Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CC Not Showing Up!!!

pippin_in_polaroidspippin_in_polaroids Posts: 10 New Member
edited May 2023 in Mods Bugs & Issues
My new Sims 4 CC is not showing up (and i just restarted my game and deleted all my old CC). Also, my CC is enabled and my script Mods. I also use a Mac.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    :'( help I'm bonn DIE
  • Options
    > @pippin_in_polaroids said:
    > :'( help I'm bonn DIE
    >
    > *gonna die omg
  • Options
    LapleesaLapleesa Posts: 1 New Member
    Same thing here, I'm sure I'm doing everything right, everything is enabled, I let the game generate a new mods folder, I dont even have any new cc that might be breaking the game, just what I had before and not a singe cc item is showing up in the game anymore.
    Can someone help? Any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you for any response <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hello @pippin_in_polaroids and @Lapleesa

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't add back the old mods folder. Instead of doing that, put your mods/cc from the old mods folder on the desktop into the new mods folder that is in the newly generated sims 4 folder.
    Then test to see if the cc appears.

• Options
    ewan_hackinewan_hackin Posts: 1 New Member
    My CC isnt working. I downloaded the majority of them from sims resource. They are all package files and they are enabled in game in options. Nothing shows up in list but i put everything where they are suppose to be (I know this because it worked in the past, I just got back into the game). I havent used any old CC as I am on a new computer. Please help
  • Options
    My CC isnt working. I downloaded the majority of them from sims resource. They are all package files and they are enabled in game in options. Nothing shows up in list but i put everything where they are suppose to be (I know this because it worked in the past, I just got back into the game). I havent used any old CC as I am on a new computer. Please help

Hello @ewan_hackin
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game, then put your mods/cc into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder and see if they then appear.

If you still have issues after doing that, try resetting your sims 4 folder like I posted in this post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14679934/#Comment_14679934
  • Options
    joannagarrixjoannagarrix Posts: 3 New Member
    Soooo last year I've had the sims 4 installed in my computer but i had some problems and it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off so much that i uninstalled it.But two days ago i was watching some sims 4 let's plays and it reminded me how much i missed it.So i decided to download it again.I downloaded it,it turned out pretty good and i was happy.And then i decided to download some custom content.I downloaded a bunch and put them in the Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods folder.I did everything right because I'm also playing the sims 3 still and i know about those stuff.But NONE of the custom content that i downloaded didn't work.I checked the mod thingy in sims 4 game settings but nothing happened.Please help.
  • Options
    Soooo last year I've had the sims 4 installed in my computer but i had some problems and it plum me off so much that i uninstalled it.But two days ago i was watching some sims 4 let's plays and it reminded me how much i missed it.So i decided to download it again.I downloaded it,it turned out pretty good and i was happy.And then i decided to download some custom content.I downloaded a bunch and put them in the Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods folder.I did everything right because I'm also playing the sims 3 still and i know about those stuff.But NONE of the custom content that i downloaded didn't work.I checked the mod thingy in sims 4 game settings but nothing happened.Please help.

I mean it shows up at the start that maxis does not support bla bla but it doesn't show up in cas.
  • Options
    Also excuse my terrible grammar mistakes i was typing too fast lmao
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    For people having problems with CC showing up is your game fully updated and patched? Some CC will not show up if you do not currently have the latest patch. Also, remove the feminine or masculine tag for CC to see if it shows up, since some creators did not update their CC after the gender patch.
  • Options
    Soooo last year I've had the sims 4 installed in my computer but i had some problems and it plum me off so much that i uninstalled it.But two days ago i was watching some sims 4 let's plays and it reminded me how much i missed it.So i decided to download it again.I downloaded it,it turned out pretty good and i was happy.And then i decided to download some custom content.I downloaded a bunch and put them in the Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods folder.I did everything right because I'm also playing the sims 3 still and i know about those stuff.But NONE of the custom content that i downloaded didn't work.I checked the mod thingy in sims 4 game settings but nothing happened.Please help.

