March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losaru's Sim Stories Archive: 2nd World

This thread is a collection of posts from the "Happy Play" thread involving my sims from "2nd World".
Author's Note: Some parts may not be understandable if you haven't read "Losaru's Sim Stories Archive: Main Save and "Lost Tales" found in the archive hub. It is suggested you check those out if you are confused at some parts.
As hinted at and finally told, I'm gonna be shifting from Main Save to my other big save (Warning: Long Post):
2nd World: Crash Landing

Originally, when Glitch was messing about in Main Save, the Player wanted a save where they could start over without the troublesome error AI, carefully crafting a new save called "2nd World" which lay dormant until the Player was ready for it, usually being reworked and done again because of one reason or another. All seemed perfect and ready, Dot copying her and her sister and several other members of the AIs to be brought over, until the accident when Dot attempted to clone Glitch initial file, the one on the Gallery, to try and extract the corrupted code and create a remnant of Ava, a long lost security AI that had made up part of Glitch. The result was the creation of two error AIs: Torren Crash, a physically indestructible, unstable error AI and Error Glitch, an error AI that remained after the split. The two eventually ended up in cyberspace, Error following Crash as she was awaiting for 2nd World to activate.

yZpE3jN.jpg

"I will destroy you, you little pest!" the remnant of Crash swore on Error, making the other AI reel back. "Once I get into 2nd World, I shall crush your code into binary."

w7cs43D.jpg

Error kept quiet, unsure how to react to the threat. While one could just say that she could stay in cyberspace, Dot from Main Save had given her a mission to follow Crash and try to help her and her sister's 2nd World versions to help find a way of getting rid of Crash, or if anything control her.

qkQ6Xc3.jpg

Just then, Crash heard the whirring of the portal.

"About time!" she fumed, waiting for the thing to turn on so she could enter the save.

sLy1Kc9.jpg

Soon, a white light filled the portal, Crash slipping on through.

TQqoqNZ.jpg

Error hurried after her, reminding herself that, despite being scared, she had to do this for Dot and Data.

tqvTKLr.jpg

Swfea11.jpg

OY5Ip1f.jpg

Crash's form soon appeared in a vortex of energy, being a full on AI body once the light died down.

GOjyvha.jpg

"Well, well. So this is 2nd World huh? Hm...Despite this sealing necklace they have on me, I should be able to cause some chaos in the meantime."

waheiRw.jpg

5SJszzn.jpg

16KXVr2.jpg

Another crackle of energy sounded, this time the form of Error appearing, after successfully entering the 2nd World.

vckqwlT.jpg

"And look," Crash sneered as she turned around. "The perfect little AI to cause some misery to."

YlnvmFF.jpg

Crash laughed at Error. "Whaha! Look at you! You didn't even form correctly. Even though I split from you, you still possess corrupted code! And what sort of abilities do you possess, huh?"

Error shook a bit. "I...I don't know..."

X8MhBBc.jpg

"Ahaha! You don't know! Weren't you supposed to be a genius last I checked? Haha! A genius and yet you don't know your own abilities!"

4RZbPSG.jpg

"Ehehehh..." Crash grinned maniacally. "I could just beat you to a pulp here now if I wanted to. Would get you out of the way."

v88xYAw.jpg

"Hey!" a voice suddenly called, Crash's laughing tone turning to a growl.

"You..." she scowled. "Not the time!!"

9AGlrhk.jpg

Dot faced the error AI, sending her 'buddy' over with her sister.

"Why don't you shoo off, huh? I know what's on the go and at the moment, you're nothing but a diamond fly. We can't destroy you, but I could certainly lock you away somewhere. Now go on! Go find some hobbit hole."

"Ugh...this blasted seal. You'll all feel my destruction someday!"

7N1XvQb.jpg

With that, Crash left, traveling off to find her own place to live...and wait.

GsKQGmd.jpg

Data started gushing over Error.

"OMG you're so adorable! You remind me of Yuki!! Or maybe Violet...if we were to dress you all in black and give you bat ears."

Error looked on in confusion. "Umm...you are Data, correct? You seem...different."

tMA5564.jpg

"Don't mind sis," explained Dot. "Around here, she's the biggest nerd there is. She's crazy over her Doll collection."

"Hey! They're not dolls! They're collectable figurines! And I don't have many of them just yet..."

The Patch AI put a hand on Error's shoulder.

"We know what's going on okay? You're safe with us. Crash won't be doing anything to you."

Error nodded. "M...Mhm...Thank you."

VkuhMa3.jpg

"And hey," added Dot. "With that seal on Crash, we actually have time to show you around the place. She can't do much with us around."

"Umm...That is a nice gesture," said Error. "But...I just want to rest for the moment. Where is a nearby place for me?"

ymeh45S.jpg

"Well for now, you can stay with us," said Dot. "We'll get you your own place later on and hey, maybe even introduce you to some people. Sound good?"

"What about researching how to stop Crash?"

"Again, don't worry about it. We got time. And from one genius to another, I know the both of us can figure that out in our spare time."

"And I can take her shopping!" Data added, excitedly.

Error simply nodded, trying to keep the worry about Crash behind her for now.
And so, the adventures in 2nd World have begun. Next post, we move from Error and the Patch sisters to some other familiar faces who, in this save, haven't even met each other yet.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As said, Dot and Data took care of Crash for now, the timebomb moving off to Willow Creek while the sisters "adopted" Error until they could get her her own place. We now move on to some other familiar faces: The Williams household.

WcJfzwT.jpg

As these versions of my guys are new, and Peter is known for burning stuff when I start saves like this, I had Brody make a salad first. Don't worry, Peter. You'll get to cook soon enough. And props to Brody: He didn't cut himself once!

xkdn1k9.jpg

Peter approached his brother.

"So are we making Mom pay part of the bills including rent? I mean she is moving in with us."

"Well...yeah. I know it sounds bad, but this place ain't cheap and I only get so much in tips for writing jokes."

cm1H3UJ.jpg

The two sat, Brody eating while his brother continued their discussion.

"You got her room ready, right? I know it means you lost your office but..."

"Bro, it's okay. This is Mom we're talkin' about. You know I'd give up even my own bed for her."

"Yeah, so would I."

PUC5IQO.jpg

Just then, there was a knock on the door, Emma waiting outside.

"Boys? I'm here!"

dTt3AHU.jpg

"Mom!" said Peter as Emma came in to the house, "You look great!"

"Thank you, Peter. You're not looking too bad yourself."

gK4opaX.jpg

Peter hugged his mother tight.

"So glad you came here safely. They called for bad weather during that plane trip!"

"Peter, love. You weren't tracking my flight and worrying were you?"

"Heh...Maybe..."

yDf980z.jpg

"Track the flight? He was pretty much giving me a play-by-play," Brody joked as his brother went to wash the dishes. "He could be great as a sports announcer."

yNheOAI.jpg

The neighbours. Look familiar? I think you can guess who they are if you've been following Main Save.

QwQaWwf.jpg

Not satisfied with salad, Emma went out back to BBQ some tofu dogs. Salad, hot dogs...all this needs now are some steaks and (root) beer and you have my typical summer supper out at home.

dWBryiU.jpg

"Hey Mom?" said Brody as he came outside, giving her a hug. "Thanks again for agreeing to move in."

"It was nothing, dear. I can help pay the rent and now I'm with my two boys again. I think your father would have wanted that."

"Yeah..."

NhkLiSs.jpg

Peter watching Simder. Why am I not surprised?

XLqA5aE.jpg

Brody soon joined him, just then getting a phone call.

"Hello?...Oh hey! Miss M!...Yeah...Oh really? He moved back, huh. Thought he was doing alright in his studies. How come?...Can't say? Okay..."

LWmdFUo.jpg

"Mhm...Yeah I can see that being problem...how many?...Yeah me and bro can do that...Alice you know we'd do that anyways. No need to offer payment...Yup. See you tomorrow then."
    Who is "Miss M?" And what does she need done from Brody and Peter? Find out next time as we move to another familiar family.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Brody got a call that night from a woman down the road named Alice Miruchi. The two had met when Brody first moved into the area and now, she apparently needed some help.

aAccqOq.jpg

Peter and Brody were up early. I decided to let Peter try to cook this time. For the love of the Mighty don't set the place on fire!

sdkeMaw.jpg

"Whoops! Ah Brody you like pepper with your eggs right?"

"Yeah..."

"Ah good so we don't need to worry about you then..."

QOLImjx.jpg

At breakfast, (Emma having a salad instead for some reason) Brody explained the plans for that day.

"So this lady named Miss Miruchi called me last night."

"Alice? I think you mentioned her before," said Peter.

"Yeah nice lady. Helped me settle into this place and let me practice my jokes on her. She's a hoot. Anyways, her son's back home and apparently brought everything with him except the kitchen sink so me and bro are gonna go down there this morning and help move some boxes."

Emma nodded with her mouth full.

"Mmm...Sounds good. I'll be here, tidying up a bit."

gJ9zyZl.jpg

"I didn't know Alice had a son," said Peter.

"Well, I hadn't seen her often enough for her to mention him, but apparently he was away at college. Guess either his grades slipped or he just quit cause I know it wasn't issues with tuition. They're living off a few pensions and savings because of his dad's military work ever since he passed away."

