Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***AmyCarolyn's Showcase***

AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
So I enjoy building and have built quite a bit of lots. I haven't been very active in the forums about my builds but one of my New Years Resolutions is to step it up on here so I thought that I would start a showcase. I will eventually jazz this page up with a banner and such as soon as I have time to create one.
Name on the gallery: Amyckidwell

What you can look forward to:
I enjoy building houses mostly. I am not so great at public lots.
I enjoy making suburban looking homes and have recently been pushing to make more modern builds as well.
I build to accommodate families usually, but have tried to get out of that habit.

I am always open to constructive criticism as well. If you notice anything that I could improve upon or any ideas for builds, let me know. :)
Also, if you like my builds and would like for me to build something for you, I would be more than happy to, so post a request!

Thanks for checking out my builds! I hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    athenacapuletathenacapulet Posts: 74 Member
    Congratulations on making the first step! I will enjoy looking at all your builds! I've also made it my new years resolution to start posting my houses. Can't wait to see what you've been building! :)
  • Options
    Gallery Name: Modern Stone Fortress
    2 Bedroom, 1 1/2 Bathroom
    3 Stories
    Pool. Large Porch, Lush Foliage, Open Floor Plan, Modern Fireplace, Large Windows, Third Story Loft Bedroom

bmUX5ea.png
    dFsYyha.png
    IeMefI1.png
    YEB8JOO.png
    pUwSZBq.png
    NERP6v3.png
    6mTeSZ1.png
    M4KBArF.png
    ytAZu37.png
    tny4ZgZ.png
    fZF3ShK.png
    IwcDmGl.png
  • Options
    Gallery Name: Elegant Spanish Estate
    2 bedroom, 2 bathroom
    2 stories and basement
    Spanish style, Fountain, Lush Foliage, Pond, Club in Basement, Study, Modern Fireplace, Balcony, Large Windows, Bar in Kitchen, Extra Blank Room

ZLqRoOW.png
    oG2vmrt.png
    3wdxf9w.png
    AsuDdfB.png
    Rc6ujmb.png
    oI3Rq1t.png
    h3JCIYo.png
    Fb1NXzD.png
    sLFpdR0.png
    kxhzVry.png
    QNyOzKh.png
    ZQ8DupL.png
    xYgucpw.png
    GwDimSb.png
    S4YgKoU.png
    n8a2tqg.png
    OeLcyfq.png
    8YpTRJF.png
    gZ4Xvvc.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Modern Stone Fortress is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The slanted roofing and the textures of the exterior look very nice. The water fountain features in the front of the home looks nice and the flowers look very pretty lining the edges of the front footpath! Very nice sunken pool! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or resting on the sofa on the back porch. The water feature windows look nice there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home ! The living room arnchairs and sofa sitting area is very nice. Sims will enjoy resting there on the seats watching tv and listening to the musical instruments being played. The kitchen area is nice. The stone texture of the walls gives a nice look to the area and the floor rug is a nice touch under the dining table. Very nice yoga area on the upper landing for sims to enjoy doing yoga on the mat wuth sunshine coming in through the windows. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the upper landing art area, or enjoy resting in the armchairs reading a book from the bookcases,. The pink and the blue colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice. The clothes shelf is a nice touch in the master bedroom, and the flowers on the table in the pink bedroom are pretty for sims to see when laying in bed,
    The exterior design and layout of Elegant Spanish Estate looks so very nice! :) The flowers on the edges of the home and around the base of the trees looks so very nice! The water fountain looks very nice in the courtyard area of the build. The dome type windows look very nice in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The basement dance floor area is great! Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the DJ booth. Very nice bedrooms. Nice armchairs windows sitting area in one of them for sims to enjoy chatting there whilst looking out through the windows at the views. The sofa seat sitting area in the other bedroom is nice for sims to rest and watch tv. Very nice outdoors art nook balcony for sims to enjoy painting in the outdoors air. The natural pool patio area is very nice!
    The homes are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Gallery Name: Grand Rustic Tudor
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/29C75353B83111E58461CFF3D7923E14?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=amyckidwell&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    3 bedroom, 2 bathroom
    2 stories and basement
    Tudor Style home with a pond, lush foliage, and rustic interior. Perfect for a family.

