Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    AvaTheSimmer123AvaTheSimmer123 Posts: 52 Member
    I would love to see toddlers enter The Sims 4. Although my ideas have most probaly already been said, I thought I would share them anyway. Toddlers should be able to go wherever they wish so they aren't restricted to one certain area like the babies are. Toddlers should be able to cry and throw extreme hissy fits and should be able to also be good and polite, depending on the traits they are born with. They should be able to be carried around in different ways and they should be able to communicate with the older generation a little more. They should have a wider selection of food and drink, not just the typical bottle of milk and baby food. If the parent has made grilled cheese for the family, an interaction should be added 'Chop up Food for *Insert Name Here.*
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    has anyone said baby gates yet cause that would be awesome ovo so if you don't want your toddler to go down the stairs you could put the babygate closed and let them wonder around where they want within the area they want. or they can to their parents room and crawl into bed with their parents
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    I would also like to see more outside play equipment for toddlers, like plastic play sets that they can slide down, crawl under and climb in and out of, a ball pit and maybe one of those ride-on cars that they sit in and need to use their feet to move (Like the ones from Little Tikes). Maybe mini trampolines and bouncy castles!

I think sliders should be implemented so that players can choose how long they''d like that life state to be played - and also an option to enable transition, so like their personality develops over time depending on the skills they have.
  • Options
    Maybe more activities that can be done by parent/grandparent/sibling etc and toddler like baking cupcakes or painting/finger painting etc.

Sorry that i'm posting alot, I just keep getting ideas!!
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I think toddlers are coming. Why sticky this? I hope they remember walkers, changing tables, and swings with music.
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    I would love to see toddlers enter The Sims 4. Although my ideas have most probaly already been said, I thought I would share them anyway. Toddlers should be able to go wherever they wish so they aren't restricted to one certain area like the babies are. Toddlers should be able to cry and throw extreme hissy fits and should be able to also be good and polite, depending on the traits they are born with. They should be able to be carried around in different ways and they should be able to communicate with the older generation a little more. They should have a wider selection of food and drink, not just the typical bottle of milk and baby food. If the parent has made grilled cheese for the family, an interaction should be added 'Chop up Food for *Insert Name Here.*

They did have a feature in sims 3 where you could make baby food with food you made if your sim had a food processor. But, puree fish tacos? Lol, doesn't sound apealing. Your idea sounds and would probably look better too!
  • Options
    Does anyone think we'll get an announcement this month? If so, I really hope it's toddlers related!!

I check every day to see what they'll post next for an update, EP, Stuff Pack, etc. I really hope they say it's generations/Toddler related too.

I get anxiety with all of this, lol. Who wants to start a support group!?
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @Simmer724 I'll join you. We can work through our toddler-withdrawal together, lol.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Simmer724 and @IchigoUsagi many of us are over at the family play thread in feedback for exactly that. You are welcome to join us :)
  • Options
    Thank you @sparkfairy1. I'll be over there in two shakes of a lamb's tail!
  • Options
    Rebeccaliam1974Rebeccaliam1974 Posts: 162 Member
    Ok This has Probably been Said about a Million times Now But I Really Feel Like EA Should Make a Sims 4 "Family Time" Expansion Pack! Honestly it would be So Cool if they Could do That! And it could even Add in a New Life Stage which is of Course! "Toddlers" And They could add in new activities And Interactions and Objects into the Game! Just Like they Did With Sims 3 Generations! These are Just Some Ideas of What Could Be Added into the Game if they ever Made An Expansion pack like this! :

Maybe EA Could Add in Some New Interactions for Kids and Parent's Like say if A Kid Did Something Naughty! and the Parents Told the Kid off! The Kid Could Receive a Negative Moodlet saying "Got Told off!" Or Something like that and it could make the Kid Angry And Everything!

I Also Think EA Should Add in Pranks and teen Stuff Like that! Like they Could add in Whoopee Cushions and Putting Tooth Paste in Food and Everything Like that Would Just Make it Even more Funner! They Could Also add in New Game Changes like add in a Crush System for Teens! And Add in Teen Party's and Taking Selfies and All of those Things that Could Make the Sims 4 More Enjoyable!
    s170oi.jpg
  • Options
    LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    > @Rebeccaliam1974 said:
    > Ok This has Probably been Said about a Million times Now But I Really Feel Like EA Should Make a Sims 4 "Family Time" Expansion Pack! Honestly it would be So Cool if they Could do That! And it could even Add in a New Life Stage which is of Course! "Toddlers" And They could add in new activities And Interactions and Objects into the Game! Just Like they Did With Sims 3 Generations! These are Just Some Ideas of What Could Be Added into the Game if they ever Made An Expansion pack like this! :
    >
    > Maybe EA Could Add in Some New Interactions for Kids and Parent's Like say if A Kid Did Something Naughty! and the Parents Told the Kid off! The Kid Could Receive a Negative Moodlet saying "Got Told off!" Or Something like that and it could make the Kid Angry And Everything!
    >
    > I Also Think EA Should Add in Pranks and teen Stuff Like that! Like they Could add in Whoopee Cushions and Putting Tooth Paste in Food and Everything Like that Would Just Make it Even more Funner! They Could Also add in New Game Changes like add in a Crush System for Teens! And Add in Teen Party's and Taking Selfies and All of those Things that Could Make the Sims 4 More Enjoyable!
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes, because saying they can already take selfies. :D Plus, I want slumber parties for children etc. again.
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• Options
    Rebeccaliam1974Rebeccaliam1974 Posts: 162 Member
    @Itsswiftie13 : Oops sorry! XD
    s170oi.jpg
  • Options
    > @Simmer724 said:
    > alishamartin97 wrote: »
    >
    > Does anyone think we'll get an announcement this month? If so, I really hope it's toddlers related!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I check every day to see what they'll post next for an update, EP, Stuff Pack, etc. I really hope they say it's generations/Toddler related too.
    >
    > I get anxiety with all of this, lol. Who wants to start a support group!?