"Guess we'll see them both there then," said Peter.

mvpAiDv.jpg

The two eventually dressed and set out for the Miruchi residence, a somewhat large house across from the park and library.

u7EgRdA.jpg

Alice was outside, practicing her chess.

HsCV3M4.jpg

"Okay, bro. Do you even lift?"

"What? Of course I can lift. What are you talking about?"

Brody sighed. "You really don't read the internet often do you..."

n9RIjRC.jpg

Brody soon knocked on the door.

"Come in!" called Alice.

Z7S8ggB.jpg

Brody entered, staring over the boxes.

"Yeesh. You leave college or a flea market?"

eg7ls7h.jpg

While Peter looked over the boxes, Brody sat down to try a joke out on Alice and her son.

"Okay, Okay. So this witch walks in the bar and orders a drink. The bartender says "That'll be $113 for the drink." Instead of paying him, she turns him into a llama. He bleats and shouts. "What was that about?" "That was payment," she said. "And keep the change."

Alice chuckled. "A bit out there, but I get it."

The dark haired male listening as well smiled, but kept quiet.

4KICDiS.jpg

Peter turned while Brody tried to shoot another joke, waving to Alice's son.

"Hi. I'm Peter..."

"Hello...." he said, turning back to his mother without saying anything else.

H6HQhyg.jpg

"Alright, bro," said Brody. "Let's get these boxes moved."

Wi0LuCG.jpg

Once the heavy lifting was done, the two congratulated each other, soon heading home.
    Next post, we move to the Miruchi family and how things are actually a bit more complicated in their household
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After Brody and Peter left, Alice had noticed that her son had barely spoken during their visit, aside from a "hello" and a "thank you" after everything had been moved and put away.

HKUTHrI.jpg

"Sakura," she said as the two sat on the couch. "You weren't very talkative when Peter and Brody were here."

Sakura looked up at her with an ashamed, sorry-ful gaze.

"I...I'm sorry..."

zYXhsXc.jpg

"No need to be sorry. I know Brody and I kind of know his brother. They're good guys."

"I...I figured as much..."

"Did your nerves get the better of you again?"

Sakura nodded.

0VmJwtW.jpg

"I know it's hard, especially coming here with all sorts of new people around, but you can't shut yourself away, dear."

"I...I know...I...I" he started to choke up, Alice soon hugging him.

g93GyW4.jpg

"We'll get over this, sweetie. It'll just take time. And a good start is at the park, okay. So let's go."

ISz5KAQ.jpg

Oh mys CeeCee. No matter what save, you're always sleeping on the benches.

LmYjg5o.jpg

Alice tried to calm Sakura down a bit. "Now I'm gone to do my yoga. You just go and find something to do okay."

Sakura nodded with a "Mhm."

nmnjMtn.jpg

If you guys remember Levono and Nova Configs, this is their child daughter, Delerror. As mentioned, AIs don't stay very long in the child life state. If they corrupt when trying to age up though, they remain in the child state and completely unstable and insane and are classified as a category of Error AI until they can be patched and their coding fixed.

i3FrVgo.jpg

Alice went to do her yoga and if you're wondering who the lady is behind her, that's actually CeeCee. :joy:

1qS4YpW.jpg

Meanwhile, Sakura went off to the gardens and began planting the plants there. Surprisingly, for someone that's squeamish, the dirt doesn't bother him.

bWD1UhY.jpg

Alice showing off her dexterity from her dancing career when she was younger.

TlR1sBr.jpg

Until she messed up on a pose.

"Ah...I don't think my old bones can bend like that."

jRzs84W.jpg

Sakura really got into the gardening.

7f8oJS0.jpg

Just then, Alice showed up with Bjorn.

"Aha! You must be Alice's boy, huh?" he said, Sakura suddenly freezing on the spot.

"Y...Yes sir."

"Tis a pleasure to meet you. I see you have an interest in the garden here. I told my wife that investing in this place was probably one of our better ideas."

"I...I'm hungry so I gotta go!" said Sakura, bolting away.

dm5Ztfh.jpg

I guess he was hungry as he ran off to grill some hamburgers. Guess this Sakura hasn't been turned off meat and proteins.

osa8IjP.jpg

I didn't actually set this one up. Sakura's socially awkward trait kicked in, suddenly making him feel embarrassed.

"Oh plum. Why did I do that? And right in front of Mom too. You're a shrimp, Sakura. A shrimp...."

nyhURBF.jpg

Back home, Sakura ran to his room, hiding in the closet to cry.

0YUyS6O.jpg

Alice soon walked in. A rule she had stated to Sakura, aside from keeping the place tidy, was that he was not allowed to lock his door, just in case of incidences such as these.

"Sakura, sweetheart. Is everything alright?"

"G...Go away..."

"Please dear...Just tell me what's wrong."

"I....I messed up! I...I was an embarrassment to you in front of that man. Like I always am!"

"Sakura I wasn't embarrassed and you know you're not an embarrassment to me! C'mon now..."

6O3fDkk.jpg

Sakura soon came out, still embarrassed and silently slipping past his mother.

Wz2Nb8Y.jpg

"Sakura..." said Alice in a more serious tone. "You know we'll need to talk at some point about this. About what happened. If not...I may have the call the local doctor and you know he's probably not as careful as I'm trying to be with you."

Sakura didn't speak, simply nodding as he sat on the couch.

itn7qOg.jpg

"I hate this..." he said to himself. "I...I wanna get better but...I don't wanna talk about it...not that!"
    Just what did happen with Sakura as is it linked to his abrupt return home?

Next post, Alice sends Sakura out to do a few things after he starts showing signs that he's having a better day.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

That's everyone, right? Okay. As mentioned last time, Sakura in 2nd World had just moved back home from college, apparently suffering from a case of anthropophobia (fear of people), although as shown, he does have some good days.

DGWN9rt.jpg

Alice woke up early to munch on a burger. Knowing what she's like, I'm not surprised.

lsnRc70.jpg

Sakura meanwhile was still asleep and must have had a nightmare as he woke up with the socially awkward moodlet again.

WYOt4NS.jpg

tYOIzGB.jpg

Sakura autonomously went into the closet to cry so I decided to try and catch him just about to go in and was immediately heartbroken. :disappointed: Poor Sakura! I know some people complain about the emotion system but when it comes to crying in a closet, I think the gurus got it spot on. If you excuse me, I need to go back to Alice!

gux32DI.jpg

Yup. Even after a midnight burger, she's making grilled cheese for breakfast.

DEVfXk5.jpg

After a good cry in the closet, Sakura went to watch TV, the combination seemingly brightening his mood a bit.

At6knbn.jpg

"Sakura! Breakfast!"

GgG2PIe.jpg

"Sakura dear, I need you to run an errand for me when you go to the gym today."

"It's not gonna involve me having to visit anyone is it?" he asked.

"No, no. Just the store. I need a tablet to play "Blicblock" on since my phone is way too small. That and I want to kick Blaze42 's behind on it."

"Who is Blaze42?"

"One of the Colburns I think. I'll have to check Simbook again and ask."

Wz3r0Qg.jpg

After breakfast, as it was still early, Sakura decided to watch Midnight Massacre III (Or is it moonlight?) Either way, it freaked him out a few times, although surprisingly he got a moodlet saying he found it interesting.

GflxbVl.jpg

:D Alice coming out with her 'pet' dinosaur. She was playing with it in the room earlier. Alright Sakura, let's head out.

TlbjUk6.jpg

Nice seeing my sims getting jobs. This man here is Robert Colburn, one of the four of my elderly couple household.

K25gMzm.jpg

Before checking out the tablets, Sakura picked up some shirts as well.

TP9MUHQ.jpg

Good sweet Mighty! It's....a worker doing their job! Thank you @SimGuruDrake and co.!

9MZahZu.jpg

Lol...Well he does have Parisian blood in him. He's really looking like it here. Maybe for a future plot, Sakura, we'll scout out your biological parents.

q3vTI17.jpg

I should mention that this store was not made by me and whoever did make it did a really nice job!

d1VTgdB.jpg

Oh hey! Nova!
    Next post, we hit up the gym and the library.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Sakura was able to survive the store, but now he had to head to the gym. It wasn't so much hsi mother's request as his own goal. He didn't want to face people, but he also wanted to keep fit.

wAMTzrF.jpg

Don's here, no surprise.

97agt8p.jpg

Allen Colburn as the yoga instructor. Apparently his family is taking over all the jobs in town I think.

Jxz3GPb.jpg

Hellloo Marcus! :love:

ucyeDJW.jpg

"Well now," said Bjorn, "It isn't Alice's son. Gone to pump some weights and get as fit as me, huh?"

"Ah...actually sir. I'm heading for the treadmill..."

GeN2XxN.jpg

Well now. Here's a familiar scene for anyone that's read "Twiggy's Harvest."

"Hey there! I'm Twiggy!"

"H...Hi..."

"You're a new face. What's your name?"

"Umm..S....Sakura..."

KlecCKQ.jpg

Being the charming woman that she is, Twiggy was actually able to allow Sakura to relax, mainly by telling him to just focus on her.

"So what do you in your freetime? I'm doing some gardening myself in the park."

"Ah...I paint."

"Neat! Should let you come over some time and do a painting of my garden."

"I gotta go. It was nice meeting you."

"Sure!"

