Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various Build Challenge

hannahvs3hannahvs3 Posts: 211 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Welcome to my first build challenge!

It's called various because I couldn't decide what kind of build challenge I wanted to make. So it's a bit of everything!
Sometimes, I will give you a story to build a house but I can also just give you a shell and a theme. Or just a Sim with a theme. Or something else. It's a surprise!
Suggestions to the challenge are always welcome.

General rules
- Everyone can enter!
- I will start a new challenge every two weeks.
- You are allowed to use moveobjects, showhiddenobjects, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement.
- You are NOT allowed to use CC/Mods.
- You are allowed to use: Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa day, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.

Entry form
Challenge number:
Origin ID:
Name of build:
Images (2-5 pictures):

Please upload it with #variousbuildchallenge and mention the challenge number in the description!
You can find the shells/sims on my gallery. Origin ID: hannahvs3
Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
Various build challenge
Post edited by hannahvs3 on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Challenge 05

There's a shell this time.
    o089jd.png
    This house is supposed to fit an lesbian couple who are expecting a child, the gender isn't revealed yet. The couple exist of two hard working women. They both need a place to work on their computer and a place to work out. They don't really like colours so don't use too much colour in the house. They also really like a big and nice garden with a lot of flowers and a pool area to relax after a long day of work.

Rules:
    - Date of End: September 11, 2016.
    - Budget: No budget because I secretly hate budgets when I build ;p
    - Lot size: 20x30
    - No basements.
    - You may change everything expect for the outside walls.
    - You may change the roof/remove the roof.
    - You may change the fence to an half wall or an other fence.
    - You aren't allowed to build extra walls on the outside.
    - You aren't allowed to build a foundation.
    - You aren't allowed to change the wall height.

Always feel free to ask me something if you're not sure if it's allowed!
    Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    List of Winners

Challenge 04: The suburban house for the rich Wellington family.
    The winner is: @Lesamith , Congrats! I really liked the shape of the house and the little balcony in the front. <3 I also loved the double terrace in the back!
    @popettypop2012: I really liked the from door area and the style of the house! I loved the symmetric aspects! There was however no place to sit outside and there was a big empty room but that may have something to do with the packs I don't have..

Challenge 03: The house for a couple - with shell.
    The winner is: @steskens , Congrats! I really liked the dark colour scheme! I also loved the spacious dining/kitchen area and the car parked outside. Also really nice outside dining/bbq area with the lower part for gardening. <3

@PetiteTaurus I really liked the spacious looking kitchen and the purple wallpaper! Also really nice floral roof part on the roof terrace :) There was however no gate from the path to the garden/pool area.
    @gmcrozier Really nice roof with the 'hole' on above the garden terrace :) I also really liked the garden with the higher terrace. Also really neat kitchen!

Challenge 02: Ultimate bachelor house for the ladies man, Wayne Hernandez.
    The winner is: @masajo , Congrats! I loved the colour scheme! You did however use some things from perfect patio, that pack isn't allowed. I really liked how you didn't see the kitchen at first sight. And I also liked what you did on the outside with the little terraces around on the 1st floor :)

@gmcrozier You also used the perfect patio stuff. I really liked what you did with the garden and the upstairs terrace! Also really nice roof!
    @steskens I really liked the roof going around the corner! Also really nice wall patterns outside and beautiful pool with those half walls and glass fences!

Challenge 01: Old factory turned into home for Samantha Parker.
    The winner is: @gmcrozier , Congrats! I really liked the balcony and it was interesting that there's no corridor upstairs. The kitchen was also really nice, there were however a few items from different packs. I'll look past that this time but please only use the allowed packs next time :)

@steskens I really liked your dining room and kitchen!
    @Cianan It was really good that you used those old factory items :)
    @chips46 Beautiful garden thing, it has a name but I forgot, the octagonal thing. Also nice choice of stairway and I liked the painting room.
    @LeahBOO I really liked what you did with the roof and the grey stone wallpaper :)
    @PetiteTaurus Really nice porch and garden!
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome building challenge! I'll participate when I have time. :)
  • Options
    @pronterus I hope you'll have time to enter! :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @hannahvs3 do you need to make a sim as well with this challenge? and I've bookmark this. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @chips46 No not this time, maybe in one of the future challenges. Are you going to enter the challenge? :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @hannahvs3 ok no sims I got one going at the moment but I 'll see if I can squeeze this in for you but I will try. :)
  • Options
    @chips46 I hope you get it all done in time! :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @steskens Good luck! I'm excited to see your entry!
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @steskens Yes, you can change the roof.
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    LaughingJackLaughingJack Posts: 18 Member
    This looks like a fun challenge! I'll have to enter if I have the time.
  • Options
    @LaughingJack I'm glad to hear that it sounds like fun to you! :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @steskens Your entry looks great! I'll download and look at it tonight or tomorrow :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Factory Modern is very nice! :) The dormers and brown brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks great! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The flower boxes are nice touches on the windows. The pond looks great! The plants and rocks look nice on the edges of the water.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen and dining area looks nice. The type of dining chairs used suits the type of home. The flowers look pretty on the dining table. The kitchen wall clock is a nice home touch. The lady bird looks cute in the baby room! The toiletries look nice on the baby changing table. Nice fireplace sitting nook for sims to relax there watching tv. The different sized leafy pictures are nice touches on the living area wall. The study desk nook in the master bedroom is nice for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table and using the computer. The outdoors dining patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals at the table in the outdoors air. The harvestable planters look great placed between the hedging and floral greenery looks very nice on the wall there.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    CiananCianan Posts: 10 New Member
    This seems fun! I just uploaded a build for the first challenge - I've never done a challenge before, so please let me know if I've done anything wrong :smile:!

Entry form
    Challenge number: 02
    Origin ID: cluuford
    Name of build: Warehouse Conversion
    Images (2-5 pictures): I just joined the forum so I can't post links or images :(, but I created an imgur album at imgur dot com /a/oGoDy
  • Options
    LesamithLesamith Posts: 278 Member
    Holy cow, the builds for this challenge so far are brilliant! I have to say, I am mighty tempted to join this and give it a try.... <3
  • Options
    @PetiteTaurus I'd really like to see your entry!

@Cianan Your entry looks really nice! I've already downloaded it and put it in the build challenge world :)
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    hannahvs3 wrote: »
    Challenge 01

Rules:
    - Date of End: July 3rd 2016.
    - Budget: No budget this time!
    - Lot size: 30x20
    - You can't change the walls/ the shell.
    - You can't change the wall height.
    - You can change the roof.
    - You can change the floor inside (make a hole where you can see the other floors).
    - You can build/remove walls inside of the shell.
    - You can change the floors patterns/wall patterns.
    - You can change the doors/windows.
    - You are allowed to do some exterior decorations.
    - Always feel free to ask me something if you're not sure if it's allowed!

Okay, before I get started on this, I wanted to clarify a couple of things. That way there is no confusion at all whilst I'm working on this. :blush:

1- We aren't allowed to change the outer walls, does this mean shape/wallpaper or both? I've seen that some builders have changed the outer wallpaper, but I wanted to make sure that that is okay.

2 - We are allowed to do exterior decorations, does this mean we can add a porch or entryway of some sort? If not that's okay. I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
  • Options
    @PetiteTaurus You are allowed to change the wallpaper, just not the shape of the wall. You are also allowed to make a porch or something. Good luck with your entry!
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    @hannahvs3 - Thank you so very much my lovely! I appreciate it! I'm off to do some decorating/build for this challenge. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cianan wrote: »
    This seems fun! I just uploaded a build for the first challenge - I've never done a challenge before, so please let me know if I've done anything wrong :smile:!

Entry form
    Challenge number: 02
    Origin ID: cluuford
    Name of build: Warehouse Conversion
    Images (2-5 pictures): I just joined the forum so I can't post links or images :(, but I created an imgur album at imgur dot com /a/oGoDy

imgur.com/a/oGoDy

ZXvzkmx.jpg

2fPcrSx.jpg
    XmKXRGK.jpg
    4RKs1Ff.jpg
    acW1fs8.jpg

• Options
    Your home is very nice! @Cianan :) Very nice exterior of the home! The greenery looks very nice on the exterior walls! The plants and flowers look nice along the edges of the wall. The type of windows used looks nice. Very nice outdoors dining and pool patio! Sims will have have fun swimming in the pool and enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them poolside at the table in the sunshine. The lit white tree looks very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall texture looks very nice and suits the theme of the bulld well. Very nice loft bedroom! Sims will have great views through the bedroom windows. Nice cornrr armchair sitting nook. The books on the ground and bedside table, and the candles and camera on the window table are nice touches there. Very nice open plan layout of the kitchen, living and dining area. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating a meal. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area for sims to relax there and watch tv. The orange circles floor patterning gives a great look to the area! The shoes rack is a nice home touch. The fruit bowl and tea bags look great on the kitchen counter.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • Options
    CiananCianan Posts: 10 New Member
    @steskens thank you! Yours is lovely too - I love the red brick!

@hannahvs3 and @rosemow thank you ^_^