Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would it be possible to 3D print our sims, maybe for a wedding cake topper?

Would you print out your sims if you could? Some of my sims mean so much to me I would love to have them on my shelf or use mine and my BF's simselves as a cake topper when I get married...

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I don't know if it's possible or not, but that sounds like an awesome idea. :) I hope you find the information you're looking for.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm kind of surprised EA hasn't already offered this as a service. They could rake in tons of cash (I think it would be a nice option, too, no one has to use it to enjoy the game).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    With today's 3D printing more widely available I don't see why not. That would actually be quite awesome.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    No possible as I see. And no will be possible as how are saved our sims
    I yet had idea for The Sims 5 add support for it: export a sim from CAS to a file for 3D printers (or for design programs than can send 3D print)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2015
    In theory it's possible. You'd need a program that can both read sim files to construct 3D models out of them AND communicate with a 3D printer. Or at the very least a program that can convert your sim files into a format that existing 3D printer programs can understand.

Maybe an especially talented programmer could do these things.

Edit: It turns out that 3D modeling programs like Blender and Maya already have tools for 3D printing. All that's needed is a way to convert your sim files into a format that Blender or Maya can understand. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    That is the coolest idea ever! I would love to have one or several! :D
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    You'd get those weirdos who make images of their enemies and break their heads off.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    A 3D Justine Keaton would be awesome. <3
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

In fact I could think Sims 3 save at disk each sim in a file .sim
    Would be easier take Sims 3 than Sim 4 to export sims
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    You'd get those weirdos who make images of their enemies and break their heads off.

That...wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. I did have this teacher in high school who went on a power trip and abused her authority. It would be a cathartic experience.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

That...wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. I did have this teacher in high school who went on a power trip and abused her authority. It would be a cathartic experience.

Or potentially traumatic if she ever visited your house for a parent meeting...
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    3D printing my sims would be interesting, ether as individuals or groups since I enjoy the final outcome of my Sims 3 household which includes a self-sim, someone from my dreams, a Plumbot (based off my alternate persona), and an unconventional pet.

Of course this would require some way to pose your sims before making the 3D model of them, but again a good programmer could figure this out and take advantage of the pose mods already available in the Sims games.
  • Options

Well, it's been more than 6 years, so I'd be shocked if such a thing happened. Last I heard she finally got sacked because she got physically confrontational with a student, and not just her usual psychological abuse. So it's not very likely. :p

• Options
    edited December 2015

Well, it's been more than 6 years, so I'd be shocked if such a thing happened. Last I heard she finally got sacked because she got physically confrontational with a student, and not just her usual psychological abuse. So it's not very likely. :p
    Ugh! I don't understand how they let people like that teach!

Forget beheading. Invite her round and use a wood chipper. Just chuck all the little copies of her in. :D
    Woah. That was creepy of me... :blush:
    I think I need a picture of a bunny.
  • Options
    9t1w1j.jpg
    Aaaaaah... Dat's better...
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member

If that was on my wedding cake, I would be halfway to the courts for a divorce.
  • Options
    OrboOrbo Posts: 1 New Member
    hey, guys, I'm looking to test a few ways we might be able to export and print sims characters. Is someone able to export their character and send it to me? Rob@myminifactory.com
  • Options
    SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    I would love to be able to 3D print Sims characters. Some ive put a good hour into their designs to get them just right; to have models like that ready for display would be wonderful, and it could render for tabletop gaming experiences beautifully.