Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Cutest Couple Comp ♥ | CONCLUDED!!! See Finale Vid ;)

JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Cutest_logo_01_zps96zd2y0c.png

"We are searching for Sim City's cutest couple! Is it you?! Contestants will compete in a series of couple-based challenges, from everyday things to special occasions, but only two lovebirds will win. This comp focuses more on the journey of each challenge, and less on the technicalities of photography and editing. Duos will need to captivate us with their unique photos that embody who they are as a couple."

xx
@Jellysimwich
@krissybogey

couples_zpsme1maaej.png

canon_zpstgadfj1y.png
- The Sims 4 only.
- Couples must be made by you.
- Must be romantic pairings such as: Male/Female, MM, or FF.
- Any race, body shape, and personal style allowed.
- Poses may be interactive (couples engaged) or non-interactive (couples doing their own thing).
- CC optional.
- Photoshop optional but do not edit sim, except, to cut/paste and to add lighting/shadowing.
- Couples Profile and Farewell Message must be completed to participate.
- Challenge entries in landscape format and not portrait format!
landscape%20vs%20portrait_zpsr9wcxvqt.jpg

etiquette_zpsplandhz7.png
- Please don't hijack thread asking about CC. Inbox that person privately.
- If you don't have anything kind or helpful to contribute, then please, keep it to yourself.

compsetup_zpserzqi3gx.png
- Challenges incorporate some roleplay. So channel your sims and play along!
- First challenge round is a non-elimination and may be started on after completing the Couples Profile and Farewell Message.
- The non-elimination challenge round will still get critiqued but no counting score.
- Following challenge rounds 2 - 9 will eliminate one couple.
- Eliminated couples will have an opportunity to say their goodbyes to the competition with a farewell message.

prizes_zpst2belksk.png
- A Cutest Couple token for siggy keepsake.
- (3) exclusive model-esque poses, functional for both genders but intended for female physique, by @Jellysimwich.

Terms of Use for Poses
Poses were made solely as a prize for this comp. I retain creative ownership of poses and do not grant permission for them to be privately shared or publicly uploaded. Thank you for understanding and enjoy! :blush: Click thumbs for larger pix. *Note, sim shown not available for download.

th_af01_zpsupk6y5sb.png th_af02_zpsclwqaveh.png th_af03_zpswyuhskgx.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    coupleset02a_zps9zgoyoeb.png

couplesprofile_zpspc3mcpzk.png

**ENSURE YOU'VE READ THE ENTIRE FIRST POST!**
    - This must be completed in order to participate.
    - Submit only ONE image of your couple together.
    - Couple may be shown partial body or full body.
    - Couple may be posed or doing something.
    - Couple may have any gameplay background or Google backdrop.
    - Your image needs to accompany the form below.
    - Copy and paste this form into thread and tag @Jellysimwich
    [b]Simmer ID:[/b]

[b]Name of partner 1:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Occupation:[/b]
    [b]Sim City town:[/b]
    [b]Which sim are you in the photo?[/b]

[b]Name of partner 2:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Occupation:[n]
    [b]Sim City town:[/b]
    [b]Which sim are you in the photo?[/b]

[b]Are you dating, engaged, or married?[/b]
    [b]How did you meet?[/b]
    [b]What makes you the 'cutest couple' ever?[/b]

farewell_zpsuvdvyavu.png
    It's every hopeful's dream to reach for the stars and succeed, but unfortunately, only one couple will be so lucky. Upon elimination, you'll have the opportunity to say goodbye to the competition with a farewell message and a fun photo.

**ENSURE YOU'VE READ THE ENTIRE FIRST POST!**
    - Fun photo must be completed in order to participate.
    - Take only ONE image of your couple together.
    - Do not post this image in thread! This needs to be sent privately to my inbox!
    - All Do & Don't leniences from 'couples profile' apply.
    - Don't fill out form below. It will be attached to challenge 2 and onward. It must be completed for every round!
    [b]Simmer ID:[/b]

[b]Names of both sims:[/b]

[b]What did you enjoy about this challenge round?[/b]
    [b]What is one thing you've learnt as a couple?[/b]
    [b]Any encouraging last words for your fellow competitors?[/b]

• Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    contestants_zpsqraesxbo.png
    @Spottydog714
    - Couples Profile
    - Farewell message pending! (Please send privately x)
    @fabtiffsim
    - Couples profile
    - Farewell message RECEIVED!
    @KenzRe
    - Couples profile
    - Farewell message pending! (Please send privately x)
    @princess2109
    - Couples profile
    @doicky96
    - Couples profile
    @remi_narrow
    - Couples Profile
    @Jendowoz0612
    - Couples profile
    @Alexis3142
    - Couples profile
    @CitizenErased14
    - Couples profile
    Post edited by Jellysimwich on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    currentchallenge_zpsotsf76ko.png

We are nearing the end! Only two more rounds left before we announce the winning couple! And with only three couples left, the odds are getting better and better, so stick around and let's do this!

