Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~ Modern Fashion & Modelling Contest ~ S02 - Challenge 09 posted

psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
tumblr_o3bragpwn81qep1b2o1_1280.jpg
Hello and welcome Modern Fashion & Modelling Contest. This is a brand new fashion & modelling contest with focus on modern high fashion and modern street style. You're gonna have to be creative, cause some of these challenges can be... pretty out there. This is like every other modelling contest out here just a little bit different. For this season you may choose to use sims 2 or 3, but you can't use both.

The voting system:
I will give you a new assigment each round, and each round I will pick 4 people to be in the top. Then I'll create a poll which gives you the power to vote for your favorite. The reason I am doing this is because some of the contestants have a lot of support and friends in here which could mess up the results. Each round I will also pick two people for the bottom, which you also get the chance to vote off. I know this might be harsh for some people, but this is fairly based on what you deliver, and I hope voters take that into account to. If you as a voter vote someone off just based on your feelings or dislike for someone, you're not following the rules! After each round one will go home, and the number of contestants will of course decrease, so the number of people in the top and the bottom will change.

You can join with either one or two models, but please.. Take into consideration that your two models can not look alike. And I have to say this because I see a lot of people joining contests with two models with the exact same face just with different eye color and hair color.

Feel free to ask me anything!
PS: Unusual and freaky is cool! Don't be afraid to be alternative or weird. I hope to see a lot of diversity, people of color, plus size, asians, you name it! Keep in mind that I will not accept models with wrong proportions or models who don't look like humans.

tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
Post edited by psykt on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by psykt on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tumblr_o3bragpwn81qep1b2o2_1280.jpg
    • You have to respect fellow contestants, do discuss all you want but as soon as the vibe is hostile I will shut it down. If I've told you to stop and you don't respect me you will be disqualified.
    • Please read the challenge thoroughly, you have the follow the brief for each challenge. If you fail to deliver according to the brief you might have to redo it, or even worse, you'll have to be disqualified.
    • I will grant you extensions, but this can't happen every time. If you're constantly asking me for extension I will eventually have to say no to everyone. So don't screw this up for everyone!
    • CC is highly recommended, but NON CC is also welcome.
    • Try to use maxis-matching or maxis-friendly CC. That means... Try not to use bad quality or mismatching cc.
    • No face plastering is allowed.
    • Editing is highly recommended.
    • You can use which background you want, unless I state otherwise in a challenge brief.
    • Clothes, shoes, makeup and hair needs to be from the game or mods, you can only plaster or draw when I say so in the challenge info.
    • You may vote for yourself, but getting votes from social media is NOT okay. Not everyone feel comfortable with getting their facebook friends to vote for them, so if someone does they will get an advantage.
    • You're allowed to feel disappointed if you get eliminated, but it's only a competition, on your computer... so.. It's not really that big of a deal.
    • When you win a challenge you win a siggie, if you win the whole competition you win an even more fantastic siggie.
    • You can not drop out unless you have a very good reason.

Please note:
      • I am a real person and I have a real life outside of my computer, believe it or not, so if I'm not active one day please don't get angry with me. I try to be active every day.
      • Making competitions like this is a lot of work, please be patient.
      • This is the first competition I have made, so please be patient.
      • Some rules may change according to the briefs in the challenges.
      • Please turn your graphics up, we want good graphics!
      • Please try to think modern and tasteful.
      • Feel free to comment and talk freely on the forum, just try to include everyone in the conversation!

The voting system:
    Each round I will pick a number of models who will be in the top (this depends on how many there are left in the competition). I will also say why I picked those I picked, it's never personal. When I have chosen who's gonna be in the top, you all get to vote. Even those in the top get to vote by a poll, and it's completely okay to vote for yourself if you really think yours were the best. The same goes for the elimination. I usually pick two for the bottom, and here too I will say why I picked those I picked. You get to vote who stays, but this vote goes to me on message. Those in the bottom can not vote on this. In the finale the voting will be different.

There might be some changes in the voting system throughout the competition, it depends on how well it works.
    Post edited by psykt on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tumblr_o3bs98VHxR1uz57gao3_r1_1280.jpg
    • You can only participate with one or two models.
    • Only Female YAs or As
    • You have to stay true to your application form.
    • Please dress your sim in pastel matching the color scheme of the competition's theme.
    • Try to keep it simple for the application (application only), less is more, and I wanna se how your girl looks like!
    • Body and face should both look realistic.

