Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♛ LookBook Wars ♛ [CLOSED]

MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
title_zpsxeknzlhq.png

Are you mad about fashion and creating the perfect outfit?
Then this is the competition for you!
Lookbook Wars is a new competition dedicated to fashion in the form of lookbooks.

What is a lookbook?
A lookbook is a set of photographs showing a certain look or collection.

How do I make a lookbook?

A lookbook can be shot in numerous ways, with different lighting, styling and poses, although all of these are subject to what your ‘theme’ is. If I give the theme of ‘Summer florals’ you’ll want brighter lighting, more fluid poses and maybe a summer dress. If I give the theme ‘Gothic’ you’ll want to use a darker palette in your styling and perhaps a moody lighting. The type of background would also depend on your brief, a theme like ‘Monochrome madness’ would probably look best shot in a studio, whereas ‘Boho Chic’ would benefit from being shot out on location on a setting of your choice. But all of these are down to you and your interpretation of the brief! I wont be asking for a whole lookbook but just one look per theme, which you can showcase in various different shots using different angles and poses etc, but will be put together in one image like the examples I have given.

Here are some examples.

2upckth.png2hhfwv8.png
v3q6c0.png6j3rb4.png
All of the examples are found here, take a look for some inspiration if needed!

Minimal editing is required for this competition as the main focus will be on fashion and the ‘look’ that you create and how you put together the lookbook. You will be judged on editing the overall look – but it isn’t necessary to be experienced at editing.

Most rounds there will be an elimination, and plenty of twists! The winner overall will be the face of LookBook Wars for the next season, and will also get a siggie/banner.

rules_zpsd6npwkw9.png

Male and female sims allowed.
Minimal editing will be required.
Sims 4 and sims 3 sims allowed.
Rounds will be 3-4 days depending on how demanding the brief is, and judging will take 1-2 days, but I generally want to keep this fast paced.
No face plastering or photo-skinning.
Extensions of 1 day only, as I want to keep this fairly fast paced but I understand that sometimes it is needed.
And finally, be nice to others! No putting others, or your own work down.

judges_zpsh72v8rtu.png

Scoring Rubric

Styling / 15
Background/location in relation to theme / 5
Editing / 5
Overall look / 5
Requirements / 5
TOTAL / 35

This will be a judged competition. As you can see, the styling will be the main thing that you are scored on as you can gain the most points by choosing the right styling for the theme and the background.

There will be eliminations each round, which will be the model with the lowest score which will be taken from all the scores for each brief added together.

MissBirdie As..
Untitled-2_zpsn9pmxe56.png
Kelebek As..
irene_zpsgsqo719s.png
Penguinwa101 As..
onya_zpsfdzdd8lw.png
Ash89 As..
raynejudgeew_zps61b85wbh.png
“Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016

models_zps37kcfrfg.png

1. Mzsammyrose - Emiko Haruka - App - B1 Dropped Out
    2. Dafadolly - Yuri Ha - App - B1 - B2 Eliminated
    3. Gramatique - Hanako Kuribayashi - App - B1 - B2
    4. Chaos_Fairy - Poppy Fields - App - B1 - B2
    5. BobSkellington - Laurie - App - B1 Eliminated
    6. MizoreYukii - Santana Riveria - App - B1
    7. xJojox - Opel Roth - App - B1 - B2
    8. Lovejess2 - Eva Macardo - App - Dropped Out
    9. AshLenn - Emma Floyd - App - B1
    10. Natastic - Gwyn Li - App - B1 - B2

wall_zpslyajrrqt.png

Name of Model:
    What kind of style does your model have?:
    Describe your model's personality in three words:
    Forum ID:

I would also like a full body shot and a headshot of your model, and the styling needs to reflect his/her personality. Whether they're loud and confident and like wearing patterns.. or sophisticated and elegant and prefer black and white, simple outfits. On a transparent background also, thanks! You will initally be given a score out of 5 for your models overall 'style' in your app, to start off the scoring process.

