Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot monotize video because of radio music in the Sims 4.

My sim is dancing to music on the radio. I am playing the game and talking. My video got flagged for a whole bunch of music things. I've done lots of gameplay videos before, but I've never been flagged before and I don't know what to do. I don't want to use ads and I can't remove the music because its playing during gameplay, which means no audio, not even my own talking. What do I do?
Jenny

Doop Dee Doop

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Are you unable to post your video to YouTube because you are breaching copyright? Could you edit out the section where your sim is dancing to the music so as you are not breaching copyright laws?
  • Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    Must be some in game music that sounds too similar to its real life counterpart. Maybe just try to silence that part?
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    You could silence it and then rerecord what you are saying. I often do that on my channel.
  • Options
    FishOutOfSeaFishOutOfSea Posts: 60 Member
    Yeah, you might have to just rerecord what you are saying. Might be a pain, but at least you wont have copyright issues.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I always turn off both the game music and the object music in the game when I'm recording so that doesn't happen. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is edit out that part and re-upload it, or you can try to challenge the claim. But it can be difficult to challenge the claims as the advantage is always to the person or company who makes the claim, not you. You can also choose to leave the video up, but that claimant will gain all money off your video. Sorry it happened to you. I know it's crummy.
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Basically what I have done, as well, and it sucks.
  • Options
    AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    So earning money on stuff like YouTube videos of you playing sims 4 is fine as long as there's no game music or radio music in it?
  • Options
    SimprovedSimproved Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes that is fine since EA is very tolreant and open youtubers use their games and stuff for their videos. The music though is copywritten by also thirf party members and get easily filtered out and flagged. So they don't get flagged by EA themselves. It's just an automatically running algorthm searching through all the videos that send off the "alarm". I usually have royalty free background music in my CAS and Build videos. However in my LPs sometimes you can of course ear the in game music form the stereo or what not...I always make sure that I talk a lot over it during the music is playing (I also male sure that the sims only listen toit and turn it off when they don't need it anymore for dancing etc.)
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Omg, I didnt know that , I will be carefull too in my videos x.x
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Options
    liko211liko211 Posts: 61 Member
    turn ingame music off
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    This happened with my sims 3 videos on twitch too. Random songs were too close to the orriginal so the auto flag system picks up on it. Now I mute the in game radio if I record.