Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random townies look scary...

Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
tumblr_inline_o8anlqfGB91sgvn5d_540.png
All of my random townies are spawning with giant eyes and tiny ears. Every single one looks like this... It's really freaky...

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    All of my random townies are spawning with giant eyes and tiny ears. Every single one looks like this... It's really freaky...

Try pulling out CC and Mods.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I have, they still keep coming!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello,
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    MylinnaMylinna Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same issue, unfortunately. If you'll have found out, which mod file is causing the problem, please let me know.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

oh, that's interesting

yes, which mod causes it ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello,
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Do you think it could be faulty cas cc or a script mod?
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    Hello,

I think it can be faulty file. Yesterday I generated the same sim in CAS and I had only a few folders with CC, they were skintones, hair, accesories, make up, skin details. I had no mods, no custom poses when I ran Sims 4.
  • Options
    Feyona wrote: »
    Hello,

I think it can be faulty file. Yesterday I generated the same sim in CAS and I had only a few folders with CC, they were skintones, hair, accesories, make up, skin details. I had no mods, no custom poses when I ran Sims 4.

Okay that narrows it down, thank you! I'll go check now.
  • Options
    marshmellow6767marshmellow6767 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yeah same here. Especially if I want to hire someone in my restaurant, they all look freaky and gross :(
  • Options
    Hello,

Hello,
    There has been mods /cc causing issues since the patch. Try testing to see which is the cause of the issue in your game.
  • Options
    I took out my mods folder and turned on my sims 4. It regenerated a new mods folder, so I started to put in my packages one by one... It didn't work. Since my packages were all merged, I don't know which packages were the faulty files. I think it might be for most of the custom content.... All my packages were infected. HALP?? D:
  • Options
    Here is the tiny ears too..
    tumblr_o8hd5bKQFm1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
  • Options
    So I narrowed it down to my skins folder.. I'll let you all know what it is when I find it!
  • Options
    I took out my mods folder and turned on my sims 4. It regenerated a new mods folder, so I started to put in my packages one by one... It didn't work. Since my packages were all merged, I don't know which packages were the faulty files. I think it might be for most of the custom content.... All my packages were infected. HALP?? D:

Since its all merged you'll probably have to start over with all of your cc in that merged file, or just live with those sims walking around :(
    I had to start over because I merged all of my CC shoes a while ago and it was so exhausting...
  • Options
    Yeah same here. Especially if I want to hire someone in my restaurant, they all look freaky and gross :(

Do you have any mods or cc that makes the sims body look different? Like the one here: https://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/post/141317487529/say-goodbye-to-pectacular-because-theres-a-new
  • Options
    iAnimeFreakiAnimeFreak Posts: 66 Member
    Oooh, that's freaky. D8
    I should think that a mod is causing this however.
  • Options
    One of CC that is causing problems this glitch in my game is MYOBI-lavender-brows.package
  • Options
    One of CC that is causing problems this glitch in my game is MYOBI-lavender-brows.package

Hello
    Thankyou for letting us know the cc that is causing the issue in your game.
  • Options
    No I don't have anything that makes my sims skin look different except some skins that I've seen other ppl use... I've been meaning to clean out all my cc but I feel like I'm gonna regret it since some cc I might not be able to find later on.. This is so annoying!! I think it's because of the new patch right??
  • Options
    Good thing that I have some of my cc in a backup folder that's not merged :smiley: I'll try all my cc tomorrow and I'll list here what I find... Until then :neutral:
  • Options

Hello
    Thankyou for letting us know the cc that is causing the issue in your game.
    Hello.
    Honestly I am not sure 100% that the breakage wasn't caused by S4S batch fixer. I found 3 more files (4 total) that were batch fixed by S4S. I'll post them on their forum as well so they can check following files as well. Here are 3 more files:
    MorganeParis_For_Natalis_Nails_02
    salem2342. Pearly headband with flowers
    salem2342. Flower Hoop
  • Options
    Good thing that I have some of my cc in a backup folder that's not merged :smiley: I'll try all my cc tomorrow and I'll list here what I find... Until then :neutral:

I am sorry that you are having this issue. I hope that you are able to find the cc that is causing the issues in your game.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm having the same problem, they look so scary, guess I have to repair my game again and completely get rid of my mods folder, hmpf, I already cleaned out so much, I only have 13,3 mb left and that's what I really loved :(
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem, they look so scary, guess I have to repair my game again and completely get rid of my mods folder, hmpf, I already cleaned out so much, I only have 13,3 mb left and that's what I really loved :(

Just sort them out one by one, that's what I did. It will take a little while but you'll find the problem! :)
    Try removing skins first.
  • Options
    Did you run batch fixer from Sims4Studio? Just asking.

Yes, it's a pain in the neck :(. But don't delete your mods folders, may be developers will make a beta fix for this if it's possible. The thing with CC content that it can break with new version of the patch. The thing with patches, game developing and programming is that... things happen. Sometimes it's a lack of testing and sometimes it's just surprise glitch for developers.