Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I have a small bug in my game. I don't know why, but at the geek convention there was a bug once, and one virtual 3d game machine got stuck. So now, I constantly have that machine, but shrinked. Any idea how I can fix that? it's not causing trouble for now, but i'm afraid that it will cause more little bugs after a while.

Hello
    When there is a festival next time there, have your sim remain at the festival right unitil the end, until all the festival items including the machine disappears. This should then remove the machine.
  • Options
    tamira97tamira97 Posts: 2 New Member
    Issue

Weird flickering starting right from the loading screen in TS4

Steps you took for Issue to occur

I had several last exceptions happening and also a TON of faulty CC which were annoying me so I removed everything, uninstalled the game and installed it afresh. The flickering started on the first time I started it up. Graphics are on the lowest settings and on laptop mode (previously was running on medium ).

Video
    youtube dot com/watch?v=ALuJqMZiiLI

Where does the bug occur ?

Occurs starting from the EA load screen and is everywhere.

Mods/CC

Had a few script Mods and a ton of CC which I removed before uninstalling and hadn't added back to the current save yet.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Base Game only.

Occurring since

Uninstalling and Re-installing. Didn't have any graphics issues besides a little bit of a slow down recently.

Operating system

Windows 10 Version 1703 64Bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 GHz
  • Options
    tamira97 wrote: »
    Issue

Weird flickering starting right from the loading screen in TS4

Steps you took for Issue to occur

I had several last exceptions happening and also a TON of faulty CC which were annoying me so I removed everything, uninstalled the game and installed it afresh. The flickering started on the first time I started it up. Graphics are on the lowest settings and on laptop mode (previously was running on medium ).

Video
    youtube dot com/watch?v=ALuJqMZiiLI
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALuJqMZiiLI

Where does the bug occur ?

Occurs starting from the EA load screen and is everywhere.

Mods/CC

Had a few script Mods and a ton of CC which I removed before uninstalling and hadn't added back to the current save yet.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Base Game only.

Occurring since

Uninstalling and Re-installing. Didn't have any graphics issues besides a little bit of a slow down recently.

Operating system

Windows 10 Version 1703 64Bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 GHz

Hello @tamira97

Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • Options
    minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I have a small bug in my game. I don't know why, but at the geek convention there was a bug once, and one virtual 3d game machine got stuck. So now, I constantly have that machine, but shrinked. Any idea how I can fix that? it's not causing trouble for now, but i'm afraid that it will cause more little bugs after a while.

Hello
    When there is a festival next time there, have your sim remain at the festival right unitil the end, until all the festival items including the machine disappears. This should then remove the machine.

Thanks i'll try that!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks i'll try that!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    tamira97tamira97 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > tamira97 wrote: »
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > Weird flickering starting right from the loading screen in TS4
    >
    > Steps you took for Issue to occur
    >
    > I had several last exceptions happening and also a TON of faulty CC which were annoying me so I removed everything, uninstalled the game and installed it afresh. The flickering started on the first time I started it up. Graphics are on the lowest settings and on laptop mode (previously was running on medium ).
    >
    > Video
    > youtube dot com/watch?v=ALuJqMZiiLI
    >
    >
    > Where does the bug occur ?
    >
    > Occurs starting from the EA load screen and is everywhere.
    >
    > Mods/CC
    >
    > Had a few script Mods and a ton of CC which I removed before uninstalling and hadn't added back to the current save yet.
    >
    > Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    >
    > Base Game only.
    >
    > Occurring since
    >
    > Uninstalling and Re-installing. Didn't have any graphics issues besides a little bit of a slow down recently.
    >
    > Operating system
    >
    > Windows 10 Version 1703 64Bit
    > Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 GHz
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @tamira97
    >
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    > Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin
    > and post the link to the file here
    >
    > You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

