Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~ Modern Fashion & Modelling Contest ~ S02 - Challenge 09 posted

Comments

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited March 2016
    I just have a thought. But i noticed your top 4 mostly have maxis match or maxis style hair/clothes ... is having these a preference to your top 4? I just wanted to know if it will help me and others in the future? Just an observation because i know you use alot of that content too???

voted, for bottom.
  • Options
    psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    @xJojox If you read the rules or info about the contest it says somewhere that I prefer sims to look like sims, but i totally allow non-maxis stuff. It's a sims competition, so in my opinion sims should look like sims. But good quality cc will always be appreciated, whether it's maxis match or not. Alessa Algata is in the top 4, and she's using non maxis cc.

I honestly prefer maxis match, but I'm not gonna judge just based on what I like, and you're the final voters anyway. Hope that cleared things up :)
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • Options
    Yup all good. Will make some changes in the future
  • Options
    @xJojox You don't have to though! I really liked your last entry! Be you!
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    @xJojox You don't have to though! I really liked your last entry! Be you!

I agree, her last entry was gorgeous, and one should always be true to who they are, be yourself because you are amazing!
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    @psykt Yes, I want to have feedback for Ichelle and Sarah :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hey guys! Do you guys in the middle want feedback? Yay or nay? It's not a problem for me to give you feedback, but if you don't want to, that's okay too of course. :)

Lol. I first posted this on the wrong forum. Well well, sh****t happens, or should I say "plum" happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Alrighty @YJB19299

Ichelle: I really liked the composition of the pic, the proportions look right. The reason you were not in the top was mainly because I felt the style of the outfit wasn't quite goth enough, it's very close though, but it looks a little punk or emo if you will. But it was definitely not a bad entry.
    Sarah: The outfit is spot on, background is great, and you have good contrasts. The reason you were not in the top is mainly because your model looks a little blurry, and the graphics aren't that great. I don't know why it's like that but a reason for it can be that you used a background that's too big, so you had to drag her to fit the pic (this is just me assuming something). If this is the case, try to resize the background to 900-1200 width.
  • Options
    @psykt Thank you for the feedback :)

About Sarah, it hasn't do do with the size of the background, I guess I over-edited her because otherwise she would have looked too jagged :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    @YJB19299 Okay, then. :) The jaggedness may come if your computer don't handle the game very well, this has been an issue for me at least. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I know I ask lot of questions, but I just wanna have everyone onboard here. Tomorrow I'll post the new challenge, and I'm hoping we can be quicker this time. How many days do you think we should use for each challenge? Aaand.. How many days should the vote be up?
  • Options
    abillings1978abillings1978 Posts: 1,521 Member
    when are you posting who's eliminated?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    When the voting is done :)@abillings1978
    Voting will be closed tomorrow, and I will post the results when I'm home from school.
    I could post them now, I really want to, but not everyone has voted yet.
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I know I ask lot of questions, but I just wanna have everyone onboard here. Tomorrow I'll post the new challenge, and I'm hoping we can be quicker this time. How many days do you think we should use for each challenge? Aaand.. How many days should the vote be up?

The voting should be up for 24 hours, and challenges for 4 days, that seems about fair, right? Unless I'm the only one who thinks so. LOL
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member

The voting should be up for 24 hours, and challenges for 4 days, that seems about fair, right? Unless I'm the only one who thinks so. LOL

I totally agree with this :blush:
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    MissBirdie wrote: »

I totally agree with this :blush:

Same
  • Options
    Alrighty! Results posted on page 1, guys.
    Challenge's coming up.
  • Options
    Congrats @alexis3142 for winning this challenge <3

So sorry to see you go @abillings1978 :cry:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go @abillings1978

And congrats @alexis3142 !
    your entry was stunning!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    Challenge 02 posted on page 1, I've learned from @xJojox that it's smart to use a timer, so here it is
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Checking in for the next challenge! I LOVE this one!! And thank you SO much for adding the timer!
  • Options
    oooo hippies! this could be fun!
  • Options
    Loving the assignment!!
  • Options
    This entry is obviously really rushed, but I'm moving house tomorrow and wanted to just get an entry in incase my internet and pc aren't sorted by the deadline :)

Challenge 02 - The Hippie Movement
    Alessa Algata

tulip_field_by_kjherstin_stock_zpstg2wbx5d.png
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    @psytk can we use Native American headbands?