Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AthenaCapulet's Creations Thread

Hello, hi and welcome!

After years of playing all the installments in the Sims series, and months of stalking this forum, I thought it was about time for me to post my own creations. I've mostly built suburban houses and Mediterranean ones, but as of late I've tackled the theme that is modern. I hope you like what you see.

My origin name is the same as my name here :smile:

Comments

• Options
    athenacapuletathenacapulet Posts: 74 Member
    Silver Escape (click to come to the Gallery)

Modern villa with lots of windows and light. And I actually did the interior on this house, something I usually don't do!
    Two bedrooms and two baths. Small kitchen with everything you need. Table for three in the compact dining area. Bathtub in the bathroom upstairs. Gender neutral kids room with turquoise as accent color.

Please tell me what you think!

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o7_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o5_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o0sogdEXQU1r5xhy1o6_r1_1280.png

• Options
    Cotton Falls (Click to come to the Gallery)

I've never made modern houses before and now I've made three over 24h. I think I need to get out more. Aaaanyways. Let me present my latest house, Cotton Falls. Only did the exterior this time cause I'm inpatient and want to make another house eheheheeh. Two more modern ones to go and I've filled one of the neighborhoods with just modern houses. I love when the houses look good together.

tumblr_o0sy8xwHLY1r5xhy1o2_1280.png
    tumblr_o0sy8xwHLY1r5xhy1o1_1280.png

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Your modern homes look lovely @athenacapulet :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds! :)
    Silver Escape is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The windows look very nice in the build. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst indoors. Very nice front steps entrance to the home! The lavender looks pretty there. The outdoors living and dining patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating the food at the dining table in the outdoors air. The plants are nice touches of nature on the dining table. Very nice sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy chatting in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan living and dining room areas looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase with sunshine coming in onto them. The plants are a nice touch on the dining table. The computer study nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer and the blossom picture is a nice touch on the desk for them to see. The files and files cabinet look great there ! Very nice kids bedroom! The animal wall pictures, the heart teddy and the giraffe look very cute in the room! Nice windiws study desk area for the kids to enjoy using the computer whilst looking out at the outdoors views. The books are a nice touch on the table.
    The exterior design of Cotton Falls looks very nice! :) Very nice wraparound upper and ground level porches! The plants either sides of the front door are nice for sims to see when entering the home.
    They are very nice homes :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @pronterus ! I really enjoy your builds :smiley:

You are as always ever so kind with your words @rosemow! Thank you for your beautiful words on my houses. You have a great way with words :blush:
  • Options
    Cider Drive (Click to come to the Gallery)

One bedroom, one bath modern house. First modern house I built. Fully decorated. Spa on the lowest level, with sauna and place for yoga. Meditation spot in the garden. Suitable for couples, could be made into a house for friends too. I need a break from the modern houses now.

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o7_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o5_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o4_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o3_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o2_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o1_540.png

tumblr_o0uiu4VuPe1r5xhy1o6_540.png

• Options
    Apple Brook Cove (Click to come to the Gallery)

I really wish I had the energy to fix the interior of this house. If someone would be interested in a collab with this house, please hit me up! :smiley:

tumblr_o0uk5lVKfx1r5xhy1o1_540.png

tumblr_o0uk5lVKfx1r5xhy1o2_540.png

tumblr_o0uk5lVKfx1r5xhy1o4_540.png

tumblr_o0uk5lVKfx1r5xhy1o3_540.png
  • Options
    Cider Drive is a very nice home! :) Very nice design of the exterior and layout of the home! The front steps entrance to the home looks nice! The lavender flowers around the edges of the home look very pretty! The outdoors water fountain and meditation area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting restful on the stools meditating. Very nice upper balcony for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there looking out at the outdoors views. They will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening planters there. The roofing is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed around the windows. Very nice dining area. The birds pictures look nice how they are placed on the wall, and the plants/rocks are nice touches of nature on the table. The bamboo looks calming. Very nice master bedroom! The brown colour scheme of the room is nice. The plants on the bedside tables and on the table at the foot of the bed are nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed. Very nice massage table nook for sims to enjoy having a relaxing massage.
    The exterior design of Apple Brook Cove is very nice as well! :) The columns look nice how they are used in the build. The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. The wall lights look nice how they are placed on the exterior walls, giving a nice look to the home. The gazebos are very nice! Very nice curved back patio! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the dining table in the sunshine. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the patio.
    The homes are very nice! :)
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Hi @athenacapulet, would you mind if I did a collab on the interior for your apple brook cove house? I tend to love traditional houses so that one looks fun to me.
  • Options
    @rosemow you are too kind! Thank you once more for your words. You always encourage us builders to continue our work <3
    @LionessInMN Absolutely! I would love love love to see what you come up with! (and how you decide to place the stairs IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME). Please share your work here once you are done! :smiley:
  • Options
    Alright, I am a bit slow when I do interiors, but I will download it today and let you know when I have finished.
  • Options
    No problem @LionessInMN , you cannot rush inspiration and greatness! :wink:
  • Options
    I will look forward to seeing your furnishing of the interior of Apple Brook Cove! @LionessInMN :) I hope that you enjoy furnishing the very nice home!
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know I finished the interiors. I also added perfect plants to the garden planters. Here is the lot link:

https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/23D4D0BEBA2111E58705CFF3D7923E14

