Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited August 2016

This is the Asylum I've build for my Asylum Challenge. I look forward to playing in this build and I'm so excited to share it with you. If you like it you can download it off the gallery. It is under the Origin ID name swcheppes, titled Asylum.

Source Inspiration

9kPmpwG.jpg

Front and Exterior

iMIpUUWl.png

0pYEri4l.png

qiyFU90l.png

yTYEB4Rl.png

zEe9hTxl.png

zqCP6Unl.png

Backyard

NRI7kUxl.png

wLYaTxJl.png

pYnCh36l.png

FSorFxGl.png

mGdVWJJl.png

5gQXD7Ol.png

IgGe4M5l.png
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Everything is not as it seems on the first floor.

Reception Area - Welcoming you to your road to recovery, with complimentary tea.

Y4OdF0Al.png

Study - A place for the patients to expand their minds while healing.

jcbHTGAl.png

Sitting Room - A lovely spot for family to catch up and visit.

fcR6x8wl.png

Main Hallway - Leads you to the dining room and patients private suites.

HF3ToaLl.png

Patients Suite - The patients have their own private sanctuaries within a sanctuary.

XRiYGrrl.png

Dining Hall - Patients and doctors are encouraged to eat together to show that no matter our differences we are all one.

eABye8vl.png

Kitchen - Patients will have the most renowned chefs preparing them healthy meals around the clock

MHtxP0cl.png

Directors Office - Where you will be writing a big fat check to ensure the best care of your loved one.

SiKk3IJl.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    The second floor which is where the patients will really be spending their time. Conveniently left out of the brochure.

Entry Way - Stark contrast from the beauty of downstairs. The doctors feel too much distraction does not help the healing.

RotbMO7l.png

Patients Room - All personal belongings are collected and locked away upon entry.

hYnjTval.png

Kitchen - Patients will take care of meals themselves. For their own safety we've removed the stove.

xndEOHCl.png

Rec Area - Patients will be allowed 2 hours of free time each day. They are encouraged to work on skills to help them in the real world.

E7dDyS3l.png

Medicine Bay -Medicine is administered 3 times a day and kept locked safely from the patients.

LbTgOOml.png

Solitary - Sometimes patients need a time out, this is that place.

lFBT1vfl.png

Doctors Office - Patients will meet with our in house doctor each week. The doctor also lives on site if needed for emergencies.

Pveeo9el.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Finally the head doctor will be living on site with her son. They have a small apartment on the third floor.

zrvSyUel.png

Zkh7Jfyl.png

CRSDX1Rl.png

eK6t2qdl.png

hJhvFJdl.png

AuqRLROl.png

2k1IKfzl.png

7NCzfL9l.png

2X5PD6zl.png

2TZkXxjl.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    This looks amazing! Where are you writing the story? Forums or blog?
  • Options
    This looks amazing! Where are you writing the story? Forums or blog?

Thanks! It's my first true build. It will be on my blog but I haven't started it yet. I'll probably create a thread or use this one for update alerts.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    @swcheppes Cool. I'm bookmarking your blog then because you are building so much intrigue and I definitely want to read it once you start posting.
  • Options
    Aww thanks I hope it loves up to the hype :#
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Asylum build looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the build! The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice area with the water fountains and flowers! The backyard areas are very nice! Very nice outdoors kitchen and dining area. It is great that there is a play area for child sims to have fun playing on the monkey bars. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the building ! It was great seeing the pictures of your build and reading the accompanying descriptions of each of the pictures and rooms.
    I hope that your sims challenge goes well :)
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Aww thanks I hope it loves up to the hype :#

Don't worry about hype, it's just those of us who loved builds, lol. We know nothing of the characters really, except the live in doctor. I can't wait to see what her son is like. There's no way you can be a normal kid if you grow up in an asylum. To be a resident but not a patient has got to be trippy.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cinderellla's Castle is done! This will hopefully start off a few Disney builds from me!

It is in the gallery, origin id swcheppes, for download under Cinderella's Castle

Source Inspiration

9vujCDn.jpg

yxu2nmS.png

7nHOyvl.png

K4ZQSuw.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    The main hallway and exterior shots.
    (For those familiar with Disneyworld I included the wishing well that's on the side of the castle.)

25IifPg.png

yEiuir6.png

r9vbBbW.png

qKinYLy.png

5myOaXU.png

NCk35n6.png

Fd96ZU6.png

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    When you are in the main hall the left door is the main entrance. Instead of doing a traditional castle look I made the inside more modern.

