Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Lover WitcHazard: I want him! I want him! I want him! I need me a Graham! I must add him to my collection!

Dark WitcHazard: Go ahead I got my eyes on Marion! If looks could kill Graham would be six feet under! Charlotte ruined it before it got good, but I'm sure they'll be more shenanigans ahead for my entertainment hehe >:)

Shipper WitcHazard: I wonder how many ships there will be?

Anti Shipper WitcHazard: Or sunken ships! Looks like someone's on the rocks already!

Mama WitcHazard: Highschool! Let the drama begin!

Emotional WitcHazard: This is going to be so exciting I can't wait to start highschool!

Lady WitcHazard: The court of WitcHazards would like to occasionally comment from time to time on this thread. We can be a handful and say pretty hurtful or vulgar things but we're all friends here so I hope we get along well in the future!

@WitcHazard I would be very flattered if the court of WitchHazard's took the effort to comment on this thread some times. I promise: ships, broken ships, handsome faces, shenanigans and a lot of drama. A little bit for every WitchHazard.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    New characters introduced, loved it! The part with hands was my favourite. It's going to be interesting to watch Graham deal with his inner dilemma - stick with the popular bunch for the prestige or keep looking for the missing piece of himself even among the less popular kids? How exciting!

@Maladi777 Thank you so much! Graham will have rough highschool time if we believe Marion on the system!
    A lot more of him soon enough ;)
    Thanks for reading and commenting!
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Graham turned out so handsome :) And his girlfriend is a stunner. I can't wait to hear more of them. It looks like a promising generation ;)
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Graham turned out so handsome :) And his girlfriend is a stunner. I can't wait to hear more of them. It looks like a promising generation ;)

@Marialein They are such a pretty-to-look-at couple! Couldn't get my eyes of them the entire time! <3
    Hear more of them you will for sure, I promise you that much! ;)
    Thank you so much for reading and commenting.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm very excited to see the high school years! Graham aged up nicely.

And Marion fits the role perfectly, I think. (And yes, I'm totally complimenting myself right now :lol: )
  • Options
    I'm very excited to see the high school years! Graham aged up nicely.

And Marion fits the role perfectly, I think. (And yes, I'm totally complimenting myself right now :lol: )

@CharmingMaruska I am SO happy with Marion, she makes the best grumpy-stressed faces :lol:
    And yes, Graham is so very handsome :love:
  • Options
    CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Just read chapter 3.1! I am proceeding slowly but surely. I love this legacy! So simple yet emotional - You're great at taking every day life and family stories and making them exciting and beautiful! I think I will like Farrah! I have a way with words in writing too. Only in writing! :D
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Options
    Just read chapter 3.1! I am proceeding slowly but surely. I love this legacy! So simple yet emotional - You're great at taking every day life and family stories and making them exciting and beautiful! I think I will like Farrah! I have a way with words in writing too. Only in writing! :D

@Crzydramaqueen Awhh, thank you so much <3
    I'm so glad you're catching up! My writing is slightly changing as your process further in the story. But it's still me writing, so I hope you enjoy that as well. :)
    I hope you'll love Farrah as much as you loved the others! She'll write a lot ;)
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    On page 10! Even though I know this'll show up on page 52, I just wanted to let you know I'm really liking it so far. :)
  • Options
    Page 16: So sad when Avery and Jameson died. :'(

Just want you to know that the only reason I stopped reading last night was I got a migraine. I fought the migraine and the migraine won. (song anyone? :P ) I didn't want the migraine if for no other reason than I wanted to keep reading. :)
  • Options
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    On page 10! Even though I know this'll show up on page 52, I just wanted to let you know I'm really liking it so far. :)
    Page 16: So sad when Avery and Jameson died. :'(

Just want you to know that the only reason I stopped reading last night was I got a migraine. I fought the migraine and the migraine won. (song anyone? :P ) I didn't want the migraine if for no other reason than I wanted to keep reading. :)