Post edited by MissBirdie on
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    brief_zpsvgjf8o1o.png

brief3_zpspa74kb9z.png

♛ Examples of summer & fall looks ♛

hm-fall-2010-looks-01.jpgScreen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2000.39.13_zps0r12uxnt.png
    ♛ Stella & Dot logo ♛

Logo 1 Logo 2

Deadline for this brief is 22nd July at 9am GMT

Timer is here
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    results_zpseunr8ywb.png

The winning look for brief 2 is..

Disney Look with Hanako Kuribayashi! ♛

You scored the most points for brief 2 therefore you are our winning look for Disney Look!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%2013.35.13_zpsnvch8blx.png

Unfortunately after adding your previous scores to your scores for brief two, Yuri Ha is the eliminated model! :( Sorry to see you go @dafadolly :(

Score breakdown and comments below, if you have any problems with any of the scores or questions about them, please PM me! :) Also please remember that as a fashion comp, we score and comment based on our own opinions which may not always be agreed with.

Yuri Ha

Onya’s Scores:

12/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Background/location in relation to the theme
    5/ 5 – Editing
    4/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 31/35

Cute! I can definitely see a Poca vibe from this! But it does strike me as off... and maybe it's the color of the peices, to me they look more cream and beige colored when her color scheme is more brown and tan but the pieces you have are so minimalist looking and are PERFECT for Pocahontas. Your accessories are great except... I'm not really feelin' the jacket for some reason... those boots are FEIRCE though! I think another thing that's striking me as off is that I feel maybe a stronger touch of teal(her signature necklace) may have been nice, the necklace you have is GREAT but I think you should have also complimented it with a similar bracelet to keep the flow of blue kinda cycling, FANTASTIC JOB!

Mona’s Scores:

Styling 13.5 / 15
    Background/location in relation to theme 5 / 5
    Editing 4.7 / 5
    Overall look 3.5/ 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 31.7 / 35

I really love your entry, it’s clear it’s a modern take on Pocahontas and you’ve done a real good job with it. The styling works but could work more – her top and skirt on it’s own is something I would invisage her wearing as it’s quite similar to what she does wear in the films, but I don’t like the black and white palette, I feel like you should’ve thrown in some beige or brown to link it to Pocahontas a little more and given it a little hint of the native American culture that Pocahontas represents. Also the addition of the leather jacket and knee high boots which makes her look real badassy is great, which is definitely how I think a modern Pocahontas would be but also adds your own twist to it. The hoop earrings are also very pocahontas-esque and the necklace is similar to the one she wears, overall, the styling I love, but could be improved slightly. The background to me is perfect, Pocahontas is a free-spirited and spiritual character who loves adventure and nature so I love that you kept it simple but stayed true to her character and used a forest, it showcases her well and leads to some opportunities to add that beautiful lighting, which I love. There is a slight jagged edge on her skirt but apart from that the editing is good.. good job!

Irene’s Scores:

13/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    4/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 32/35

Oooh,Pocahontas!Yuri looks beautiful here.Here's my issue;when I see Pocahontas,I do not envision a white dress.Maybe something along the lines of suede leather?The jacket doesn't fit well into the theme either.If her jacket was leather,that would have been a complete score from me.That being said,everything else is nicely done!I love her necklace,and her golden hoops are a nice touch.Her hair looks flawless.And your editing is on point.There are slight jaggies,by her jacket,but they're pretty much invisible in the complete picture.Well done!

Hanako Kuribayashi

Onya’s Scores:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    35/35

I ADORE this! I can 100% can see how Marie inspired this look! Also your background couldn't be more PERFECT! I love that choose her AND you did such a wonderful job being that Marie's primary color scheme is just pink and white. Your accessory work is just phenomenal, the thing I love about this look is that it looks like you incorporated the texture of fur by using puffy and layered peices! 100% slayed this Lookbook!