5MYvJ9I.jpg

Something I will never understand is why so many libraries I find on the gallery don't have kids sections. See? They totally get used!

iv0Bddb.jpg

The librarian apparently.

irU9pjQ.jpg

well, Delerror might be insane, but she knew where to go to do her homework.

UKYfWeT.jpg

Sakura actually practiced writing on his own! See it's small things like this why I love autonomy.

OFMiDv5.jpg

:D But then it was right to blicblock.

vU6muX4.jpg

Take the guy to the park and what does he do? Lays down to cloudgaze. Well it made him inspired at least so let's get home and do a painting.

hEWhIi7.jpg

Apparently first though, sakura wanted to read a book and I'm quite sure many know this face. Unlike Opera in Main Save though, this one is pretty much like a simple AI where she is currently serving Dr. Emmett. We may see her and him later on.

8gOWyWQ.jpg

Sakura's studio here is much smaller, but as his reutrn from college was abrupt, it was the only space that could be used for the time being.

UvZxAFo.jpg

And Lo! Our first painting! I think it turned out really really well!
    Next post, a short swing over to a night with Nova and Levono as they check out their new dance studio and then we join Brody on a night on the town.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Much like Main Save, the majority of AIs have versions of themselves in this world as well, which include Nova and Levono Configs. In 2nd World, Levono is instructor at Nova's Dance Academy, which is soon to open as Levono found the perfect spot: a new space to rent at the Narwal Arms.

S2cWTX5.jpg

"Well, love, what do you think?"

"It's wonderful, Levono!"

"Well, I didn't want a place to be named after you to be sub-par."

"Oh no my dear. It's far from. In fact..."

W5KRquA.jpg

"Oh!"

1xDr8vX.jpg

:D

pTR3M5y.jpg

"Mmmph...I like it very much..."

ZUipPIg.jpg

The two went out to the dance floor.

"Seems rather crowded here," Nova shouted over the crowd.

"I do believe it will be rearranged at some point. Just enjoy yourself my dear!"

AK5qBkg.jpg

Marcus and Paolo dance-off?

y4tTU6w.jpg

Nova was quite intrigued by Marcus (not that I blame her) and his dancing. Both Levono and Nova are serial romantics so neither minded the gazes. As said, Levono is one that encourages his dear wife anyways as he's into "free love."

"I must say, dear, I'm enjoying the view."

"I don't blame you, Nova. I do not blame you!"

IbQokB4.jpg

Nova soon met Twiggy.

"So you AIs. Why do you always have such odd hair-coloring?"

"No real reason. Mainly just to stand out. That and colored hair for us is currently in fashion."

vFglIlA.jpg

I ended up with the funniest dance-off after. :D Just watch.

"Dear, how about we show these sims a true dance-off?"

"Oh? How so?"

"Just go downstairs and try to follow my rhythm with that heart of yours, love."

REIiK5M.jpg

Nova pulled off a few dance moves upstairs...

1o8M3kp.jpg

While Levono seemed to dance in response downstairs as if they were telepathic. :joy:

jjG3a7F.jpg

@DarciTheFox I think your love of the Elders are rubbing off in my saves. My elderly siblings the Colburns are taking over all the jobs in town. This is Alice Colburn working the bar. :D

wtvExRr.jpg

"Mmm...You did wonderful, my love!"

"Ohho...Levono...Actually, I think I show you something better."

ui8Ruv2.jpg

Note I didn't tell them to do this one! They did this all on their own!

"Nothing as showy as it's pretty late but...why not slip in for a couple of minutes in Heaven, sweet?"

D9UQTBW.jpg

:D Ehehe....You two. :smirk:

kHVvdwY.jpg

Wasn't woohoo but hey, sometimes all you need to wrap up an evening is some making out with the fur coats and sports jackets.

lDoWerP.jpg

"All clear, Nova."

"Good. Go settle at the bar. I'll be back in a moment. You made me lose my shoe in here!"

7t03Lm5.jpg

And thus, the evening ended with a bowl of chips. :D
    Next post, we take Brody out for an evening to scout out potential workplaces and hey, maybe even meet some people.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Later that evening while Levono and Nova were probably heading home (either that or going for round 2 in the closet. Knowing them they probably were!), Brody was planning on heading out on the town, both to meet people and to scout out spots to practice his comedy.

mvhpPGg.jpg

Emma hugged him before he left, her motherly instincts kicking in.

"Now be home before daylight, you hear?"

"Heh...Mom I'm a young adult now. I can handle all nighters. I'll be fine."

Po1G2Wg.jpg

First we went to one of the nightclubs, Brody slipping into what I call the "Classic." AKA the Main Save party outfit.

frjmo5h.jpg

Again, the Colburns are taking all the jobs!

gAPLKcC.jpg

Brody went on his own and gave Candy Bher a funny introduction.

y84Z0N6.jpg

"So you come here often?"

"What? Can't hear you over the sick beats, man!"

CGOBKKY.jpg

:| Yeah this place is pretty much dead. Let's try elsewhere "Broderbund".

tMpfo8T.jpg

Next we tried the Slipback Lounge. And again, Colburns taking over jobs! This is Serenity Colburn.

T85nZSF.jpg

"Ah hi. Can I get some food please?"

OncLuXB.jpg

"Sorry, babycakes, but I'm off now."

:expressionless: Of course you are. It's Twiggy's yoga instructor all over again. And I don't mean Alice. At least that woman does her job!

yw1hYjb.jpg

Brody soon went up to the outside roof of the Slipback to where the Comedy Air Club was to.

"Eheh so...ah...I see it's a literal "outdoor air" show huh..."

agix9Ng.jpg

Brody sighed. "Yeah...Seems like the usual turn-out."

zyHdb7N.jpg

Just then, we actually had this guy show up!

"Oh! Ah hey...Hope you're having a good evening then..."

pO8WMeM.jpg

I think this guy might be a bit 'dazed' from too much juice at the bar.

UN9Nj0t.jpg

"Guess I can try some heckling comedy," thought Brody. "...Cause the circus called. They're looking for their shoes."

vjXJtOk.jpg

The guy thought it was a laugh riot.

"Phew! Usually gotta be careful on those."

czLRqAI.jpg

"Seriously though, did you hear the one about the Papa llama and his son? He says he's the 'spitting' image of him!"

"Woooo!"

Yeah Brody, that guy was completely tanked!

wTopuuI.jpg

"Ah...Thanks for listening, man...even if you won't remember it in the morning from the smell of things. Have a good night."

"Wooooo!"

LoL3Pty.jpg

After heading to a bar for a quick bite, Brody went home, Emma on her computer playing Blicblock. Maybe in this save Emma can become a video game master as opposed to a tech guru or scientist.

6qNSD2S.jpg

Good night "Broderbund."
    Next post, Peter heads out for the day, he and his brother head out on the town for an evening and another visit to the library brings up a familiar face.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

While Brody went to bed at 8am (I guess some things never change, although you kinda need to be up late trying to break into comedy sometimes), Peter and Emma had breakfast, Peter telling her his plans for the day.

ShHkizc.jpg

"Won't be too many places, Mom. I promise."

"I'm fine, sweetheart. You don't need to worry about me. And your brother is here if I get lonely. "

UUOQVxJ.jpg

First off was, where else? The Library and Hellllooo Marcus! :love:

ZkrHj89.jpg

What is with the librarians in my games all having very long beards? @luthienrising did you influence this somehow? I knows you got/had a thing for them. >.>

szm78Id.jpg

I would say shouldn't you be in school-which you should- but at least he's occupying himself with a wholesome activity.

69lBoxX.jpg

Nina Warren yelling at the Library Unicorn. May have to keep an eye out on here in case Amy, her wife, has been flirty with someone.

Xd7KzYc.jpg

Peter sat down to read "The First Unicorn," only for a book party, including the librarian of all people, to pop up next to him. Okay, bud, let's hit the gym. At least the noise there is warranted.

NiTsyFH.jpg

Well we found Amy at least. I swears all my NPC sims are getting jobs. Usually it's the pre-mades and townies that fill the roles.

38OaYrk.jpg

Peter went for the treadmill and OMG! :love: Marcus is the gym trainer here! Heart be still! Simself! Why aren't you here?! I put you in this save too, woman!

9Piaii4.jpg

"Thanks for the tips."

"No problem. Just remember to watch for any tightness in those legs. Don't wanna tear somethin'."
    Next post, we hit up the park where we find a very interesting park sleeper and the spa and then cafe.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Ah might as well post the rest of Peter's day there.

O8Q07QF.jpg

Peter went to the park next and-Oh dear Mighty!- apparently the game decided: "She's insane! Let's make her a park sleeper even though she's an unstable error AI. Well, she's more of an annoyance for now. Then again, in the beginning, the same was being said for Glitch and unlike her, Crash is pure corrupted, unstable code.

lDEOOHw.jpg

Gotta admit, the Bjorn in this save is quite the cheerful man.

"Ah what a glorious day!"

MSAidJr.jpg

Crash and Levono's daughter Fiesta join in for yoga. I'm thinking Fiesta came because far off in the distance there is Delerror so she may have been babysitting.

pC9xYa9.jpg

Peter met Bjorn over a chess game.

"I don't think I've seen you around."

"I'm Peter Williams, sir."

CphJyNS.jpg

"I see. You must related to Brody Williams then. I can tell by the face."

"He's my younger brother, yes."