fCtXxup.png
    9exoY4E.png
    YW3wD3M.png
    mknbUW7.png
    eP70wBP.png
    Y6kfiaH.png
  • Options
    Grand Rustic Tudor is a very nice home! :) The exterior design and layout of the home is so very nice! The brick texture of the exterior looks nice, and very nice roofing! The flowers and plants look very pretty along the edges of the home and in the front garden nook! Very nice backyard gardening and flowers area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters there, and seeing the pretty flowers there whilst gardening. The birdbath is a nice touch amidst the flowers. Sims will enjoy cooking meals outdoors in the air on the BBQ. Nice upper balcony art area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out at the views. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! It looks great how the half walls and columns separate off the kitchen area. Sims will enjoy looking at through the kitchen windows whist cooking meals. The living room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa or arnchair watching tv, and the fireplace will keep the sims warm. The candlelights give a nice look to the room area. The plants and flowers on the fireplace ledge and on the table behind the sofa are nice touches of nature, and the family photos on the wall look homely. Very nice dining room! The floral wall picture is nice for sims to see whikdt enjoying eating a meal there. The type of windows used looks nice. The red wall panelling gives a nice look to the room. Very nice blue colour scheme of the master bedroom. The sunflowers wall picture is sunny for sims to see when laying in bed. Nice armchairs sitting area in the room. Sims will enjoy sunlight coming in through the bedroom windows when waking in the mornings.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Hey guys! I am just about to post a few building that I did for some challenges on the forums. I didn't win any of them but am still super proud of them and want to show everyone! :] Enjoy!
  • Options
    Breezy Bungalow (created for Under Renovation Challenge 25)
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B16C268B31611E58431F961C4F63D79?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=amyckidwell&max=50&maxis=false
    2 Bedroom
    1 Bathroom
    A small build perfect for a small family! It has a great front porch with beautiful views if placed on Md-Nowhere lot, and has a side garden for gardening savvy sims!

I0AtgiC.png
    EEogGs6.png
    GupgBmH.png
    oD0ud2q.png
    OwyI5kH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Pebblycat's Pebble Abode (Created for Quality Control Challenge 14)
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4B5CD6E6B37211E5897F95621DDA1796?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=amyckidwell&max=50&maxis=false
    2 bedrooms
    3 bathrooms
    This house was built to be great for a party! This is why it has a great outdoor are with a bar, pool, and hot tub. It is also great for an artist. It includes a separate art studio in the backyard.

DF2szq5.png
    f85l4Kd.png
    6ihGiGx.png
    ESNaqyS.png
  • Options
    The Itsy Bitsy Victorian (created for the Under Renovation Challenge 26)
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/871AFFC1B4EE11E58C18AB7062346E37?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=amyckidwell&max=50&maxis=false
    2 Bedroom
    1.5 Bathrooms
    This house was a part of a tiny building challenge. It consists of 119 squares only (maybe 120 lol). It was a challenge but I made the space work. A small family can live comfortably in this Victorian.

WQrL6ey.png
    1qJ4wi9.png
    Gi08gbg.png
    nKJii2Y.png
    yuufghK.png
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Great to see your showcase thread :). I think your under renovation builds and pebbles build were really adorable! But I have to say I am absolutely in awe of your elegant Spanish estate. How you mixed the colors and textures in the exterior was really fabulous!
  • Options
    Thanks so much @LionessInMN !!! You are so kind!!! I really appreciate it!!!
  • Options
    I will repost here what I wrote on the challenge threads.
    Breezy Bungalow is a very nice home! :) The roofing on the home is very nice! The exterior design of the home os very nice. Very nice front porch. The flowers look pretty along the edges of the porch and the birdbath is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting on seat bench watching other sims pass by their home. The flower box windows look pretty in the home. Very nice side patio garden area! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the planters there. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue colour of the walls looks calming. Nice dining area alcove for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the nearby windows whilst eating their meals. The cutlery are a nice touch on the wall. The armchairs look nice placed either sides of the sofa in the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching tv and reading a book from the bookshelf. Very nice kids bedroom! The red dragon looks cute in the room! Nice corner study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table doing homework and looking out through the side window. They will have fun playing with the toys in the toy box. The butterflies wall pattern looks nice.
    The exterior design of Itsy bitsy Victorian is very pretty! :) The roofing is very nice! The pink colour of the open shutter windows look nice and complement well with the white colour of the exterior. The flower box windows look pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen is very nice. It looks nice how the cabinets are placed to create the stove nook. Very nice windows dining area for sims to enjoy eating a meal at the pink round table whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The living room is very nice! The armchairs look nice angled either sides of the tv. Sims will enjoy sitting on the chairs or sofa, watching tv or reading books from the bookshelf. The pink floor rug adds a nice look in the room. The scenic picture on the bedhead wall in the master bedroom is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The full length mirror corner nook is great! The nursery is very nice! The heart teddy, the giraffe and penguin wall patter look cute! Little children will enjoy looking up and seeing the hanging mobile over the bassinet.
    Pebblycat's pebble abode is a very nice home! :) The design of the exterior looks very nice! Very nice roof covered front porch! The greenery looks very nice on the exterior walls. The large windows in the build are nice for sims to enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst inside the home. The flowers look very pretty along the front edges of the home! The wishing well is a nice touch in the build. The upper balcony window is a nice touch in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The living room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there reading a book from the bookcase with sunlight coming in through the windows. The study desk nook area is nice for sims to sit there and use the computer. The portrait is a nice touch on the wall. Very nice art room! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors. The art decor looks great in the room. Very nice sunken outdoors pool and hot tub patio! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub or have fun swimming in the pool. Nice bar counter area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air.
    The homes are very nice :)
  • Options
    I love your comments @rosemow ! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Just a quick build that I worked on today! I felt like doing a spacious yet fairly modest family home perfect for a family of Sims who have been working their way up the ranks in life but aren't quite wealthy yet.. This is called Woodstone Ridge! Enjoy!

Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8387814CBE6911E58E2BB9BC290E546C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=amyckidwell&max=50&maxis=false
    3 bedrooms
    2 bathrooms

TxW3tzu.png

ka33I6y.png
    oSwdnnz.png
    oYNl4z8.png
    ou3GpNx.png
    vbYJGoG.png
    RDSLfh0.png
    GpXVtuI.png
  • Options
    Woodstone Ridge is a very nice home! :) Very nice design of the home! The flowers and plants in the front area of the home look so very pretty! The three tall trees look very stately! Very nice roof covered front entrance area. The open shutter windows look nice in the build. Very nice backyard outdoors dining and pool patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy eating meals outdoors at the umbrella covered table, that they have cooked on the BBQ. The fenced harvestable gardening alcove is great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red, black and white colour scheme of the living room gives such a nice look to the room! The red curtains look nice on the windows. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchair watching tv and reading books from the bookcase. The white ceiling lights look very nice. Vdry nice design of the kitchen and dining room. The cabinets look nice placed around the stove nook. The sun is a nice touch on the stove wall. The red flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see whilst enjoying eating a meal. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The floral wall pattern in the girls bedroom looks pretty, and the tapestry is a nice touch on the wall. Nice study desk area in the room for sims to do their homework there. The unicorn and heart teddy looks cute! The lantern ceiling light looks pretty. The family photos on the side wall in the first bedroom looks homely. The sunflowers in the other bedroom are sunny for sims to see when waking in the mornings. The curtains look very nice how they are placed on the windows either sides of the bedhead area.
  • Options
    Crimson Lane
    Link:
    4 bedrooms
    3 bathrooms
    A family home with a greenhouse and a pool :]

9dUbmhN.png
    33i9C9x.png
    Vfd0P9E.png
    Is9atVW.png
    aRNJCZJ.png
    u1yjNxI.png
    SaTeJ7z.png
    I1OCnc5.png
  • Options
    The exterior design of Crimson Lane is so very nice! :) The red colour and grey brick texture of the exterior walls looks nice. Very nice upper front and back balconies! The greenery covered trellis over the top of one of them looks nice. Nice armchairs sitting area on the balcony for sims to enjoy looking out at the views. The flower box windows, the greenery on the wall, and the flowers on the edges of the front porch look very pretty! Very nice pool and outdoors dining back patio! The glass roofing green house is very nice! Sims will enjoy gardeming in the planters or looking at the flowers and plants in the greenhouse. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Nice art nook area on the back balcony for sims to enjoy painting on the easel in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice armchair and sofas seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy watching tv in front of the fire. The placement of the seating looks very nice! Sims will enjoy chatting there. The flowers look pretty on the coffee table, and the books and candles are nice home touches on the table behind the sofa. They will enjoy playing chess on the chess table. Very nice light filled dining room! Sims will enjoy eating their meals there whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The sunflowers look very sunny on the dining table. The design of the kitchen is very nice! The red and brown colour schrme of the room looks nice. The cabinets look nice placed around the edges of the window and stove hood. The island sink and bar stool counter is great! The white ceiling lights look pretty! Very nice furnishing of the nursery and bedrooms! The curtains look very nice in the bedrooms. The patterned floor rugs are very nice touches in the room. The blue and purple colour scheme of the kids room is very nice. The pink ceiling lights look nice in the room.
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Your homes are great! I love Crimson Lane, it's just beautiful! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice builds. I especially like the victorian house and the woodstone ridge. Good job! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @yanti68 and @vethesims for your kind comments! I really appreciate it!