Mona’s Scores:

Styling 14.9 / 15
    Editing 4.9 / 5
    Overall look 5 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 34. 9 / 35

Wow! Such a fun entry. I love which character you’ve chosen to portray, and you’ve done it justice! The styling is great, the colour palette matches the chosen character, and it also looks like you’ve taken into account how elegant, sassy and fun she is – the bows are so cute and I think are Marie’s signature, so good idea for using them. The gloves give it an elegant feel, and the hairclips and the textured tights and top are a nice touch and give it that playful look, which fits completely. The splash of red is nice to see and adds something a little extra to modernize it from the original character, and also with the styling link to kawaii fashion – it fits really well. Hanako really suits this styling! She pulls it off beautifully. The background is exactly what I would picture a human form of Marie being set in.. it’s really elegant and regal. The editing is great as usual, apart from in the first shot there is a few pink bits on the bottom of the chair that I assume you forgot to erase, or part of her skirt glitching through, but everything else is perfect. Such a great job!

Irene’s Scores:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    35/35

There's nothing to criticize here.As soon as I saw,I knew it was Marie.This is done so well!The quality is beautiful as well.If I was nitpicking,I would say that her dress is slightly going through the couch.
    Great job,I really like this entry. :D

Poppy Fields

Onya’s Scores:

13.7/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 33.7/35

GREAT job! Love how you traded out woody's cow print vest for the poka-dot leggings. You NAILED the color scheme AND SLAYED the accessories, fantastic look! VERY Woody INSPIRED

Mona’s Scores:

Styling 14 / 15
    Editing 5 / 5
    Overall look 4.5 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 34 / 35

I loved this as soon as I saw it, it’s such a good idea! The styling is super cute, I love how you’ve stuck with woody’s colour palette and kept to his style but modernized it slightly with a few added details like the added jewellery and the patterned tights. She looks like a badassy cowgirl, I love it haha. I also like the added emerald colour in her belt which matches her hair bringing the look together nicely. I don’t really have much to say about it other than that! The only thing I will say could be improved is I would like to see a little difference in the styling as I did say it should be INSPIRED by a look and I think although you did add some other things, the main outfit is pretty much the same as woody’s, so I would like to see more of an inspired look instead. The background is really great, fits in with your chosen character and works awesomely for this. Editing is good, nice add of the shadows and the overall image is very bright and vibrant which I love. Real good entry!

Irene’s Scores:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 35/35

It's so hard to judge when there's nothing to judge!Ugh!Everything looks good here.Everything!This was especially creative.The tricky thing about a character lookbook is that you're supposed to make a different look that still ties you back to the theme.You executed this very well!I love the Buzz toy as well.Beautiful job!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Opel Roth

Onya’s Scores:

13/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    3/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 31/35

OK,  you NAILED the characters you picked for this lookbook, but that's just it I feel like you looked TOO much like them (especially Joy & Disgust ) the brief said not to dress like the character (not that I'm saying you intended to do that when you were making these looks) but to dress inspired by the character. But the ONLY reason I'm not docking you points for requirement is because you DID DO 3 CHARACTERS! Lol which is so awesome! Dispite however as a Disney lover this is probably my favorite lookbook edit because they REALLY do look like the emotions. Your editing is also FLAWLESS ( as always lol )

Mona’s Scores:

Styling 14.5 / 15
    Background/location in relation to theme 4 / 5
    Editing 5 / 5
    Overall look 4.5 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 33 / 35

This is a great entry, it made me smile as soon as I saw it. I like the way you took the brief and the idea you had is a pretty unique and creative one, so real good job on that. The styling is simple, but fits the brief and the characters well. I can see that you’ve taken inspiration from the original styling and created your looks based on them, but the one thing I would’ve liked to have seen was something else added to the outfits to make them stand out from the originals and modernize them a bit, maybe a jacket or a bag or something. The background you’ve used is great, but since the movie poster is very similar and it’s not your original idea, I had to dock a point, but the way you’ve used the style of the movie poster for the lookbook is interesting, I like how you included the shots of the shoes in the bubbles. The editing is perfect as usual, good use of shadows and I love the glow around Joy, although there is some glitchy hair in Disgust’s close up where her hand is touching her hair, but other than that I really loved the creativity shown in this entry.

Irene’s Scores:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    4/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 34/35

Eeek!I loved this movie.You portrayed them so well!Joy is glowing like she is supposed to,that was so creative.Something that I would have liked to see is have the character portray their emotions in the looks.Sadness doesn't look sad in her group shot,she looks like the smartie of the group.Editing is nice,the background does make sense with the theme.Beautiful!