"Very good!"

G51NSBB.jpg

The two chatted for a while.

"And so after Dad passed away, mom moved back in with us."

"So your father is gone too. Reminds me of Miss Miruchi and her son, Sakura. Have you met them yet?"

"Ah...I'm mildly acquainted with them, yes."

"I see. Guess you never heard how his father passed away as well. I do think it's one of the factors that makes Alice's son so skiddish."

Peter looked on with confusion, soon checking the time. He was due at the spa, if anything to at least check it out.

9udxDDk.jpg

Looks like CeeCee found herself a job. Guess after all the yoga, she decided she might as well join the spa.

HURj7cQ.jpg

:| Nova doing push-ups on the floor. This is a spa, woman, not a gym.

8cjs6zY.jpg

:D Bill's working here too. Poor Bill doesn't look happy about it though. Don't worry. There's a mini-story with yours and Crystal's name on it coming soon and it's gonna involve you getting up to that restaurant manager job.

OEWm7fk.jpg

Peter practicing some yoga. Honestly, I may scrap this place. It's nice, but hard to take pics in. Might build my own.

QDS5rB1.jpg

We hit up the cafe in Windenburg last and find a very tired Omega just after her shift. I don't know if mentioned before, but in 2nd World, as Opera was already in it as a cleanser AI, Omega and the kids suggested that maybe their copies could be just regular sims. (Of course, that was before Crash and Error.) Sure they lose immortality, but then it also means they can experience normal sim things and Alpha can actually grow.

MpfK4Ou.jpg

Of course, some experiences aren't always fun.

"When is Delta getting here to finish my shift!"

sxkO0Zr.jpg

QnwmVfm.jpg

And of course, Peter lives up to his family-oriented nature.
    Next post, the boys hit up some of the nightlife.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Before my testing of Dine Out, Peter had returned from his day out, filled with nothing extremely eventful. So, Brody, being the nightowl that he is, suggested they head out on the town.

tQaAs6M.jpg

"C'mon, bro. It could be fun. When was the last time we went out bar-hoppin' anyways?"

"When we first moved in?"

"Exactly!"

"What about mom?"

"I'm quite sure Mom will be fine. C'mon."

Peter sighed. "Alright. But I'm tired so let me take a nap first."

p6bCM8A.jpg

So, Peter clunked out for a couple of hours before the two went out.

GCs8ihz.jpg

While waiting for his brother, Brody acquired the gaming skill with some blicbloc.

2QXs86k.jpg

After showering, the two were ready.

"You got a new outfit for tonight, right?"

"Ah...I do, although I think it might be a bit tight."

"Bro, that might be a turn-on for some of the bartenders! Don't worry about it!"

5F1hyiQ.jpg

The two arrived at the first bar in Windenburg, the two finding out it was ghost night from the steaming, haunting specter behind them.

ri9lUyn.jpg

Umm...wow. Not much going on here. Not even anyone tending the bar. :| Okay next spot.

ZrWDyda.jpg

Ah, good ol' Shrieking Llama. Even with Villareal working the bar, it automatically makes it more lively than the other place.

BnOzfbr.jpg

Gh...I don't know why, but this lady seems creepy. And she's not even a ghost.

duP2wTa.jpg

The guys played "Don't Wake the Llama"

"You're gonna lose, bro?"

"Sh...I'm concentrating..."

fChIiLr.jpg

I've had spectators at these games, but never a spectral spectator.

"Ack! Not the time to kick in, carpal tunnel!"

pIN8SF3.jpg

AAaannd down went the llama.

"Heh...Said you'd lose, Peter."

"Plum..."

NkXUNvR.jpg

Brody suddenly got spooked, Peter feeling terrible about losing to his little brother.

HFiPGyJ.jpg

"Ugh...bro? We wanna try the lounge?"

"Sounds good."

Y7ef6S8.jpg

:D You know your sibling and yourself are close when you groan in unison. :joy:
    Next post, we continuing with the guys' evening out before Brody goes the early morning solo.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Brody and Peter went to the lounge, although not feeling the best of sorts, Peter embarrassed and Brody still unnerved from the ghosts. Something tells me Brody won't like the Von Haunt Estate.

ou31brg.jpg

This was the comedian for the night. Why do I always get the entertainers with the weirdest looks?

Y9RtHRN.jpg

Peter went into the washroom to give himself a pep talk.

"It's just a game and hey! You do look good in this shirt! Even if you got it from the ladies department at the Gnome Emporium..."

hdPTZlp.jpg

Meanwhile, Brody sat at the bar.

wDNnoX5.jpg

Oohhh boy :cold_sweat: May have to check on Nina. She and Nova are giving each other the stink eye.

kEFcYhc.jpg

:| Crystal...you're married.

"So...come around often, sweetheart?"

"Ah...No? Oh hey look at the time! I gotta go...shampoo my gramma, bye!"

5JGoIGi.jpg

Peter had to head off back home, leaving Brody on his own going to the cafe. Omega seemed to be in better spirits.

94kIF2e.jpg

Delta also works here and Omega I know you're new to this "simified" thing, but you have better fashion choice than green sandals with your work uniform, right?!

P5FpHnp.jpg

Brody got himself some coffee (I'm trusting you not to drink too much of it, 2nd World Brody) before we headed off to the store.

XJ9Ir60.jpg

Brody wasn't dazed, but I think being up all night made him a bit tired-loopy as he started dancing to the store music.

cGHS0yD.jpg

He tried on one of the outfits but that's when his sleep meter really dropped. C'mon Broderbund. Time to head home.

Cpv5JN8.jpg

Aw! Who's the sleepy-head? :D

And a couple of bonus pics as I went back to the store to check on Nina and Amy's relationship. Luckily no Nova lovebird but Nina is a celebrity chef! :dizzy:

aPL1crG.jpg

Also, about time we saw you around, Raven. Was beginning to wonder where you and Shannon were.

CVpbFlo.jpg

Er...Harlow? You're getting a little too much into your job, bud.
    Next post, Peter heads out to the library again.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As usual, Peter went out for the day while his brother slept, hitting up the library a bit later that night.

HsvOARJ.jpg

It was a rather quiet night, Villareal being one of the few at the library still, having probably a wonderous conversation with Mr. Uni the Unicorn.

KeP6q7m.jpg

And lo! Someone else was here too.

cjP8yHc.jpg

Feeling a bit cheeky (his brother's humour probably rubbing off on him, Peter joined the local chat.

Strawberry15: Just got back from the gym. So many people there!

Bookworm26: Must have left earlier than me then.

Strawberry15: You were there?

Bookworm26: Yeah. Quite sure I remember seeing you there. Black hair, running on the treadmill.

Strawberry15: Who is this?! I wasn't even talking to anyone then!!

Sakura panted, Peter giving a nervous smile as he spoke.

"Ah...hi..."

QGgArVz.jpg

Sakura glanced over, biting his lip as Peter chuckled nervously.

"Oh...it's...it's you...Brody's brother..Peter?"

"Yeah...Sorry...I thought it would be funny to get on the chat...Sakura, isn't it?"

"How do you know my name?" the dark-haired male asked.

Peter sighed. "Bjorn. The man tends to be a chatterbox."

LUXgydd.jpg

Sakura was about to leave, Peter following him to the front desk.

"Hey...umm...I am truly sorry if I made you freak out, okay?"

"Ah...No, no it's fine...Was...just a joke right?" Sakura said with a nervous laugh. "So...have a good evening..."

5tPnHWj.jpg

Peter nodded, taking the computer at the front desk to check on the library catalogue.

bpIW9Cq.jpg

Back at the Miruchi's Alice met Sakura at the front door.

"So how was the library? I said it wouldn't be so crowded, right?"

"Y...Yeah...Although I met with Brody's brother Peter..."

"And...did you talk to him.."

"A bit...."

hsR6wAG.jpg

"I just...I don't know Mom! I wanted to chat with him longer. I know he's a good guy like you said but..."

"Your nerves got you again..." said Alice with a sigh. "Sakura I think it's about time I called Dr. Emmett's Office. I know it's good that you're going out, sweetie, but this is serious. We need something more...proven to get you through this..."

p05iey7.jpg

"And I'll be there with you," Alice said, trying to stay on the bright side of things, Sakura feeling his heart sink.

Mca2LIJ.jpg

Back inside, Sakura slipped under the blankets of his bed, softly crying.

U1lQKYw.jpg

"Oh plum...What if he...asks me about...Oh plum! No!"
    Next post, Alice and Sakura visit Dr. Emmett's clinic where we meet a familiar face who is having her own struggles.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

WARNING: Really Big Post

After Sakura's nerves had gotten the better of him once more, Alice scheduled in an appointment with Dr. Emmett who, unbeknownst to me until I played, is actually lovebirds with Alice. :flushed: Wow! Gotta say that this save is interesting.

gZXMztP.jpg

Alice found Sakura still in his room.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Mom! Wh...What if he makes me tell? I can't, Mom! I can't! I'm scared!!!"

OwjpX0Z.jpg

"He may or he may not. We'll only know once we get there. He's a medical professional. A bit on the crazy side but...one would assume he is knowledgeable in this area, alright?"

Sakura nodded, sniffling.

"And I'll be right by you. Now c'mon. Let's go."

DdlN7LX.jpg

Yeah we replaced the gym so sue me.

