Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rawsugarx4rawsugarx4 Posts: 6 New Member
    Ah, I was trying to figure out what was going on!

This is a really weird issue. I've had TS4 for a while now but only recently got back into playing it. I'm playing on a Mac. I have Vampires, Get to Work, and Spooky Stuff.

I made a female Sim who married a vampire male. He's a scientist. They had 1 child with no problems. I had him turn my female into a vampire and then they tried for a baby. Not long after, apparently he got abducted (I had no notification of this at all, it was just in his mood bar) and impregnated. The wife had a baby at the hospital and went home. I aged the baby up to be a toddler. Then I noticed that soon after the baby was aged up (minutes, literally), she was big again and went into labor again. She had another baby. I was excited because in all of the years I've been playing, my Sim has never once had multiples. Then I noticed that the first twin she had wasn't on the family tree. I thought that was a weird glitch. The male Sim had his alien baby at the hospital and I aged her up as well. I was going to have one of the adults put the baby who is missing off the family tree to bed. I clicked on 'Toddler Care' and it said "Adopt As Care Dependent". I tried with the other adult and had the same thing. I looked in the relationship box for all my family members and they all say this baby is an acquaintance instead of a sister.

I can't find any information about how this happened. I'm thinking it's a glitch. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and also if there is anything I can do to resolve it. I'm bummed now that it seems that my Sim did not have twins after all. :disappointed:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    rawsugarx4 wrote: »
    Ah, I was trying to figure out what was going on!

This is a really weird issue. I've had TS4 for a while now but only recently got back into playing it. I'm playing on a Mac. I have Vampires, Get to Work, and Spooky Stuff.

I made a female Sim who married a vampire male. He's a scientist. They had 1 child with no problems. I had him turn my female into a vampire and then they tried for a baby. Not long after, apparently he got abducted (I had no notification of this at all, it was just in his mood bar) and impregnated. The wife had a baby at the hospital and went home. I aged the baby up to be a toddler. Then I noticed that soon after the baby was aged up (minutes, literally), she was big again and went into labor again. She had another baby. I was excited because in all of the years I've been playing, my Sim has never once had multiples. Then I noticed that the first twin she had wasn't on the family tree. I thought that was a weird glitch. The male Sim had his alien baby at the hospital and I aged her up as well. I was going to have one of the adults put the baby who is missing off the family tree to bed. I clicked on 'Toddler Care' and it said "Adopt As Care Dependent". I tried with the other adult and had the same thing. I looked in the relationship box for all my family members and they all say this baby is an acquaintance instead of a sister.

I can't find any information about how this happened. I'm thinking it's a glitch. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and also if there is anything I can do to resolve it. I'm bummed now that it seems that my Sim did not have twins after all. :disappointed:

Hello @rawsugarx4
    It sounds like a glitch occurred. You could use relationship cheats in this link to change the relationships between the sims
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships
    It is the last cheat relationships section of this link. You need to use the cheat twice, once each for each of the sims whose relationship you are changing.
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    im playing one couple, theyre married and have three kids but one of them had an affair and had a baby with someone else. the baby lives with them but the mom keeps coming over and she just doesnt go home. she doesnt knock on the door and she acts like she lives there, shes been hanging out for days straight and i cant tell her to leave. i reloaded the lot and she was gone but then a day later she came back again and did the same thing
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    esfire wrote: »
    im playing one couple, theyre married and have three kids but one of them had an affair and had a baby with someone else. the baby lives with them but the mom keeps coming over and she just doesnt go home. she doesnt knock on the door and she acts like she lives there, shes been hanging out for days straight and i cant tell her to leave. i reloaded the lot and she was gone but then a day later she came back again and did the same thing