1st Floor

CtqjilK.png

IYgVSa9.png

LVVSmMJ.png

nw3Bne2.png

2nd Floor

pzImyXh.png

nYz27El.png

tQgJMa7.png

jDI98mo.png

h3xH1Wa.png

BlyvmkJ.png

Ye7uKuh.png

PD13EuV.png

3rd Floor

N3OfIMf.png

KHxo1w7.png

rFUtoSf.png

wPBIlkp.png

ZaPby9L.png

ruYnohH.png

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    When you are in the main hall to the right is the servants quarters which is also where the kitchen is. There is a separate staircase that leads up to the second floor.

MngGacP.png

5wZudyJ.png

X4rsA3J.png

QcsGqyQ.png

Q5kYnW3.png

SXSHO7m.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Asylum build looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the build! The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice area with the water fountains and flowers! The backyard areas are very nice! Very nice outdoors kitchen and dining area. It is great that there is a play area for child sims to have fun playing on the monkey bars. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the building ! It was great seeing the pictures of your build and reading the accompanying descriptions of each of the pictures and rooms.
    I hope that your sims challenge goes well :)

Thank you! I always enjoy your comments they are always so sweet and positive :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Cinderella's Castle looks so very, very pretty! :) The towers and roofing look so very nice! The water looks nice around the edge of the castle. The rocks and flowers look nice on the edges of the water. The large water fountain and the floral wishing well look great in the build! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the build! The Knights statues give a very nice look to the build. Very nice living room sitting area. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas there in front of the fire. The flowers look pretty on the coffee table. The windows dining nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst dining there. The art nook is very nice! The pictures look great on the walls there! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! The cabinets look nice how they are placed on the walls. The hanging pans, utensils wall shelf, wall knives, teabags and wall knives are nice kitchen touches there.
    The castle is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Lovely! I love that the inside of the house is modern, but the kitchen is classic Cinderella. I think the kitchen and the artist's nook in one of the towers are my favorite rooms.
  • Options
    Lovely! I love that the inside of the house is modern, but the kitchen is classic Cinderella. I think the kitchen and the artist's nook in one of the towers are my favorite rooms.

The kitchen is my favorite room too! I love the separate entrance for the servants. I wanted it to be like Cinderella inherited the castle as is and instead of remodeling and updating the facade she just made it modern with her furniture choices :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    DannieSimmerDannieSimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Awesome Builds!
    Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads:
    DannieSimmers Builds and Rooms
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs cottage. Unfortunately I couldn't fit enough beds for all dwarves, 3 will have to sleep outside. You can download in my gallery under Origin ID swcheppes, Snow Whites Cottage (sorry about the awful picture on the gallery, the computer choose poorly)

Source Inspiration

1kPHPqK.jpg

kXzuJjA.png

40tlsxx.png

309M85g.png

NBOTrEs.png

rn9NXT3.png

jZVZCVM.png

X7tXnNw.png

qqMwEuJ.png

v2L94QS.png

jf114Ts.png

QVPKcXu.png

SqSlLA4.png

0IfWULi.png

qqRLttZ.png

o6t2B9T.png

7hPSy0d.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Snow White's Cottage is very nice! :) The curved roofing looks very nice! The Tuder wall patterning gives a nice look to the cottage. The gated entrance to the home is a nice touch. The flowers look pretty around the base of the trees and flower cart is nice. Very nice living room sitting area! Sims will enjoy watching tv when sitting there. The book nook alcove beside the tv wall looks great! Nice windows armchairs reading area for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst reading a book. The dining table area is nice. The wooden dining chairs suits well the cottage theme. The sunflowers on the table are sunny for sims to see when eating their meals. The tools wall decor looks great there. The curtained door entrance to one of the bedrooms looks nice.
    It is a very nice cottage! :)
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Your asylum is so much brighter than mine xD I find that amusing~ But your builds are really nice :3 I love that they're unique shapes it makes them very interesting!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    DannieSimmerDannieSimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Hi! very cool!
    Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads:
    DannieSimmers Builds and Rooms
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Snow White's Cottage is very nice! :) The curved roofing looks very nice! The Tuder wall patterning gives a nice look to the cottage. The gated entrance to the home is a nice touch. The flowers look pretty around the base of the trees and flower cart is nice. Very nice living room sitting area! Sims will enjoy watching tv when sitting there. The book nook alcove beside the tv wall looks great! Nice windows armchairs reading area for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst reading a book. The dining table area is nice. The wooden dining chairs suits well the cottage theme. The sunflowers on the table are sunny for sims to see when eating their meals. The tools wall decor looks great there. The curtained door entrance to one of the bedrooms looks nice.
    It is a very nice cottage! :)

As always your comments are a joy to read! Thank you for the kind words :)
    suRdkSd.jpg