Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, make GTW hospital nurses MOVE and do something!

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sorry for thread necroing but its January the next year and this is STILL an issue. Makes the profession almost unplayable in some ways and frustrating in the others.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    I feel like their needs to be structure in this expansion pack. I work in a hospital so how about this.
    When the nurses arrive they will work on new patient assessments, such as asking questions, checking their weight, blood pressure, fill in information about the patients in their medical charts and report it to the doctor to see the patient. Nurses must complete at least 3 patient assessments a day each taking at least about an hour or so.
    (Also, nurses can't cure patients, only doctors can. Please fix this EA)
    Nurses then take lunch break
    And get back to work. After lunch they must complete the goal of getting the assessments done if they haven't done so already.
    Now since we can finally see and control what our sims are doing at work. We can finally deternine how hard our sims will work. By working extra hard a sim nurse can get at least 4 assessments done without taking their lunch break, by working hard they can get 3 assessments done during the day without taking lunch break, by working normal they can get 3 assessments done and take lunch and fulfill their needs, by slacking off they can get at most 2, or no assessments done, take a longer lunch break, have fun at work
    Which will result in a write up, 3 write ups and out that sim goes.

But please EA. Sanitizing hands at work? Give me a break.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I believe there is a mod for that but i agree EA should do something about it.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    I'm afraid all we can hope for is a stable enough version of Sims 4 for Pescado to fix, as he's always done...either him or the team that took over for Twallan's mods. Pretty shameful when a game publisher lets a third party fix their games instead of doing it themselves...
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I'm afraid all we can hope for is a stable enough version of Sims 4 for Pescado to fix, as he's always done...either him or the team that took over for Twallan's mods. Pretty shameful when a game publisher lets a third party fix their games instead of doing it themselves...

Who took over for twallan??
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    Re-necroing. This is so frustrating. I just got G2W and I was hoping to beable to have fun at work. (I dilike my sims disapearing in rabbit hole careers.

I understand that maybe the game makers dont want the npc's to compete with your sims tasks. But just make algorithims for them to do tasks, and exclude tasks that are currently important for the players career level. -,- I know nothing of programing, but even if the npc's were lazy or slow, as long as they DID at least something work realated it would be amazing.

As a side note, I cant bring my self to 'praise work ethic', lol makes me nautious if I even think of clicking it.
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Don't even get me started on this! This is one thing I can't stand about the sims 4 is how the NPC's and even my own sims just stand around doing nothing when I want them to do something. I love the sims 4 and I play it all the time.. but this is just too annoying
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I feel like once your doc advances to the next task table, the interns and nurses should take over those prior duties. Like mopping the floor and cleaning up. I hate that they stand right next to the patients just chit chatting, because when my Doc tries to treat that patient he/she has to go through the hassle of trying to get the attending out of the way so the Doc can do their job.

My interns are jiffy on the spot to make a bed tho, which will cause a new patient to take over said bed while I am having my sim's current patient do a treadmill test in the same room. Then I have to be a meanie and kick them out of the bed.

I wish I could lock patient doors.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    SproutbeanSproutbean Posts: 11 New Member
    Right? I hope in a future patch they'll make it so the other employees in active career venues actually DO something. If not, I hope someone is able to make a mod that does this. I don't like feeling like my sim is the only person running the hospital
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If I'm lucky enough to get an orderly who does the mopping and picking up trash, at least please make the nurse on duty do some of the things like take temp. etc. then they can transfer the case to my doctor. Doesn't that make more sense once my doctor is the head of the hospital? :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited August 2017
    TBH I wish the patients would just sit down, instead of crowding in front of the reception area and watch TV or something. Also wish the nurses would at least send them to the open exam tables. So my sim doesn't have to keep everyone waiting.
  • Options
    DragonIce851DragonIce851 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd love to know why trash randomly appears all over the hospital, and I have to be the one to throw it away. Nurses make beds, but I've never seen anyone but my player character fixing broken equipment. Oddly enough, scientists do this all the time at that lot.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2017
    It is quite annoying when nurses are blocking patients from being treated. I feel like the entire hospital staff are useless, I wish the receptionist would actually interact with patients at the front desk and the other doctors that may be on the lot don't even take care of patients. We shouldn't have to rely on mods either for things to work properly.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    StepsSteps Posts: 4 New Member
    During game play, as my sim moved up the medical career I noticed other Sims at least doing some of the cleaning/repairing. The nurse that works there now that my sim is a surgeon just stands in the lobby, never does ANYTHING, doesn't even go to the bathroom.
  • Options
    StepsSteps Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Steps said:
    > During game play, as my sim moved up the medical career I noticed other Sims at least doing some of the cleaning/repairing. The nurse that works there now that my sim is a surgeon just stands in the lobby, never does ANYTHING, doesn't even go to the bathroom.

I had to debug the nurse. It worked. But I still have to admit my own patients. :)
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Im just installing doctor career reimagined mod, the staff still does nothing but at least the patients will sit and watch tv while waiting instead standing in front of receptionist.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The only three sims who actually do "Anything" in my game is the Doctor, the receptionist and my sim. The orderlies just stand around like a turkey staring up at rain.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    All I want is for nurses to admit the patients. That's the least they could do.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2018
    Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-06%2Bat%2B10.33.30.png

Still same here. I don't know which one is a doctor and which one is a nurse.. My doctor sim does cleaning the floor with his freewill.. I stop him doing the cleaning stuff but he keeps doing after finishing the treatment.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    It always bothered me the last person through the door would be the first person in line. Sorry, go sit down and (please) wait your turn. That would so irk me at my real hospital and as a matter of fact it did. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Arya_Stark_2Arya_Stark_2 Posts: 10 New Member
    My nurse, can't even follow her to work to do a duty list. How do I follow her?
  • Options
    My nurse, can't even follow her to work to do a duty list. How do I follow her?

You should be getting a notice it's time to go to work and do you want to go with the Sim. You click yes. If you aren't getting the notice then maybe repair your game.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Using these careers is like walking in knee deep mud. You can never go fast enough and what you do is never good enough.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I only just recently made it to the top of the doctor career and one time I followed my sim to work and the nurse actually checked in people from the line but every time I went to run tests (x-ray, treadmill) with the patient they'd check in another patient and the new patient would have their bed So the patient I was working on never got to get back into bed because all the beds were full and as soon as someone got up for tests the bed wasn't empty for long. It's all very frustrating. and if she's not doing that she's playing games on the work computer or just standing out in the lobby.
  • Options
    eleanor785646eleanor785646 Posts: 5 New Member
    Its april 2020 and still nurses do nothing! ... almost a year later ... I am thankful for the orderly ... but please have the desk lady assign ppl to beds ... I'd love an option for nurses where u can ask them to do something like take temps ... I don't mind the talky talky cause I figure it's to keep ppl happy while waiting but if I'm at dr status I'm the nurses boss so I should be able to tell them what to do...