Hello @esfire
    Other simmers are also having this issue. The game is treating the other sim as a caregiver. Once the toddler becomes a child, the other parent won't visir .You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA these
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-parent-living-in-different-household-not-leaving/m-p/5823789#M32847
  • Options
    VeNGeAnCe_11VeNGeAnCe_11 Posts: 2 New Member
    So I think I found an issue with the Doctor career, where the AI doesn't work properly.
    What happens is that the Nurse just stands at the front desk all day, (not that they're useful anyways) and the Doctor ignores any case transfers I give them, just going back to what they were doing.
    I done all the regular attempts at fixes, but in the end found that the problem was caused by the Parenthood GP, with the issue disappearing upon uninstalling said GP.
  • Options
    DanaUmlautDanaUmlaut Posts: 7 New Member
    Not an issue, a question. Are other playable Sims meant to be arrested by other playable Sims whilst in the Detective Career? As my self sim was arrested and was stuck in the jail cell. Luckily I had other people in the household and so moved to them and brought the Sim there. Not sure what I would have done if it was alone Sim household.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    DanaUmlaut wrote: »
    Not an issue, a question. Are other playable Sims meant to be arrested by other playable Sims whilst in the Detective Career? As my self sim was arrested and was stuck in the jail cell. Luckily I had other people in the household and so moved to them and brought the Sim there. Not sure what I would have done if it was alone Sim household.

That is weird, I don't think the game is supposed to use sims that are already in the game, whenever I have played the detective career my game always generates new NPC's for the "jailbird" role.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    Bit of a random issue. I use the Kijiko lashes and after resetting my folder, they appear chunky and lime green. I've tested it with different pieces of CC, and that's not causing the issue, plus my game graphics settings are the same as before. Anyone know how to fix this? They were working before I had to reset the Sims 4 folder.
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • Options
    mzabs wrote: »
    Bit of a random issue. I use the Kijiko lashes and after resetting my folder, they appear chunky and lime green. I've tested it with different pieces of CC, and that's not causing the issue, plus my game graphics settings are the same as before. Anyone know how to fix this? They were working before I had to reset the Sims 4 folder.

This is most likely a silly question, which version of lashes are you using? I am using an older version that replaces glasses, the latest version that is in skin detail uses rings, which means you can't place rings on these sims because the ring that you are using will show up on the sims lashes, so if you have a green ring on that sim, the lashes will show up as green chunks.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    I just redownloaded the lashes to make sure I had the latest version. As for accessories, I made sure to take them all off to make sure they weren't the cause. It just seems odd to me that after resetting my folder, this would happen. I've turned the settings up to High (with sim detail as Very High) and the green lashes are gone off the live sim, but are still on the sim in her portrait on the left. I'd like to still fix the green lashes completely, and hopefully run the game on lower settings since I'm playing on a laptop.
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • Options
    So I think I found an issue with the Doctor career, where the AI doesn't work properly.
    What happens is that the Nurse just stands at the front desk all day, (not that they're useful anyways) and the Doctor ignores any case transfers I give them, just going back to what they were doing.
    I done all the regular attempts at fixes, but in the end found that the problem was caused by the Parenthood GP, with the issue disappearing upon uninstalling said GP.

Hello @VeNGeAnCe_11
    Other simmers are also having this issue. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-GTW-Not-able-to-transfer-patient-case/m-p/4456332#M10705
  • Options
    DanaUmlaut wrote: »

Hello
    This isn't meant to happen. The game isn't meant to use sims that you play in that role. I hope that it doesn't occur again.
  • Options
    I just redownloaded the lashes to make sure I had the latest version. As for accessories, I made sure to take them all off to make sure they weren't the cause. It just seems odd to me that after resetting my folder, this would happen. I've turned the settings up to High (with sim detail as Very High) and the green lashes are gone off the live sim, but are still on the sim in her portrait on the left. I'd like to still fix the green lashes completely, and hopefully run the game on lower settings since I'm playing on a laptop.