I havent posted in a while as I have been caught up in The Sims 2. But today I worked hard to create an awesome new build that I really enjoy.
    I was inspired by homes with a second story that overlooks most of this first story. That was my main goal with creating this house that has 2 stair wells that both lead to an upstairs hallway which overlooks the living and dining room. This house has a lot of space for a big family. Please enjoy!

Stoney Haven
    3 bathroom 5 bedroom ( 1bedroom decorated as a gym)

0RZ2VYo.png
    D1QE86W.png
    mF1mMIl.png
    ozzPSIo.png
    SJ9YMeY.png
    xg0zz7i.png
    8KkHTM3.png
    LijMPiy.png
    90AFZkQ.png
    ExaktHD.png
    DnjiR7H.png
  • Options
    Stoney Haven is a very nice home! :) The layout of the build and design of the exterior looks so very nice! Very nice roof covered upper patio balcony! Sins will enjoy painting on the easel or playing chess at the table, enjoying looking out at the views. The stone texture of the exterior looks nice. The flowers look very pretty along the edge of the front of the home! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the dining and living room looks nice. The flooring looks nice. Very nice design of the kitchen. Sims will enjoy looking out at the outdoors views through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The red flowers are pretty in the corner nook and the wall knives and cakes display item are great kitchen touches there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The patterns and colours of the bedroom walls looks nice. The pictures on the bedhead walls add nice looks to the rooms. The teddy looks cute in the kids bedroom! The floral wall picture is pretty in the master bedroom. The sofas look nice placed at the foot of the beds, Very nice bathtub nook in the second bathroom. The sunflowers picture is very nice for sims to see when bathing there. Very nice reading nook beside the staircase. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there reading a book from the bookcase.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice build! I like the architecture and the outside pool area. :)
  • Options
    A new build completed today! I wanted to use some of the romantic garden stuff. I didn't use too much of it as this is a small house that didnt call for too much but I really enjoyed the pieces that I did use.

Spanish Romance
    This home's most unique feature is a open sun room that is two stories tall. Sims can walk into the sun room from downstairs, or look into it through the upstairs windows.
    2 br, 1 ba

mh14HHg.png
    ADG7BBm.png
    JMWTRGJ.png
    hb0baze.png
    hb0baze.png
    tBDBrlu.png
    i86J9Q9.png
    Lt68Vwz.png
    aDWRv8i.png
    Sv3gfuN.png
    EUwNFzj.png
    UopKJiK.png
    8EQ5xRW.png
    nrxWvt9.png
  • Options
    Spanish Romance is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and the roofing is very nice! Very nice front entrance area! The flower boxes and greenery on the walls either sides of the front door looks very nice! Nice flower lattice windows in the build. Very nice outdoors areas! The new water fountain and curved shelter looks nice in the build. Very nice art and craft nook area for sims to enjoy doing painting on the easel or crafting on the woodwork table. The flower cart is pretty in the build.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the living and dining room areas looks very nice. The coat shelf, books and plants on the coffee table and pictures on the walls are nice home touches in the room. The sunflowers are sunny for sims to enjoy seeing when dining at the table or enjoying resting on the sofa watching tv. Very nice design of the kitchen. The texture and colour of the cabinets and counters look nice with the brick texture of the kitchen walls. The cake display and bottles are nice kitchen touches on the counters. It is nice that there is a eat in dining corner nook in the kitchen. The scenic picture is nice for sims to look at whilst cooking and dining. It looks very nice how the arches are used through the build . The study desk nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer and the flowers look pretty on the desk table for them to see.
    Very nice bedrooms! The pictures on the bedroom walls add nice looks to the rooms. The wall patterns look nice, and the bedside lamps are pretty.
    It is a very nice home! :)