Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I think the only reason we made money on the first few days was because of the owners checking on everyone and getting the staff trained right away and very often.

I made like $16 the first day and $30 the second after paying the staff.

Profit is profit, right? :)
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Yeah, I mean, like I mentioned before about the comparison between the restaurant employees and retail employees, it's clearly a glitch to me! There's just no reason for it. The inspirational speech actually works for me. After Jonathan gave it to the host, OH BOY! You should have seen her greeting to the next customer LOL. I was like WOW...she's exciting about working!

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the hours too. It seems they start to get tired at 11, and even at 13 they were still just saying that they were tired, so who knows how long they can actually work. I only want to be open for 8 hours too, but the diner rush always messes me up. Around the time I would like to close, everyone and their grandmother comes! They usually open at 11 or noon, and I want to close up at 7 or 8 but they never can because I'd be turning down money lol. If I wasn't writing a story that had children in it (and mildly cared about telling their stories as well), I would adjust the operating hours to accommodate the diner rush but only operate for 8 hours. I'd open at like 3 and close at 11, but the babies. Oh well lol.

This was my main motivation to start a new save for the challenge. I have 3 restaurants in different saves as well but they all have families and stuff that I have to worry about and I just wanted to play a restaurant darn it! The few times Kristof tried the inspirational speech I had the employees respond with something like was that supposed to be inspirational? I was ticked to have used the points on it. I'll try getting it again since it worked for you.

Maybe Kristof doesn't have enough charisma points to be inspirational? I dunno. I'm just taking notes so I know what to look our for in Chad and Deja ever make enough money to build their darn restaurant, lol.
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Maybe Kristof doesn't have enough charisma points to be inspirational? I dunno. I'm just taking notes so I know what to look our for in Chad and Deja ever make enough money to build their darn restaurant, lol.

I'll have to check Kristof's charisma next time I'm in that save and see. Ironically he no longer has the interaction because he lost all of his perk points!
  • Options

I'll have to check Kristof's charisma next time I'm in that save and see. Ironically he no longer has the interaction because he lost all of his perk points!

That is irony, lol. He'll earn them back though.
  • Options

Since he's no longer the heir I won't be playing him much unless I turn off aging and just play his restaurant like I did before the second generation started. :/
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Here's my first post!!! I was so excited to publish it I just realized I never made a chapter index or anything, lol.

Restaurant Challenge Ch 1: The Duo's Dive
    imageedit_208_5750729873.jpg?w=730&h=182

Edited to add my new banner! ;)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Here's my first post!!! I was so excited to publish it I just realized I never made a chapter index or anything, lol.

Love your cousin/siblings they are adorable!! And also you are incredibly lucky to start with a sim that has some cooking skill!! Great job!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Love your cousin/siblings they are adorable!! And also you are incredibly lucky to start with a sim that has some cooking skill!! Great job!

Yes I almost passed out when I saw her cooking skills. I wasn't going to hire her because she was elder then I remembered I could change her age!
  • Options

Yes I almost passed out when I saw her cooking skills. I wasn't going to hire her because she was elder then I remembered I could change her age!

YOu have such cool ideal - that will speed up your process so well, can't wait to see more from your duo :)<3
  • Options

imageedit_208_5750729873.jpg?w=730&h=182

Edited to add my new banner! ;)

That place was PACKED on the second day! Woot!
    forum_final.png

• Options

They would have done awesome that day if the waiter hadn't kept dropping his tray!
  • Options

They would have done awesome that day if the waiter hadn't kept dropping his tray!

<3 AVi <3
  • Options

And mopping puddles lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    And mopping puddles lol

Yes, I forgot about that. And playing in the tent which I had to put into the inventory.
  • Options

Since he's no longer the heir I won't be playing him much unless I turn off aging and just play his restaurant like I did before the second generation started. :/

Ah okay. A restaurant on top of a legacy changes how things are played I see.
  • Options
    @VIRTUALEE You know, it’s funny about your clowns coming in separately. Skylathan has a couple who are the regulars and I’ve incorporated them into the story. They’re actually married, and I moved them into a house. But now they come in separately with other people too! The first time I saw it, the wife came in with a woman. So I made it to where the husband had to work and she was having lunch with a friend. But then it happened again the next day, and a few hours later the husband came in with another woman, but I didn’t recognize him right away and didn’t take any pics so that part won’t go in. They’re expecting a baby now! Not sure what excuse I’ll come up for them next time lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @VIRTUALEE You know, it’s funny about your clowns coming in separately. Skylathan has a couple who are the regulars and I’ve incorporated them into the story. They’re actually married, and I moved them into a house. But now they come in separately with other people too! The first time I saw it, the wife came in with a woman. So I made it to where the husband had to work and she was having lunch with a friend. But then it happened again the next day, and a few hours later the husband came in with another woman, but I didn’t recognize him right away and didn’t take any pics so that part won’t go in. They’re expecting a baby now! Not sure what excuse I’ll come up for them next time lol.

