Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise

I had recently bought Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I really like it! Only problem is, I'm worried that if I use Isla Paradiso, it will crash my computer or freeze the game. I had that problem with Bridgeport, and I havent played in bridgeport since. I have only played on sunset Valley, moonlight falls, and Appaloosa plains. I would LOVE to be able to play Isla Paradiso, but Ive gotten A LOT of bad reviews on it, due to; crashing, freezing, and taking a whole long time JUST to be able to do ONE thing. I guess what I really wanna know is;

- Is Isla Paradiso fixed?
- Is there a way I can fix it without using mods?
- Is there a cheat to fix it?
- Can scuba diving work in any world?
- Can the islands spawn in any world?
- IS there a way fix it AT ALL?

~thanks in advance to those who take the time to answer this!~

:smile:

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2016
    The Isla Paradiso world is flawed and, for most of us, unplayable without being fixed. You can fix it by using a redone world by a player here named @ciane .

Or you can fix it yourself up to the point where it's playable. But fixed or not, I wouldn't recommend playing that world without NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register mods to help control the glitches.

-- Move the Ichtaca, Medina, and Los Amigos families to new houses and bulldoze the originals/replace with different houses
    -- Do the same for the Scott family and bulldoze their houseboat and the lot at which it was docked
    -- (I actually moved almost all of the houseboat families inland as well but was later told that was overkill)
    -- If you have Pets, use the NRaas Register mod to disallow wild animals as especially horses keep ending up stuck in ridiculous places and drag the game down as it tries to re-route them
    -- In addtion to the usual Overwatch and ErrorTrap recommendations (from my corner of the web, that is), Register is required to control the vast number of unnecessary resort workers that will spawn invisibly and clog up the game
    -- Some players find they need a cheat code to lift the fog on undiscovered islands to reduce lag, but I never had the need to do that; it's possible I didn't play in that world long enough to find out what the problem was

You can put diving lots in other worlds provided the water is deep enough, depends on the worlds' design. Haven't ever done this and I understand it's not easy. As for the islands, those would have to be in the world already in its design stage.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I find that moving all the houseboaters to land will keep them from driving their houseboats all over, so it's worth it for me to do that. (Imagine how much lag all those boats moving around would cause. Only my active sim gets to live on a house boat!)

I also change both the expensive resorts to normal community lots so there are no resort workers spawning. Hobart's won't have resort workers until your sim decides to be a resort owner, so you have control over that. My system handles taking Hobart's to 5 stars without a problem, but again, I only let my active sim run it.

I also find most of the problems with those key families is that there is something that needs to be fixed on the lot itself. The Scott family boat is of course borked because it was actually not docked when the world was finalized. The Ichtaca's live in a castle that just takes way too long to get to the front door. The Medina's house has a porch area where the toddler will get stuck. Los Amigos just has a bathroom with tub turned the wrong way, I think.

The other problem with the Scott and Medina families is the pregnant sims that want to go to work. They might try to change into a career outfit that isn't coded for maternity. Normally, pregnant sims don't try to go to work, but because they were already pregnant, they might just keep spinning trying to get into that work outfit.

I do believe that Overwatch is key to solving problems and Error Trap is key to avoiding them. Luckily, I've managed without ever having Register in my game (though I can see the benefit in it).

I probably should put links to some of my threads in my siggie, shouldn't I?
  • Options
    NightcoreAllieNightcoreAllie Posts: 16 New Member
    Thanks for replying so quickly! :) I get how much lag the AI(s) would cause. And to top it off, for the system to have to generate a whole UNDERSEA land -my computer has trouble just generating sunset valley!- I was happy to hear that I could solve my worries by using Edit World. Unfortunately, my computer has never been very fond of mods -not even installed content from the sims 3 community-. I get that NRaas is a good site for mods -considering the fact that picking up a mod from any random link might send my computer to PC heaven- but even getting mods from a good website is dangerous. Ah me, it would be nice for The Sims 3 community to have mods on the exchange as well! :) Thanks for your help, though! I was also just now wondering if there would be a way to make sunset valley a little prettier, considering its dark blue waters, plain fields, small lots, and so on.... But I will try moving the sims to land and everything else you suggested! :D :D :D
  • Options
    If you ever want to revisit the notion of having mods and need some help in looking at your computer's specs or setting that up and which ones to try first, feel free to ask. Merely having mods in play should not overwhelm even weaker computers running this game unless the mods themselves are too overpowering to be run alongside the game engine. NRaas MasterController, Register, ErrorTrap add very little to no measurable overhead unless you count a few extra seconds at startup. Overwatch might add a small amount, but the net gain in keeping things working properly is almost always a positive one. StoryProgression I can understand would be more of a strain than some systems can handle.

