Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 keeps crashing

Yes, I am back again unfortunately :/. My game keeps freezing and crashing within maybe 15-20 minutes of gameplay, if I'm lucky. The game runs at a normal speed, its not staggering. I'm playing in a custom made world so I don't know if that's the reason for it crashing?
In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Have you tried playing another world to see if it will crash?
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    Yes, I tried that and it didn't crash, thank you so much. I was also playing a long ongoing save, so I think that might have played a factor into the crashing as well. I'll move my family from the custom world to a EA one. Also, is it possible to see how much my computer can handle with the Sims 3? I have most of the expansion packs (except WA ,Island Paradise, and Showtime). Thanks again
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    @FluffusCanarus what are your general specs? like graphics card, processor, ram, etc.?
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    I'll try to find that stuff out (i'm not a tech savvy person). The computer I have the sims 3 on is an Alienware 15 R2 that I got as a gift and that's pretty much what I can tell you so far.

Ok so what I found (I don't know if this will helps :/ ):

Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Installed Ram: 8.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'll try to find that stuff out (i'm not a tech savvy person). The computer I have the sims 3 on is an Alienware 15 R2 that I got as a gift and that's pretty much what I can tell you so far.

Ok so what I found (I don't know if this will helps :/ ):

Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Installed Ram: 8.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system

Had a quick search for your model. It's a laptop I'm guessing?
  • Options
    > @LBell said:
    > FluffusCanarus wrote: »
    >
    > I'll try to find that stuff out (i'm not a tech savvy person). The computer I have the sims 3 on is an Alienware 15 R2 that I got as a gift and that's pretty much what I can tell you so far.
    >
    > Ok so what I found (I don't know if this will helps :/ ):
    >
    > Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
    > Installed Ram: 8.00 GB
    > System type: 64-bit operating system
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Had a quick search for your model. It's a laptop I'm guessing?

Yes, it's a laptop
  • Options
    @FluffusCanarus Alright. Aside from the CC world do you use any other mods/CC? Also do you have the latest patch or are you using the 1.67 one?
  • Options
    I am using Mods and CC and I have patch 1.69

I'm using NRaas mods:
    Mastercontroller
    Mastercontroller Cheats
    Overwatch
    Errortrap
    Portrait Panel
    Career

I recently downsized on my CC, but its probably a lot
  • Options
    Just checking, are all your mods updated to go with the 1.69 patch? Sometimes an outdated mod can cause issues and I know NRaas has updated those mods for 1.69.
  • Options
    > @LBell said:
    > Just checking, are all your mods updated to go with the 1.69 patch? Sometimes an outdated mod can cause issues and I know NRaas has updated those mods for 1.69.

Yes, before I downloaded them I made sure they were with the 1.69 patch
  • Options
    Hmm, do you regularly clear your cache files? http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

Also have you tried creating a new save just to make sure it's not your current one that's corrupt and causing issues?
  • Options
    > @LBell said:
    > Hmm, do you regularly clear your cache files?
    >
    > Also have you tried creating a new save just to make sure it's not your current one that's corrupt and causing issues?

I do clean my cache files every once in a while and I think the save thing might have been the problem. I was playing on an ongoing save for a little while in a CC world, so I'm guessing that was the issue? So I just need to generate a new save when I open my game up again? I think I'll move my family out of the CC world into one of the smaller, EA ones. What do I do with the old save? Will it cause problems if I leave it there?

Also, thank you for your help, this means a lot.
  • Options
    It could have been the issue but do keep an eye on it if it happens again. What you can do is move it from the "Saves" folder in Docs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 to somewhere else on your PC or delete it if you're done with that save (but make sure you're 100% sure you want to delete it).

To further test this issue if you have it with the new save is by moving the entire The Sims 3 folder to your desktop temporarily (don't delete it) and starting up your game. Everything will be created fresh and you won't have CC bearing in mind but this is purely to test if it's CC causing the issues or something else such as hardware or software perhaps.
  • Options
    EwelingsEwelings Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you, this helps me as well.
  • Options
    Lacied2010Lacied2010 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am constantly getting a black screen at start up, and when the game does work I play for 20 minutes or so, and it says sims has encountered a problem and needs to close. How do I fix this please?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Lacied2010 wrote: »
    I am constantly getting a black screen at start up, and when the game does work I play for 20 minutes or so, and it says sims has encountered a problem and needs to close. How do I fix this please?