@mypalsim1 So happy to hear you are catching up and enjoying doing so! Makes me really happy :)
    I hope your migraine is gone now!
    Thank you for reading and leaving some comments <3
  • Options
    Page 20. I'm glad Sofia's "talk" went better this time. I love watching the sims do that. It's hilarious!
  • Options
    Page 29 (Farrah is walking through the big, empty house and thinking the sun is her friend)

Made me think of this song:
    Goonight, My Someone
    Start it at 6m10s
  • Options
    Page 34. Okay... Blue and Sofia ticked me off that they didn't discuss the possibility of adoption with Farrah before making a family announcement like that. If Farrah didn't live with them, that would be a different story, but she does. She should have a say in this too. After all, isn't that what they said they were going to do?

*deep breath*
  • Options
    Page 37 (after the massage instead of movie night):
    I'll tell you what's bothering you, Farrah. Everyone else is making your decisions for you! Sure, they're mostly decisions you'd probably make on your own on your own time, but you're not making them.

This girl needs a backbone.

And don't get me wrong, I'm loving this. :)
  • Options
    page 39:
    Yay! A Graham. I have a special place in my heart for Grahams.
    I'm sure Margo's great too, but...yeah.
  • Options
    @mypalsim1 I loved coming back to all these comments! So super sweet to read :blush:
    You're getting closer every day I believe! I don't mind some critique on my characters, I give them flaws for a reason!
    If you read a little further, you'll soon be enchanted by Graham even more. Caught up his story as a teenager has just began ;)
  • Options
    page 43: I'm proud of Farrah for finally finding her backbone and sticking to a decision, even if it was influenced by someone else. Still, in essence it was her decision, no one else's.
  • Options
    page 45: That's okay, Simon! I'll take you! :D
  • Options
    @mypalsim1 Farrah's slowly learning! She'll need to grow quite a bit more though.
    And yes, Simon's adorable! :lol:
  • Options
    Caught up and stuck waiting like everyone else. :/

Ugh. The "caste system" is real. I was in the band, colorguard to be more specific. Colorguard captain if I'm bragging. hehe.
    After high school, I ran into some girls that used to be cheerleaders, my "mortal enemies." Turns out they were really nice, and we got to talking while our kids played on the playground equipment. They'd thought I was stuck up! Because I never spoke to anyone that wasn't band or chorus related. I actually laughed and told them I just assumed they wouldn't like me, so I never talked to anyone. Never in my teenage years would I have thought of myself as stuck up. But it did teach me a lesson: talk to everybody.

I'm curious to see how Graham's time with the art club will go. I'm starting to wonder if he has inherited his grandfather's tendency to not stick to anything for long.
  • Options
    Caught up and stuck waiting like everyone else. :/

Ugh. The "caste system" is real. I was in the band, colorguard to be more specific. Colorguard captain if I'm bragging. hehe.
    After high school, I ran into some girls that used to be cheerleaders, my "mortal enemies." Turns out they were really nice, and we got to talking while our kids played on the playground equipment. They'd thought I was stuck up! Because I never spoke to anyone that wasn't band or chorus related. I actually laughed and told them I just assumed they wouldn't like me, so I never talked to anyone. Never in my teenage years would I have thought of myself as stuck up. But it did teach me a lesson: talk to everybody.

I'm curious to see how Graham's time with the art club will go. I'm starting to wonder if he has inherited his grandfather's tendency to not stick to anything for long.

@mypalsim1 So glad you caught up! It must've been quite a read though. Hopefully I won't leave you waiting too long :smile:

The caste-system and different point of views will be discussed! Margo is a cheerleader herself after all :blush:
    I think the lesson you learned is a wonderful one, even if the way of finding it wasn't.