I will come back and add some photos later. My lunch break is nearly finished now :(
  • Options
    @LionessInMN from what I can see it loOOKS BEAUTIFUL!! I'm on my phone now so sadly I can't download and check the interior yet but please post photos!! It looks so great you did a wonderful job!
  • Options
    Well, I adore traditional houses, and this exterior was fantastic! So, I was inspired to do the interior :) Here are some photos for you of what I did on the inside:

1.%20Kitchen.png
    2.%20Family%20Room.png
    [4.%20Master%20bed.png
    5.%20Master%20fireplace.png
    7.%20Pink%20bedroom%20bed.png
    10.%20Blue%20bedroom%20bed.png

Full interior slideshow (12 pictures): Slideshow here
  • Options
    The furnishing of the interior of Apple Brook Cove home looks so very nice @LionessInMN :) Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall paneling looks nice, and the placement of the cabinets around the windows gives a nice look. The island bar stool counter looks great! The type of stools used is nice. Nice window dining area for sims to enjoy eating meals there with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the living room, for sims to rest there and chat. The green, brown and yellow colour scheme of the area looks nice. The brown patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the room. The type of curtains look very nice there.The sunflowers look sunny on the coffee table. Sims will have fun playing chess on the chess table. Very nice bedrooms! The blue and pink colour scheme of the bedrooms looks very calming and pretty! The pictures look nice on the bedhead walls. The tissues and flowers are nice touches on the bedside tables. The cherry blossom plant is pretty for sims to see in the pink bedroom. Very nice fireplace sitting area in the family room. Sims will enjoy resting in the armchairs in front of the fire, enjoying sunlight coming in through the curtained windows.
    The furnishing of the home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow. I hope @athenacapulet feels like the interiors give it the same grace and beauty as her stunning exteriors.
  • Options
    It's absolutely stunning @LionessInMN !!! I've been at the ER for two days hence my absence from this thread. I just got home (2am) and I'm exhausted but tomorrow I'll download the lot and check it out, so I can give proper compliments and thanks <3
  • Options
    It's absolutely stunning @LionessInMN !!! I've been at the ER for two days hence my absence from this thread. I just got home (2am) and I'm exhausted but tomorrow I'll download the lot and check it out, so I can give proper compliments and thanks <3

Hello @athenacapulet . I send big hugs to you <3 I am sorry to hear that you or your family are unwell. I send special thoughts to you and hope you or they feel a bit better as each day goes along. I hope that you can get some restful sleep now.
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Just dropped by to take a look. @athenacapulet , your modern builds are stunning. And the collaboration you did with @LionessInMN shows what great design talent you have in a wide range of styles. Thank you for sharing your creations with the community, and I'm sorry to hear that a trip to the ER was necessary. I hope things are better now.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow and @StSciurus for your kind thoughts!

I am finally home from the hospital, sadly I had to be admitted and sadly my state isn't any better. But now I can play sims at least!

The interior is absolutely beautiful @LionessInMN . The whole decoration has a red thread through out, which I love. The kitchen is beautiful with the brown and green. I love how you managed to fit so much into it. The blueprint is brilliant, looks much like a real maxis build that you could find in TS2 (my favorite game maxis house wise). I would love to do another collab with you another time, I have a lot of houses in need of interior ahaha. Actually do you think you could just help me with the blueprints of a house of mine? I'd love to decorate it myself but I have no idea where to place the walls...
  • Options
    Sorry about the hospital @athenacapulet. I definitely hope you are feeling better soon.

I think one time I figured out that one square is roughly 3 ft by 3 ft (or 9 square feet) in real life, so if you are sizing a blueprint down to sim size you can use that as a rule of thumb. But yes, I would help if I can. If you want to do another collab, I would be happy to on a traditional type house. Modern houses sort of still blow my mind. Those are hard for me.
  • Options
    I send hugs to you <3 It is not nice that your health isn't too good. I hope that Simming can help and bring enjoyment to you as endure through your health issues.
  • Options
    Finally back on track and ready to go back to updating this thread again! I couldn't be more excited about it :smiley:

Thank you all for your lovely wishes about my health, it means a lot <3