it while still processing what Lily had said to her only moments before. Had Lily known her mother?
    04-15-17_4-27-05c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Mika scraped her throat. “Let’s get down to business shall we? We have a bit of a registration problem. For the past seven years Leonard here has lived with me. His parents were minor criminals. Town center inhabitants. They were killed in a cleanout. I want him to have a good future, so he needs to get a tag. He doesn’t look anything like me, so I can’t register him as my kid. However, He looks a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like Lily and he would be able to pass as your son. It would be a five year arrangement. He lives here, you feed him and make sure he is okay. He can still visit me for his training sessions and he is good friends with my kids. When he turns eighteen he’s out if here.” After a few seconds of silence Victor cleared his throat. “Mika, I’m not sure if we can-“”We’ll do it.” Lily cut him off. She turned her attention to Leonard. “I’ve always wanted children and you seem like a nice boy. Why don’t you check out the basement? It would be your room if you moved in.”
    04-15-17_4-29-19c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Leonard, still stunned by how quickly Mika’s offer was accepted nodded and walked in the direction of the stairs leading down. Taking the hint Charlie followed.
    “What the hell Lily?! How could we possibly take in a kid that isn’t ours!?” Victor yelled at his wife in anger. “Because the boy needs help! Besides, you owe her your career; Hell, I owe her my life!” Lily snapped. “We’re taking in the boy. It’s the least we can do.” Victor tried to say something, but the look on his wife’s face made him abandon the idea. Mika smiled. “I assure you, he is a great kid. A bit of a hothead sometimes, but he has a good heart underneath.”
    04-29-17_9-51-48c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-29-17_9-51-08c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-15-17_4-28-02c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Leonard looked around the giant room. It was filled with the most amazing stuff. It was more than he had ever possessed in his entire life. He barely heard Charlie enter behind him. “Nice place.” She said. Leonard turned around and sighed. “Do you think I should do it? Move here?” Charlie raised an eyebrow at him. “There’s two people who want a kid and a kid that needs a place to stay. You get an awesome place with it. I would call you and idiot if you didn’t take the opportunity.” Leonard smiled at Charlie’s unexpected wisdom. “Yeah, you’re right.” Charlie chuckled as she walked back up the stairs “I always am kid.”
    04-15-17_4-30-52c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-15-17_4-31-35c2a0pm.png?w=680
    The sun was starting to set as Mika and Charlie walked back home. “So why did you really want me to come along?” Charlie asked. Mika stopped walking. “Sit down with me girl, I need you to listen carefully.” They sat down on a nearby bench.
    04-29-17_10-04-39c2a0pm.png?w=680
    04-29-17_10-07-18c2a0pm.png?w=680
    “I was younger then you are now when I had to take charge of a household, a corporation, care for my pregnant teenage sister and my son. We were nothing. What you are about to have is the greatness I have built up from a pile of sand and bricks. In both family and work. You need connections to keep them afloat. Lily and Victor Feng are a great place to start. Don’t underestimate the fame our family has acquired among the normal people of Glassbolt. They all want our money and wealth. The safety that comes with being a Coleson. Watch out for my family. And make sure no one takes advantage of my children.” With a twinkle in her eye she motioned towards Charlie’s stomach. “And my grandchildren.”
    04-29-17_10-10-44c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Charlie blinked in surprise. “How did you know?” Mika got up and chucked. “There are only three women in this house that can still have children and I clean the bathrooms.” The two women walked the rest of the way in silence.
    04-29-17_10-11-27c2a0pm.png?w=680
    That night when Mika was getting ready for bed she felt complete. Her task on this earth has been finished. She established a foundation her descendants would build upon.
    04-29-17_11-26-41c2a0pm.png?w=680
    When she got into bed she knew that when she closed her eyes there was no waking up. “She looked to her left where James was already snoring. “Take your time love. Don’t join me too soon.” Mika closed her eyes and felt her life slipping away. And for the first time ever she felt at peace.
    04-29-17_11-45-05c2a0pm.png?w=680