CHALLENGE:

For this challenge we are tying the knot! You and your partner (whether married, not married, don't want to get married) will be doing a photoshoot of your ideal mock wedding ceremony. You are free to coordinate whatever colour scheme you wish and whatever attire you want, however, you must incorporate the traditional saying of: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. (You may adapt this phrase into whatever literal sense you wish but the more outside the box you think the easier it'll be...)

17f1aacf-0271-4c39-ae9f-799096a055e8rs_768.jpg
    new13.jpg
    Ashton-Gardens-Wedding-Ceremony-Bride-Groom.jpg
    1372343734498-willow-barn-weddings.jpg

Criteria
    - No farewell message needed because I think it's too demanding for y'all to keep up with!
    - Wedding ceremony may be traditional, unconventional, or completely alternative.
    - May be indoors or outdoors
    - Background must be in gameplay
    - Must incorporate: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

DEADLINE: October 31

Tag me or inbox me if you have questions or issues. xx Jelly
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    scores_zpsixsw82c6.png

Well done, couples! You have made it to the final rounds! Everyone who remains standing deserves to be here and I'm continuously blown away by the incredible improvements made round after round! This particular round stunned me! Each entry was very strong and the captions were lovely. Unfortunately, with a heavy heart, we must wave farewell to our fellow competitor @doicky96 who is unable to further compete. We will miss you and your gorgeous couple!

Now, onto scores... This remains an elimination round!

Highest score is 12.

Aesthetically pleasing = 4
    First impression.

Candy land adaptation = 4
    Is it colourful? Sweet and delectable?

Overall creativeness = 4
    Uniqueness and relativity of chosen poses/interactions, and level of creativity.

@Jendowoz0612
    neon%20comp%20-%20final_zpsnfb1qmy3.png

This is really a beautiful marriage between a well chosen backdrop and wisely proportioning your couple. In addition to the immediate WOW factor upon first impression -- I love that you decided to go full on with not just pastel colours but neon colours, as well.

Great execution. Everything comes together seamlessly. There is no question that this is a paradise of sweetness. The caption was hilarious, by the way, I actually had a good laugh.

Overall creativeness = 3
    Docking some points here for not utilising full body shots and I would have liked to see a bit more in-game incorporated with the image backdrop. But otherwise, this remains a solid piece, in addition I think the ice creams were done perfectly.

Score = 11/12

@CitizenErased14
    KLL2iVS.png

Aesthetically pleasing = 3
    Very nice photoshoot right off the bat. The colours really pop and keep your eyes interested. My only suggested would be to better centre your couple as the left side seems heavy weighted.

On point. This is the epitome of what a candyland, or perhaps a yellow brick road leading to candyland, would look like. Your couple's wardrobe looks like sweets with rainbow sprinkles on them :D This was spot on.

Overall creativeness = 4
    Love the oversized goodies used for this photoshoot! It is really tasty looking, being surrounded by all those treats! I love how the ice cream cones appear to be trees lining the yellow brick road that is fenced by large cupcakes. Brilliant move.

Score = 11/12

@remi_narrow
    round-5.jpg

This is very satisfying to look at. The sunset casting a glow on everything, the pastel colour choices; it all comes together flawlessly.

What makes this depiction strong is that you veered away from perhaps the conventional idea of what would be a candy land paradise. This photoshoot captures the very essence of the challenge and yet is unique in its approach.

Overall creativeness = 3
    The enormous cupcakes and the well written caption are just A+. The poses chosen are not only creative but absolutely relevant to the theme. Your couple could be a little more candy-esque in their wardrobe but that's my only complaint.

Score = 11/12

@Spottydog714
    HGeAPgt.jpg

Aesthetically pleasing = 3
    On a first impression basis, this is a very lovely picture to look at. Your couple is the obvious focus here and are very contrasted against the duller background. The caption helps fill in the blanks as to why this moment would represent a 'sweet heaven on earth' so to speak. Having a good laugh during a troubled time can be a momentous occasion and an everlasting treasured memory.

Candy land adaptation = 2
    Without the caption I would not have known that Aaron was pushing a cupcake on her to eat :D I also felt it lacked the essence of what makes a candy land. I think more colours incorporated and visible edibles (pictures or decor) would have stepped this up some notches.

