Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim needs a new Vacation destination....

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes please! Camping was great, but I'm more then ready to take my sims to the beach.. then to a ski lodge.. then maybe a small café in Paris.. Bring on the Vacations EA! (Right after you fix the lifestages! Priorities people!)
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I agree 100% I think about this every time my sims go camping. Also I would love for them not to 'miss home' just because they go camping twice in their lives.
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    BeaElla wrote: »
    I agree 100% I think about this every time my sims go camping. Also I would love for them not to 'miss home' just because they go camping twice in their lives.

Yeah, that sad thing is seriously annoying, they need to take that out altogether. They're supposed to be happy to be on vacation!

I'd love to see a boardwalk type location, with amusement park rides, arcades & maybe even a water park. Also bring back scuba diving!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    camping is fun and all but after a while it gets boring in my opinion. i dont even go there anymore now, i really want a beach resort or a ski resort with things to do (volleyball, skiing, snowball fights, sunbathing on towels etc)

I second this!
    Also for a beach resort Id love to go swimming in the water and do other activities such as tug of war, reading a book on your hammock, and really cute bathing suits!
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Everyone has such great ideas as I admit I was stumped when I first read the title of the thread as to where I'd want to take my sims. I remember early on in the series there being generic locations to go on holiday and then of course with TS3, we had better developed places to venture. I loved Champs Les Sims and Shang Simla especially. (I don't think I ever went to Al Simhara honestly, much too spooked by the tombs I guess.) For TS4, I do think I would like a world inspired by Switzerland with a lovely ski resort and beautiful chateaus for our sims that would rather lounge in knits instead of exert themselves physically. I also think - if we're not to get seasons - it would be a nice alternative to have a world always covered in snow.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    A beach resort or ski resort, I want them all. I honestly can't believe its been so long since we got a vacation world. I thought for sure we wouldve had another option by now...Its been forever that Granite Falls has been alone on that screen, lol
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    A beach resort or ski resort, I want them all. I honestly can't believe its been so long since we got a vacation world. I thought for sure we wouldve had another option by now...Its been forever that Granite Falls has been alone on that screen, lol

There was a mod made to turn Granite Falls into a tropical world and I believe since there's been a mod made that covers the original GF with snow. So like anything, people have grown tired of waiting for new content and have simply made their own. :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes please! Camping was great, but I'm more then ready to take my sims to the beach.. then to a ski lodge.. then maybe a small café in Paris.. Bring on the Vacations EA! (Right after you fix the lifestages! Priorities people!)

I think you mean a small hotel in paris, cos people don't usually stay at a cafe :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    YES! A beach would be so cool. I'm ready to send my Sims to a new destination too. :) One that has a kids activity club or something would be neat, that way the parents could maybe go to a spa, have dinner, go to the bar etc to have some adult time together as well. I also like the ski resort idea.
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City
  • Options
    I'd like to see holiday locations like Uluru and Kings Canyon.
    With resorts, and the option for glamping
    Uluru
    Uluru,_helicopter_view.jpg
    Kings canyon
    Kings_Canyon_Aerial_1-660x437.jpg

Uluru resort
    ayersrock.jpg
    Dining in the evening at Uluru resort
    3a32e4c004de4169a5d4ab0a32db1d0d.jpg?vs=1&d=20140806T094208
    Glamping at Uluru resort
    131australia2--z.jpg
    Uluru camel tours
    uluru-camel-tours.jpg
    Storm over Uluru
    Ayers+Rock+Northern+Territory.jpg

*shrug*
    I want my sims to be able to go on more non-beach, non-tropical holidays
    I grew up on the coast, in a hot climate, the beach is sooooooo boring.

If it was a far northern beach, with ice, and snow, and viking boats, then I might be more interested.

• Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Alright sure, I think this could help the game.

Support!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I would like beach world similar to the one from Island Resort but with a boardwalk and amusement park like from Vacation. A country world with nothing but the large lots in all the neighborhoods. Who wouldn't want to honeymoon at an adorable country farmhouse for a bed and breakfast!!

There is a mod that will allow you to turn any world into a detention world. I wanted to wait and see of the new patch broke it before downloaded. If it hasn't I'm going to turn Magnolia Promenade into day trip location. All know at this point is I'm building B&B for the hotel/ restaurant. A museum with a romantic garden for proposals and things like that. Not sure about the other two lots yet. I want it to be the perfect spot for day or weekend trip for a honeymoon, date, family vacation and weekend trip with friends.

zerbu.tumblr.com/post/129304670162/the-sims-4-mods-world-type-changes

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    I would like beach world similar to the one from Island Resort but with a boardwalk and amusement park like from Vacation. A country world with nothing but the large lots in all the neighborhoods. Who wouldn't want to honeymoon at an adorable country farmhouse for a bed and breakfast!!

Actually, with the way the hoods work, they could probably make a destination with three hoods, one being coastal, one being farmland near the coast, and the third being a rural village, mostly small cottage lots.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Actually, with the way the hoods work, they could probably make a destination with three hoods, one being coastal, one being farmland near the coast, and the third being a rural village, mostly small cottage lots.

That is true because they did something similar with vacation for TS1.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    mysimsandi2mysimsandi2 Posts: 105 Member
    ski resort is so cool! love the idea!
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would love a ski resort with a big lot as the ski area and some smaller lots as the resort perfect
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I would love more vacation destinations I'd like a tropical one and a ski one, I also liked world adventures from ts3, if they could do a cross between the two I'd be happy
  • Options
    rialrial Posts: 32 Member
    Yes, you are right... we need summer and winter vacation location
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Somewhere for families to vacation would be awesome , both rich and poor families

GF was very pretty but there was little for a family to do there unless they liked catching bugs
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I am from Australia. A beach Vacation spot is a must!!! It just doesn't feel like a vacation if there isn't a magnificent beach to visit!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    Kamio wrote: »
    I am from Australia. A beach Vacation spot is a must!!! It just doesn't feel like a vacation if there isn't a magnificent beach to visit!

I'm from Australia, and I disagree!
    I want something snow related.
    I grew up on the coast, the beach is boring.

A river spot would be more interesting. A lot of Aussies go to river locations, rather than the beach. Rivers tend to have less sand and less sharks.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    A ski resort or theme park would be pretty great.

As for a beach world, well, I see that more of an actual place to live or visit for a day. I've stayed at beach resorts, but I'd much rather just go to the beach for the day and go home in the afternoon.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Id love a state fair type thing with carnival rides a circus performer tent and food stalls that have fair food like corn dogs cotton candy etc. Maybe do something like that with hotel resorts to stay in and the fair be on its own lots much like the state park was.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Beach huts
  • Options
    weeone125weeone125 Posts: 20 Member
    Granite Falls is getting really boring! I downloaded SIMS 3 again because I miss the traveling elements so bad!! Please add more travel destinations!