Graham isn't non-committal like J, but he does have trouble finding his turn in high-school. So he'll change his occupation in high-school a lot anyway :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    3.57 Quarterbacks don't date cheerleaders

24-3-17_18-29-41.png

Margo was late, very late. Hastily she strutted through the hallway in her green ensemble. The cheerleader tenue she wore with pride almost every single day. Because she had practice almost every single day.
    The meetings of the arts-club however, were only two times a week. And she already missed their Monday morning session, every. Single. Week.

24-3-17_18-38-58.png

Margo smiled as she swung the door open, she made it.
    Maybe not in time, but the other members where still there. Which meant that she would still have time to express herself for at least, Margo shot a quick glance at the clock, 32 minutes.

She really needed these moments, surrounded by nothing than a soothing and calm environment. It was a huge contrast from the loud and active cheerleader squat when they had training on the field. Both were welcome and both were necessary for Margo to stay sane.

24-3-17_18-37-18.png

“Good morning, sorry I’m late. Traffic was wild.” Margo smiled apologetically at her fellow members. She entered the classroom further, quickly taking a glance to her right where Marion was working on a piece that had already taken weeks of her time.

The girl didn’t bother to greet or even acknowledge Margo, by now it was something she had gotten used to.
    Somewhere along the way it had dawned to her that people glaring and ignoring her had nothing to do with whom she was, it had to do with what she was. The green tenue was a blessing and a curse at Oasis Springs High. Where there were people who looked up to her, and wished to be her, there were also people who despised her. No matter how many of her broad signature smiles she gave them.
    Marion, was no different. At least she got the silent-treatment and not some hurtful comment snarled at her.

24-3-17_18-40-45.png

Luckily for Margo, the other member of their little club was a familiar and friendly face.
    “Hi Margo. Glad you’re here now.” Charlotte greeted her with a soft smile. Margo’s cousin never failed to support her family. She didn’t have the biggest mouth or the loudest mind, but she was honest and aspired justice and friendliness.
    Without the tenue Charlotte had a bigger reach than Margo. Through the time she had brought peace in the arts class, simply because Marion would actually take the effort to listen to her.

24-3-17_18-42-38.png

“Just grab a canvas and get started.” Charlotte’s soft voice shook Margo out of thought again. She smiled. “Right, I will. Thank you.”

Carefully Margo placed the canvas on her easel. Soft piano music played in the background as she got lost in another world, filled with colours.

25-4-17_12-08-11.png

“You might be good at baseball,

10-4-17_18-48-56.png

You might be good at track,

25-4-17_12-09-19.png

But when it comes to football,

10-4-17_18-49-08.png

You better watch your back,

25-4-17_12-13-32.png

OSH attack!”

10-4-17_18-51-52.png

As the clutch of girls fell apart, their captain Hester walked to the front. She turned on her heels and wiped the sweat of her forehead before crossing her arms.
    Her smile projected satisfaction towards the cheerleader squad. “Good work ladies, we’re right on schedule for the big game.”
    Sighs of reliefs sounded from the group, making the older girl smile. Being the only senior, the role of cheer captain was simply cut out for her.
    “I’ll see you all on the track tomorrow at 11, no later. You’re dismissed.”

The last sentence was Margo’s que to join her cousin at front, as the rest of the girls walked to the locker room.
    Hester linked their arms and pulled her after the others, directly starting some kind of gossip about the performance of one of the girls.
    After all these years, she was still particularly fond of her cousin Margo.

25-4-17_12-27-52.png

As the girls finally had caught their breath, they started flaunting all over the locker room. Some took a shower, some got dressed directly and some simply weren’t done chatting yet. Margo had a combination of the last two. As she was rummaging through her locker, her cousin sat behind her and talked to her as she watched.
    “You got the cutest little behind.” She joked, making Margo flush red. Her cousin always did this, she was a huge flirt, probably trying to get Margo’s self-esteem up.

25-4-17_12-36-50.png

“I can’t get dressed if you distract me like this.” Margo nagged, but the objection did not stop her cousin. “Maybe I don’t want you to get dressed.” She purred, making Margo almost choke with laughter. She then slammed her locker shut. “Your wish might just come true, I can’t find my bag.” It wasn’t particularly a situation Margo thought was funny, she was simply considering whether Hester hid it as a prank. It was a typical thing for the raven-haired girl to do.