Overall creativeness = 2
    The caption was very creative and played perfectly along side the photoshoot but unfortunately the focus is on the picture itself. I really wanted to see a lot more going on in terms of seeing your couple enjoying their 'candy paradise'. Their wardrobe does look peppermint and minty, and does capture some 'sweetness'.

Score = 7/12

---

Great job everyone! Everyone has improved so much since the early rounds. I am taken back in awe every time I get your entries in. I hate having to eliminate such fine couples, but unfortunately, this is the name of the game. Per results, we will be waving a warm goodbye to our fellow competitor @Spottydog714. We will miss your lovely couple and the beautiful captions they've shared with us! Thank you so much for your participation <3 xx

Stay tuned couples...we have just a couple more rounds left!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    winners_zpshachj722.png

None.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    finale_zpsewodil6k.png

None.
  • Options
    reserved_zpstdd6r8yi.png
    Post 9
  • Options
    reserved_zpstdd6r8yi.png
    Post 10
  • Options
    krissybogeykrissybogey Posts: 1 New Member
    hi... looking forward to all the couples.
  • Options
    Only need 9 to start! Go here.

@Ash89 @angiessmith @themysticalpoet @madoka @daffdolly @mastressalita @psykt @bobskellington @alexis3142 @lovejess2 @esharpmajor @themysticalpoet @HannaHasSims @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @AmazingAmphy @MaggiSimmer @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @CazzTregurtha @psykt @MissBirdie @AshLenn @Kelebek @abillings1978 @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @IncomingVirus @ladybug65 @NotMeMaggie @Munterbacon @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @Hannie @Maladi777 @EmmaSmile @buydebug @Calico @strawberrigurl @JenLadyBird88 @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @AngiesSmith @Jellysimwich @JennaKatz @ChloeDeCookie @HYSterling @gramatique @Ciarassims @iiimee @Doll_9 @HappyPanda @xCurlySimmerx @Mzsammyrose @XLexisimsX @natastic
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thanks for the tag, but I'm a TS3 player, so... ^_^;; *submits love and support to all future entrants instead*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Thanks for the tag, but I'm a TS3 player, so... ^_^;; *submits love and support to all future entrants instead*

Forgot! Sorry :/

I need to get back to my simlit. I hit a snag (erased some core stuff in game) and had to rebuild a ton of things.
  • Options
    fabtiffsim wrote: »
    hey cool is there a deadline for the first challenge yet? I'm interested!

No deadline. Just trying to get 9 simmers to sign up, get their sims' profiles in, and they can start on the first challenge round. It is a non-elimin :) Then we'll start on official scoring rounds once everyone has completed round 1.
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    This comp looks so good :cry: I would join if I wasn't already pushing my limits with the amount I'm currently in. I'll definitely lurk though and would love to guest judge if you need somebody!
  • Options
    dafadolly wrote: »
    This comp looks so good :cry: I would join if I wasn't already pushing my limits with the amount I'm currently in. I'll definitely lurk though and would love to guest judge if you need somebody!

I am feeling your pain! I am starting to get involved in way too many sim projects myself! Haha.

My two comps can always use guest judges :)
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    It would have been perfect timing too if I wasn't in so many already! :cry: I recently made a boyfriend for one of my model sims and I really adore them. If I get eliminated from something before the apps close, I will definitely join. If not, I'll settle for guest judging this cycle!
  • Options
    dafadolly wrote: »
    It would have been perfect timing too if I wasn't in so many already! :cry: I recently made a boyfriend for one of my model sims and I really adore them. If I get eliminated from something before the apps close, I will definitely join. If not, I'll settle for guest judging this cycle!

We are seriously excited to get this started and see all the lovely couples out there. We know they're out there!
  • Options
    Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Great comp @Jellysimwich :smiley:
    QA8gxZg.png
  • Options
    Ash89 wrote: »

I'll be getting my sim entry in for yours, soon! When do you plan on starting?
  • Options

Hopefully soon! Trying to get at least 2-3 more people to enter :smiley: but you are welcome to go ahead and post <3

QA8gxZg.png
  • Options

Hopefully soon! Trying to get at least 2-3 more people to enter :smiley: but you are welcome to go ahead and post <3

I just realised that my little miss is mostly gonna be vanilla lol. I don't have any CC for my kid sims... Oops.
  • Options

I just realised that my little miss is mostly gonna be vanilla lol. I don't have any CC for my kid sims... Oops.

lololo No worries.It's easy to find :smiley:

QA8gxZg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top