I check every day too!!
  • Options
    BethanyXXBethanyXX Posts: 118 Member
    i'm seriously in love with this thread all the amazing ideas you guys have for toddlers<3 and like a lot people i think the new emotion system in the sims 4 should totally be a major changer in how our little cuties are in the game and multitasking should be a BIG bonus when it comes to toddlers with the parents caring for their children while leveling up their jobs for an example, but if half of the stuff that you guys submitted happen i think it would be amazing for us family players..
    04-23-16_10-27-23nbspPM_zpslfjmbgef.png
  • Options
    BethanyXXBethanyXX Posts: 118 Member
    i think emotions should play a big part in how our little cuties are in game and multitasking is a BIG BONUS when it comes to toddlers, parents can take care of their children while leveling up their career for an example but i think if half of the stuff that you guys submitted happened it would be amazing for us family players..
    04-23-16_10-27-23nbspPM_zpslfjmbgef.png
  • Options
    LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    > @BethanyXX said:
    > i think emotions should play a big part in how our little cuties are in game and multitasking is a BIG BONUS when it comes to toddlers, parents can take care of their children while leveling up their career for an example but i think if half of the stuff that you guys submitted happened it would be amazing for us family players..

Yes!
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Can we expect any news in this week??
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I love the opening scene for Inside Out and how it shows Riley growing up. Having an in-depth memory system with core memories and everything would be wonderful to have in the Sims 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUNBR1XWRQ&amp;ab_channel=MovieBuff-15

Her best memories are cute too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBStTdPfpqA&amp;ab_channel=iMovies

I kind of want toddlers to look sort of like Boo and Riley because those two animated kids are so adorable.

It would be wonderful if thought bubbles would come up on Sims again, so we can get somewhat of an idea what the little toddlers are dreaming of.

I just watched this movie the other day and I was thinking about TS4 all along. Not only because of all the amazing possibilities of toddlers + emotions but also because I wished the game was more like the movie. Emotions aren't everything, they shouldn't be the only thing that makes sims tick. They can influence actions, but they should also shape memories and complement personality traits, making each sim unique. If only... :disappointed:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I just watched this movie the other day and I was thinking about TS4 all along. Not only because of all the amazing possibilities of toddlers + emotions but also because I wished the game was more like the movie. Emotions aren't everything, they shouldn't be the only thing that makes sims tick. They can influence actions, but they should also shape memories and complement personality traits, making each sim unique. If only... :disappointed:
    Yeah I just watched it too. I know there was a chart I shared in the other family thread I think that showed all the emotions and combinations of. I really wish emotions and memories worked more like how in that movie because it would fit for the Sims 4 better. There are just so many cute toddler memories in that movie of things Riley did at that age. I love it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I love the opening scene for Inside Out and how it shows Riley growing up. Having an in-depth memory system with core memories and everything would be wonderful to have in the Sims 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUNBR1XWRQ&amp;ab_channel=MovieBuff-15

Her best memories are cute too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBStTdPfpqA&amp;ab_channel=iMovies

I kind of want toddlers to look sort of like Boo and Riley because those two animated kids are so adorable.

It would be wonderful if thought bubbles would come up on Sims again, so we can get somewhat of an idea what the little toddlers are dreaming of.

The baby picture is so cute, wish they kinda made the babies like that with a little hat. :love:

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »

The baby picture is so cute, wish they kinda made the babies like that with a little hat. :love:
    Me too. I really love hats on the little Simlings. They are so cute on the baby/toddler/child life stages.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PrincessMeganaPrincessMegana Posts: 33 Member
    I AM SMILING MY FREAKING FACE OFF READING THIS THREAD PLEASE SIM GODS HEAR US OUT <3
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    THIS TODDLER TALK IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

WARNING WARNING FREAK OUT ALERT

AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHEN IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN WHEN WHEN I ASK WHEN?

Ok I feel a little better now. At least til tomorrow....

SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds