Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    My sim complains about not being able to use the refrigerator because there's no room for her to use it apparently, but there's really nothing that's on the way, she can walk directly to the refrigerator, but not use it. is this a bug? It is annoying for sure, since now she can't eat anything.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    MEP199 wrote: »
    My sim complains about not being able to use the refrigerator because there's no room for her to use it apparently, but there's really nothing that's on the way, she can walk directly to the refrigerator, but not use it. is this a bug? It is annoying for sure, since now she can't eat anything.

Hello @MEP199
    Try selling the fridge and buying a new one. Then see if that helps.
    Have your sim travel to another lot and back. Then see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    Well, the issue remains and actually I can't use the oven or sink either. I tried buying new refrigerators etc. but it didn't help.
  • Options
    Well, the issue remains and actually I can't use the oven or sink either. I tried buying new refrigerators etc. but it didn't help.

Hello @MEP199
    If there are overhanging items in the kitchen, remove them and see if that helps.
    Try moving the furnishings around in fhe room, and see if the issue renains .
    Using the moo cheat to place items can sometinex cause isssues, Renioce any nearby irems around the fridge and oven.
    Make sure that there is enough free counter space for sims to do cooking,
  • Options
    Okay, the moo cheat was probably the issue here, I used it for some clutter items.Thank you!:)
  • Options
    nebulousvoidnebulousvoid Posts: 6 New Member
    @rosemow I've done what you suggested. The game loads a bit quicker now.
    I loaded the last save and the sim was still in the randomized clothes and switched into other random ones when i made her change into a specific one. BUT i noticed that as soon as i ended the club gathering she changed back into her Clothes That I Had Picked.

...sorry im dragging this problem for so long here by the way. It seems it has to do with the club gatherings? Like, it only happens then?
  • Options
    nebulousvoidnebulousvoid Posts: 6 New Member
    (sorry, id ad this to the post i just made but i dont see an edit option)
    YUP i clicked Start Club Gathering out of curiousity and AS SOON AS i did that the sim changed into random clothes.
  • Options
    Okay, the moo cheat was probably the issue here, I used it for some clutter items.Thank you!:)

Hello
    You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    @rosemow I've done what you suggested. The game loads a bit quicker now.
    I loaded the last save and the sim was still in the randomized clothes and switched into other random ones when i made her change into a specific one. BUT i noticed that as soon as i ended the club gathering she changed back into her Clothes That I Had Picked.

...sorry im dragging this problem for so long here by the way. It seems it has to do with the club gatherings? Like, it only happens then?

Hello @nebulousvoid
    It sounds like the issue is specifically occurring when there are club gatherings in your game. Try setting up a club outfit option as the second choice in her everydaywear, then if her clothes are randomised during a club gathering, try seeing if you can use the change outfit to change her into it then.
  • Options
    Tambair0688Tambair0688 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16085265"][quote="Tambair0688;c-16085254"][quote="rosemow;c-16084511"][quote="Tambair0688;c-16084487"]Ugh. My comment didn't post correctly lol So I'm new here. I obviously don't know how to post here lol So I'm having an issue with my game. It just started yesterday. My sim had a baby :) It was time for the baby to age up, so I clicked on the crib and chose "age up". The Toddler Trait menu popped up, but it was blank! I couldn't choose anything. I also couldn't back out so I had to force quit the game. So I restarted the computer, updated the game, and repaired it. I made a different family and it happened again! I can't figure it out. I don't have any Custom Content installed. I was playing City Life, if that matters at all. I'm so frustrated :( Can anyone help me? I'd really rather not uninstall and reinstall the game... Thanks :) [/quote]

Hello @Tambair0688
    I am sorry that you had this issue occur in your game.
    Try testing again today to see if the issue occurs again.
    If the issue occurs again today, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    If the issue remains , you can enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode and take them into cas and manually add the trait.
    [/quote]

I will try that! Thank you! I did try the CAS thing, but I guess it won't recognize that they aged up and won't let me edit anything since it thinks it's still a baby and not a toddler. I was even going to just remove the baby and add a toddler, but that didn't work either. I'll try the folder thing. Thank you![/quote]

You’re welcome :) I hope that it helps. If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.
    You could also see if just waiting for the baby to age up naturally without clicking on the bassinet to age up, may not have these issues.[/quote]

I figured it out :) I just had to start a new game. Thanks!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Ugh. My comment didn't post correctly lol So I'm new here. I obviously don't know how to post here lol So I'm having an issue with my game. It just started yesterday. My sim had a baby :) It was time for the baby to age up, so I clicked on the crib and chose "age up". The Toddler Trait menu popped up, but it was blank! I couldn't choose anything. I also couldn't back out so I had to force quit the game. So I restarted the computer, updated the game, and repaired it. I made a different family and it happened again! I can't figure it out. I don't have any Custom Content installed. I was playing City Life, if that matters at all. I'm so frustrated :( Can anyone help me? I'd really rather not uninstall and reinstall the game... Thanks :)

Hello @Tambair0688
    I am sorry that you had this issue occur in your game.
    Try testing again today to see if the issue occurs again.
    If the issue occurs again today, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    If the issue remains , you can enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode and take them into cas and manually add the trait.

I will try that! Thank you! I did try the CAS thing, but I guess it won't recognize that they aged up and won't let me edit anything since it thinks it's still a baby and not a toddler. I was even going to just remove the baby and add a toddler, but that didn't work either. I'll try the folder thing. Thank you!