LOL isn't it something. Bella comes in with this cute young woman and her some - Mort will forever come in with a different guest male or female he is no respecter of gender. I haven't figured out if Mort is just meeting with different local artists for his Gallery or if he is indeed running around on his Bella (which I doubt I mean look at her). But then Bella is a mystery...is she mentoring this young lady in the ways of upper society?? Or is she a family member like a cousin in need or something? Hmmm
  • Options
    I love how y'all are trying to find the reasons behind them showing up with random sims when I, on the other hand, just get mad that they aren't dining with their own family. :D
  • Options
    HA! Gotta love us storytellers lol. There’s always a reason, right? :p Knowing EA, it’s probably just like the detective career system and they just grab random Sims and plop them in our restaurants. So annoying!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    HA! Gotta love us storytellers lol. There’s always a reason, right? :p Knowing EA, it’s probably just like the detective career system and they just grab random Sims and plop them in our restaurants. So annoying!

This is what aggravates me the most about it: In my rotation neighborhood, I opened 2 restaurants. Now, in that neighborhood, I have SO many sims that I delete all of the townies regularly. Since I got Dining Out there has been an explosion of townies! One day, I deleted all the townies, opened the restaurant/nightclub with the Goths and their first customers were one of my elder couples. Joining them was a strange little girl. Why would the game generate a little girl to eat with my sims when they have a perfectly good granddaughter that lives with them? Grr!
  • Options

This is what aggravates me the most about it: In my rotation neighborhood, I opened 2 restaurants. Now, in that neighborhood, I have SO many sims that I delete all of the townies regularly. Since I got Dining Out there has been an explosion of townies! One day, I deleted all the townies, opened the restaurant/nightclub with the Goths and their first customers were one of my elder couples. Joining them was a strange little girl. Why would the game generate a little girl to eat with my sims when they have a perfectly good granddaughter that lives with them? Grr!

Oh really? That makes me mad. That’s exactly what happens in the detective career! There are perfectly good useless townies who could be used for the inmates and culprits, but the game spawns even more townies for the soul purpose of having Sims to arrest! I’m not understanding the point of having a population cap if the game is going to keep blowing it. I wonder if the cap keeps raising with every game and expansion pack. Sorry…had a Simmers Gab moment there lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Oh really? That makes me mad. That’s exactly what happens in the detective career! There are perfectly good useless townies who could be used for the inmates and culprits, but the game spawns even more townies for the soul purpose of having Sims to arrest! I’m not understanding the point of having a population cap if the game is going to keep blowing it. I wonder if the cap keeps raising with every game and expansion pack. Sorry…had a Simmers Gab moment there lol.

Speaking of Simmers Gab... I watched 2 more episodes last night before bed. I'm loving it! I had seen the link in your siggy but had no idea what it was before it was pointed out to me.

As to the detective career... I have a save that has no story linked to it so I rarely play it but I have an evil sim as a cop. I wanted to have her date one of the townies that she met at work and had taken fingerprints of and she wasn't able to. Every day he was behind bars when she got there but if she tried to call him out to meet her somewhere she couldn't. I hate that career btw. I can't stand trying to find clues and arresting someone is almost impossible... at least for me.
  • Options

Speaking of Simmers Gab... I watched 2 more episodes last night before bed. I'm loving it! I had seen the link in your siggy but had no idea what it was before it was pointed out to me.

As to the detective career... I have a save that has no story linked to it so I rarely play it but I have an evil sim as a cop. I wanted to have her date one of the townies that she met at work and had taken fingerprints of and she wasn't able to. Every day he was behind bars when she got there but if she tried to call him out to meet her somewhere she couldn't. I hate that career btw. I can't stand trying to find clues and arresting someone is almost impossible... at least for me.

I have to agree the only Get to work career I really enjoy is the scientist careeer
  • Options
    I have to agree the only Get to work career I really enjoy is the scientist careeer

I've played doctor a bit. One thing I like about it is that my rotation neighborhood doctor is the one that delivers all the babies. That's really cool in my opinion. Currently, since Alexander Goth died, I have no one in the scientist career.
  • Options

I've played doctor a bit. One thing I like about it is that my rotation neighborhood doctor is the one that delivers all the babies. That's really cool in my opinion. Currently, since Alexander Goth died, I have no one in the scientist career.

OOo I haven't played around with that yet!!