Hello
    Try doing what MistyDove suggested and try turning off all the filters in CAS and see if the cc then appears,

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    bbroseeeebbroseeee Posts: 2 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try doing what MistyDove suggested and try turning off all the filters in CAS and see if the cc then appears,

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

oh... i think i found a solution to my problem.. but how do i update or patch my sims4? i never tried doing this before because i don't know how. please help.
  • Options
    bbroseeee wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

oh... i think i found a solution to my problem.. but how do i update or patch my sims4? i never tried doing this before because i don't know how. please help.

Hello @bbroseeee
    Go to games library in origin, right click the sims 4 picture and click " update game" . It will then tell you if your game is uptodate, and will update your game if it isn't.
    If the "keep my game updated" setting is ticked in Origin, it will update your game automatically. You can see if this setting is ticked, by pressing the origin label at the top of the screen in origin, click application settings from the drop down menu, then look at the settings under " applications " on the next sceeen that appears.
  • Options
    Kammie2303Kammie2303 Posts: 6 New Member
    My custom contents aren't working. I've downloaded some cc's a few days ago and decided to download more today, but they didn't show up. I tried deleting the old mods, I tried uninstalling sims 4 and reinstalling, I've tried putting the folder on the desktop but nothing will work. It's always the old cc's that shows up and not the new ones. Please help
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Kammie2303 wrote: »
    My custom contents aren't working. I've downloaded some cc's a few days ago and decided to download more today, but they didn't show up. I tried deleting the old mods, I tried uninstalling sims 4 and reinstalling, I've tried putting the folder on the desktop but nothing will work. It's always the old cc's that shows up and not the new ones. Please help

Hello @Kammie2303
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. If you haven't already done this, try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
    Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder

Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. They can't be left as rar or zipped files.

Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.

Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.

Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current new cc from, and see if that appears.
  • Options
    @rosemow I have tried doing it and yes it is for sims 4 as I don't have sims 2 or 3 on this computer. I tried taking the mods folder out and launched the game but there was no new mods folder. I have also tried downloading cc's from other websites than the one I did first. I have accidentally deleted the resource.cfg file though and already emptied my recycle bin, is there a way to get it back?
  • Options
    @rosemow I have tried doing it and yes it is for sims 4 as I don't have sims 2 or 3 on this computer. I tried taking the mods folder out and launched the game but there was no new mods folder. I have also tried downloading cc's from other websites than the one I did first. I have accidentally deleted the resource.cfg file though and already emptied my recycle bin, is there a way to get it back?

Hello
    Go to this link thread, and half way down the page there will a picture of a drive with an arrow on it . Press that and download the file.That is a resource.cfg file that you can download and place in your mods folder if there isn't one already there. You will need to take the file out of the zipped file and place it into the mods folder.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mods-and-downloads/
  • Options
    I have downloaded and unzipped the resource.cfg file but it is still the old mods that's showing up.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I have downloaded and unzipped the resource.cfg file but it is still the old mods that's showing up.

If you use One Drive, it can cause issues with sims 4. Try seeing if there is sims 4 folder there. If there is. try unsyncing onedrive.
  • Options
    There isn't but I do have one more sims 4 folder in the documents and I have my ea folder on the desktop, should I try to delete the folder in the documents?
  • Options
    There isn't but I do have one more sims 4 folder in the documents and I have my ea folder on the desktop, should I try to delete the folder in the documents?

Having the two sims 4 folders in documents can be causing the issues. Keep the sims 4 folder there that contains your new mods. Move the othervsims 4 folder to the desktop. Then test to see if the new mods appear.
  • Options
    I think I have found the folder where the old mods are! They were in the documents folder and I have deleted those now and put the new ones in, thank you so much for the help though!
  • Options
    I think I have found the folder where the old mods are! They were in the documents folder and I have deleted those now and put the new ones in, thank you so much for the help though!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    MEME_QUEEN206MEME_QUEEN206 Posts: 11 New Member
    Ok, so i have the sims4 cats and dogs expansion pack. I spent about three hour downloading cc and it will not show up in the game i also have the enable mods and cc buttons on along with the script mods. I have used cc before and i know what folders to put it in and all that. But i will not work.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top