Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else tired of this?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hope they fix this, it really does get annoying.
    Well, considering this thread was started a year ago and there is still no change...

Also, I don't think they consider that it requires a 'fix' since that is how it was intended to work (I believe). The emotions fiasco coupled together with a lack of individual personalities/sims behaving against their traits is what completely lets this version down.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Agreed, this might be an old thread but it is still relevant. I don't like that sims don't have real personalities in TS4 like in other versions but what's even more annoying is the need to use tuning mods to help with the buffs and moodlets so your sims act a bit more "normal" (as far as sims go anyway). Perhaps in the next iteration of The Sims they will work out the bugs and give the sims their personalities back and perhaps either fine tune the "emotions" to match the personalities of the sims or get rid of them all together.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    Agreed, this might be an old thread but it is still relevant. I don't like that sims don't have real personalities in TS4 like in other versions but what's even more annoying is the need to use tuning mods to help with the buffs and moodlets so your sims act a bit more "normal" (as far as sims go anyway). Perhaps in the next iteration of The Sims they will work out the bugs and give the sims their personalities back and perhaps either fine tune the "emotions" to match the personalities of the sims or get rid of them all together.

It is like living with people with severe OCD - the sims 4. LOL. You just sort of get used to it and learn to never turn the toilet paper the wrong way on the roll.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    What I hate about the emotions in the Sims 4 is HOW EASILY THEY BECOME HYSTERICAL!!!! Then my sims always DIE just because they had a bath, were watching some T.V, or were talking to a friend and ended up joking around with them. Every time I play, I have to exit the game without saving at least once because a sim laughed to death.

SAME. Infact I had one Sim nearly die of hysteria on his wedding day! I had to pull Larry aside to a mirror to calm himself down.

BTW - Larry's last name is Laffer (pronounced "laugher"), which is what ALMOST killed him. Kinda ironic, ain't it?

Interesting. My sims hardly ever become hysterical. Maybe that's because I use the mod to remove environmental buffs?

And once I tried to see what a hysterical death looked like. I had a sim hysterical for hours and he would not die.

The only time I've had death by hysteria was through use of the Wishing Well.