25-4-17_12-46-31.png

“I don’t have your bag.” Her cousin saw right through her. “You must’ve left it somewhere, nobody has access to this building and we had our eyes on the door the entire time. What was your schedule?”
    “We had this creative-writing test.” Lalita butted in. “All bags up front, mister Taylor’s rules. Did you forget it afterwards?”
    Margo definitely forgot it there.

Oh god, she forgot it at Mister Taylor’s class.

25-4-17_12-52-21.png

In the back of the room Sienna already started to squeal, the blonde-girl was attracted to about every single male in the school. “Don’t worry Margo, I’ll come with you!” She brought out, before anyone else could make the offer. When it came to Scott Taylor, the girls didn’t grant each other anything. He was like a male-trophy, a forbidden-love waiting to happen. A perfect high-school girl fantasy.

25-4-17_13-00-34.png

Lalita grabbed Sienna’s head. “No-way. Margo’s got it bad, Sienna. Don’t ruin her chance on some alone time with Mister Taylor.” Lalita winked at Margo, reading between the lines Margo knew Lalita was pretty satisfied with herself. Sienna’s pouting only added to that. The girl though she was a live-action Cupido ever since she started dating Margo’s brother.

25-4-17_13-03-33.png

“Now does anyone have an outfit for Margo to borrow, we can’t send her on this mission in that smelly tenue!”
    Margo didn’t pay any more attention to the girls around her as they started turning their bags upside down. She gave a begging look at her cousin, who threw her sweat-pants and shrugged. “Go get them ‘tiger’. She said, semi-joking.

25-4-17_13-36-07.png

Margo’s encounter with Mister Taylor had been awkward and uncomfortable. Unlike what everybody though, she wasn’t that enchanted by Mister Taylor at all.
    Sure, she saw that perfect jawline and natural tan. But she also saw that he was about ten to fifteen years older than her. And she found that kind of gross.

Margo had her own little crush, the name-play made it easy for her to forget the show she was putting up. Scott Taylor, Taylor Reese. A Taylor is a Taylor, right?
    She watched the football player as he was chatting with friends at the other side of the hallway.
    What a coincidence he just happened to be there as she was supposedly having one on one time with her ‘crush’.

25-4-17_13-39-33.png

Taylor had been a great friend of hers ever since freshman year, but they had grown apart with time and due circumstances Margo tried to deny. It were those same circumstances that brought her to the act of fawning a liking of her teacher.
    But even if they weren’t Batman and Robin anymore, that didn’t mean they were Tom and Jerry. They never had stopped being friendly to each other, and it was the little moment they spent together that kept fuelling the fire underneath Margo’s crush.

25-4-17_13-40-20.png

But their love wasn’t meant to be, for more reasons than just the unfortunate circumstances that happened between him and the head-cheerleader of last year. No, it was also that Margo never stopped wondering why such a sweet and compassionate guy would date anyone like Mia Henderson.

But quarterback’s don’t date cheerleaders.

A/N
    Huge thanks to @mypalsim1 for making me some custom cheerleader-poses, they'll be used frequently <3
    Thank you @Leeuska1 for Taylor Reese, he's the best high-school crush :blush: And big thanks to @Kamio For Mia Henderson!
  • Options
    Great chapter!!! Thank you for using the poses so expertly!

Thing: I don't know if "tenue" is a word. Do you mean "uniform"? A cheerleading uniform. J/w

I hope to get to see more of Margo, and I'm curious about the teacher dude.
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Nice to know more about Margo and her crush...maybe she will get to date him - eventually? :)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I wrote only one or two times about the teenagers, reading this chapter I felt a wish to do it again :blush: I like how you've written this chapter, @Sterretjeee :) All these poses and the atmosphere, I really enjoyed it ;)