Mods on the Exchange would be a recipe for disaster as there would be no gating system to keep poorly performing mods and downright evil scripted things that destroy players' games off of there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    summerblonde10summerblonde10 Posts: 77 New Member
    So Isla Paradiso is just flawed completely? They forgot to do things before they finished it. My issues started when i bought that from origin. Everything was running fine. No lag, no glitches nothing! I buy that world and BAM! Lag and glitches start and sims are constantly stuck, etc. Its apparently the biggest world from what ive gathered and making even the best gaming computers crash, lag or glitch. I did move all those people like suggested and that helped somewhat. Had i known that IP wasnt as great as everyone was making it seem, i wouldnt have wasted the money on it.
  • Options
    The EP, although one of the heavier ones and not for somewhat weaker computers, works fine for most of us when playing other worlds. Maybe an occasional bout with sims taking water taxis in places where that doesn't make any sense, but not usually in a way that's constant or causes tremendous problems.

It's the Isla Paradiso world itself that is flawed. You're right, doesn't matter how strong a system we are talking about, the world is not playable or at least not for very long without being fixed. Those who choose not to fix it up but still want IP content can place them (with some levels of difficulty for things like dive lots) elsewhere or play custom tropical worlds that do not have Isla P's flaws.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I just really want any tropical world without glitches. My friend says its something about a black box? I dont know what that really means, but for another one of my friends it works fine. Although, one of my friends has Pets and the pets are just.....terrifing......... so it might be her PC. But, do you know of any worlds LIKE Isla Paradiso? I could add in some hotels and such. Also does scuba diving work for any other worlds, because I just found out that Parker Langerak, from Sunset Valley, is a mermaid. I was hoping my sims could become mermaids too. I have Supernatura, so I could just switch the race (like from human to mermaid) but mermaid isnt an option. Oh well!
  • Options
    You can place IP content in other worlds. Dive lots can be tricky and the water has to be deep enough for those to work properly.

There are player-made custom tropical worlds available that have many of the same features as Isla Paradiso without the glitches and flaws. Look for Enekjaer (medium) and Suvadiva (small) on this page; there are others:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Worlds+Recommended+By+Wiki+Members

The mermaid occult type is gained by eating mermadic kelp, available though social interactions with other mermaids or through an LTR. You can also add the occult to an existing sim using NRaas MasterController.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ok! Thank you! :D
  • Options
    How would I make a scuba dive spot? Also, would I be able to see in it? or would it be a rabbit hole
  • Options
    How would I make a scuba dive spot? Also, would I be able to see in it? or would it be a rabbit hole
    Beyond my field of expertise, but there's guides, tutorials, and YouTube videos all over the web covering building those.

Here's a nice looking one: http://simsvip.com/sims-3-island-paradise-guide/creating-dive-lots
    or try a search engine to find others. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ok thank you!
  • Options
    JBurtisJBurtis Posts: 22 Member
    So with my game, when the sim is scuba diving the scenery keeps disappearing. Any ideas on that? I see the mods and stuff you mentioned I just don't know how to use them and the websites aren't very helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    JBurtis wrote: »
    So with my game, when the sim is scuba diving the scenery keeps disappearing. Any ideas on that? I see the mods and stuff you mentioned I just don't know how to use them and the websites aren't very helpful.
    I'm sorry, but am going to have to push back a bit on the NRaas site not being helpful if that happens to be what you meant. We have players and "staff" there to help anyone who stops by and asks, but you do have to be a member to post (it's free).
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com (see "Becoming a Member")
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

And here is an illustrated step by step guide on how to set up your Framework to accept package based files, if you need that. Mods are always in this format, as is a very large amount of available custom content (CC) from many places.
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

But before we go down that road completely, the issue may be simpler than that. Do you have Enable Object Hiding switched on in the built-in Game Options?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!