...And there it is. Two weeks of work, or 1,142 words to be exact. I cried while writing and screeshotting. especially screenshotting. I love this character so so much, but her time has come. I played this sim for a really long time, from the beginning of her wonder child challenge to this point in the apocalypse. Best main character ever.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Thanks for the tissue warning! I needed it! It's so sad to see her go, and I'm sure you're upset too with everything she's been through
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Great chapter! You pulled me in with the begining. I so wanted to see the knowledge passed to Charlie. Too bad Mika won't be around anymore to give her more lessons. :'( I will miss her, you wrote her so brilliantly, I loved her bad-a*ss personality. I hope Charlie will become at least as half as tough as her. There's definitely a potential (and the genes!). Loved seeing Victor and his new wife. Please, just don't let Victor be a doormat. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    :'( I am sad to see Mika go.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Poor Mika! She'll be missed for sure! Gladly she has no unfinished business, it makes her dead a lot more peaceful!!
  • Options
    @Broncos4life I cried taking the last few screenshots. I love this character so much! :'(

@Maladi777 Mika was a total bad*ss and super fun to write! Charlie is a special case. She does have potential, but she is no Mika Coleson. She's a tough one to follow up :) I had a lot of fun with the scene between Victor and Lily. I wanted to show off the diffrent aspects of Lily's personality because she will become a bigger character later in the series.

@Skcaga6 So am I! sadly, no one lives forever...

@Sterretjeee I felt like she deserved a peaceful death after all I've put her through.
  • Options
    franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Tears for Mika. Love the way you wrapped up things for Mika and gave her a peaceful ending. Great chapter!!! I look forward to reading about Charlie.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Ah so sad but loved the end. I just hate losing some of my sims they grow on me.
  • Options
    Hey guys! The reason there was no chapter is actually not as depressing this time around. The story is moving to It´s own Weebly blog! The wonderful @Maladi777 savior of simlit is helping me set it up. We are busy moving chapters over. The next one will be released on the blog when we are done. We have about a third done, So I look forward to showing the product in the coming weeks :)
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez That's amazing! Can't wait to see how it'll turn out.
    What made you decide to switch from the forums? :)
  • Options
    Well, the recent picture purge is one of the main reasons. Though I wasn't effected It made me realize a simple change could crash my whole story in a matter of seconds. other ones include being allowed to swear and it being more fitting for my story's darker themes. The final straw was @Maladi777 offering to help me as a birthday gift, which I gladly accepted :)
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I'm finally caught up! Sorry it took me some time. I must say I love your story. I thought it was going to play as a apocalyptic Romeo and Juliet but I guess I was wrong there ha! I really like Charlie and Damien as characters and I hope they can each make this work as best as they can. I feel like you either love or hate Mika. Because of her relationship with Tony I'm sadly on the hate side. But that's what makes a story interesting, rooting for the good guys while waiting for the bad guys to fail. I like James and feel the way Mika treated him or kind of ignores him played a big part in me not liking her. Overall I'm so glad I'm finally caught up on this!!! I'm super excited to see where this is going :#
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    @swcheppes Thank you for reading it! no Romeo and Juliet here, ha! Originally that was going to be Charlie and Damien's story, but the wasn't having it. Charlie kept rejecting Damien, so I took the hint and made their story even more complicated then it was going to be. :)
    Personally, I love Mika. though I am a little biased. She and Tony were not something I had planned either. It just kind of happend. I let the characters speak and this was the outcome. The whole point of Mika's story is to show the world is not as black and white as you might think; which makes it deliciously complicated. James is a good character, and I would've given him a bigger part if he wasn't away all the time. James is in the buisness career, which is very difficult and time consuming. So once again, game wasn't having it. Mika does love him. He was her first love, just not her only one. :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ok, this is a bit late, about 2 months but this story is amazing. I don't really have a favourite character though, they all have their thing that makes them great. I'm going to go reread it so my opinion is fresh in my brain that way it's not all from distant memory of everything that happened in the story. :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone! As some of you may have noticed, July fourth marks the first anniversary of this story! I can't beleive its been over a year! Anyway, as you guys know I have been on Hiatus for the past two months or so. I was simply going to take a few weeks to transfer to the new blog, but then school decided to bury me in work. I am sorry for making you guys wait for such a long time. but the wait is finally over. With lots of help from the AMAZING @Maladi777 We have completed the blog!! A new chapter will be up saturday, but for now you can re-read some old stuff and make googly eyes at Maladi's awesome work.

http://thegeekgamez.weebly.com/
  • Options
    Here we have it! the first chapter on the blog. and it's a song chapter!

http://thegeekgamez.weebly.com/226.html

07-15-17-7-19-23-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited July 2017
    Aww :) that was beautiful. Though I have to say that I probably wasn't as much moved by the song as i should cause I still have a ear worm from a different song.
    And a really nice blog :)

In the spoiler is the song if you are interested in what I was listening before reading your chapter.