You’re welcome :) I hope that it helps. If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.
    You could also see if just waiting for the baby to age up naturally without clicking on the bassinet to age up, may not have these issues.

I figured it out :) I just had to start a new game. Thanks!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    OrchydOrchyd Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. My Sim is at Level 8 in the Scientist career, but the Chemistry Lab object is still locked. I don't see this as a known bug anywhere. Any ideas? I've tried restarting the game. I'm thinking about moving households to see what happens.
  • Options
    Orchyd wrote: »
    Hello. My Sim is at Level 8 in the Scientist career, but the Chemistry Lab object is still locked. I don't see this as a known bug anywhere. Any ideas? I've tried restarting the game. I'm thinking about moving households to see what happens.

Hello @Orchyd
    It may be best to type into the cheat box
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    to unlock the item for you to then get from the build/buy mode catalogue,
  • Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    so any news on a new mod to reset the bathing outfit? the one i found is out of date and apparenetly doesnt work no more
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    so any news on a new mod to reset the bathing outfit? the one i found is out of date and apparenetly doesnt work no more

Hello
    If you have MC Command Center mod , you can reset the bathing outfit. This is what Deaderpool wrote on his site about the issue
    HOW DO I FIX BATHING OUTFITS THAT SHOW CLOTHING WHEN IT SHOULD BE NAKED?
    Clothing showing on Sims when they are supposed to be naked in bathing outfits is caused by bad CC. The clothing causing the problem is set as “Valid for Bathing Outfits” by the CC creators. It needs to be removed or repaired to prevent it being equipped on any Sim that gets a bathing outfit generated by the base game. Sims 4 Studio has an option to repair CC that is setup incorrectly like this. Once the clothing has been removed or repaired, a Sim’s bathing outfit can be reset by running the “Clean Outfits” MC Dresser command on the Sim when they are in their bathing outfit.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/faq

You need to first use the batch fix that is in the Sims 4 Studio tool. You need to register with the site to download the tool but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com/
    then use the “ Clean outfits” option in MCCC Dresser.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Okay, so this is more of a question (but it revolves around a bug.) So my sim is married with a few kids, and is pregnant. However, she's pregnant with someone else's baby, and i heard there was a glitch that if a toddler's parent lived away, they will just break in your house. So i locked the door for only household members. Then i moved them, and forgot to unlock the door. So 2 questions.

A. Will the door being locked affect any sims that move in there with MCCC?

B. Will keeping the door locked keep my sim's baby's dad out of the house?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Okay, so this is more of a question (but it revolves around a bug.) So my sim is married with a few kids, and is pregnant. However, she's pregnant with someone else's baby, and i heard there was a glitch that if a toddler's parent lived away, they will just break in your house. So i locked the door for only household members. Then i moved them, and forgot to unlock the door. So 2 questions.

Hello.
    When your sim moved from the home, the door would have then become unlocked, so it won’t affect other sims that move into the home.

The dad will continue to visit the home, until the Toddler ages up to being a child. He shouldn’t be able to enter into the home though whilst it is locked.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Hello.
    When your sim moved from the home, the door would have then become unlocked, so it won’t affect other sims that move into the home.

The dad will continue to visit the home, until the Toddler ages up to being a child. He shouldn’t be able to enter into the home though whilst it is locked.

Okay. I will say if the dad manages to break in with the door locked.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options

Hello.

Okay. I will say if the dad manages to break in with the door locked.

Hello
    He may still keep visiting the home, but will remain outdoors and not enter the home.
  • Options
    edchuckndoug47edchuckndoug47 Posts: 5 New Member
    Since the latest patch, Dates, parties end almost after they have begun. Club activities still work. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    Since the latest patch, Dates, parties end almost after they have begun. Club activities still work. Anyone else having this problem?

Hello @edchuckndoug47
    Is there another thing that occurs at the time that they end? Is it when another person arrives?
    It may be a part of the issue referred to in this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Parties-immediately-end-when-random-social-events-occur/m-p/5681785#M29724
  • Options
    KitaluckyKitalucky Posts: 32 Member
    Sims will not get stuff out the fridge or age up toddler. When I prompt them to go to the fidge they act something is in their way and when I prompt them to age the toddler they pick her up and then put her back down. I have repaired the game and reset the game files.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Kitalucky wrote: »
    Sims will not get stuff out the fridge or age up toddler. When I prompt them to go to the fidge they act something is in their way and when I prompt them to age the toddler they pick her up and then put her back down. I have repaired the game and reset the game files.

Hello @Kitalucky
    With the issue with the fridge, try selling the fridge and buying a new one and see if that helps. Try moving the fridge to another position in the kitchen and see if that helps the issue. Try freeing up counter space. If there are objects placed by the moo cheat, either on or around the fridge, try removing them. Remove any overhead objects in the room.
    With the issue with aging up the toddler, try using a different type of table to place the cake on and see if that helps. Try changing the position of the cake on the table. Try cooking a different variety of cake .
    You can also try ageing the toddler at a restaurant using the bring out cake option, if you own Dine Out.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    My Sims Butler is stuck under the stairs, I have tried traveling to the park and to a different world but when I get back, he is still under the stairs. My sim lives in a penthouse, so can not add a door as its a long drop on one side and another set of stairs on the other.
    I really do not want to move house, so is there something else I can try first ?
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Fixed my issue by going to manage worlds moving him into a house, and evicting him. He is now back at work.