DIOBAoN.jpg

The two weren't waiting long before Dr. Emmett's assistant, Opera, appeared.

"Ah...Mr. Miruchi? I do believe you have an appointment this morning?"

"Y...Yes..."

"When you are ready, follow me."

blU8g3H.jpg

Sakura turned to Alice.

"Mom...I...I don't wanna do this..."

"C'mon, dear. You'll be fine.

1bn6t67.jpg

"Sakura Miruchi and Alice Miruchi are here for you now, sir?" said Opera.

"Ah good, good. Maybe if I can fix that boy of Alice's, she'll finally accept a dinner date with me."

"Ah...Doctor you may want to focus on her son first."

T65W2eN.jpg

Alice and Sakura soon entered, Alice sitting down while Sakura looked away at the floor.

"Ah Alice, sweetpea. What brings you to my clinic today, hm?"

E5Fa2Nx.jpg

"Sakura has been suffering from a lot of anxiety recently which is..."

"Aha! So it's a brain thing, hm? Well you two hop over to my exam area and we can talk there. Opera, stand aside in case anyone calls."

iIeZqzc.jpg

"Now then," said Dr. Emmett. "Most of these things are caused by some sort of trauma. The best way to alleviate a good portion of that is by talking about it. At least I remember back in the day when I did my courses. So then, Mr. Miruchi, when did you start feeling this anxiety, hm?"

aLGLlnf.jpg

"Af...After College, sir but...I'd rather not talk about it right now, please? Just thinking about...about it hurts enough."

K0MTqRp.jpg

"Nonsense, boy," said Dr. Emmett. "Talking about it helps to get it out of your head. C'mon! Air it out!"

Sakura slammed his eyes shut, shaking his head.

eZc8EnG.jpg

"Well if that's the case, I'll have to go with the more direct route. I'll have to mind control it out of you with my simray."

Sakura's eyes widened, hands to his mouth as he shivered, the doctor continuing to press him.

"Well?"

"Nononononono...." Sakura was whispering into his hands, continuing to shake.

IZ0fWji.jpg

Opera suddenly gave a glare as she saw the scene.

BKTSesQ.jpg

"You leave me no choice, boy. Opera, get me my simray and have Mr. Miruchi lay down for a memory reading."

Sakura looked down, frightened and almost ready to burst into tears.

"Ah, Dr. Emmett," said Opera. "You may want to take the call at the front desk first."

AqhW0WQ.jpg

Once Dr. Emmett was out of the room, Opera barricaded the door with the chair at the desk.

zKdVm6n.jpg

"Wh...What's going on?" asked Sakura. "Y...You're not going to...to mind control me, are you?!"

"Even I'm a bit confused," added Alice.

duMSebu.jpg

"No, no," Opera assured him. "Dr. Emmett can be...irrational...sometimes. What he proposed was way out of line. I'm going to give you an alternative prescription for what is going on with you, alright?"

E1crxka.jpg

"Well..." said Alice. "I'm sure what you are thinking of would be much better than mind control, right Sakura?"

Sakura didn't speak, lip quavering.

Zxg5ZGO.jpg

Opera approached the shivering cherry blossom.

"You really don't want to say, do you...." she said softly..

"No..." Sakura said with a choked sob.

"Alright then. What I suggest to you is this: Everyday, you are going to write a journal about how you feel and what time you felt this anxiety during which days. At the end of each week, you are to send the entries to my e-mail. I'll leave it with you and your mother as it's one Dr. Emmett doesn't know about. I am also going to suggest some calming methods. I do believe your mother has mentioned you paint? Try to do that and also exercise each day. That will help with coping with this as well."

UwyColx.jpg

"I don't know..." said Sakura, shaking his head.

"Just try, okay? You don't have to write what happened. That may come eventually. Just write about what you are feeling each day. Happy, sad. Anything. Sending them to me after will let me see if there are any patterns and see if we need to do some other things, okay?"

Sakura simply nodded.

GUCwLTm.jpg

"Thank you, dear," said Alice as Opera moved the chair out of the way.

"No problem. Dr. Emmett has probably gone home by now. I had better go and see to him."

bNlzW4J.jpg

Back out in the waiting room, Alice had her serious face on as she spoke to Sakura.

"Once we leave here, we're buying a computer so you can get at that journal. And no leaving it in your room. I won't read anything, but I want to be sure you write it, understand?"

"Y...Yes mom."
    Next post, we look into the relationship between Opera and Dr. Emmett and see if her actions had any ramifications
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After defying Dr. Emmett, Opera prepared to return home, ready to face whatever consequences she would possibly suffer.

GUMJETz.jpg

"OPERA!" she heard the doctor's old scratchy throat call.

She inhaled, putting on a stern face as she entered.

guCJ2ex.jpg

"There you are, Opera," said Dr. Emmett, growling. "You're late."

"I was cluing up at the office," Opera replied with the same lion-like stance and tone. "Making sure your notes were accurate and up to date."

SLOxUOM.jpg

"Which should have been the only thing you were doing today!" the old man yelled at her. "How dare you defy me-again-before my patients. I did not gain my level of wellness (The guy's a lvl 10! I didn't do that!) just to have a mere AI question my methodologies!"

IiKL4d5.jpg

"Plum your methodologies!" Opera fired back. "You know mind control is a last resort tactic in the psychological field and yet you were ready to shoot that young man as if it were a simple vaccine! Did you not see that he was terrified?! You would have done more harm than good! And all because you are infatuated with his mother!! You're nothing but a...an insensitive, supercilious, doltish, selfish geriatric!"

xxlTk6R.jpg

Opera kept her glare as Dr. Emmett spoke.

"I may be old, Opera but if I am such a dolt, would I have asked the Player to create you? And I allowed you to live with me, did I not? How is that insensitive or selfish? And further more, Opera Avast, you are my assistant and AI. In that context, I am obviously your superior and just from my studies and traits alone, I am superior to you in intelligence."

"That may be questionable," said Opera.

lBy5RYF.jpg

"Don't you see, Dr. Emmett?" said Opera. "You're too old for this profession now. And if I may be blunt..."

Dr. Emmett sighed in frustration. "I do not have time for this."

47pYBIR.jpg

"That is enough out of you, you rebellious bit of code!" Dr. Emmett fumed. "If you wish to remain here and having a roof over your head, you will cease your bickering with your superior and fall back into line like a proper AI. You are bound on contract! Without me, you would not exist and I can easily have it so that you are abandoned into cyberspace where your coding can be dispersed. Now follow me. You're staying in your room the rest of this evening!"

YbdzZ6g.jpg

Opera's heart the dropped. Despite all the arguing she could do, Dr. Emmett was right: She was under contract to assist him and had he not asked for her to be created, she would not have existed at all. She didn't wish to become a remnant of the ethers of cyberspace.

"Hurry up!"

"Yes sir..."

sOa2tOu.jpg

Opera entered her room with a sigh, Dr. Emmett shouting. "You will learn, Opera, that you are only an AI, a simple program created to listen to commands. If I see you out tonight, I will lock you in next time!"

NNCORla.jpg

Opera bowed her head with a tear, calling back. "Y...Yes sir..."

VT3HxVX.jpg

The young AI sat on the bed, looking out the window that reflected the pool outside.

"Is that all I am? Just a mere assistant program? Why give me intelligence and self-awareness then? I want to help people! Be sure they're safe! Does...that mean there's something wrong with my coding then?"

L6xHoE2.jpg

"There has to be more to being an AI than that...surely..."
    Next post, we return to the Williams family and Brody's quest for a non-tanked audience as he hits the bars and lounges.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

At the Williams' household, Brody had overslept, rushing to head out before most of the usual audiences went home for the night.

idm76JE.jpg

"Time to try the lounge," he thought. "Hope I'm not too late."

8EKCjmA.jpg

"Yeah," thought Brody as he made it to the Solar Flare. "About the same as usual."

BxdEeVc.jpg

Nevertheless, there were a handful of early morning loungers kicking around, Brody taking up the mic. And if anything, at least this bartender was on the same floor.

mGHGrpe.jpg

"Oh boy..." Brody said to himself. "Just go with the flow...Never know...we might get someone..."

ZiphFH1.jpg

Just then, as Brody started, a guy who wasn't smelling of juice came up.

"Wha-I mean Good mornin'! I was supposed to be hear last night, but my alarm clock didn't go off. Funny how we swear on an alarm clock that doesn't go off, but if you strap that to something that goes "BOOM!" and it doesn't go off, we're totally relieved."

GIcSFIz.jpg

The guy clapped quickly.

"Gotta be careful on jokes like that," thought Brody. "At least this guy found it entertaining."

R7x1hMK.jpg

"Yeah. So anyways, did you hear the one about the duck...ah..."

Just then, Brody felt his stomach tighten.

38hjfXX.jpg

"And...ah..."

His audience stared on in anticipation.

"You okay, man?"

"Yeah, yeah just...ngh..."

Stage fright?! How was he getting stage fright?! He was Broderick Samuel Williams. He never got stage fright!

K5c3TIc.jpg

He felt his head become light as well.

"Ahh..sorry, man. I need to cancel the rest of the act...I'm not feeling well..."

lhnVMOM.jpg

"Boooo..."

"Yeah..." said Brody. "Kinda what I'm feeling right now..."