Actually I just read a board somewhere with a sort of similar issue which was solved by turning vertical sync on, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help anyways though! :)
  • Options
    tamira97 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > tamira97 wrote: »
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > Weird flickering starting right from the loading screen in TS4
    >
    > Steps you took for Issue to occur
    >
    > I had several last exceptions happening and also a TON of faulty CC which were annoying me so I removed everything, uninstalled the game and installed it afresh. The flickering started on the first time I started it up. Graphics are on the lowest settings and on laptop mode (previously was running on medium ).
    >
    > Video
    > youtube dot com/watch?v=ALuJqMZiiLI
    >
    >
    > Where does the bug occur ?
    >
    > Occurs starting from the EA load screen and is everywhere.
    >
    > Mods/CC
    >
    > Had a few script Mods and a ton of CC which I removed before uninstalling and hadn't added back to the current save yet.
    >
    > Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    >
    > Base Game only.
    >
    > Occurring since
    >
    > Uninstalling and Re-installing. Didn't have any graphics issues besides a little bit of a slow down recently.
    >
    > Operating system
    >
    > Windows 10 Version 1703 64Bit
    > Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 GHz
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @tamira97
    >
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    > Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin
    > and post the link to the file here
    >
    > You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

Actually I just read a board somewhere with a sort of similar issue which was solved by turning vertical sync on, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help anyways though! :)

It is great that your issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    SuhryumSuhryum Posts: 9 New Member
    My sim is growing magnificent bonsai shrubs, and the first time she grew a shrub it never grew bonsai buds, so I figured that bonsai shrubs can only be converted to the decorative tree. Now they don't have the option to change into the tree, and my sim just harvested bonsai buds from one. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from a shrub, but the option to turn it into a tree is gone. I have mccc.
  • Options
    > @Suhryum said:
    > My sim is growing magnificent bonsai shrubs, and the first time she grew a shrub it never grew bonsai buds, so I figured that bonsai shrubs can only be converted to the decorative tree. Now they don't have the option to change into the tree, and my sim just harvested bonsai buds from one. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from a shrub, but the option to turn it into a tree is gone. I have mccc.

Ok, so my sim slept and the option to turn it into decorative is back, but when I press it, it goes away.
  • Options
    Suhryum wrote: »
    > @Suhryum said:
    > My sim is growing magnificent bonsai shrubs, and the first time she grew a shrub it never grew bonsai buds, so I figured that bonsai shrubs can only be converted to the decorative tree. Now they don't have the option to change into the tree, and my sim just harvested bonsai buds from one. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from a shrub, but the option to turn it into a tree is gone. I have mccc.

Ok, so my sim slept and the option to turn it into decorative is back, but when I press it, it goes away.

Hello
    Your sim needs to be at level 8 in the gardening skill then they
    Get the ability to spend $50 to re-grow a Bonsai Tree in order to re-shape it.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Suhryum wrote: »
    >
    > > @Suhryum said:
    > > My sim is growing magnificent bonsai shrubs, and the first time she grew a shrub it never grew bonsai buds, so I figured that bonsai shrubs can only be converted to the decorative tree. Now they don't have the option to change into the tree, and my sim just harvested bonsai buds from one. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from a shrub, but the option to turn it into a tree is gone. I have mccc.
    >
    > Ok, so my sim slept and the option to turn it into decorative is back, but when I press it, it goes away.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Your sim needs to be at level 8 in the gardening skill then they Get the ability to spend $50 to re-grow a Bonsai Tree in order to re-shape it.

My sim is max level in gardening, and has already turned multiple shrubs into trees. This might just be a bug caused by mccc, because I found a temporary fix of resetting my sim. What I'm curious about is am I supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from bonsai shrubs?
  • Options
    Suhryum wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Suhryum wrote: »
    >
    > > @Suhryum said:
    > > My sim is growing magnificent bonsai shrubs, and the first time she grew a shrub it never grew bonsai buds, so I figured that bonsai shrubs can only be converted to the decorative tree. Now they don't have the option to change into the tree, and my sim just harvested bonsai buds from one. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from a shrub, but the option to turn it into a tree is gone. I have mccc.
    >
    > Ok, so my sim slept and the option to turn it into decorative is back, but when I press it, it goes away.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Your sim needs to be at level 8 in the gardening skill then they Get the ability to spend $50 to re-grow a Bonsai Tree in order to re-shape it.