Emma Floyd

Onya’s Comments:

13/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    4/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 32/35
    Yas! This look is giving me CHILLS!... get it CHILLS LOL ... anyyyyway... I like this look! You ALMOST nailed her color scheme, Elsa's usually depicted with blue with silver glimmers, but you went with gold accents which is nice, but to me it clashes with the silver accented clutch. The clutch is SO cute thou! And also you nailed the iconic side braid!!! Nice Look!

Mona’s Comments:

Styling 14.9 / 15
    Background/location in relation to theme 3.5 / 5
    Editing 5 / 5
    Overall look 4 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 32.4 / 35

Ooh Elsa! Nicely done. She looks very elegant, the dress is gorgeous and I feel like with the gold accents and the fitted shape of the dress, it definitely modernizes the elsa look, and this is definitely what I would imagine a modern elsa to dress like. You also used the signature hair braid, which I love that you incorporated. The gold choker-like necklace brings all the gold accents together, which works well, and the white nails are a nice, soft touch. I love the added chanel clutch, that alone modernizes it a whole bunch so with the whole outfit, works really well. Overall I think you nailed the styling. The background obviously fits with your character, but the fact that you’ve just taken the film poster background and used it, means it’s not your original idea which I have to dock points for. If I had to pick, I’d note that the clutch glitches out on the bottom left corner when she’s holding it to her chest, and where you’ve cut away the background on your sims there is some cutting out into her right arm. But overall, this is a great look!

Irene’s Comments:

15/ 15 – Styling
    4/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 34/35

Ash,ash...your entry is stunning,like always.Her dress is so beautiful.I love her clutch,it fits so well!Emma looks incredible here.And she's glowing like a goddess (I see you,highlight!)However,I do see a few jaggies and some blurriness on the left.But let's see,everything else is straight up amazing!A job well done.

Santana Riveria

Onya's Comments:

14/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 34/35

Ohhhhhhh! This look is giving me so Jasmine realness and it's SO amazing! You nailed her color scheme! Your accessory work is OUTSTANDING pairing with her gold accents. I think something that may have sent you over the top would but something as simple as hair styling... I feel that maybe a high-ponytail or even a loose pony, OR a braid would have made the overall look in my opinion. AWESOME LOOKBOOK!

Mona's Comments:

Styling 14.5 / 15
    Background/location in relation to theme 4 / 5
    Editing 5 / 5
    Overall look 4 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 32.5 / 35

Stunning look. You can instantly tell you have chosen Jasmin, you’ve gone with her signature colour palette using the green, but the dress you’ve chosen is definitely a modernized Jasmin look with the sheer chest- it works well. I love the reference to Jasmin’s jeweled necklace and also the head piece, with the jewel matching the green and also the headband you’ve chosen using the green colour, and the added gold bracelet is a nice touch as it brings the two colours together nicely. Overall I liked the styling a lot, you really did stay true to Jasmin’s character although I would’ve liked to see something extra to modernize it, maybe a bag or jacket or something. The background I’m not crazy about, although I see where you were going with it I don’t think it looks all that great with the look and misses the wow factor but that’s just me- it definitely fits in with the character and doesn’t detract the attention away from the look.

Irene's Comments:

15/ 15 – Styling
    4/ 5 – Background/location in relation to the theme
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 34/35

Yay!I'm happy someone did Jasmine!Santana looks so pretty here.Her dress is so simple and elegant.Her gold accessories pop beautifully.I'm not crazy about the background.I do wish that she was in a room,one that goes with her Arabian themed room.Or on a balcony with the city behind her,around that theme instead of a plain desert.*Sigh* Everyone is doing such a great job,I just HAVE to nitpick.But this entry,this was done very nicely!Fantastic work. :)

Gwyn Li

Onya's Comments:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 35/35

Yaaaaas!!!!!!!! and Dr. Facilier is NOT forgettable, he's one of my fave Disney villains! 100% love you picked a Disney villain! This look is giving me mistress of of the mystical and I'm in LOVE with it. You effortlessly pulled off his color scheme but it is missing his splash of red. Your accessory work is phenomenal the bones, the hat, the sheer black pullover, those heels!!! Just LOVE this you did a OUTSTANDING job in my opinion!