K941h2J.jpg

Brody went to the bar, downing a drink as he felt his stomach ease up, although not by much. It couldn't be stage fright, was it? He performed before other people before and not just his brother. Why was he getting hit with this now?

Un9kAO4.jpg

Hey Player! See this!
    Next post, Brody still feels not up to his usual self, thinking maybe a work-out might help.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Feeling a bit drained, Brody figured that maybe it was stress and that some light work-out might help to relax him.

uDPvjBx.jpg

Remind me to check this guy cause I swears he looks like a supervillian.

zbM9pT5.jpg

Dat lighting

blZ3xlk.jpg

Eliza and Don started chatting Brody up.

"You're that guy from the lounge aren't you?"

"Heh...yeah. I go there sometimes."

"Yeah I heard you choked this morning."

"Thanks for reminding me. Now if you excuse me, I need to find someone that isn't going to insult my face."

GYmqwz2.jpg

Brody decided to head to the park to try and relax, now actually quite far from home.

"Ugh...I can't shake this...Maybe I need a nap...."

n4YgCHp.jpg

Oh he napped alright...with Crash nearby!

q8afK3P.jpg

Again, dat lighting!

i1Tw6lG.jpg

Brody woke up, still bent out of shape and now hungry.

"Ugh...Great...Just what I need...A flare-up. Hopefully this is won't affect my cooking..."

WobXaWX.jpg

He eventually slapped some burgers on the grill.

iEqhjSv.jpg

Brody took a burger and ate slowly, groaning as his llama-tortoise syndrome had apparently decided to flare-up. No wonder he was having issues telling jokes this morning.

HRI4ppU.jpg

"Hey," said Crash as she sat to join him at lunch. "You're not looking so good."

"Ngh...just...tired is all..." said Brody.

UHArLKs.jpg

"Yeah...totally..." said Crash, a grin on her face as she seemed to enjoy Brody's misery.

Z022KkR.jpg

Brody soon collected the rest of the burgers, Crash chuckling.

"Aw...leaving so soon? I was hoping to bask in more of your misery. Heh...See you around then..."
    Next post, Brody finds himself lost and ends up meeting some friendlier AIs.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Knowing that a flare-up from his condition would be made worse if he stayed out in the sun too long, and that he was finding himself lost, Brody found himself on the Outskirts of Oasis Springs, hoping to find a house that looked friendly enough. And so, what looks friendlier than a house with two girls standing in front of it with weirdly colored hair and markings?

HWqtwRC.jpg

"So yeah...That's why I was wondering if I could rest here a bit...cause if I don't, I'm gonna an easy target for an alien abduction on the sidewalk when I pass out."

7hwBmyV.jpg

Data laughed. "I like him. He's silly."

"Yeah I've heard about that condition," said Dot when talking to Brody. "Not common but can be a bit of a pain when it flares up. Go on in."

wXTnUvM.jpg

"Thanks a bunch," said Brody. And if you're wondering, yes Brody has the "Always Welcome" trait. Hey he saved up the points so why not?

N9GrMXA.jpg

Meanwhile, Error was swimming in the pool.

A3G2Cet.jpg

After a shower, Brody decided to treat his hostesses to some dinner.

"Yo! I brought burgers!"

nfsDev0.jpg

Brody watched as the ladies came into the kitchen, soon noticing Error.

"Whoa! Haven't met you yet. You live here too?"

Error nodded with a smile.

Cah2GoV.jpg

Apparently the table was too good for Dot and Error...lol.

9w99eoj.jpg

"So...about Crash...I sensed she's nearby."

"Yeah I heard," said Dot. "She's hanging around the parks. But don't worry for now. Just because she was made a park sleeper doesn't mean the seal on her will break."

Error nodded. "That's good then. Also, who is this guy here?"

"His name is Brody. If I remember correctly from File Linking, he's one of the Player's main sims. Apparently poor guy's llama-tortoise syndrome acted up and he needed a place to crash for a bit."

"Ah...please don't say 'crash'."

Pw9u63H.jpg

Error's goofy walk actually has a meaning. Because of the split, Error isn't exactly the most coordinated. While Glitch had the classy feminine stride to her, Crash stripped most of the strength and corruption during the split, leaving Error as a weaker-but much kinder- error AI.

hzHVwtj.jpg

"So you're Error, huh?" said Brody after introductions. "You any relation to some video game character?"

Error laughed. "Ah...I think I know what you're talking about. No, no. That's just my name."

TRLQ3XD.jpg

"I'm actually an AI," explained Error. "We're technically personifications of programs and settings and, well, glitches, of this world. Dot and Data are Patch AI so they make sure things such as certain bugs don't happen, like the time all the food in the world was spicy. I'm an Error AI myself. I...don't really do much aside from inadvertently cause the occasional clipping of sims?"

KPAntXt.jpg

"You kidding?" said Data, joining them for a moment. "You're able to sense Crash. That can be a really big thing ya know."

"Ah...true..." Error said hesitantly. "But aside from a corruption touch...I don't even know what I can do in terms of abilities."

XQBMAv7.jpg

"Sounds like you're trying to find yourself, huh," said Brody. "Hey, takes time and we're all trying to discover more about ourselves ya know. Like I discovered that I apparently can cook better than my brother, and you'd think he'd know more by reading all those cookbooks. Anyways, I gotta go. It's getting dark now and I should be able to make the walk home, now that I kinda got my bearings. See you around?"

Error laughed. "Yeah. I'm sure."

7utU3BH.jpg

Back home, Brody hugged his mom while Peter was busy playing Blic-Bloc.
    Next post, Brody's llama-tortoise syndrome really starts to hit hard, Emma suggesting a method to ease his muscles at a new spot in town.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

WARNING: Big Post!
    After meeting with the AIs, Brody returned home and fell fast asleep in bed. Still, he couldn't shake the overall ache, piled on top with the strain on his muscles.

7jj4dc8.jpg

Brody woke up, hurting all over as if his entire body was being lightly shocked, muscles throbbing in pain.

kQ3ViII.jpg

"Brody are you alright?" asked Peter, noticing his brother's frowning face.

"Mnm..." said Brody with his mouth full, shaking his head.

QJHnuGw.jpg

"Are you having another issue, sweetheart?" asked Emma, Brody nodding.

"Yeah...starting up yesterday and I haven't really shaken it. Everything feels tight and sore..."

sHXRxbR.jpg

"Well I remember when you had a similar flare-up when you were younger," said Emma. "The doctor said best thing was to ease the muscles and rest. Luckily a new spa opened up downtown and would be a wonderful family outing as well as a means of loosening up your muscles and ease your pain."

"Wait...are you talking about that big spa?"

"Ah...no..This one is called Poppy's Spa. The old spa was closed down recently. Apparently, unbeknownst to most of the staff, it was also selling illegal buzzberry substitutes on the black market."

"Yeesh..."

1pYgRAw.jpg

After breakfast, Emma took the guys to Poppy's Spa, telling Brody to first go for deep tissue massage. Although from the looks of things, the therapist needs coffee...or a gameboy.

rCZJr6E.jpg

"Ah...can I get a deep tissue massage?"

"Yeah sure. Gives me something to do."

Pg3be4z.jpg

Aw, what's wrong Mr. Kim?

P8t8biy.jpg

While Brody was getting his massage, Peter and Emma took over one of the saunas.

pEYm0J6.jpg

Brody winced. "Ahh..."

"You seem tight all over..."

"Yeah...it's a medical...ngh...condition...This is supposed to..hah...help..."

grfHZiT.jpg

The massage therapist went to push his hand hard into Brody's back muscles.

"Oouuchh...Owowow..."

"You'll live."

JcZw0Az.jpg

"OOUUuuuchhh..." Brody gave a small cry.

"Almost done sir," said the therapist.

ZnIuj8S.jpg

While Brody was getting 'tortured', Emma took a seat on one of the meditation stools.

0D21Iwz.jpg

After the massage, Brody went over to CeeCee to ask about hand and foot massages.

"Sure, sure," said CeeCee, as bored as everyone else, soon taking her seat. "Guess I shouldn't complain about work but you know how boring it gets when no one wants a hand or foot massage done?"

HSpwKEP.jpg

As CeeCee massaged his left foot, Brody suddenly winced hard.

"Whoa...You okay? I wasn't pressing all that hard."

"It's just my...ngh...condition. It reacts like that some...times..."

6FUhNHM.jpg

Brody took in some breaths to ride out the pain.

"So what is it?" asked CeeCee. "If I may ask?"

"L...Llama-Tortoise Syndrome....When it flares up it..hah....makes all my muscles tense up..."

"Okay yeah I've read about that. Not many here have it, although I did hear cousin Levono's son Toshi might be showing signs. You know them?"

"Not really..."

uGcMeSB.jpg

After CeeCee moved to the other foot, Brody watched, bracing for another shot of unknotting muscle fibres. Luckily though, there was nothing this time.

"Huh," said CeeCee. "Seems like it's okay here."

"Thanks..." said Brody. "Could mean it's starting to ease off."

ZzAWq9X.jpg

While CeeCee worked with Brody, Peter went for a swim in the pool.

RwO3ZkR.jpg

CeeCee started to massage Brody's hands, luckily the guy feeling even less pain now.

9K4EazD.jpg

"That should do it," said CeeCee. "Thanks for actually giving me something to do. There's only so many stories I can tell ya know and I'm starting to get bored of them."

