Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is Mrs. Crumplebottom?

Mrs. Crumplebottom is an NPC featured in The Sims 2 Nightlife. She frequently visits Downtown lots and is usually considered an obstacle in the lives of Sims. Mrs. Crumplebottom is a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. She detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When Mrs. Crumplebottom sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims or beat them with her purse. If a Sim innocently wanders out in his/her underwear or bathing suit, Mrs. Crumplebottom will repeatedly lecture them until he/she changes back into his/her everyday clothes. This could be an issue if the player makes a public pool as a Downtown lot. Mrs. Crumplebottom loves to knit, and she will usually knit as an idle animation when she's not doing anything. Although she was super annoying, I kind of miss her and would like to see her make a comeback in the Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    She isn't in this game. I wish she were. You could probably download cc and "create" your own Ms Crumplebottom
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    Agnes Crumplebottom was in The Sims 3, as a young adult in Sunset Valley. Apparently, she didn't make the move to Willow Creek like the Goths.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There are some pretty decent no-CC Mrs. Crumplebottoms in the Gallery. I downloaded one early on. She's been recently given the Jealous trait. She won't show up at dates like if she was programmed to do that, but she is pretty good at being miserable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I wish we could turn the NPC's off that we don't want in the game. I am sick and tired of deleting aliens (when visited) and now the sims that obviously think that they are stupid sad clowns! Please don't bring back mrs. Cumblebottom. I am on my knees.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    We don't need a whole lot of comebacks.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yes, I would like to see her coming back. Challenge is always needed.
  • Options
    AudreyLDAudreyLD Posts: 104 Member
    Mrs. Crumplebottom is to be great if she is come back To pepper the life of our sims. Mouhahaha xD
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    I loved Agnes in Sims 3. I would support her coming back in either forms. :)
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    She is one of the many things about The Sims 1 that I think NEEDS to come back! She was amazing.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Always loved her in Sims2 and wish for her to come back to add some new wind into the Sims4 game ;)

kc1pswpzpae.png
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love to see a new Mrs. C NPC back in the game. Maybe there will be a pack where she would be a good fit.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I want her back along with The Unsavory Charlatan. And burglars and police officers. And firefighters. Its a shame we're still missing the basic NPCs.
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I want her back too. I kind of like it when things go wrong... Sometimes, not all times, but a bit of challenge is fun.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i defenitely would lvoe to see her return challenge is much needed imo and would add some really interesting moments
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No. I never did like her in Sims 1 or 2-she was ALWAYS walking around downtown and lecturing my Sims. Let Sims 4 be the first game not to feature Mrs C-it's just so nice not having her around lecturing any of my Sims..I have rest easy knowing my Sims can make out in public or walk around wearing just underwear and not having some old lady lecture them or hit them with her purse. Leave Mrs C in Sims 1 and 2,please.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    BelloGoth wrote: »
    She is one of the many things about The Sims 1 that I think NEEDS to come back! She was amazing.

She is definately one of the "things" I don't want back, like I feel about other irritating NPC's like ex. the University cow and headmaster. I am perfectly able to have some challenges in the Sims 4 without them. :wink:
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    I'd like to see her return! I think she'd add some fun plus Sims 2 nostalgia. Generally more NPCs like her would be nice, I think.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I would love for her to come back as well.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I want her back along with The Unsavory Charlatan. And burglars and police officers. And firefighters. Its a shame we're still missing the basic NPCs.

It is shameful that if you have Get to Work EP, we have Police Officers, yet they are useless in our game, and we can not even contact them for ANYTHING!
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    edited June 2018
    My sims were on a date the other day and a townie Sim scolded my sim for flirting with his gf. He then couldn’t perform any romantic interactions after that. So these sims do exist, just not in Mrs Crumplebottom form.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2018
    Bring her back, but give her a curfew (she's old, she goes to bed early).
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member

In The Sims 1 & 2 she would hit you with her purse, that was one thing I liked about her because it was so funny!
    keXEFw5.jpg
    2tbQnpP.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Do not want.