Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gone backwards.Just nuts.

The newbies may find this version of the Sims appealing but I have been with this franchise since day 1 and we have gone backwards.

1.Babies are nothing more then objects and skip the toddler stage to become a 10 year old.
2.Gotta teleport to visit across the street or the lot next door.
3.No more color wheel.
4.No more age sliders.
Over a decade and the Sims have gone backwards.

Comments

• Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    You know the age sliders, they slid the age. It was a key feature of the sims for 10 years.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    You know the age sliders, they slid the age. It was a key feature of the sims for 10 years.

Still don't know what you're talking about. Are you talking about an age bar where you can view how old the sim is? Cuz they have that in TS4 as long as you're playing as the sim.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Some parts have gone backwards, a lot has gone forwards :)

I've also played since Day 1, and this has happened with every sequel so far. It's just the Sims 4 is gambling a lot of traditional stuff with new stuff.

The idea of the Sims 4 isn't to replace the previous games, it's to provide new experiences without spending all the resources on making an exact replica of the same game.

The Sims 3 ditched a lot of the stuff the Sims 2 had, or just copied and pasted a lot of the Sims 2 content (see Toddlers, Animations, Build Mode etc) and then invested more into Open World, CASt, Sim Design, World Design etc. I mean the Sims 3 base game has barely any gameplay items that weren't taken from Sims 2. Playing a family in the base game feels almost the same as Sims 2 including the same animations. They didn't bother remaking a lot of that gameplay because they wanted to focus on whats new.

I have a feeling if the Sims 4 didn't use a whole new engine built from the ground up, and could reuse Sims 2 and Sims 3 animations, we would have seen alot of that stuff copied and pasted for a third time.

I play all 3 (on various platforms) because each of the 3 game offers something different.

I agree with this!

Yes the Sims 4 is lacking some things, no one can deny that. However it does have its own good points, I don't mind the lack of open world. In fact I love it! But that could be because I love the sims 2. It could also be because my load screens are seconds long so no big deal.
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Age sliders allow the player to set the number of days in each age stage. I remember it in Sims 3 but not Sims 2, unless it was a mod.

You are right it was only in the sims 3. It's one of the features 3 has that 2 doesn't. Unless as you say there is a of that enables that feature.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    The newbies may find this version of the Sims appealing but I have been with this franchise since day 1 and we have gone backwards.

1.Babies are nothing more then objects and skip the toddler stage to become a 10 year old.
    2.Gotta teleport to visit across the street or the lot next door.
    3.No more color wheel.
    4.No more age sliders.
    Over a decade and the Sims have gone backwards.

This game is missing a lot from previous games. Some of the "regression" was necessary, IMHO, because features in Sims 3 made it incompatible with certain playing styles, like mine. Other things, such as skipping toddlers and having babies turn into school-aged children after a few days is a definite step backward.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Another one of these threads. :s You'd think people would be bored by now. Is this forum on an endless loop ?
    Yeah it is another post but what the heck If I am not doing anything at the moment I will play. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    CAS and Build Mode were improved a lot, unless you wanted CASt or terrain tools, then you're out of luck. But there's more "detail" that we can actually add to our creations, and new ideas were added to things that were missing at launch. For basements, they let us open up the ceilings of them, which allowed for a lot of creativity. And with the hats that can be placed separate from the hair, a lot of people were glad about that. There's obviously things missing, but they are gradually getting added in, although the pace could be a bit faster. From what we've seen the past month, the SimGurus have definitely started to open up on things, and they have made it known that they read the forums often. (Graham's statement on beds, Drake helping clear up the EP3 hint thread.) I can tell that they are trying to make this better for us, but whether or not we accept it will be up for each individual player.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    edited February 2016
    I guess it does seem that way....um..... each to their own I guess? I'm personally enjoying the game right now but I do wish everyone else could be satisfied as well. I hope EA/Maxis or whoever is in charge of this game get their head out of the gutter. It's going to be a LONG year so I'm expecting a lot!~

Honestly I'm kind of jelly of people who can run TS3. I would be playing that as well if I could but my toaster computer won't let me at the cost of it breaking down completely so TS4 is my safe-haven atm. :P