"Thanks and....wait, what?"

OeGY0sc.jpg

Emma soon came over, Brody hugging her.

"How you feeling now, dear?" she asked.

"Much better. Thanks for the trip out."
    Next post, Sakura struggles with his journal writing and Brody gets news of a new group opening up to support those living with life-interrupting conditions.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Back at the Miruchi household, some time had passed, Sakura slowly trying to get into writing his journal at Opera's request.

05fYzS2.jpg

Alice had the computer placed just outside Sakura's room and the bathroom, keeping on her word that she wanted to be able to see where it was. She was usually happy-go-lucky when it came to her son, but with everything going on now, she was making sure he kept to what he was prescribed.

am7Ar75.jpg

Sakura was having another hard day.

"Mom, I don't even know if I have the energy to write today. Surely missing one day won't hurt will it?"

2OIAHwd.jpg

"I'm sorry, Sakura, but this is something I'm putting my foot down on. It's like medicine: You have to do it. Even if all you can write about is how sad you're feeling. Not only is it to get your worry out, but it's also so Opera can track your lows and highs as she said in that e-mail. I'll duct tape you to the chair if I have to."

yGq8gzI.jpg

Alice soon left the kitchen, Sakura taking a moment to heave a small sob.

"Sakura, c'mon!" Alice called.

iekfNsG.jpg

Sakura slowly walked over to the computer, shaking his head before he sat down.

ZIqZGNN.jpg

He typed the best he could, despite his low mood. It wasn't all that much, but the whole point wasn't to write a novel: Just write how he was feeling.

3hhb1Ub.jpg

"What would Opera even think of this? I can't write that..." Sakura said to himself, wiping away a few tears.

"Keep going, sweetheart," Alice called from the couch. "You're not leaving that chair until I hear the "ding" of you saving that journal."

PPNAsDj.jpg

Eventually, Sakura finished, hanging his head as he shivered.

"I...I'm done..."

"Did you send it off to Opera with the rest of them?" asked Alice, Sakura nodding softly.

tXbbySU.jpg

Alice walked over, hugging her son tight.

"I'm proud of you, dear. I know it's a struggle and I may seem strict, but it'll help, even if not right away."

Sakura sniffled. "Y...Yeah..."

26jEbtI.jpg

Speaking of, Opera was walking outside, returning from the office.

cv9HQo5.jpg

"Opera!" Alice called out. "All done for today?"

"Yes, Miss Miruchi," she said. "Although I cannot chat long."

dYjQQgW.jpg

"Dr. Emmett has me under strict curfew," she explained, Alice's face becoming concerned as Sakura came out.

"Oh dear. What an old mule," she said.

BbOSuly.jpg

"Look, I'll butter up the old man. Come in and relax."

Opera paused for a moment before nodding. "Very well."

3XAt8xu.jpg

Sakura slipped into his art studio to work on a painting and avoid Opera.

1Q2GtdZ.jpg

"Well...It's alright..." said Sakura.

eoMvUqb.jpg

And, of course, we added it to the wall.

wnS7Qy7.jpg

Out in the sitting room, Opera moved over by Sakura.

"While I'm here, mind if I look over your journal?"

"Ah...I guess..." said Sakura. "I e-mailed it to you anyway."

"Which is good, but at least here Dr. Emmett won't see what we are doing."

LnJcxtg.jpg

Sakura slipped into his room, about to go for the closet when he stopped himself, still apprehensive about Opera looking over the first week of his journal.

"What if it's really bad? Wh...What if..."

ovA4RRO.jpg

Sakura eventually went to bed.

HDYwEaY.jpg

"Alright now," said Opera. "Let's see what he wrote today..."

XX-XX-XXXX

I didn't want to write today but mom said I had to. I've been feeling miserable since this morning. About 5am I think. I had a nightmare. I was feeling a bit better around dinnertime when I made salad, but the reminder of this journal brought me back to this morning.

I don't even know if this will work for me. I still try to head out to the gym, but unless my treadmill partner Twiggy is there, I never feel comfortable. I just don't like being in a crowd of people I don't know, not knowing what they're thinking of me! I can't bare to look at most people.

Next post, Brody joins a new group led by a mysterious woman
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Having a flare-up from his condition, Brody decided that upon hearing of a new group being formed in town that helped support those living with chronic pain and other hindering conditions, that he could help by sharing what he did to cope, as well as maybe learning some other techniques, should someone of that group have llama-tortoise syndrome as well.

uuEh4x6.jpg

Her name is Mercedes Light. Originally thought to be a townie, Light is actually something else, which may be revealed in the future. For now though, she is just a sim to everyone, and founder of the chronic support group.

chIG7E4.jpg

Brody waved. "Evenin' Miss."

Light smiled. "Good evening, dear. You must be Brody. You called my phone earlier."

JiFrras.jpg

"Yeah. I noticed you had a post on Simbook about your chronic support group?"

Light nodded. "Yes. I created when I moved here, based on a group I was part of long ago. We meet up ever so often, discuss how we're doing and share anything we've found to help each other cope. I joined the one long ago after I lost both my arms and was trying to get used to artificial ones you see. I decided it might be nice to give back to the community."

hfDusHX.jpg

"Well, I was wondering if I could join."

Light looked up from playing with the chess pieces, still smiling.

"If I may be blunt, dear, it's rare to have someone your age asking to join such a group."

"Well, let's just say what I got pretty much qualifies me. I don't know if anyone else in the group might have what I have, but I do know I'd help anyone if they do. And hey, it gets me out of the house."

ZMigLeO.jpg

"So, can I?"

Light laughed. "Of course, dear. We usually meet here. There's only a handful of us, but so far, it's interesting to see just who needs support."

dJwRL0s.jpg

"Great! I'll see you next meeting then," said Brody, giving Light a smile before heading off.
    Next post, Opera shares the news of Light's support group, suggesting Sakura to join as well.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As news spread about Light's support group, Opera e-mailed Sakura to tell him the news, suggesting that he should join up as well as the group was rather small.

yt7A6ak.jpg

"Sakura," said Alice as her son napped on the couch. "You getting up?"

Sakura groaned, waking and sitting up.

xraiTgr.jpg

"So I was talking to Brody and he said he's joined this chronic support group I think it's called. Have you seen the posts on Simbook?"

"Ah...Actually Opera messaged me about it. She said I should join as there's a couple of spaces available."

"Have you contacted Light then?"

4xQucpz.jpg

Sakura shivered.

"Mom, you know what I'm like with crowds. And...And I'm not like Brody. He has that muscular condition. I...I just need to get over..."

WcDxMLH.jpg

"Sakura...what have I said about Opera?"

Sakura sighed. "That unless in a joking manner, what she suggests is to be taken as a prescription. But..."

Alice gave him a stern look. "I'm serious, Sakura. Before you went to college, you didn't have such an issue. Being part of a group may help you get used to crowds again...."

Yjt0Smp.jpg

Suddenly, Sakura burst into tears, crying uncontrollably.

"Oh...Oh dear. Sakura?"

"Please don't make me, Mom. Please!" Sakura sobbed.

IZAlybp.jpg

"Come here, come here," said Alice as she stood up, comforting him. "I'm sorry, dear. I should have watched my wording. But still...you need some support other than me, sweetheart. So tomorrow, we're gonna have you sign up, okay?"

ylX0ds9.jpg

"I don't know," said Sakura. "I guess I'll try..."

M92Vwwp.jpg

"That's better," said Alice, hugging the cherry blossom. "Now go to bed. You need some rest."
    Next post, Sakura hesitantly signs up for Light's support group and meets at the library for his first meeting.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Sakura woke up the next morning, still hesitant to call Light. He still didn't believe it would him much good.

GSpwGe1.jpg

Alice met with Sakura at the dining room table.

"Have you called Light yet?" she asked, Sakura groaning for a moment.

"I...I was about to after...after breakfast."

"Ah good then. I heard they're having a meeting. It's only across the road. I'll be here."

fYwJ2gK.jpg

Sakura left the table, looking up Light's number and was about to call, but swiftly hanging up after the second ring.

EIf88Gj.jpg

"I can't..." he said softly. "This can't help me..."

ABJM16s.jpg

Just then, after her shower, Alice met up with him.

"So, are you in?"

"Ahh..." Sakura said, lying. "Yes...I...I'll be going over in a bit."

xgBFFPh.jpg

"That's excellent, dear!" said Alice. "I know it must have been a hard step for you to take, but I'm proud of you. I'm gone to watch some TV. Don't be late for the meeting."

vOQXlJn.jpg

"Nice one, Sakura." he thought to himself. "Now you really don't have a choice. Maybe...Maybe it won't so bad."

Still rather sheepishly, Sakura decided to text Light, soon receiving a message that he was accepted and that they were meeting up very soon. He took a breath, soon heading across the road.

foxkAXv.jpg

In the library, Sakura hid himself by the bookcases, trying to not be seen by onlookers.

"C'mon. This isn't how it's done...I...I gotta go and..."

WU3EF3Q.png

"There you are!" a lady suddenly appeared from behind the bookcases, startling Sakura.

"Gah!"

"We were looking for you!"

Sakura felt his heart thunder in his head.

"Who...Who are you?"

1cHqR9x.jpg

"I'm Crystal Rivers, one of the members of Light's support group. She was wondering where you went. C'mon! We're over by the couches."