My sim is max level in gardening, and has already turned multiple shrubs into trees. This might just be a bug caused by mccc, because I found a temporary fix of resetting my sim. What I'm curious about is am I supposed to be able to harvest bonsai buds from bonsai shrubs?

Hello
    You are able to harvest bonsai buds. In this link thread the simmer listed bonsai buds as a harvestable they obtained money from
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/881212/making-the-most-out-of-gardening
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Hi, @rosemow you may be interested in the Kris Kringle comp I do every year. Not sure if people will have time this year but check it out in our Aussie thread here and you may be interested. Check it out HERE

• Options
    Hi, @rosemow you may be interested in the Kris Kringle comp I do every year. Not sure if people will have time this year but check it out in our Aussie thread here and you may be interested. Check it out HERE

Hello @Jendowoz0612 :) Thankyou for letting me know about it :)
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    It is for building so thought you may be interested. :)

• Options
    shesimsshesims Posts: 4 New Member
    I think i forgot to post something but i dont remember but i did the thing to remove cats and dogs it worked but the game is still crashing when i enter build and buy
  • Options
    shesims wrote: »
    I think i forgot to post something but i dont remember but i did the thing to remove cats and dogs it worked but the game is still crashing when i enter build and buy

Hello
    I am so sorry but your computer can’t handle the game :( Having 32 bit mode can be causing this issue. Also having an integrated processor video card can be causing issues. You will need to play on another computer or buy a new computer that can handle the game. I am so sorry that you are unable to play on your current one :(
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    I can't make a new post but my sims are obsessed over the sinks. The action says wash dishes but there are no dishes. They walk like robots from sink to sink. Bathrooms and kitchen. The sims in the household do it, visiting sims do it. It's so annoying. I don't know how to make them stop. I have a sim over now he is just walking around to sinks like a robot.

Anyone have this problem?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    gbaisden wrote: »
    I can't make a new post but my sims are obsessed over the sinks. The action says wash dishes but there are no dishes. They walk like robots from sink to sink. Bathrooms and kitchen. The sims in the household do it, visiting sims do it. It's so annoying. I don't know how to make them stop. I have a sim over now he is just walking around to sinks like a robot.

Anyone have this problem?

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Wash-dishes-spamming/m-p/6094381#M38928
    It is connected with traits that came with the Parenthood pack

If you have MC Command Center mod, there are settings that can help with the issue
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/AutomationScan
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    arasemarasem Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I really hope I'm posting this in the right place!

I have an issue that's bothering me. My sim is a comedian, and has to compose comedy routines. However, the comedy option on my computer has disappeared! I tried checking on another computer, but it's just gone. He can't refine existing comedy routines or write new ones. How can I fix this? I've never experienced anything like this.
  • Options
    arasem wrote: »
    Hello, I really hope I'm posting this in the right place!

I have an issue that's bothering me. My sim is a comedian, and has to compose comedy routines. However, the comedy option on my computer has disappeared! I tried checking on another computer, but it's just gone. He can't refine existing comedy routines or write new ones. How can I fix this? I've never experienced anything like this.

Hello @arasem
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try selling the computer and buying a new computer, then test to see if that helps,

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    arasemarasem Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow , thank you for replying so fast! I'll try this:)
  • Options
    EricSwennssonEricSwennsson Posts: 4 New Member
    For some reason my game has started to act weird. My sim sometimes freezes but the time goes on. They won't finish the animations (they'll just stand there), and even if I try cancel the interaction, it won't stop/ disappear. I have mods but one of my friends is having the same issue and she doesn't use any mods. I read that playing the game offline would help but that didn't do anything for me. What should I do?
  • Options
    For some reason my game has started to act weird. My sim sometimes freezes but the time goes on. They won't finish the animations (they'll just stand there), and even if I try cancel the interaction, it won't stop/ disappear. I have mods but one of my friends is having the same issue and she doesn't use any mods. I read that playing the game offline would help but that didn't do anything for me. What should I do?

Hello @EricSwennsson
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. Mods may be causing issues in your game so it is best to test.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

When this occurs, pressing pause, then waiting a short while, than going back to normal speed can help. Also going to build mode and back, or game options and back can help.