Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    OxyOxy Posts: 7 New Member
    So my sims have this problem. They can't seem to WooHoo. Every time I click the option, they walk to each other, and go into this 'reset' pose and the option is gone. I've tried going through my mods, deleting some I thought would be the problem, trying different beds, resetting the family completely (like deleting their save and adding them back to the plot and house), using a different bed, repairing the game, and debugging the sims and the bed. The cache is empty as well, and script mods disabled. What else can I try? I used to be able to do this but now it won't work.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Oxy wrote: »
    So my sims have this problem. They can't seem to WooHoo. Every time I click the option, they walk to each other, and go into this 'reset' pose and the option is gone. I've tried going through my mods, deleting some I thought would be the problem, trying different beds, resetting the family completely (like deleting their save and adding them back to the plot and house), using a different bed, repairing the game, and debugging the sims and the bed. The cache is empty as well, and script mods disabled. What else can I try? I used to be able to do this but now it won't work.

Hello @Oxy
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Oxy wrote: »
    >
    > So my sims have this problem. They can't seem to WooHoo. Every time I click the option, they walk to each other, and go into this 'reset' pose and the option is gone. I've tried going through my mods, deleting some I thought would be the problem, trying different beds, resetting the family completely (like deleting their save and adding them back to the plot and house), using a different bed, repairing the game, and debugging the sims and the bed. The cache is empty as well, and script mods disabled. What else can I try? I used to be able to do this but now it won't work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Oxy
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Tried removing all mods and then.. I lost the option to WooHoo completely.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Oxy wrote: »
    >
    > So my sims have this problem. They can't seem to WooHoo. Every time I click the option, they walk to each other, and go into this 'reset' pose and the option is gone. I've tried going through my mods, deleting some I thought would be the problem, trying different beds, resetting the family completely (like deleting their save and adding them back to the plot and house), using a different bed, repairing the game, and debugging the sims and the bed. The cache is empty as well, and script mods disabled. What else can I try? I used to be able to do this but now it won't work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Oxy
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Tried removing all mods and then.. I lost the option to WooHoo completely.

I am sorry that you are having this issue .
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs in the new save game also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    @rosemow the option appeared on the bed so I clicked it. it disappeared immediately. Mods are still on my desktop
  • Options
    @rosemow the option appeared on the bed so I clicked it. it disappeared immediately. Mods are still on my desktop

Try doing what I suggested in the post above yours. Try testing in that new save game to see if the issue occurs with other sims.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Is anyone else experiencing issues where toddler everyday clothes have the "swimwear" filter? It can easily be removed but i'm wondering how this could happen.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Is anyone else experiencing issues where toddler everyday clothes have the "swimwear" filter? It can easily be removed but i'm wondering how this could happen.

Hello
    Is this with EA clothing or cc clothing? Have you run a batch fix on the clothing?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Is this with EA clothing or cc clothing? Have you run a batch fix on the clothing?

Both and yes.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Both and yes.

The batch fix may have caused the issue to the cc items . There may have been a glitch occur when the fix was applied .
  • Options
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue .
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs in the new save game also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hm, I still seem to be having the issue.
  • Options
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue .
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs in the new save game also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hm, I still seem to be having the issue.

Did the issue still occur in the new save game before you placed back all the folders?.
  • Options
    @rosemow No, the problem was fixed. Maybe it's my mods after all?
  • Options
    @rosemow No, the problem was fixed. Maybe it's my mods after all?

It sounds like it could be your mods. Try testing your game again without the mods folder there and see if the issue remains. Also try testing with other households in that save game to see if the issue is affecting them also.
  • Options
    @rosemow Wow, it worked this time when I removed the mods. I'll try going through in batches now. I'll let you know if I find anything. It also seems to be across all my saves, so it's gotta be a mod.
  • Options
    @rosemow Wow, it worked this time when I removed the mods. I'll try going through in batches now. I'll let you know if I find anything. It also seems to be across all my saves, so it's gotta be a mod.

I hope that youare able to find the cause of the issues,
  • Options
    LfalnaLfalna Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello
    I've been recently having this issue in Cats & Dogs where the option to bathe dogs is glitched.
    While the interaction of giving the dog a bath occurs (where the dog accepts the offer), the action of which they should go to a tub doesn't happen. This task for my Sim to do disappears. ..: h t t p : / / tinypic . com/r/2isia7a/9 :.. (spaces because I'm unable to post links...)
    I use a laptop and my operating system's Windows 10. Cats & Dogs 's the only expansion that I currently have on my game. I use mods and cc as well but haven't installed any new stuff yet.
  • Options
    Lfalna wrote: »
    Hello
    I've been recently having this issue in Cats & Dogs where the option to bathe dogs is glitched.
    While the interaction of giving the dog a bath occurs (where the dog accepts the offer), the action of which they should go to a tub doesn't happen. This task for my Sim to do disappears. ..: h t t p : / / tinypic . com/r/2isia7a/9 :.. (spaces because I'm unable to post links...)
    I use a laptop and my operating system's Windows 10. Cats & Dogs 's the only expansion that I currently have on my game. I use mods and cc as well but haven't installed any new stuff yet.

Hello @Lfalna
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    @rosemow After work I finally found the mod that was causing me so much trouble. Thank you for helping me through this! I appreciate your existence
  • Options
    @rosemow After work I finally found the mod that was causing me so much trouble. Thank you for helping me through this! I appreciate your existence

You’re welcome :) It is great that you found the mod that was causing the issues,
  • Options
    EricSwennssonEricSwennsson Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Oxy said:

Do you have the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mod? Try updating it. And if you are using that mod I don't think regular interaction for "woohoo" works with it.
  • Options
    scott_andrews92scott_andrews92 Posts: 16 New Member
    My computer seems to lag; I have [some] custom content installed, but not enough to cause a major lag. Also, I cannot seem to get Full Editmode for CAS to launch within cheats. Is it a bug of some sort?
  • Options
    My computer seems to lag; I have [some] custom content installed, but not enough to cause a major lag. Also, I cannot seem to get Full Editmode for CAS to launch within cheats. Is it a bug of some sort?

Helllo @scott_andrews92
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

The cheat is
    cas.fulleditmode
    Try checking to make sure that you are typing it correctly.
  • Options
    This isn't really an issue with the game, but when i try to launch it it says only one computer can be logged in to origin at a time. It shouldn't be logged into any other computers.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This isn't really an issue with the game, but when i try to launch it it says only one computer can be logged in to origin at a time. It shouldn't be logged into any other computers.

Hello
    There has been other simmers who also have had this issue
    This is a link to a post that explains what Euphorial Queen did when she received the meesage
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931324/account-currently-in-use-message
    Try shutting down your computer completely, restart the computer, then log into Origin and see if the issue remains,