DfcKbNe.jpg

"D...Don't touch me!" Sakura suddenly exclaimed. "Just...leave me alone!"

"O..Oh! I'm sorry..." she said with surprise. "I'll...I'll let you be then."

HRyYxHk.jpg

"Ah...wait..." Sakura tried to say as Crystal walked off.

g5alfk7.jpg

He bowed his head, sniffling.

"You're always messing things up, Sakura. You...You shouldn't be so scared. I...I gotta try...right?"
    Next post, Sakura finally joins the group for a bit and gets some comfort by a familiar face.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

During the support group meeting, Sakura was still feeling uneasy. After a couple of breaths though, he went over to the couches to 'mingle' with the others.

DO8had3.jpg

Sakura started chatting with Levono.

"Ah so you're Sakura," said Levono, laughing. "We were wondering where you were."

"I...I just needed some time..." he said, glancing down for a moment before returning to Levono. "So...why are you here...I mean! If...If it's okay to ask."

N3KWVdw.jpg

Levono laughed, although trying to keep it down a bit as they were in a library.

"It's fine. My condition is rather...complicated. I'm an AI so what I suffer from is more based with that."

"You're an AI? Do you know Dot and Data then?" asked Brody.

"Yes, yes. I know them two," answered Levono before going back to Sakura. "Basically, I have a condition that 'flares-up' from time to time because where I've been under a bit of pressure recently. It results in me gaining corrupted code and...think of it like a headache, except that this one can distort parts of your surroundings. It's a bit of a pain honestly but...I have started looking into incense to keep the stress down."

Sakura simply nodded, Levono getting up as Nova was at the library as well.

W5VOSEl.jpg

"How is the meeting, love? Learn anything to help with your unstable bit codes?"

"Ah...tis only the first meeting, dear. We're all just getting to know each other pretty much."

dAN2vWj.jpg

Eventually, Sakura moved over to the computers, joining the local chat.

"Huh. Dunno that name," said Brody.

p9ZkJhn.jpg

Sakura sighed as he typed.

Strawberry15: Not really enjoying being at this place. Crowds freak me out...

Meteor9: Heh. Bad party? Too bad. Would love to see your crying face.

BobWasHere23: Hey Meteor, lay off. What's wrong, Strawberry15?

Strawberry15: I joined this group and I don't know what to do! I could just go back home, but I've been told it's supposed to help me. But how is it supposed to help me if I can't even speak to people face to face?

BobWasHere23: Group?

Strawberry15 has logged out

upEWZEX.jpg

Brody glanced over, seeing Sakura trying to hold back a sob, soon putting the incidents together.

"Hm? Whoa! Sakura!"

NLcSPvE.jpg

Brody stood up.

"So you're Strawberry15. You're really not enjoying being here?"

Sakura sniffled. "No...I don't like...being in places where I think people are watching me...And now with this, I know people are watching me!"

52xqaWo.jpg

"Hey now...Take it easy. Why do you think a part of this group, huh? So we have people that we know don't mind what we're like or what we have."

Sakura whimpered. "Yeah but...At least with most of you guys it's something physical or...or you can hide it somewhat..."

A kid laughed in the distance. "Aha! Crybaby!"

c7kksrG.jpg

Sakura stood straight up, looking away from Brody and trying not to make it look like he was crying, only speaking to Brody again when he was sure the kid had gone.

Yd15IRO.jpg

Brody chuckled as he continued. "Dude if I could hide what's wrong with me, I'd be grateful! But like I said, we're here to support each other, right?"

Sakura sniffled. "Y...Yeah. I guess so..."

FUXaqXp.jpg

The kid spoke up again.

"Ha! You cry all the time? What are you? Some Candy doll or somethin'? You probably wear pink and...and dress all in pink and...and play with dollies! You're so much of a shrimp that you're probably scared of butterflies."

"Please just stop..." Sakura tried to hold back a sob.

"Haha! You can't handle being teased by a kid!~ Nyeh nyeh!"

DVj2e6g.jpg

Brody growled.

"Hey Max lay off! This is a private conversation and so help me Plumbobs if you tease him again, I'll stuff you in a rocket and shoot you off to Sixam, which your dad might actually be grateful for! C'mon, Sakura, let's go outside."

CYIh4je.jpg

The two went to the gazebo, Sakura biting his lip.

"Y...You didn't have to do that...."

"Don't be embarrassed about it. Villareal's kid is a hard case. Can make most adults even cry. But I learned quick he's just all steam. His group the renegades do perform some nasty pranks, but they won't hurt you."

Sakura gulped. "T...Thank plum for that..."

VzFRgpa.jpg

"And hey, Sakura?" said Brody. "Don't feel like you're all alone okay? Again, this group thing is to not only help and share with how we're coping with stuff, but it's also a great way to find people that support you. I know you said you're tackling some major anxiety and while I don't know the details, just know I got your back, okay?"

Sakura gave a teary but small smile.

"O...Okay..."
    Next post, Brody and Peter head out for some exercise.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Although Brody tends to wear out faster than his brother, exercise is still a very important part of both the guys' weekly activities, the two planning on heading out.

02zOlYz.jpg

Noticed that fruit salad is now an option for my sims. Not sure which pack or patch introduced it or maybe it's MC Commander, but I like having the option.

AWdqXl5.jpg

Aww...Brody's first knife cut.

"Yeowch! Ow! Ow!"

gvJh0f6.jpg

"Okay, Brody," said Peter after the two ate. "Remember to pace yourself today. We don't need you getting all sore again."

"Don't worry, bro. I can handle it."

1i6A1lU.jpg

The first place they went to was the pool, Brody climbing up onto the diving platform.

"Peter! Watch this!"

"Hm?"

nBtN1Si.jpg

"CANNONBALL!"

JS1y77n.jpg

Kerploosh!!

uBsYpEA.jpg

"You okay, Brody?"

Brody laughed. "Totally! That was awesome!"

wg5F9gi.jpg

Alice Colburn's dive....

2M2VyKl.jpg

...Not so much....

2aHH0ED.jpg

Peter decided he was going to try for a swan dive.

EaSJo0f.jpg

Which caused him to splash his brother in the process of failure.

b1IMlzq.jpg

"Bro! You got water in my ear!"

"S...Sorry..."

"Ugh...let's just head to the gym..."

4icL6ye.jpg

At the gym, Brody went to go let off some steam at the punching bag, only to be attacked himself.

"Hah! Working on a new comedy routine, Broderbund?"

gfFLSx5.jpg

"Eliza go make out with a llama before I use these gloves on you..."

"Okay yeesh..."

UO6LyWf.jpg

Eliza soon left him alone.

"And tell Bob I said Hi!"

J2p6yyj.jpg

"Hey Eliza."

"Hey Peter. What's up with your brother?'

"Ah...I may or may not have made him temporarily deaf."

"Huh?"

YSEhihH.jpg

Brody needed some hygiene so we figured a rest in the hottub might help....only for these two to come and interrupt us.

1upaKxH.jpg

"Broderbund" soon returned to the punching bags, Twiggy taking over his original one.

laC6uhp.jpg

Sometimes though, we don't know our limits.

VkC4PoA.jpg

"Pushed yourself too hard again?"

"Lay off, bro. I tried to watch it."

"Hey take it easy. I was only gonna suggest we hit up the spa."

"Heh...okay."

ZuroN22.jpg

:tired_face: Argh! Don stop mooning me!!

fFde4VV.jpg

The spa recently added baths, allowing Brody to wash up and relax his muscles.

wP6VaGX.jpg

Later on, Amy Warren took a mud bath and WHaha! Love this glitch! :lol:
    Next post, the boys go out for a 'knight' on the town.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After a strenuous day of exercise, Brody decided that there was only one way to relax: Dress in a knight costume and go out for cheap drinks with his brother.

ga0hRgW.jpg

"I'm looking good"

vC2Osdp.jpg

At the Old Quarter Inn, Brody noticed his brother wasn't wearing a helmet.

"Bro, you look a LARP reject. Why aren't you wearing a helmet?"

"I tried but my glasses press too close my face and hurt."

"Ah well. Maybe it'll count anyways."

FdPnynf.jpg

While Brody ordered one of the knight night drinks, I had Peter order his fav drink and whoa! Apparently Peter in 2nd World is into the high class stuff, taking up a glass of 'nectar'

mNEtFg6.jpg

Aw! :3 The two there are Amy and Nina Warren. Looks like they switched helmets when going as a couple.

ZX0Ga1d.jpg

"Hey bro! Ready for the next place?"

"Heh. Sure."

lUVe0CD.jpg

:joy: There's only one guy that would be that muscle-bound and barely fitting in that knight costume...and no it ain't plum Don Lothario!

y706u8e.jpg

Apparently Brody's fav drink is this flaming one.

RQHlwDq.jpg

The Knights of Ni watching sports and awaiting Shrubbery.

W5lDYhq.jpg

Last up was the Rattlesnake, Peter sticking on a pot of coffee.

JQ7pSiH.jpg

I'd better watch you, Broderbund. Don't you go all coffee loopy on me. >->

R0LTXx8.jpg

They had a grand old conversation with this random lady here. Not sure who the other knight was.

K9GCATj.jpg

Three Knights walk into a bar....I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere.
    Next post, Emma decides to go out on the town for a night.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184