Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: A "Faithful" Trait or as basegame behavior

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Based/inspired from my topic in general discussion about how EASY it easy for married sims to be seduced/cheat called "Married Sims too easy to woohoo aka Bella Goth sure gets around /w pics!"

Currently relationships don't really seem to mean much for Sims (besides heartbreak) and the issue/problem is its ALL too easy to seduce a significant other. While true there is consequences for cheaters, there's nothing preventing them from doing so (it should take more then just clicking comedy, comedy, flirt, ect)

So I would LOVE to see a faithful trait or faithful behavior as base code for happily married sims, that not only makes seduction of partnered sims much harder to do (maybe requires the sim to be in a negative/bad relationship status to be open to romance interactions from others) but also give BUFFS when a partner witnesses their spouse/gf, ect REBUFF another sims advances - which is something this trait increases (rejection) based on the fact their in a relationship.

Otherwise honestly relationships don't seem to mean more to sims then status updates on their relationship panel, that may or may not result in jealousy (with or without that trait). I feel a faithful trait would do a lot to improve on this.
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I would love to have a faithful trait. The jealous trait just doesn't quite strong enough for me.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awesome idea. I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Lets put it to the test with Bella. If it doesn't work, it works. If it works, it doesn't work.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i doubt it will happen the only way you would get that is by requesting this as custom content and its not a trait i would use anyway
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2016
    I wouldn't want to waste a trait slot on it, however...

They should make it so that any sim in a formal relationship (bf/gf, promised, engaged, married - perhaps even recent widows still mourning) is faithful and always declines advances outside of that relationship unless any of the following conditions are met:
    1. The committed sim inititates the romantic action, or has initiated romantic actions with that sim since they became committed elsewhere (so they won't just jump back in bed with exes unless they approached them again after they met their current partner).
    2. The committed sim has the Player trait (and is therefore known for their affairs)
    3. The committed sim has a better relationship (friendly AND romantic) with the initiator than with their partner.
    Sims in casual relationships or no relationship wouldn't be affected and any sims in bad relationships have a way out if approached by someone else they could love instead.

I think that covers most sims, unless I missed anything?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I agree with EmmaVane in the fact that I wouldn't want to waste a trait slot on this either. Especially not at the expense of a more useful trait. But there's another problem to this that's currently in the game in form of a trait. And that trait called the Loner trait which if I'm not mistaken makes it hard for a sim with it to get into, and stay in a committed relationship with another sim. The Loner trait could possibly prevent a sim from getting the faithful trait. And if a loner sim should end with a faithful interaction, and could possibly cause the game to freeze. Because we are talking about opposites here. I say this because if I'm not mistaken here, a sim with the Loner trait has commitment issues. And a sim with a Faithful trait if they should ever get one does not have a commitment issues. So that's basically opposites right there. So if there should ever be a faithful trait added to Sims 4 in the game. Then they need to add it to the traits list, and that would most certainly prevent the issue that I had mentioned in this comment.
    If they do decide to release a faithful trait for the game. I know the perfect Pack to release that in. And that's the love themed pack that was brought up on here about a week or so ago.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    @EmmaVane Too hard and expensive :tongue:

I do really like your ideas, and that should be the way relationships work.

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think that also the relationship system could be a little bit improved
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Part of the reason I suggested this as a trait is because I feel it would be easier for Maxis to do, while I agree it would waste a trait slot I also expect Maxis would be more willing to make a trait out of it then recode the entire relationship system (which they really need to do) to incorporate more 'faithful' sims automatically.

This however would NOT be an easy mod to make, because unlike other traits it needs to re-program sims in a much more complicated way that honestly makes more sense for basecode "behavior" then a trait (I agree)

So would I PREFER that its base game behavior? ABSOLUTELY! Do I think Maxis is willing to spend the time and resources to reprogram it as such? Possibly...

Either way I'd like to see it improved and I've updated my topic post to reflect that.
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    For me my sims have actually been pretty committed. In order to get Don Lothario to have an affair after he married Cassandra Goth, I had to make him initiate it, because he would almost always reject a woman's advances. Likewise, when Cassandra was depressed for two days because of her divorce, I could not manage to get her and Malcolm Landgraab to successfully flirt, even with a very high friendship. As soon as her depression was over I could easily bring them together.