Mona's Comments:

Styling 14.9 / 15
    Editing 5 / 5
    Overall look 5 / 5
    Requirements 5 / 5
    TOTAL 34.9 / 35

I love that you chose a Disney villain, and you’ve definitely pulled off the villain look! Gwyn oozes attitude and mystery. The styling works, you had to take a male villain and interpret a female version so I think you’ve done that really well, her outfit is definitely sexy and the sheer cover up and wide brim hat gives a mysterious look which really fits with the character. I love the necklace, it’s very unique and harsh, and I feel that it fits the look perfectly. I feel the styling as a whole is missing red, as that is his signature colour, so I would’ve liked to see it creep in a little. The background fits completely, and the colour matching is really great.. fabulous job!

Irene's Comments:

15/ 15 – Styling
    5/ 5 – Editing
    5/ 5 – Overall Look
    5/ 5 – Requirements
    TOTAL 35/35

Yes,yes,and yes.Not only did you nail it perfectly,you sparkled it.Nothing to judge here.Ugh!You all make it so hard to judge!Editing,check.Background,overall,style,check.I am so impressed.Dr. Facilier is underrated in my opinion.He's such an interesting character,and you pulled it off so well.Fantastic job!
    :smiley:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    winning%20looks_zps7q404fpu.png

Pattern Overkill with Poppy Fields
    brief%201WINNERsmall_zps8apcpjie.png

Disney Look with Hanako Kuribayashi
    brief2winner%20copysmall_zpsgllzuveo.png
  • Options
    AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    Yay! I'd love to sign up for this :) Can I reserve?
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Options
    @AngiesSmith Yay! Of course :)

• Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    @AngiesSmith That was fast.Lol

Reserve me please.
  • Options
    AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    Kelebek wrote: »

Reserve me please.

:)
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Options
    Kelebek wrote: »

Reserve me please.

I know right hahaha. Sure.

• Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    edited June 2016
    oh my god i was waiting for this lol.

This is going to be so exciting! I'm not sure if I'll be able to join just yet, but I will be watching this competition regardless! :)

EDIT: ya kno what, please reserve a spot for me! :D

• Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I saw this a few minutes ago when you didn't want anyone to post and you already had me hooked... I'm in! I told myself no more but I keep going back on it :bawling: I can't resist a lookbook comp though... I've been wanting to do these since my sims 3 days. Please reserve me 1 spot!
  • Options
    Chaos_FairyChaos_Fairy Posts: 324 Member
    Yes this looks like a great comp. please reserve me :)
  • Options
    @gramatique Awww haha awesome, I'll reserve you :)
    @dafadolly Hahaha, saaaame! Lookbook comps are my faveeee. Will do :)
    @Chaos_Fairy Donee :)
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    This sounds like fun.. Count me in
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thanks for the invite :) Reserve me please :)
  • Options
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Awwwww, hahah! This sounds like so much fun! Who to choose and what style. I seriously need to get my cc in game, I have 11 GB of it just sitting there. xD
    What to do, what to do....

I'm going to reserve, please. Do you have a due date for apps yet?
    Might make a sim for this..... o3o
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @xJojox Awesome :)
    @MizoreYukii Wow 11GB... hahaha. No due date yet as I've only posted this today, but I'm thinking 23rd depending on if I fill the rest of the spots.
  • Options
    MzsammyroseMzsammyrose Posts: 145 Member
    I can fit in another! Can I reserve a spot? Will fill out app when off work. Looks fun :3
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Hey

Reserve Me Please :)
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    This is only the second time I've heard of the term "lookbook"! Old simmers can learn new tricks ;) Hmm..tempted...
  • Options
    AshLennAshLenn Posts: 483 Member
    I keep saying no more contest, but this is what I live for!! I love fashion and clothes, so I'm glad there's a contest that finally focuses on that aspect!

Reserve me a spot please <3
    @MissBirdie
    5ceapok.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top