Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, make GTW hospital nurses MOVE and do something!

Is it really by design that the Nurse working in the hospital just stands in front of one patient all day, blocking you from interacting with or treating them? This has always happened since GTW was released. It's absurdly obnoxious and badly design. It blocks your Doctor sim from doing their job on at least one patient.

Why can't they go and admit patients to beds? Why can't they just move at all? At least the receptionist, which doesn't do anything either, stays out of the way and has an answering phones animation. The nurse just doesn't do anything but get in your way and cause route fails.

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    VilyaEleni wrote: »
    Is it really by design that the Nurse working in the hospital just stands in front of one patient all day, blocking you from interacting with or treating them? This has always happened since GTW was released. It's absurdly obnoxious and badly design. It blocks your Doctor sim from doing their job on at least one patient.

Why can't they go and admit patients to beds? Why can't they just move at all? At least the receptionist, which doesn't do anything either, stays out of the way and has an answering phones animation. The nurse just doesn't do anything but get in your way and cause route fails.

I agree. There should be more interaction. They should be able to do things that your sim did at the job stage. Like when My sim has to diagnose patients and examine them with the X-ray etc, She doesn't have time to admit patients to their beds. Or sometimes doesnt have time to get to all the patients and it would be helpful if the nurses could treat a diagnosed patient or atleast run tests. But they are just there...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    VilyaEleniVilyaEleni Posts: 72 Member
    I wouldn't even care if he were just a decorative illusion as long as he'd move and stop blocking my job. ;)
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The nurses and other NPCs are just there for illusion. Virtually, the entire game is centered around that kind of thing, where everything that happens is just to give you the fake impression that this is a lively world, when it is not.

I would have liked to see legitimate, actual reasons to communicate and work with those other NPCs in the hospital, but the only use they have is completing a checklist in the corner of your screen. That's mobile-like gameplay; no depth whatsoever.

You're absolutely right :/
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    That bugged me too! I think if the center screen was not in the room that your Sim would be able to go around the nurse and interact with the patient. It also bothered me that when you try to put the patient back in bed after a test, that 75% of the time my Sim would pick a bed already occupied. Really annoying.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Here is a fun thing to do: acquire a simray gun that has been upgraded and then use at work to make coworkers do stuff. Bwahahahahah

who said scientists should have all the fun? bwahahahahahah!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    Here is a fun thing to do: acquire a simray gun that has been upgraded and then use at work to make coworkers do stuff. Bwahahahahah

who said scientists should have all the fun? bwahahahahahah!

I never thought of that. I might give that a try. Or at least freeze the nurse and get him/her out of the way. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't even care if he were just a decorative illusion as long as he'd move and stop blocking my job. ;)
    I don't understand why they don't just step aside when you want them to. In Sims 3 (sorry but it's true and when it was possible back then it must be possible now, no excuses) you can order any non active character to quit doing something. And when they're just standing in the way doing nothing, they'll step aside when your sim needs to be where they are standing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Last time I went to work with my "doctor" (lev. 5), the nurse cleaned the beds, mopped puddles and checked in a few patients.
    I was pleasantly surprised!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I haven't worked in the doctor career in a while because I found it so frustrating to have all these tasks to do and then just have this massive line of people crowded at the front that I also had to check in while cleaning beds and mopping puddles and doing everything else as my colleagues just stood around. Something to alleviate this would be to assign certain tasks to certain job titles so patients are getting checked in etc and then get rid of the checklists. Every action I do at work that's related to my job should increase my status bar... especially if I am going to have to do every task to get through the day. I can't very well treat a patient until the bed is made and a new one is checked in, but wait... I don't get credit for those actions because of the checklist. Though I enjoy the careers, they all need to be improved in little ways.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    Marley V wrote: »
    Last time I went to work with my "doctor" (lev. 5), the nurse cleaned the beds, mopped puddles and checked in a few patients.

I will probably faint the day I see the other Sims check a Sim into a bed. I know they clean when they get done with their talking sometimes, but I have yet to see anyone but my Sim lead other Sims to the beds. And I have put several Sims through the entire doctor career before it glitched out recently.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    VilyaEleniVilyaEleni Posts: 72 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they don't just step aside when you want them to. In Sims 3 (sorry but it's true and when it was possible back then it must be possible now, no excuses) you can order any non active character to quit doing something. And when they're just standing in the way doing nothing, they'll step aside when your sim needs to be where they are standing.

Yeah, best I've found is the "Go Away" under the Mean interactions...
  • Options
    Marley V wrote: »

What! Checking patients in! I would of died and gone to heaven. Maybe the nurses and orderly are just lazy in my game lol the most the orderly have done is make the bed. And thats even a rarity.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2016
    Here, here! That darn nurse just sidles up to one patient and starts yacking, and does that for the whole freakin' shift! I mean, can't the nurse autonomously mop up some puddles or go eat in the break room or something? Anything! Just quit with the Chatty Kathy act already.

...Or, in the words of the great Markiplier, "SHUT UP, NURSE!"
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I conceptually like GTW but I notice coworkers are just there to stand and do nothing. It really takes the fun away, the illusion o lively working place is destroyed.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Honestly, the chances of Maxis actually going back to fix their mind-numbingly dull gameplay are miniscule. If you're not opposed to mods, coolspearl at MTS has made some great ones for the Scientist and most recently, the Medical career that might actually make it worth playing for you.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579215
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    This is one of my main disappointments with GTW. The hospital staff is mainly useless. Seems like they do nothing but take selfies and socialize.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    That and also the cops at the station

Yes, the only time they move is if you let a prisoner out, then several come over to stand too close to the cell (in the way) like to say oh, hey, were we supposed to fingerprint that guy? Or hey, why are you letting them out? We better stand here and see what you are doing.
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think it's not a bug but as designed! Maybe @SimGuruNick or @SimGuruEugi can clarify this? :)

But yeah this career need some tweaking!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

You've just described half of my real life coworkers.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's sad by the way that my experience in the science career is different: the colleagues of my sim are constantly doing things. The difference with the medical career (I can imagine, haven't played it yet) is that in the science career it's only decorative (mind you, that doesn't make it less important), where in the medical career by the sound of it you could really use a few hands.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Hermai wrote: »
    I conceptually like GTW but I notice coworkers are just there to stand and do nothing. It really takes the fun away, the illusion o lively working place is destroyed.

I like the concept of following my Sims at work, but EA has proven that they are unable to execute such a concept sufficiently. They were able to provide only THREE instances of following our Sims at work, each one of them with very poor simulation, gameplay, and design.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like the concept of following my Sims at work, but EA has proven that they are unable to execute such a concept sufficiently. They were able to provide only THREE instances of following our Sims at work...

...and the ability for sims to run and own businesses and run a photo studio. Yes?
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    Yes! They just sit around! It's so stupid!!! And the detectives just browse the web!!! LIKE WHAT THE HECK?! :s
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM