Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's one thing that TS3 did amazingly well?

I recently reinstalled Pets and was amazed all over again with the horses -- their appearance, their animations, and everything your Sims can do with them. They're not perfect (I'm now using a mod to increase the tail thickness and one to change their height to give me ponies) but I thought horses were really, really well done.

Comments

• Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    I agree on that - though must admit, I was looking through my photobucket earlier and saw that I used to have a mod for their tail as well lol. Horses were the reason as to why I bought Pets in the first place (aside from the fact that it's pets ;) ) and didn't get on my nerves at all whereas the puppies and their naughtiness did lol. :P
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I personally find that originally Ghosts, and later, all the other supernaturals were done rather brilliantly. I love how they expanded on ghosts in TS3 to the point where you could make them playable, and have ghost babies ( which are SO CUTE ) and so on. I think Werewolves were particularly well done, alongside the rest of the supers, even fairies, which I complained about in the beginning ( the thought of them )
    Vampires are fairly good, but I was disappointed in the wrist biting. I wanted them to bite necks and be a little more on the dangerous side.

I'm not even going to get into zombies and don't include them. They simply just wrecked those.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I'm not even going to get into zombies and don't include them. They simply just wrecked those.

Totally agree with you on this one. Normally I don't mind them, but in TS3, I did NOT like the way they were done, so much I added a mod to prevent them, and still have the different stages of the moon.

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited May 2016
    I can finally play with Pets again with my new computer and I agree. The horses are outstanding (the cats on the other hand could have been done much better.) :)

But, I would have to say that the thing I think S3 did the absolute best is CAS and the Create A Pattern and Create A World tools. To give us all of these great tools to style the game however we wanted to, including adding our own patterns and building our own towns, was just amazing to me. Love it!
    Post edited by StephSteb on
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I can't say enough about the scenery in TS3! It is absolutely gorgeous, no matter what season or time of day. I really like what they did with the imaginary friends, also. I like that toddlers and children can build relationships with them and then turn them into Sims who can go on and have families and friendships later in life.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2016
    The mixologist animations are one of my favorites as far as animations.Scenery wise Shang Simla is my favorite.Romantic animation favorite is the dip kiss added with ITF.Favorite social interaction is the 20 slaps in 3 seconds where they see stars.The townies are very very!!! well made and EA makes better sims then me.Will not post pictures of towniess because it would be an infinate endless loop and cause a rift in the time space continuim.The majority of the clothes are quite detailed and really amazing,over the years seen so much hate on them yet here I am still not using CC and my sims are fly asf.

Hard to choose just one..easy to choose hundreds

If choosing one though will take the easy route and say Sims 3 is Awesome.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    Traits! I discovered that a good balance of traits in TS3 makes for very exciting gameplay because every sim can be made unique and you never know what they'll do. My formula when adding traits:

2 Postive (Mix of Skilling and Social) e.g Greenthumb and Family Oriented

2 Negative: Hot Headed and Unflirty,

1 Random (For uniqueness): Clumsy or Neurotic
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Agreed on the things mentioned!
    Just one...? Then I go for.... the genies. I love how you really have to put some effort into getting one in your game (also great for people who don't care for supernaturals), I like the wishes they can fulfill and they're great to play. I loved to be able to play with 'normal' looking offspring (meaning not blue), but it's also possible to play them in their exotic appearance. One minor flaw: they're puddingfaces initially, like any NPC. But nothing CAS can't handle and with offspring genetics are helpful.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Just one...? Then I go for.... the genies. I love how you really have to put some effort into getting one in your game (also great for people who don't care for supernaturals), I like the wishes they can fulfill and they're great to play. I loved to be able to play with 'normal' looking offspring (meaning not blue), but it's also possible to play them in their exotic appearance. One minor flaw: they're puddingfaces initially, like any NPC. But nothing CAS can't handle and with offspring genetics are helpful.

If you have Showtime ans Supernatural installed you make genies in CAS like any other supernatural.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love how they merged some EPs with others. Supernatural with Pets and Seasons! I love the CAS and the Open World and.... just about everything! I have a mod to remove zombies, but mostly to save the NPCs and my plants lol
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've recently returned to TS3 and fell in love with it all over again. I love create a style tool- the possibilities with it are endless, not to mention the worlds- I've started my game in Twinbrook, and the scenery is amazingly done :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

If you have Showtime ans Supernatural installed you make genies in CAS like any other supernatural.
    Yes, I know ;) But I meant in comparison to the spawning other supernaturals (till they added the ability to disable them) this was very well done. As far as I'm concerned they install a similar barrier for every supernatural, I've always hated the world being crowded with vampires and werewolves and witches and fairies and mermaids, and that's coming from someone who even likes to play the occult life states ;)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I think the scenery and the personality of the Sims was what Sims 3 did the best.

I wish they spent more time on the animation department, because the animations are AW-FUL.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    I think the best things for me (yes,plural,sorry!) are a tie between the open world,CASt and traits. Not sure I could pick between them although I guess when I play Sims 4 of the three the one I miss least would be CASt- I apparently can put up with less creative control better than I can loading screens/not being able to play multiple household member simultaneously on different lots or the personalities not being (to me) sufficiently defined and different.

Cheaty answer as I picked more than one :blush:
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Everything :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    Open world is tops on my list. A close second is having the ability to mod the game to our liking. :)
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Infoseeken wrote: »
    Open world is tops on my list. A close second is having the ability to mod the game to our liking. :)

Yes.^
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    Open World.
    & The colour wheel!
    And everything. Sorry I can't pick one thing because EVERYTHING.
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Agree with the comments above, I do really love the changes they made to pets, specifically that you can control them.

If I have to pick only one thing however, it would be the new activities made available with the WA pack. While like a lot of people, I have amended by holiday destinations to make them more 'holiday' destinations than adventure destinations, I love the Sim-Fu, Nectar Making and Snake Charming. If I had to choose one, Sim-Fu would be my favourite. To watch them going from smacking the training dummy like a teenaged girl, to pulling off some really cool moves, it's my favourite activity and one that I personally think was done spot on by the creators.

There are a lot of new activities that I really wish had been better done (scuba diving, windsurfing etc) but the WA adventures are my one pick, since I can only pick one.

Agree as well on those fed up with zombies. I actually have a mod to have them no longer spawn as well. Suppose I wouldn't mind them if they didn't constantly destroy my plants. I love horses, but I also have all wild horses banned as all they do is get stuck, including the unicorn as it lags my game as it just 'arrives' in my fully gated back garden.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Freedom, to be as creative as you like. Freedom to do and please as you like.
    I think you rule fits sims 3 more then sims 4.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    it is indeed hard to come up with only one thing TS3 did great

i think the best are the worlds, some are just breathtaking & i am only talking about the original worlds not about the worlds some very skilled simmers made :smiley:
    i like so many of the worlds, Riverview, i played it probably to death :lol:
    i just love Shang Simla & Champ Le Sims & travel there with my sims very often
    from the EPs i like Twinbrook the most, it's so special with all the swaps & mists
    the store worlds are just amazing, Midnight Hollow's gloomy dusty atmosphere, Lunar Lakes' outworldly flora & those colors,
    Monte Vista's italian charm & Roaring Heights' stunning art deco feel

i installed an hour ago Dragon Valey for the first time, so i can't say anything about that, i don't own Pets & i don't own Isla Paradiso, so can't compare those worlds or their contents to what i know
    but already those worlds i mentioned are indeed just amazing :smiley:

& one thing didn't change since day one as i heard of it - jogging
    i am probably quite addicted to jogging with a sim through those wonderful worlds, just relishing the view that's all :smiley:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    I'm with Infoseeken, meeoun and Lucky25, the Sims 3 does breath-takingly beautiful open worlds. A joy to play in.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    Well lets see very hard to chose just one So pets this is what coused me to buy the Sims 3 for my computer. :D
  • Options
    MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    Seasons really outdid the weather. Not only is the snow amazing to look at from a long distance, but that thunder is way too realistic. If you closed your eyes with headphones, you'd swear it was raining outside.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    So many people have named things I love about the game. So many have mentioned things I forgot I loved about the game. Need to go play at some point this week.

For me, apart from the likes of CASt which has already been mentioned, I'd have to say I love Lunar Lakes. The scenery of that world is amazing, it even looks great with weather which I didn't think it would. The houses are all so unique and interesting looking. A lot of people complained about the tiny rabbit holes but they did come in handy in CAW because they were small. I also loved how they had story continuation in the world, with Bella Goth's grave, I thought it was a nice touch.