Maybe it's a bug within your games? Either that, or I've been super lucky.
  • Options
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    For me my sims have actually been pretty committed. In order to get Don Lothario to have an affair after he married Cassandra Goth, I had to make him initiate it, because he would almost always reject a woman's advances. Likewise, when Cassandra was depressed for two days because of her divorce, I could not manage to get her and Malcolm Landgraab to successfully flirt, even with a very high friendship. As soon as her depression was over I could easily bring them together.

Maybe it's a bug within your games? Either that, or I've been super lucky.

Well I do find overall its basically impossible to do anything with sims who are angry or sad overall though and I don't really want to keep my sims mad/sad all the time just to keep them faithful lol.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The closest mod I came across to being faithful is this one called Celibate. I actually enjoy using it quite a bit. http://drewshivers.tumblr.com/post/125893652726/custom-sims-4-trait-celibate-there-may-be-a-soul
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to waste a trait slot on it, however...

They should make it so that any sim in a formal relationship (bf/gf, promised, engaged, married - perhaps even recent widows still mourning) is faithful and always declines advances outside of that relationship unless any of the following conditions are met:
    1. The committed sim inititates the romantic action, or has initiated romantic actions with that sim since they became committed elsewhere (so they won't just jump back in bed with exes unless they approached them again after they met their current partner).
    2. The committed sim has the Player trait (and is therefore known for their affairs)
    3. The committed sim has a better relationship (friendly AND romantic) with the initiator than with their partner.

^^^ I want this! Exactly like this!

I don't want to have to waste a trait slot on faithfulness though. It should be coded into the relationship system.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    My experience is... if you jack up your flirty mood (and/or the mood of the other sim) and, especially, if you have high charisma, you can seduce pretty much any sim in a matter of minutes. And by seduce, I mean be woohooing with them and (if they're married) convincing them to get a divorce in a matter of minutes.

I've yet to meet a sim who I can't seduce easily. It gets really easy once you get a sense of what combinations to do. Flirt is the baseline, then you can mix it with a friendly interaction (as in, Flirt/Friendly, Flirt/Friendly) until you're high enough for First Kiss. The mixing is so that neither sim gets the Bored moodlet due to repetition. You can also mix in a Compliment Appearance or two if your sim has a lot going for them (high flirty, high charisma, etc.). You can have a sim rejecting you one moment and have them eating out of the palm of your hand the next.

I think the best way to program a Faithful trait would be something like this: Sim Joe has the Faithful trait and is in a relationship with Sim Jane. Under the interaction bar, Jane is the only sim that Joe can do romantic interactions with, attempted or otherwise. Any sims that socialize with Joe, unless that sim is Jane, simply won't have the romance bar available (in much the same way that it works for age differences).

This way it's guaranteed, as opposed to something cheap and silly like a higher chance of rejection (I think from what I've said above, it should be obvious why percentage changes wouldn't even slow down a determined player). Keep in mind, in this hypothetical, Sim Jane would still be able to cheat as long as she doesn't have the trait herself. It's just Sim Joe wouldn't be able to.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes please Maxis.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't want to waste slot on it either. Honestly, I just want to be able to buy it out of the aspiration reward store for cheap like 200 points. Some Sims may be committed but I would like to see if they get into any trouble on their own. Other Sims I want to be completely faithful no matter what.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You know, if they just turned off the instant friend / instant dislike / instant sweetheart thing applying to Sims marked played, this would be pretty much a non-issue. Let all relationships develop only at normal game pace for played Sims, instead of jumping from zero to 50%.

explanation of what's happening in the background is here: http://down-in-simsland.tumblr.com/post/137175553410/you-cant-hurry-love-no-more-random-friendships
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I find it ironic that my sim who has "fear of commitment" trait (J. Hunnington 3rd) is the most faithful sim in my game. Considering that's one of their premade sims, I think it shows that these traits don't mean anything.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I think that's because the 'fear of commitment' trait makes that sim less likely to flirt as an interaction in general. Rather than making the sims a 'lothario' it actually has the opposite effect... which is kinda handy actually.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think that's because the 'fear of commitment' trait makes that sim less likely to flirt as an interaction in general. Rather than making the sims a 'lothario' it actually has the opposite effect... which is kinda handy actually.

OMG (as the kids used to say), I think you are right!! Don doesn't flirt with Sims unless they are super flirty. He likes Bella, and the Calliente women, but not my other Sims. This makes so much sense. So, if I don't want my sims flirting, I should just have them use the "fear of commitment" trait.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Based/inspired from my topic in general discussion about how EASY it easy for married sims to be seduced/cheat called "Married Sims too easy to woohoo aka Bella Goth sure gets around /w pics!"

Currently relationships don't really seem to mean much for Sims (besides heartbreak) and the issue/problem is its ALL too easy to seduce a significant other. While true there is consequences for cheaters, there's nothing preventing them from doing so (it should take more then just clicking comedy, comedy, flirt, ect)

So I would LOVE to see a faithful trait or faithful behavior as base code for happily married sims, that not only makes seduction of partnered sims much harder to do (maybe requires the sim to be in a negative/bad relationship status to be open to romance interactions from others) but also give BUFFS when a partner witnesses their spouse/gf, ect REBUFF another sims advances - which is something this trait increases (rejection) based on the fact their in a relationship.

Otherwise honestly relationships don't seem to mean more to sims then status updates on their relationship panel, that may or may not result in jealousy (with or without that trait). I feel a faithful trait would do a lot to improve on this.

But it has always been this way since 2001. You could make any Sim eventually have a relationship with any Sim. So, this outrage about Sims having liked someone else while they were off playing other Sims is sort of confusing to me. It's been that way for Fifteen years. I don't recall much outrage about in TS1, TS2 or TS3. But only one post request over at TS3 to request a faithful trait. In TSM it's a chivalrous trait but they can still get involved if forced but feel guilty with a bad debuff/moodlet.

ETA: No outrage in TS2 when you would rotate back to the household and find out someone felt guilty (memory) they had an affair because they flirted. No one made posts after posts demanding the Sims stop doing that while they were gone. I think this time it is directly related to the romance bar and not the actual fact Sims have been doing this for fifteen years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No outrage in TS2 when you would rotate back to the household and find out someone felt guilty (memory) they had an affair because they flirted. No one made posts after posts demanding the Sims stop doing that while they were gone. I think this time it is directly related to the romance bar and not the actual fact Sims have been doing this for fifteen years.

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. The difference between the two games is that TS2 sims often developed a fear of being caught - and their children feared divorce. The player decided whether or not to realize those fears. There are no consequences in Sims 4.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No outrage in TS2 when you would rotate back to the household and find out someone felt guilty (memory) they had an affair because they flirted. No one made posts after posts demanding the Sims stop doing that while they were gone. I think this time it is directly related to the romance bar and not the actual fact Sims have been doing this for fifteen years.

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. The difference between the two games is that TS2 sims often developed a fear of being caught - and their children feared divorce. The player decided whether or not to realize those fears. There are no consequences in Sims 4.

But these relationships in TS4 aren't real. I have literally had to introduce the Sim who had a pink bar with another Sim. It's just a false/positive thing. And I think if we didn't have the romance bar we wouldn't even notice they were involved with someone else or whatever. I think it's an emotional reaction to a bar saying they are interested in someone else rather than truth they are. Because in TS2 you would see them out actually flirting and or singing or whatever to another Sim. That hasn't been my experience in TS4 if they had a somewhat of a pink bar. It's was simply information and sometimes they hadn't even met that Sim, yet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Agreed - the assigned lovebirds bug has bothered me since launch. Now that our sims are limited in the number of relationships they can have, it's even more aggravating. Add to lovebirds the "dislikes" and mysterious friendships that show up - all of which need introductions - and my play style has disappeared as an option. I despise that the game is telling me who my sims should love or hate. A game should not require modding in order to make it playable. I haven't played for two months.
  • Options
    Agreed - the assigned lovebirds bug has bothered me since launch.

Whats the love birds bug?