Application form:
    Name of model:
    Age of model:
    Which place the model is from: (Sunset Valley, Pleasentview, all the sim cities from all of the games)
    Forum ID:
    Do you promise to follow the rules? Yes/No
    Shoulders up/face shot:
    Full Body shot:

tumblr_o81uig3kim1uz57gao1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o3mz9hpdIi1uz57gao1_1280.jpg

Post edited by psykt on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    tumblr_o3bs98VHxR1uz57gao1_1280.jpg

In each challenge entry remember this:
    • Write full name of model and challenge name as title.
    • Good graphics!
    • Follow the brief.
    Challenge 09 - Halloween Party

For this challenge you are not only dressing your model up for Halloween, but also placing her in a party setting. Ways to make it look like a party is to add people, halloween decorations, drinks and other things you normally see at Halloween parties. Costume-wise I wanna see great quality costumes, not just some rags, and I wanna see luxury. Think of it as a huge celebrity halloween party.
    Picture coming
    Follow this:
    • Show off a great halloween costume.
    • Show off a luxurious halloween party.
    • Use other sims if you want to.
    • Use props if you want to.
    • You may use bits and pieces from images, but also of course ingame stuff.
    • Keep in mind that the costume and party is the focus.
    • You can change your model's hair color and eye color, and even skin color.
    • Pick your own background!
    • You have 4 days.

Timer to make it easier to keep track of time here!

Post edited by psykt on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    tumblr_o3bs98VHxR1uz57gao4_r1_1280.jpg

Remember:
    • It's never personal. It comes down to quality, creativity, graphics, outfit and makeup.
    • If you have an issue with the results, or if you feel like I didn't give you a fair feedback, please tell me in message.
    • There will always be another chance, and I might bring someone back later if I feel you got more potential.

Challenge 9 - High Fashion Beauty Shot

Winner
      VzJgRC0.png

Aria Osborn:
      Really gorgeous entry, it was my favorite, and also probably one of my favorites of this whole season. Love the glitter and how you edited in on to your model's face. Good choice with making her hair pink. Very soft and beautiful.

The Rest:

Laurie Hillz: Your entry this round was really pretty. Laurie looks amazing. I think the "stickers" you added to her forehead look a little misplaced. I would have liked your entry more without them. Overall a very nice entry, and her eyes are glowing!

Hayley Pope:
      I think you missed the mark here. It looks more like a scary Halloween ad on ebay, and not so much beauty shot. I appreciate the fact that you wanted to stand out and be a little more dark than the rest, but this didn't work out.
    Post edited by psykt on
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Ah, what the heck. Everything looks so awesome, and I love pastel. Reserve me :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    This whole design theme fits both your siggie and you profile pic! Nice coincidence.
  • Options
    SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    Thanks so much for inviting me! I'd love to join, sounds fun.
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Options
    @Spookshow Added ;)
  • Options
    Spookshow wrote: »
    Thanks so much for inviting me! I'd love to join, sounds fun.

No, this one is mine D: Go find some other comp to dominate xD <3
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    psykt wrote: »
    This whole design theme fits both your siggie and you profile pic! Nice coincidence.

Yushh ma'am xD I think it should add to my presence, though ;):D
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    abillings1978abillings1978 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Reserve please
  • Options
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Sign me up,please! :)
  • Options
    @Kelebek Done :)

You can all start posting your apps whenever you want. I hope I at least can fill up the 10 slots, and perhaps even more slots, but if we don't fill up completely through the next days I will start the competition anyway :)
  • Options
    SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    @BobSkellington I sawwy. :( I'll be posting some tutorials tomorrow, so you can learn from them! <3
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Options
    Reserve please

Your avatar looks awesome!
    Spookshow wrote: »
    @BobSkellington I sawwy. :( I'll be posting some tutorials tomorrow, so you can learn from them! <3

It was meant as a joke and a compliment :) Depends on what you're using? xD <3
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Lol, I got a spam block for sending too many messages.
  • Options
    abillings1978abillings1978 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Thanks bob
  • Options
    I updated the challenge post to show you guys some of the themes we will be doing in this competition, have a look! Or not. Lol. Your choice.
  • Options
    psykt wrote: »
    Lol, I got a spam block for sending too many messages.

LMAO, wow o.o

Love the themes, huge Mermaid fan, obsessed with Flower Crowns and I love doing Look-Books! So much fun ahead. <3
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Yessss!!! This looks so well organized and thought out. I love the premise of it too! Reserve me please!!
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Looks Awesome
    Reserve me please :)
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I would love to do this :) reserve me please
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Reserve me please :) Looks fun!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.