Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Announcement: There will be no chapter today! :( I'm switching to three updates a week for a while. Sorry :( New schedule is Weekends and Wednesdays!

I'll have an official announcement in tomorrow's chapter but I figured I'd at least give those of you who follow my thread a heads-up!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's okay thanks for the heads up! Less updates means we're getting to the good stuff I can't wait! :D<3
  • Options
    In today's chapter, Zayne has a lot to think about.

5.45: Risk
    aA4TwGE.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Good thing I have this book marked; WP reader is like "Nope! No A2A for you today!" /WPTroll
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Good thing I have this book marked; WP reader is like "Nope! No A2A for you today!" /WPTroll

That's really odd @WagonFruit ! Hopefully WP fixes itself soon
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I like the way you've named the new update schedule. Alliteration is my jam.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I like the way you've named the new update schedule. Alliteration is my jam.

Mine too!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Chatting with @LadyLobster as she makes her way through A2A has made me nostalgic for past chapters... and it inspired me to try something for fun (since we don't have Thursday updates anymore!)

Throwback Thursday!

On Thursdays, I'll post an old chapter as a reminder of the some of the past drama of our Rosebrooks! :blush: Re-reading it/discussing it is 100% optional!

Here's our first throwback... for the #ToCo shippers ;)

Interlude: Good Advice
    XHiwoqR.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ahhh - ToCo was being shipped on the first day they met! :D So sweet.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Just popping in here before I get hit by any (more) spoilers! That was such a cute chapter. <3 And I loved the little open secret that I'm assuming will cause a fair amount of drama down the line. ;) With a legacy as long as yours, I think a Throwback Thursday is a great idea! So many moments and early relationships to explore. I'm already #teamtoco!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Ohhh - we should put our comments all in spoilers... I will fix it!
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    edited March 2017
    @AudreyFld Oh no, I wasn't referring to anything you said! @CitizenErased14 knows that I know a LOT of the story beats already, so that was a joke for her. No worries!

I actually didn't even see anything you said because we were both apparently replying at the same time. :)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster - No worries - but you are right. We should probably use spoilers for those that aren't caught up! :)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2017
    I forgot about this chapter! Maybe never even knew because I didn't even have "Like" hit. :anguished:
    "Katz" is a pretty standard German/Jewish surname. Nothing that should be weird at all! Man, Tobi needed to become a little more worldly in his own country. :p

I want the alternate chapter ending where Colette is the center of a regional/national missing child's case because she just runs off to dad's instead of staying at camp.

They were such precious children. Tobi being skinny and tiny for once in his life is weird!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I know @InfraGreen I'm so used to giant hulking manly Tobi :joy: I miss the innocence of childhood and youth :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @InfraGreen I am now terrified about what other chapters you may have missed along the way! Hahaha this chapter was crucial for ship setup! :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It's almost Friday, so you know what that means! :smiley:

@chocis gets a huge shoutout for messaging me with a suggestion for our discussion topic this week -- "Siblings"

Now, I put "siblings" in quotes intentionally... As you know, there are a lot of sibling-like relationships in my story (Joce/Clara, Zayne/Charlie, etc) between other relatives. So, for the purposes of this discussion, any similarly-aged characters raised in the same household are going to count as "siblings" (in addition to the actual biological siblings we have in this story!) :smiley:

As always, you can answer some, all, none, or even come up with your own question or comment! :smiley: (Also, shoutout to @ra3rei for helping me come up with some of these questions!)

1. Which sibling relationship in A2A is your favorite. Why?

(Note: You may answer the following questions about ANY sibling pairs you want... Not necessarily your favorite! Just whoever you feel like discussing... You can even do answers for more than one pair :) )

2. What scene or chapter of the story do you feel best exemplifies the dynamic/relationship between a set of siblings?

3. Pick any sibling pair. How do you feel their relationship has changed over time?

4. What would the siblings buy each other for their birthday/Christmas? (You can be as silly/creative as you want with this one :tongue:)
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I forgot about this chapter! Maybe never even knew because I didn't even have "Like" hit. :anguished:
    "Katz" is a pretty standard German/Jewish surname. Nothing that should be weird at all! Man, Tobi needed to become a little more worldly in his own country. :p

I want the alternate chapter ending where Colette is the center of a regional/national missing child's case because she just runs off to dad's instead of staying at camp.

They were such precious children. Tobi being skinny and tiny for once in his life is weird!

I also hadn't hit like on this chapter for some reason, but I had definitely read it. I loved their instant connection as pre-teens. I was team ToCo from that first chapter myself, hehe.

Amanda, I love this idea of throwback Thursday!
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Glad you and @AudreyFld shipped from the start ;) Hehe

And I'm glad you enjoy the idea of Throwback Thursday!

Know what's funny??? I didn't even realize it, but that chapter was published on March 24, 2016... exactly one year ago tomorrow! :smiley: A perfect throwback choice by accident! Haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Glad you and @AudreyFld shipped from the start ;) Hehe

Know what's funny??? I didn't even realize it, but that chapter was published on March 24, 2016... exactly one year ago tomorrow! :smiley: A perfect throwback choice by accident! Haha

That is funny. Your story moves at a nice speed, but that timing is just perfect. I feel like I'm going through your characters' lives, like 80 years of life with them, even though it's only a few months. It's just a credit to your writing. I swear looking at Tobi as a child feels like 50 years ago to me, which is doubly crazy because I'm in my 30s. And I prolly sound like a crazy person so I'll stop here.
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    1. Which sibling relationship in A2A is your favorite. Why?

Tobi and Stephan. I loved them both together as twins and as separate individuals. They were completely unique from each other. Tobi had his soccer, and family, but Stephan had a lot of ambition and he did find happiness. And I just loved how the two are as really old men. Too bad they aren't two grumpy old men, I would laugh at that.

2. What scene or chapter of the story do you feel best exemplifies the dynamic/relationship between a set of siblings?

In Interlude: Confession I think not only did it exemplify the relationship Joce had with her siblings (you know, BEFORE Luc went crazy evil on his sister and made her miserable and Joce had a falling out). And with Gus, I know the hardest part for him was to say those two words. Because you never ever know what the other person's reaction. And I absolutely loved that Joce just hugged him and told him not only what he needed to hear, but the truth, that they will always love him. And that just broke my heart. See this is why Joce is my favorite!!! She's just awesome, and she deserved so much and got so much pain from everyone around her. Poor girl.

3. Pick any sibling pair. How do you feel their relationship has changed over time?
    See, i was going to go with Stephan and Toby, but then I decided to go with the other set of twins: Joce and Luc. Their relationship could have been something amazing, and then bam, all readers' hearts were ripped to shreds at the end. Stupid fire. But seriously, this is how their relationship changed over time:

Cute at first, and it was cute when they would sneak into their parents room while playing hide and seek. They were a cute little bundles.

Then there was some sibling rivalry, which is expected. I know Joce wasn't too happy a lot growing up, especially since it appeared that Luc was favorited (AND HE WAS! BIG TIME!) But, I figured by the time she got to college, they were pretty much nice-nice and I think she was proud of him.

And then Mark came into her life, and rather be "grown-ups" about Mark, that sibling rivalry and that favoritism kicked in, and Joce was left in pieces to the point that I hated Luc and Tobi (and I adore Tobi almost as much as Stephan.) I understood Tobi's reaction, I did, so my hate with him soften, but Luc. Oh hell no. He never accepted his blame for Joce's unhappiness, and I think that because he never truly apologized they went years without speaking or anything. (Okay, it didn't help that Joce slept with Mark at their wedding. Though that was bloody awesome!)

I think if Luc hadn't died, that maybe their relationship could have been salvaged. I also think that maybe Luc would have seen his and Hazel's errors, and set Mark and her up again. I mean, we don't really know, but I don't think Mark was happy either and I bet Hazel was guilty about that. Right? She might have tried to help him and Joce pick up the pieces...maybe. Still a lot of hurt happened, and the growth that could have been never happened. Instead it went from a real special bond to loathing to pure hatred, and that's kind of sad, and makes you wish that they could have made-up and build a better relationship.

4. What would the siblings buy each other for their birthday/Christmas? (You can be as silly/creative as you want with this one :tongue:)

Ok, and I think this goes with Clara's personality, too, but I strongly believe that if anyone, Clara would take Gus to his first gay bar for his "legal" birthday (21,18, whatever in the Simsverse). She'd be the one to get him all clubbed out and ready to hit the streets, even if he was already dating by then. I could totally see it.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Glad you and AudreyFld shipped from the start ;) Hehe

That is funny. Your story moves at a nice speed, but that timing is just perfect. I feel like I'm going through your characters' lives, like 80 years of life with them, even though it's only a few months. It's just a credit to your writing. I swear looking at Tobi as a child feels like 50 years ago to me, which is doubly crazy because I'm in my 30s. And I prolly sound like a crazy person so I'll stop here.

Oh this is so kind of you to say! :blush: I love that it feels like the years are actually passing along with the characters! That's kind of my goal, and it can be hard to find a good balance in terms of pacing and stuff. So thank you!!!! :smiley:

@orangeplumbob Thank you so much for your answers! I meant to post those questions today (I'd saved them as a draft) but I accidentally clicked "post" last night and decided to just leave it :joy:

I love how much you love Tobi and Stefan, and your answer about Clara taking Auggy to a gay bar was perfect :joy:

I also really liked your analysis of Joce and Luc's relationship and how things could have been different between them :( (I will say that Luc and Hazel DID eventually see their fault in it and tried to apologize to Joce/apologized to Mark. The interlude where we first see baby Zayne mentions it. :) But Joce was too angry and bitter at that point to accept any of Luc's apologies)

I totally agree that if they'd communicated and truly apologized they probably could have mended that relationship over time. The love between them was always there, despite everything that happened. And it's such a shame that they never got to fix things before that fire :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh! And @orangeplumbob 's awesome answer about Jocelyne and Lucas made me think of another question! :smiley:

5. What is something that one (or both!) siblings could have done differently that would have drastically changed their relationship (for better or worse!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh! And @orangeplumbob 's awesome answer about Jocelyne and Lucas made me think of another question! :smiley:

5. What is something that one (or both!) siblings could have done differently that would have drastically changed their relationship (for better or worse!)

I laughed when I saw this. There really is only one answer. Stop with the secrets! Be honest with your feelings. Talk to each other and listen! This goes for every last one of those Rosebrooks. :#
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited March 2017
    Emotional WitcHazard:

1. Our favorite sibling relationship would have to be Jocelyn and Lucas. They have a full well rounded realistic relationship that just had so much depth others are pale by comparison. I'm mean their relationship just screams creativity. They start out as inseparable twin siblings when they're young, then we get the teenage phase where both are starting to come into their own as a person Lucas more than Joce you see the separation starting to take place. The relationship kinda foreshadows that they're still cool with each other but the person they grew up with and the person they are becoming our vastly different so a little mild separation is expected but being that she's a girl and he's a boy it's going to happen more so. Then it hits the straw that breaks this once seemingly loving sibling pair wide open showing off imperfections that developed over the years that they didn't take the time to mend or notice. Then after the quelling fire of all the wreckage has died down at the end of the day we see to siblings that deeply love each other but the deep love also allows them to be the one who can hurt them the most which is scary. Then it ends with the daunting questions of what ifs. And Jocelyn's dedication to taking care of Zayne shows how much she truly loved her brother!

2. Interlude Happy Birthday Generation 4. This chapter was a testament to how much Lucas and Jocelyn truly love each other, but her stubbornness gets in the way of the reconciliation that we all wanted to see and the fact that this was the last time Joce will ever speak to Luc and still doesn't forgive him shows just how much he hurt her but her inward thoughts of wanting to forgive him shows how much she misses him and cherishes the relationship they once had.

3. I kinda answered this question in my answer for the first one. So I'm sure you get my thoughts on the subject of Joce and Luc.

4. It would be Lucas and Jocelyn's 31st birthday during the prior year they would have hypothetical reconciled and Luzel would have survived the fire being the main reason they reconciled. He'd buy her the signed by the director extended director's cut edition of all the Moonlight Massacre movies with all these deleted scenes and a full on drawn out explanation of the movie form the director him or herself. Then they'd watch it together Jocelyn would buy some candy or treat that Lucas loved as a kid. Joce never liked it but ate it because Lucas loved it then while their eating he says he never liked it either he only ate it cause he thought she liked it. The two of them laugh waking up Zayne and Mikail allowing the weird tradition to move on to the next generation. (In this scenario Mark got Joce pregnant at the wedding resulting in another reason Luzel couldn't really oppose the relationship since Zayne and Mikail are so close bascially brothers.

Lover WitcHazard: Ooh I want to take this one.

5. Clara doesn't confide in Jocelyn about her situation with that b@stard who wronged her stays in the relationship gets hurt calls Joce who tells Luc and Florian the trio goes over there sees a beat up Clara Florian loses it beast the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of him then carries Clara away bridal style. Clara regrets not confiding and Joce and the two grow closer as Clara's on the mend. All the while Florian has been debating whether or not he thinks of Clara as a sister or not only to confirm his romantic feels for her when he sees her destitute. And then after Clara heals up two have a whole lot of XXX activities ;)

Dark WitcHazard: Or Clara doesn't listen to Joce and continues the relationship in secret. He takes his possessiveness too far she accidentally kills him and Joce helps her clean up and get rid of the body taking the secret to their grave. Or she calls Florian who does the same thing but confuses his affection for loyalty and thinks he only did it because the loves Clara like a sister and they two never get together.

Shipper WitcHazard: How dare you come up with a idea the tank our perfect ship Clarian.

Anti Shipper WitcHazard: Yeah even I think that's a little too much Dark.

Dark WitcHazard: It's better than Lovers idea about Florian's parents dying Mari and Jonas take him in the two grow up as sibling and then start some weird incestuous relationship behind everyone's back.

Lover WitcHazard: It's so romantic and kinky besides they aren't really related so what's the problem with a little forbidden love drama. Adorable author add this to the list of potential WitcHazard simlit archives. Put it right under the one about well endowed gigolo.

Writer WitcHazard raises a thumbs up and continues writing.

Dark WitcHazard: Don't have her right down your filthy fantasies! It's a waste of space and time just like you! Besides what about all term papers she has to work?

Lover WitcHazard: She'll find the time I'm sure she can if she puts her mind to it!

Writer WitcHazard raises a sign that says "No I Won't!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top