Hello
    Try using laptop mode and see if the issue still remains.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

"This eyelash uses the ‘Sim Glass shader’ for transparent lashes texture. This shader can’t draw transparent texture in laptop mode.
    Please turn it off when you use this." This is from Kijiko's site, so these lashes will not work in laptop mode and might not show up very well when using lower graphic settings.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »

Hello

"This eyelash uses the ‘Sim Glass shader’ for transparent lashes texture. This shader can’t draw transparent texture in laptop mode.
    Please turn it off when you use this." This is from Kijiko's site, so these lashes will not work in laptop mode and might not show up very well when using lower graphic settings.

Thankyou for letting me know. It sounds like the graphics settings are the cause of the issue.
  • Options

Hello

Thankyou for letting me know. It sounds like the graphics settings are the cause of the issue.

you are welcome @rosemow, I think so as well, I tried those lashes but switched back to the "glasses" eyelash version, 1) I like using those better and 2) with the game putting all the accessories on sims now, the game will add rings to sims which will show up looking like this.

eyelash_version2_SD_03-1-295x300_zpspvcglm1a.jpg

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options

Hello

you are welcome @rosemow, I think so as well, I tried those lashes but switched back to the "glasses" eyelash version, 1) I like using those better and 2) with the game putting all the accessories on sims now, the game will add rings to sims which will show up looking like this.

eyelash_version2_SD_03-1-295x300_zpspvcglm1a.jpg

It helpful to see the picture of what occurs. It is good for simmers who use cc to know the cause when this occurs.
  • Options
    my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates
  • Options
    my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates

Hello @esfire
    It would be good to share your save file, as crinrict posted on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/td-p/5022962/page/11#
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > esfire wrote: »
    >
    > my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @esfire
    > It would be good to share your save file, as crinrict posted on this AHQ EA thread
    > http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/td-p/5022962/page/11#

alright im just hesitant because its a messy file and i figured id just leave it as it is as long as it cant break my game i just wonder if i have to worry about it or not?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @esfire
    > It would be good to share your save file, as crinrict posted on this AHQ EA thread
    > http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/td-p/5022962/page/11#

alright im just hesitant because its a messy file and i figured id just leave it as it is as long as it cant break my game i just wonder if i have to worry about it or not?

It shouldn't be occurring in your game. Try seeing what occurs when someone passes away in your game, and if issues occur then.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > esfire wrote: »
    > >
    > > my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @esfire
    > > It would be good to share your save file, as crinrict posted on this AHQ EA thread
    > > http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/td-p/5022962/page/11#
    >
    > alright im just hesitant because its a messy file and i figured id just leave it as it is as long as it cant break my game i just wonder if i have to worry about it or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It shouldn't be occurring in your game. Try seeing what occurs when someone passes away in your game, and if issues occur then.

i havent seen any issues so far, he seems to be doing his job still
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > esfire wrote: »
    > >
    > > my sim keeps getting physical with the grim reaper, can this break my game? i know its not supposed to happen but theyre kissing and going on dates
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @esfire
    > > It would be good to share your save file, as crinrict posted on this AHQ EA thread
    > > http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/td-p/5022962/page/11#
    >
    > alright im just hesitant because its a messy file and i figured id just leave it as it is as long as it cant break my game i just wonder if i have to worry about it or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It shouldn't be occurring in your game. Try seeing what occurs when someone passes away in your game, and if issues occur then.

i havent seen any issues so far, he seems to be doing his job still

That is good :)
  • Options
    spelca1spelca1 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hello! (im not speaking english very well so im sorry for some spelling mistakes)

I have a problem. When i try to play the sims 4 there always comes a message that says "Run the game as adminitstrator if it is the first time starting it. Always make sure Origin cilent is not running.". I tried every video on youtube for advice. But they're not working. Please help!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    spelca1 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hello! (im not speaking english very well so im sorry for some spelling mistakes)

I have a problem. When i try to play the sims 4 there always comes a message that says "Run the game as adminitstrator if it is the first time starting it. Always make sure Origin cilent is not running.". I tried every video on youtube for advice. But they're not working. Please help!!!

Hello @spelca1
    Close Origin if it is open.. Then right click the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator "

If the issue remains, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.