We would first need to see a dxdiag to see if you have any system issues. You would have to paste the report by sections into multiple responses here as it would way too long to fit into one.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Also please, how many EPs do you have in play and which ones.

Let us know if you are playing on a Mac, as that would require a different conversation.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    poelieverpoeliever Posts: 5 New Member
    OKAAAAAAYYYY. I've been having a similar issue with the Night Life ep, in which ends up crashing after about 30 minutes. I have 3 other packs. What can I do? I have considered taking off some eps, but will that delete my worlds, too? HELP :(
  • Options
    OKAAAAAAYYYY. I've been having a similar issue with the Night Life ep, in which ends up crashing after about 30 minutes. I have 3 other packs. What can I do? I have considered taking off some eps, but will that delete my worlds, too? HELP :(
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    poeliever wrote: »

In my experience, anytime a world is freezing, its because of a "lost sim" This happened constantly in Isla Paradiso for me, before I downloaded The Overwatch mod" Make sure you have the most updated version that will help you a ton! ...thats what I did, it saved my towns! lol. Also- make sure it isn't any of your CC.Delphy has created a program which allows you to scan your CC for "bad CC" bad ages, Sims2, empty, corrupt, etc.. it's saved my game more times than one! Oh! and if you have so much CC that its just lagging, Sims3PE will allow you to condense all your CC into 1 package file to help with "CC lag" if your interested on how this works, its online, but I'd be willing to walk you thru it. lmk. I recently converted all my Sims3 files into package files, and then into package files based on the type.. so one file for all my clothes, all my objects, hacks, genetics.. etc..etc.. its like playing a brand new game with no CC. I have around 10,000 individual pieces of CC.. or more..my game loads instantly and with 0 lag. Its pretty awesome!
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member

This happens to me when I don't delete my cache files. Once I delete my cache files, it starts right up. It could also be "bad cc" if you have cc, download Delphy's Dashboard and scan your folder to make sure there are no "corrupt or empty" files, I found those tend to halt my gameplay and crash it the most. GOOD LUCK !!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    poeliever wrote: »

Please see @igazor post that I quoted below. We would need that info from you
    igazor wrote: »

We would first need to see a dxdiag to see if you have any system issues. You would have to paste the report by sections into multiple responses here as it would way too long to fit into one.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Also please, how many EPs do you have in play and which ones.

Let us know if you are playing on a Mac, as that would require a different conversation.

• Options
    > @s_stutler said:
    > poeliever wrote: »
    >
    > OKAAAAAAYYYY. I've been having a similar issue with the Night Life ep, in which ends up crashing after about 30 minutes. I have 3 other packs. What can I do? I have considered taking off some eps, but will that delete my worlds, too? HELP :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In my experience, anytime a world is freezing, its because of a "lost sim" This happened constantly in Isla Paradiso for me, before I downloaded The Overwatch mod" Make sure you have the most updated version that will help you a ton! ...thats what I did, it saved my towns! lol. Also- make sure it isn't any of your CC.Delphy has created a program which allows you to scan your CC for "bad CC" bad ages, Sims2, empty, corrupt, etc.. it's saved my game more times than one! Oh! and if you have so much CC that its just lagging, Sims3PE will allow you to condense all your CC into 1 package file to help with "CC lag" if your interested on how this works, its online, but I'd be willing to walk you thru it. lmk. I recently converted all my Sims3 files into package files, and then into package files based on the type.. so one file for all my clothes, all my objects, hacks, genetics.. etc..etc.. its like playing a brand new game with no CC. I have around 10,000 individual pieces of CC.. or more..my game loads instantly and with 0 lag. Its pretty awesome!

I don't use cc.
  • Options
    Without a dxdiag or some other way to tell us about your system's specs, we cannot rule out hardware issues or things like drivers that can be fixed/adjusted and are really flying blind here. :/

Yes, if you remove certain EPs it will ruin already ongoing game saves that depend on them being there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    xChatterbox14xxChatterbox14x Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone have a good link to download Sims 3PE and S30C? Trying to find it to reduce my lag in game in CAS but I can't find any links that work! They all seem to be broken :(
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone have a good link to download Sims 3PE and S30C? Trying to find it to reduce my lag in game in CAS but I can't find any links that work! They all seem to be broken :(
    Not sure where you are looking, but these tools were designed and are still provided by Simlogical.

http://www.simlogical.com :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!